Author Topic: Restricted Access Announcement  (Read 119 times)

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Restricted Access Announcement
« on: February 17, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »
Due to the large volumes of spam a/c's being generated, and no apparent way to prevent auto-acceptance of such, I have taken the decision to block any automation involved in registering to the site.

I have informed Ictus, regarding this matter, hopefully, he will be able to find a way to restore functionality of the system.

What this means is that the ONLY way new members can register is in-directly via recommendation via existing members.

Please PM me directly if you wish to introduce a new member.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
Re: Restricted Access Announcement
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:04:33 AM »
Is the forum open again? It’s starting to get a bit quiet around here. would love to have some new “blood” so to speak to keep the games running

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »
No. Currently it isn't open... as it is, I'm waiting on Ictus to update the security protocols. ATM it's just auto-accepting new "members" after 7 days....which I do not seem to be able to change. Since we were getting 2-300 HUNDRED applications each week I was finding it a little tiresome (to say the least) individually trying to ensure that spammers, spambots or worse still potentials hackers, weren't let in.

In the 6+ months I've been going through the requests, perhaps only 1-2 new members. It didn't seem a good use of my time. :(

However, it is still possible to invite new members and then accept them individually.. unfortunately, that does create a bottleneck, but I feel it's better than being buried under a deluge of spam.

Offline Jaeru

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
I can imagine! Let’s hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks for the update

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk