Author Topic: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift  (Read 517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2020, 08:33:21 PM »
Qaron

“Yes, Slimeslip, I know that town well,” says Qaron. Both correcting the Mahen, but not drawing attention to it.

“My family owns Xidit shipping. They have a caravan that moves from Slimeslip up to the capital city of Lanton.”

** Warho has heard of them.

“Most of us are from Hogwood, about three days travel from here.”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3829
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 02:24:22 AM »
Wahro

The Mahen says, "Yes, I am familiar with the caravans.  My father worked in the Ameliora factory before he passed."  Then he quickly grows quite.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2020, 07:54:55 PM »
Qaron

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Qaron says and then awkwardly looks around for something to do.

Zophiel picks up their notebook and moves closer to Dayn, “I’ve done all of the studies I can do alone, I would like to see what sort of interactions the rift has with various objects, but I’m concerned that may be dangerous.”

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2020, 01:27:31 AM »
Dayn

Dayn nods, "When do you wish to do such? When night falls (** what time is it? **) we should move to a safe distance, make camp and set a watch. The next day I would send word of what we found to Hogwood, but may also want to stand a watch here until we hear from the Sheriff."

To Skrawk, "I hate to take advantage but would you be willing to take a message to Hogwood in the morning?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 132
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2020, 01:50:42 AM »
Skrawk answers, "No problem.  Will it be written, or do I memorize it?  I assume you'll tell me in the morning who to deliver the message to, and whether you want a reply..."

Rob

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2020, 09:38:44 AM »
** it is morning yet. Let’s say 9AM.

** Skrawk is not present at the moment. He went and circled around the other side of the rift, to where Ammon went (who is also not present). But, we can assume this conversation takes place upon his return.


Offline Mollari

  • Knight Errant
  • *
  • Posts: 132
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
***Understood.  Consider that Skrawk's answer when he does meet up.

Rob

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2020, 05:37:32 PM »
Skrawk answers, "No problem.  Will it be written, or do I memorize it?  I assume you'll tell me in the morning who to deliver the message to, and whether you want a reply..."

Rob

Dayn

"I can write it. Message goes to Sheriff Chanur. If she replies please bring it back."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3829
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2020, 09:13:23 PM »
Wahro

Wahro says, "If I am not needed here. I might try to get beyond the influence of the rift and try from some fresh meat.  It would be prudent to have at least one partner when we leave camp or the rift."  Then he looks to Skwark and says, "Unless there are none who can fly with you."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2020, 09:42:46 PM »
Jay

One of the guards speaks up, “if you want to journey beyond the influence of the rift, it would be best to travel as a group. We didn’t see any animals in a days travel, so it won’t be a quick trip.”

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2020, 09:50:42 PM »
Zophiel

Zophiel picks up their notebook and moves closer to Dayn, “I’ve done all of the studies I can do alone, I would like to see what sort of interactions the rift has with various objects, but I’m concerned that may be dangerous.”

Dayn

Dayn nods, "When do you wish to do such?”


Zophiel

“I don’t know that I want to do it by myself. I really don’t know how dangerous it is. So far, from what I’ve studied, it is Mostly Harmless.”

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2020, 11:20:16 PM »
Dayn

Shrugs, "Do what you need to do in the morning. We need to camp and then send word of our findings to the Sheriff. When he is back, I will ask Skrawk to fly back. I think we remain here, at whatever you consider the *air quotes* 'minimum safe distance' and keep watch."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3829
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2020, 02:45:29 AM »
Wahro

The Mahen says, "Well if it is too far to go for fresh food; I will stay here and help with the research."  He moves closer to the rift and extends his hand toward the light.  "I can feel around on the other side if you want Zophiel?" he says breaking into a wide grin.

Offline Bloodraven

  • Page
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2020, 11:42:13 PM »
Zophiel's raises an eyebrow to their friend. "I'm not certain the rift, in it's own right, is dangerous, but I did see orc soldiers pass through that hole in reality. I'd be more concerned there is a set of orcs standing on the other side of this rift like we are right now. Stick your hand through and it may not come back. Perhaps stick something else through?" Maybe the end of a rope?"

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3829
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2020, 09:04:11 PM »
Wahro

"Maybe putting a stick through would be easier than pushing a rope in?" the Mahen says.  He proceeded to look for a suitable stick (more like a small tree).

Offline Old Man

  • Moderator
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »
Dayn

Watches the proceedings from a distance (just within say 10-12 paces with a clear bowshot of the rift), Ouwyr at her side, arrow resting in bow, waiting for Skrawk's return.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 883
Re: [Act 1, Scene 8] The Rift
« Reply #76 on: Yesterday at 07:07:03 PM »
Warho takes a few steps away and grabs a small dead branch and easily snaps it off from the main tree. He tosses it in his hand a little testing its heft and girth. Nodding his head, he approaches the rift and sticks the limb into the rift.

The Ether resists at first, then it looks as the Ether turns liquid and starts to flow around the branch as Warho pushes the branch deeper into the rift.

Warho let's go of the branch and it remains aloft, the rift supporting the branches weight. He tries to push it in further and the rift resists at first, but then flows around the branch to let it pass. Warho then tries to pull the branch back out, and again the rift resists. This time with even more resistance than there was entering the pool. It takes all of Warho's strength to pull the branch. 

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk