Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 5381 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2020, 03:14:40 PM »
** ah, okay. Got it.

Abdullah

Abdullah catches up quickly to Bug, peering around the corner to see the double doors.

“Now, these he could have had time to arm a trap.”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2020, 09:39:17 PM »
***I am glad, as I had runout of options to present the image and keep the fine size less than 200KB***

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1867
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2020, 01:58:44 PM »
Bug

sighs and steps forward to the doors looking for a trap.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2020, 02:07:26 AM »
The doors look like this, the inset is a close up of the handles.  There does not appear to be a lock and Bug believes that there is not a trap on the door either. It appears that a good tug on the big rings will swing the doors open.


Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2020, 02:18:40 AM »
Abdullah

Abdullah reaches forward and gives the door a good tug.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1867
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #485 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:51 AM »
Bug

tries to stop Abdullah:
"Wait! There are other handles, smaller handles ...below the big ones"

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #486 on: October 26, 2020, 02:09:12 AM »
Abdullah

Abdullah shrugs and continues to pull the larger rings.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #487 on: October 26, 2020, 02:22:38 AM »
As the doors swing open you see the room below:

To either side of the doors are two alcoves each occupied  by a skeleton, on the left the skeleton is dressed fancily and there is a dog at his feet; on the right is a skeleton in a robe playing a flute.

Directly in front of you are three rows of pews.  At the #9 is the Rat King on his knees chanting. 


Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #488 on: October 26, 2020, 02:25:06 AM »
On the dais in front of the Rat King is a giant rat bronze statue. 

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2020, 02:26:40 AM »
There are chains around each of the rat statues arms that are attached to the wrists of a girl with ref hair and a red dress.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2020, 02:32:39 AM »
For those who care to look left they see the skeleton that resembles this:

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #491 on: October 26, 2020, 02:34:57 AM »
Near his feet is a small black dog--I will post when I find the image but imagine a Schnauzer.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2020, 02:35:44 AM »
On the opposite side of the hall is the flute player that looks like this:

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2020, 02:38:56 AM »
As the party appears in the doors to the temple, the woman in red starts squealing/yelling "Help me, my father is rich!"

At her outburst, the Rat King looks back to see the party.  His chanting immediately takes on a different tone.

***please provide initiative rolls all--including Grobbitt.***

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1867
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2020, 03:20:45 PM »
Bug

Initiative 2d10+Qu-Bonus = 2d10+15
Rolled 2d10+15 : 10, 9 + 15, total 34

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9716
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #495 on: October 27, 2020, 07:27:45 AM »
Grobbitt

Rolled 2d10+10 : 6, 3 + 10, total 19

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2020, 01:42:14 AM »
Abdullah

Initiative:

Rolled 1d10+50 : 7 + 50, total 57

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2020, 02:02:35 AM »
** what is the scale on the map? How far is the rat king away from me?

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
***The map scale is each block = 5 feet so the Rat King is approximately 35 feet away. I will need to verify Abdullah's Base movement rate but I expect it to be in the range of 70 feet or so.***

*** Clarification MBR is 75 feet***
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 12:55:53 AM by Just X »

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4240
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #499 on: November 02, 2020, 02:06:46 AM »
Abdullah, moves around the pews to the right to get a clear strike at the rat king.  As he rounds the end of the pews the Rat King springs up and flings a dagger at Abdullah in a surprisingly quick and fluid motion. Despite the unexpected and sudden move, Abdullah's armor deflects most of the damage with the duelist taking only 2 points of damage.

Quinn leaps onto the pews and bounds from bench to bench stopping poised upon the pew closest to the Rat King.

Jorgenson moves to the left side of the pews and attempts to flank the Rat King as he turns to ace Abdullah.

Jeramiah holds his ground and switches his vision from side to side keeping an eye on the skeletons.

Abdullah strikes at the Rat King, but is off balance from dodging the dagger and only scores a minor hit, little more than a scratch.

Quinn whips the weird chain weapon from his waist and launches it at the Rat King, the chain whips out and strikes the rat king in the back with a powerful strike that forces him (the Rat King) to parry next round.

Jorgensen move closer to the Rat King so that he is positioned to strike from the rear.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk