Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 4315 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2020, 02:15:18 AM »
Initiative:

Rolled 2d10+5 : 4, 6 + 5, total 15





You can only have one modifier to your roll.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1834
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2020, 02:40:58 PM »
Bug

Initiative Qu +15
Rolled 2d10+15 : 6, 2 + 15, total 23

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9688
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2020, 07:43:10 AM »
Grobbitt

Rolled 2d10+15 : 10, 1 + 15, total 26

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2020, 02:50:37 AM »
Abdullah's initial strike hits the beast's foreleg with a loud cracking sound.  The gator's jaws open as it utter's an evil hiss and it's head spins toward the new threat.

Jeremiah moves to close the distance to the Dwarf and attempts to pull him from the reach of the gator. 

Jorgenson moves toward the gator with his spear, if it attempts to flee toward him he will attack, if in range.

Quinn whips the chain from his waist with surprising dexterity and suddenly has a double bladed knife/ax (kama with a second blade at 90 degrees to the first) in one hand and a steel ring and several loops of chain in the other as he advance toward the Dwarf.

I assume that Bug covers the party's rear as others rush toward the Dwarf and gator.

Grobbitt the action is to you, there are now several others between you and the gator.

Abdullah will act next striking the gator again--unless you have another action?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:18:45 AM by Just X »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9688
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2020, 07:39:28 AM »
Grobbitt

Unless he has a clear shot at the Alligator he'll hold his shot til he does.

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2020, 10:46:46 AM »
** nope, Abdullah’s plan is to strike again.

Strike:

Rolled 1d100+80 : 97 + 80, total 177

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »
Uproll:

Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »
Again Abdullah's blade rises and falls striking the creature.  It is a solid strike doing significant damage (please provide a roll for the crit)

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2020, 06:04:11 PM »
Crit:

Rolled 1d100 : 97, total 97

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2020, 09:08:27 PM »
Abdullha's sword strikes the creature in the head, slightly behind the eyes.  The skull shatters and whatever brain the gator had now clings to the iron blade in Abdulla's hand.  to quote the crit, "Strike to foe's head destroys the brain and make life difficult for the poor fool. Foe dies in a heal--immediately."  However, the majority of the creature is still in the water and it's weight begins to slowly pull the exposed portion back into the sewer channel. 

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
Abdullah

“Take that foul beast,” exclaims Abdullah, and then pulls his blade back out of the alligator’s head. He wipes the blade clean before sheathing it in his scabbard.

“Hopefully, it was alone in these waters, but you never know.”

He then takes his torch and holds it out over the sewer, to see if there are any other disturbances, or perhaps eyes in the water.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2020, 12:50:44 AM »
The dwarf is conscious but in a bad way with considerable blood loss.  The line of rats has scattered when the gator attacked and they are no longer visible.  Abdullah sees no other sign of life in the channel of the sewer--it seems even more eerily quite now than it did before the attack, as if everything down here knew that something was going to die when the gator attacked.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2020, 01:19:57 AM »
As an aside--the general mind set of the City State is that there is no obligation to aid the Dwarf.  Live and let die, as the Ian Fleming would say.  Some would even say that the Dwarf had it coming for being so foolish as to kick rats into water known to harbor big crocs.  That being said each character is free to choose their own course, with no GM judgement.

Also please provide perception rolls at your convenience.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1834
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »
Bug

covers the rear of the group and follows them always staying close to the wall.
 
Finally he takes a look at the remains of that waterbeast (or the place where it was)
and mutters to himself: "And I thought alligators are hanging from the ceiling."*

__
* This explains his bad perception roll ...

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2020, 02:55:31 AM »
Please provide the perception roll, and add an additional roll, just in case so we can keep things moving.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9688
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
Grobbitt

The threat of the Alligator seemingly over, he goes to tend to the stricken Dwarf.

==========================

Perception & First Aid (+ one extra)

Rolled 1d100+23 : 18 + 23, total 41
Rolled 1d100+20 : 18 + 20, total 38
Rolled 1d100 : 98, total 98


Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9688
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2020, 09:25:42 AM »
Oe roll...

Rolled 1d100+98 : 6 + 98, total 104

Online I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1037
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
Perception

Rolled 1d100+15 : 68 + 15, total 83




Extra
Rolled 1d100 : 40, total 40

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2020, 01:33:53 PM »
As Grobbitt moves toward the Dwarf something on the opposite wall catches his eye.  It appears to be a piece of red fabric sticking out of the blocks of the wall.  This is on the opposite side of the channel from where you are.

As Abdullah cleans his blade and the Hobbit moves closer the illumination improves and he notices some sort of wooden structure on the apron (walkway) of the sewer on the opposite side.  It is rectangular, flat and about 15 feet long and 7 feet wide.  It lays close to where the collapsed material spills onto the apron at that end of the sewer.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4082
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2020, 03:08:05 PM »
Grobbits efforts to aid the Dwarf make him smile at the kindness, but do little to staunch the flow of blood.  Jorgenson attempt to stop the flow.

Rolled 1d100+15 : 64 + 15, total 79


 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk