Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 5431 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2019, 02:17:14 AM »
The Skandik stands up and moves to the party.  As he approaches the group he says, "I am Jorgenson, a fighter and member of the Mercenary Guild.  My employer has offered my services to your current venture.  My employer, the out-lander, is a healer of no small skill.  In addition to my services, he offers his skills, should any of you become injured.  In return he asks only that we each receive an equal share of any plunder gained on this mission."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »
Grobbitt

"Fair enough... Let's go.."

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »
Bug

 is surprised by Grobbitt's ease to accept this stranger*:
"And your master is?", Bug anticipates the name Zariya.

 Is the other guy, the Karakhan, also joining?

* Funny view because we are all strangers to each other ...

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2019, 02:10:56 PM »
Abdullah

** yes, that is more befitting if my character I’d say.

“The more the merrier I always say. Welcome... welcome... well met. Now, if we can skip the rest of the formalities, there is a damsel in need of rescuing.”

And, with that, Abdullah strides toward the kitchen, not really caring if the others follow.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2019, 08:41:58 PM »
Bug is caught between getting  an answer from the Skandik and getting run over by Abdullah who is hot on Grobbitt's heels.  The Skandik says, "My employer, as no man is my master, is the Karakan, Zariya Last of the Savindys.  He sits at the table byeond the kitchen.


Jeramiha and Quinn draw equal with Bug and Jogenson.  Jeramiha says, "A Karakhan you say?  He doesn't look like much of a warrior, and he uses a sling staff instead of a bow.  Are you sure he is Karakhan?  I mean he has the look but not the manner."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2019, 08:52:29 PM »
As an aside I will update the races thread, but for now.


Karakhans, are the Horse Lords of the far east kingdom of Karak.  The people have yellowish skin black or rarely red hair, are short (5'2") on average and of average build (120#) with green eyes.  Many are bowlegged, as it is said every citizen owns at least one horse and all ride every day.  The Karakhan kingdom is ruled my a high king to whom all pay homage.  They are the best mounted archers in all the world--even better than Tharbians, but to tell a Tharbian that is to invite a fight.  Pointed helms with leather neck guards are common among the warriors.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 10:56:46 PM »

** This Karakhan having the yellowish tanned skin of an outdoorsman/horseman, bowed legs, curly black hair and green eyes. He is slightly taller than the norm.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4494
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »

Zariya calls Jorgenson back to him for a moment and shows him 4 vials, "These 2 small ones, with green tops (1 dose Rewk), take if you are wounded. This one, with a blue top (1 does Reglen), take if you are sorely wounded. This one, with the red top (1 dose Pathur), take if you are at death's door and it will prevent you going to Valhalla until you can be healed."
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2019, 06:03:59 AM »
Grobbitt is the fist to reach the door/stairs that the troll has opened.  What does he do?


Abdullah is on deck for action.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2019, 08:48:36 AM »
Grobbitt

Lets Abdullah go first ;)

He'll head towards the Barrel/secret door area...
 

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2019, 10:44:01 PM »
Abdullah

Abdullah grabs a torch, lights it, and then heads through the door.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »
Abdullah heads to the far left corner, Grobbitt follows him down the stairs.  Then Quinn, Jeremiah, Bug and Jorgenson go down stairs followed by the troll.

The basement is just as you left it last.  Abdullah is at the large keg that hides the secret door.




edit forgot Bug
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:40:32 PM by Just X »

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:43 PM »
Bug

 looks over the shoulder of the Skandik or he tries to, so he bends his body to take look of Zariya.
Then he turns: "Let's us get the girl."

He follows the others into the basement and takes a torch -  they are free, but doesn't light it now.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
The torches are in a barrel beside the stairs down.  Once in the basement there are torches in sconces on the wall, near the base of the steps, or near the well, or near the corner with the small barrels, or over by the big keg. 


The troll frowns as Bug and Jorgenson grab more torches but says nothing.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
Bug

While grabbing a torch he addresses the new fighter:
"I'm Bug ... just Bug ... like the insect."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2019, 12:14:11 AM »
"Nice to meet you Bug.  You don't appear to be much of a fighter, er eh um that didn't sound good.  What I was trying to ask is what skills you have."  says Jorgenson as he descends the steps.


In the basement Abdullah is over by the large cask in the corner fiddling with the tap.  Grobbit stands nearby overseeing the efforts.  Jeremiah and Quinn stand by the benches as the troll follow Bu and Jorgenson down the stairs.


As the troll reaches the floor, Abdullah stands and pushes on the front of the cask.  The entire end swings up into the cask forming the tunnel to the Opening in the wall behind the cask.  Just a before there is a short tunnel leading to a worked stone wall.


**Who is on point and then the rest of the marching order.  You can feel free assign positions to Jeremiah, Quinn and Jorgenson as you see fit.**

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
Grobbit

Lights his lantern. Enters the area, then checks out the "worked stone wall" for traps, locks, traps or other interesting devices involved in such exiting/entering areas, obvious or otherwise.

(Guess that makes him "point" ATM ;) )

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »
Bug

 "No, not a fighter.
I'm here for special task - if a door is locked - and for my looks."

Jorgenson and Bug are at the end of the group.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 04:14:57 PM »
** Abdullah will take place behind Grobbit.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2019, 05:39:56 AM »
Grobbitt finds the door much as the last time.  One side appears a bit more polished (or possibly greasy) on one side, slight pressure on that side pushes the door and as before a release of the pressure causes the door to swing closed of its own accord.  After listening for a moment, he pushes the door open and finds it opens onto a worked tunnel.  Well more than a tunnel, the sewer system.

The walls of the sewer are fitted/sealed stone and are 25-30 feet square, with a 10 foot wide and 10 foot deep square channel in the floor.  The rest of the floor is a ledge/walkway along the channel on both sides.  There are pipes that enter from various elevations along the wall dumping flow into the main channel. 

There is some diffuse light entering the sewers from the grates in the street above, during daylight hours.  This illuminates the sewers to dim at best, and that is only near the grates, however even that little amount of light allows Grobbitt to see about 50 feet without light.  The rest of the party is more or less blind without a light source.


**Unfortunately, I cannot post the Wave files I have for a sound track, but here is a description**


Dripping is frequent and there are even occasional “dumps” of water.  There is a constant flow of water in the main channel, making the sounds if flowing water, splashes, gurgles, and splashes.  These sounds are punctuated by drips and splats from pipes at various elevations.  Occasionally, these sounds are punctuated by an occasional flush of a greater volume of water.  These flushes add a gurgle, a sizzle, a gush and/or a flushing sound to the background.   Other than the sound of flowing water and dripping, the sewers are very quiet.  Any sound you make echoes down the sewer.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 05:42:04 AM by Just X »

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk