Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 5378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #520 on: November 18, 2020, 04:45:16 AM »
Round 7 combat

The Rat King smirks and continues to observe the battle between the rat creatures and the party.  Then he says, "Feed my brothers! You would be heroes are fools thinking that you could best me! That is the difference between the intelligent and the stupid.  I am intelligent and have barely dirtied my hands in this fight, as I let my minions battle you.  You are stupid and will die for naught, sacrificing your blood to my Rat God."

Quinn ignores the taunts and continues his assault on Thing 1, doing 7 points of damage, stunning the creature and forcing it to parry for 2 more rounds. Thing 2 strikes at Jeremiah but misses Jeremiah.  Thing 3 has lost this round of action due to Jeremiah's attack last round. Jorgenson delivers a devastating blow to the rear leg of Thing 5, bone can be heard breaking, as the creature is knocked down. It takes 36 hits, operates at -75%, and is stunned 3 rounds. Not to be outdone, Jeremiah strikes at Thing 3, striking its chest where ribs are heard breaking.  The blow does 11 hits, forces the beast to operate at -25 and is stunned with no option to parry for 2 rounds. Thing 4 again attempts to cast a shock bolt, but fails. Thing 5 is forced to parry as a result of Jorgenson's attack.

Bug continues to work on the manacles.

The Rat King frowns at the way this round played out.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #521 on: November 18, 2020, 11:33:24 PM »
Round 8 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+15 : 10 + 15, total 25
Rolled 1d10+10 : 8 + 10, total 18
Rolled 1d10+40 : 3 + 40, total 43
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #522 on: November 19, 2020, 02:46:39 AM »
Round 8

The Rat King might be a bit worried about his minions ability to dispatch the heroes, or he may want to be closer to gloat over the party's demise; either way, he moves closer to the position of the majority of the party. He moves toward the skeleton in the black top hat, near the end of the second pew. "Take down these foul pretenders my rat-like brothers, they claim to be sovereigns of the sewers, but we know better who rules the land below the street! Bare your teeth; rake your claws, and raise your tails for now is the time to claim your due and the fools as a filling meal!" He the surveys the battle ground from his new position.

Quinn strikes Thing 1 with a roundhouse kick to the neck and shoulder, bone can be heard breaking and the creature lands on the floor unconscious. Thing 2 strikes at Jeremiah with its claws and does a moderate blow (10AS) however, the crit yielded no additional damage. Jorgenson follows up his last strike with another almost identical hit (21EK) on thing 5 that does an additional 12 damage and yields the Skandik initiative next round. The strike proves to be too much for the creature and it collapses. Jeremiah swings his broad sword and connects with Thing 2 with moderate success (10BK+6). Thing 4 continues his futile efforts at casting a shock bolt, with the same success at his prior attempts.


Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #523 on: November 21, 2020, 09:15:46 PM »
Round 9 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+15 : 6 + 15, total 21
Rolled 1d10+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
Rolled 1d10+40 : 5 + 40, total 45
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 10 + 20, total 30
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:27:40 PM by Just X »

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #524 on: November 21, 2020, 10:59:47 PM »
Round 9 Combat

The RK suddenly seems upset. He is looking around the room as if he lost something, but he can't seem to find it. He jumps up onto the second pew and continues to scan the room.  The more he looks the more concerned he seems to get.

Quinn ignores the distracted rat man and leaps from the pew to strike Thing 3. His foot catches it low in the chest and provides a powerful strike (9A+5), which leaves the creature stunned. Thing 4 attempts yet again to use its tail to shock bolt anyone, but the effort fails. Jeremiah inspired by Quinn, delivers a devastating blow to Thing 2 (23ES). His sword strikes the skull, destroying the brain and making life difficult for the poor fool; foe expires in a heap--immediately.

While Bug continues to work on the lock on the girl's other wrist, Jorgenson finds himself without a foe.  As he looks around he sees the Rat King obviously distracted and moves behind him, but still on the floor. The spike on the Skandik's hammer slides between two ribs; the impact knocks him from the pew, and he tumbles over the first pew to the floor at the base of the stairs to the dais. Much to Jorgenson's surprise the hammer is still lodged in the Rat King's back, leaving him without a weapon for the moment.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #525 on: November 21, 2020, 11:07:56 PM »
Round10 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 2, Thing 4

Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Rolled 1d10+40 : 5 + 40, total 45
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #526 on: November 22, 2020, 06:43:24 PM »
Round 10 action

The Rat King continues to lay on the floor, his lack of motion begins to arouse suspicious about him plying  opossum. Quinn advances to within 10 feet of thing 4 and begins whirling his chain weapon. The pattern he weaves with the chain is hypnotic, for anyone watching. The chain files away from the martial artist and strikes Thing 4.  While the blow does not seem strong, the creature drops. Bug works on the lock, luckily opening this lock is easier as he has already picked the sister lock on the other manacle.  He stifles a shout of success, as he hears the tell-tale click of the latch releasing. And just like that the girl is free of the manacles. Jeremiah and Thing 3 square off, Thing 3 rears up on its hind legs and Jeremiah slashes at the beast.  As the sword strikes the creature, it claws at  the mans wrist. Both score hits, the claws rend the flesh of the wrist and do 10 hits and open a bleeding wound (-2/rd); the sword slashes the side of the creature (15DS) doing an additional 20 hits and exposing internal organs. The creature drops to the ground and makes a pitiful sound, Jeremiah also drops to the ground but does not make a sound. Jorgenson approaches the Rat King cautiously. He kicks the RK's foot tentatively, then kicks hard at the knee and finally he leans in and wrenches the hammer from the Rat King's ribs. He rolls the man thing over and confirms it is dead. There is no evidence of the cause of death from the front; however, now that he is back down there is a very quickly growing pool of blood under the body.

The eerie post battle silence is broken by the high pitch voice of the woman yelling "My hero!" As she throws her arms around Bug.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:58:30 PM by Just X »

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #527 on: November 22, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »
In the aftermath of the temple battle, Jorgenson's wound has reopened and he is bleeding at 1/round. Jeremiah has a gash on his wrist bleeding at 2/round and lies on the ground motionless. Abdullah lays face down on the floor and is not moving. Quinn is undamaged, but has moved to Jeremiah. Bug is undamaged, unless the fawning of the girl counts as damage. Grobbitt was last seen in room 5 awaiting an escort to the basement of the inn.


Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4489
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #528 on: November 22, 2020, 07:17:22 PM »
** medic! :) Good job gents vs. the bad guys

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1867
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #529 on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »
Bug

is immobilized by the grip of the girl (Is it her strength, her vicinity or just his low stand that make him umcomfortable).
Nontheless parts of his lock pick set drops to the ground.

"We will bring you back to your father."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #530 on: Yesterday at 05:32:09 AM »
Round 11

Quinn checks the vitals on Jeremiah and clearly announces, "He is alive, for now!" and he begins ministrations to the aristocrat.  He applies pressure to the wound and the flow of blood slows then stops.  Quinn uses the blade of his weapon to cut a bandage from the aristocrat's silk shirt.  Jorgenson moves to Abdullah's body, after a moment he declares, "He is alive and stable."  Then the Skandik addressed his own wound, but first he cuts a strip of cloth from Abdullah's silk shirt. The Skandik quickly stops his bleeding and applied the bandage he cut from Abdullah's shirt. He then moves to Abdullah and checks him out. He turns to Quinn and says "He is alive but unconscious." Jorgenson considers both Abdullah and Jeremiah, then says, "The aristocrat is bigger, so I say I use my last healing potion on him, as Abdullah will be easier to carry." Quinn considers the Skandik's words, then says, "But the fop is better with his sword, just in case we run into trouble." Jorgenson nods and says, "Good point."  He then walks over to the prone body of Abdullah and with draws the second green vial, he pulls the top off and pours the liquid into the nobles mouth. The potion works its magic and Abdullah recovers 17 hits. After a few moments his eyes flutter and he re-gains consciousness. Jorgenson says, "This one is back, now we need to find a means of carrying the aristocrat out of here."

Action is to the party.

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #531 on: Today at 02:59:55 AM »
Abdullah

“Oh, Sultaniya...”, he says groggily, “I really need to give up the hairy marmalade.”

He rubs his eyes, and looks about the room.

Blinks a few times, and then asks, “did we get... of course.”

He then smiles at the girl, winks, and says, “now let’s get you home to daddy.”

He then gets up... nearly falls... rights himself as nothing happened... sheaths his blade... and picks up the aristocrats body and proceeds to head back to the inn.

Pausing briefly at the doorway to the temple, “we really need to come back hear once we drop this lot off and give this place the once over... are you guys coming?”

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1867
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #532 on: Today at 11:32:13 AM »
Bug

picks up his picks.

"Wait. Can you really carry him or should we build a stretcher out of the pews?"

"At least there is no problem in the flooded room;
the bridge is sturdy, it only looks rotten."

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #533 on: Today at 01:32:27 PM »
Abdullah

Abdullah pauses for a moment, jostles the body, and claims, “I’m good. He can’t weigh more than 13 stones. The day I can’t lift that much, I should hang up my scabbard.”

He turns and, with little effort, carries the aristocrat, like a rag doll, out the door.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk