Author Topic: NotJ - Chapter 3 - The Investigation Continues  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
Re: NotJ - Chapter 3 - The Investigation Continues
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
"I think it prudent to have someone keep watch over the back alley. With your permission Lieutenant I shall do so from the rear window." said the Professor.

Offline Gymnosophist

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2020, 10:32:59 PM »
The bookseller smiles, dismissing the Professor's suggestion. "Oh I'm sure Gordon will let us know if we have any unexpected visitors". As if on cue, an energetic little Scotch Terrier rushes into the room, barks at the mention of its name, and runs back out again towards the rear of the building. "Now then," Paice continues, "I must ask you again before telling my tale, what do you gentlemen know of this affair, and how did you come to be involved?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:34:39 PM by Gymnosophist »

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2020, 04:12:43 AM »
The professor smiled when the dog made its brief appearance. "Lt. Summers was one of my students and a friend. I found it hard to believe he committed suicide as was the claim so I decided to look into the circumstances of his death. I met Sir Reginald and Dr Karparti at the funeral and have we have banded together to investigate. We have since discovered that Lt. Summers was murdered and it is connected to the theft of some object of antiquity while his unit served abroad." the Professor said.

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2020, 12:34:36 PM »
"We know zese men are willingk to do murder most foul in order to find zis object zey szeek. Zis object zat you and your fellow officersz from ze Buffs brought back from Eygpt.........Abadan." sais Dr. Kárpáti, letting the last strange word hang in the air.

Dr. Kárpáti watches keenly for Paice's reaction.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #164 on: Yesterday at 02:31:12 AM »
The professor casually stood and moved to the window overlooking the high street and kept an eye out for the two foreigners or anything unusual.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk