Author Topic: Healing the DWARF  (Read 302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Healing the DWARF
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:45:56 AM »

** Does it appear that the artery is sufficient healed by the cauterization?

Zariya says to those present, "He's lucky to still be with us. Good job, whomever stopped the bleeding. That alone would have killed him."

Zariya rummages through his satchel and to start will apply Arnuminas to the connective tissue damage (2x heal tendons/ligaments) and asks Jorgenson to prop his head up, so Zariya can try to give the Dwarf a dose of Rewk (heal 2-20).


As to the cauterization, the wound it not bleeding.

As Jorgenson lifts the Dwarfs head and you attempt to  introduce the potion, the Dwarf suddenly regains consciousness, sputtering and sitting up on his own.  He is not happy and seems very confused.  He shouts something  that you do not understand.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:55:40 AM by Just X »

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 12:30:48 AM »

Zariya tries to be reassuring, "You are safe, please do not struggle, I am trying to help you. Please calm down."

He says to the others, "Do either of you speak his language?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
"Steady yourself friend... these men are saving your life..." Grobbitt says in Dwarvish.

To the others... "I believe your ministrations have revived him" *winks*  "Thank you"

Grobbit then offers the dwarf some water from his water-bottle...  (if the dwarf  doesn't appear to understand whatever passes for a common language, Grobbit will then repeat in Dwarvish. "You are in the cellar of an inn... though it would probably best you return to whatever task you intended prior to falling foul of the sewers denizens, after a brief rest. Perhaps you might consider providing us with a little information, should you have any, of events and locations in return. This place you guard or seek, for instance, at least so we can avoid it..." 

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 02:59:58 PM »
The Dwarf does not seem to understand common.  He does take a sip of water from Grobbitt's offered bottle.  He still seems confused and says something in Dwarvish.  ["What is going on, where am I?"]

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 02:23:53 AM »
Jorgenson looks impatient to get back to the rest of the party, but waits patiently for Zariya to dismiss him.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 07:10:05 AM »
Grobbitt

Seeing that the Dwarf is now alive and being tended to, Grobbit spends a couple of moments to introduce himself and the others. If the Dwarf does not seem keen to give any further information, then he'll suggest Jorgensen return to the party.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
Zariya,

Introduces himself to Grobbit, "Good day, I am Zariya, last of the Savindys," and then says to Jorgenson, "Do you need anything? If not, you have my leave to return and assist. The Gods be with you."

If Grobbit remains behind he asks, "What attacked this fellow? Is everyone else OK?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »
Grobbitt

"Greeting sir..  An Alligator, strange I know, but I suspect stranger things await us... as far as I know, all our party are well, at least at the moment..." With this he wishes both the healer and the dwarf well and tugs on Jorgenson's arm... "Come on, before they get too far.."

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 12:35:53 AM »
Zariya,

"Before you go," he asks, "what is my patient's name and is he part of your group? Or a sewer dweller?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »
Grobbitt

Catches himself and stops. "No he isn't a member of the party, however, his continued welfare may prove useful to us... his name is.. rather hard to pronounce in full, for it is quite long.. but Agassis should suffice.."

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »
Zariya

Replies, "Thank you, Grobbitt. Good fortune to the both of you."

Turning to Agassis, hands raised in a non-threatening gesture, "Agassis. Can you understand me? I am here to help. Where does it hurt?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 02:40:55 AM »
The Dwarf looks concerned with Grobbitt's imminent departure, then he wrinkles his nose and says something in Dwaren.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 02:54:43 AM »
The Dwarf is very agitated.  Suddenly he attempts to stand as if to leave.  However, no matter his determination, his body refuses to cooperate, and he crashed back down to the bench as the injured leg refuses to support it's share of his body's weight.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 08:08:01 AM »
Grobbitt

Says something to the Dwarf (in dwarvern)... then to the others... "As I said, he is not a member of our party, it is probably best he not stay in the cellar long, at least obviously, since those that own this place may take exception or attempt to extort further recompense from us. I have suggest he shelters within here...until it is safe for him to move".  Points to the large barrel that forms the exitway into the sewers.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
Zariya

"Well that's not ideal. If he wishes to rest, he should come upstairs with me to the inn. Otherwise I've done all I can for him now. Rest is prescribed. I will come back down and check on him in a couple of hours."

Zariya, unless asked to do otherwise, will return upstairs to the Inn,.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
The Dwarf will accept assistance to move to the tun (large barrel).  Jorgenson leads the way and keeps a respectful distance from the Dwarf.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52:57 AM »
Grobbitt please provide a perception roll

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 07:41:02 AM »
Perception:

Rolled 1d100+23 : 10 + 23, total 33

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 02:48:27 AM »
You see a torch about 350 feet ahead, but can't make out more.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Healing the DWARF
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:42 AM »
Grobbitt

Confidently, keeps going in the direction (which he came from) towards the last location of the party, but quietly (aka Hobbit-like) with lantern in off-hand, weapon in the other, staying close to the wall.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk