Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 3234 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2020, 12:56:57 AM »
Grobbitt sits on the floor and takes his time casting his spell.  He chants to himself as he cast the spell over 3 rounds.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2020, 02:34:52 AM »
Someone might want to check on Grobbitt, he might have fallen asleep.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9650
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2020, 05:52:17 AM »
Grobbitt

"zzzzzz....mutter, mutter...which...way...to ....go... mutter...zzzzz"

Wakes up.

"Hmmm... down the corridor I suspect..."

==============
OOC: I had made a reply. I suspect it got lost in the ether... 

 

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 927
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2020, 05:10:58 PM »
Abdullah

While Grobbit is snoozing, Abdullah will fall to the floor and take a quick look see down the small hole.

Perception:

Rolled 1d100+15 : 47 + 15, total 62

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2020, 01:52:34 AM »
Abdullah prostrates himself on the floor and looks into the hole in the wall.  As he peers into the opening he can see this is one end of a tunnel.  The tunnel extends 60 feet west in a straight line, maintaining the 1 foot diameter the entire length.  It appears to open in to another room, but it is hard too see given the dim light at the opposite end of the tunnel and it's small diameter.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 927
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2020, 02:18:20 AM »
** didn’t you give us a map? I can’t find it.

Abdullah relates what he sees. Gets up, brushes himself off, turns to Grobbit and asks, “well? Which direction should we take?”

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2020, 02:45:06 AM »
The rest of the party moves toward the corridor.  Looking down the corridor, about 25 feet further on, it opens into another room with a flooded floor. The corridor enter the room on the northeast corner.  There is a narrow (2 foot) walkway around the edge, at least as far as you can see.  There is also a bit of wood sticking into the corridor from the north wall at the floor.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1812
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
Bug

follows the lead.
He scans the floor for the possible path the rats might have taken.

(If the floor is flooded, is it possible for rats to enter the walkway?)

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
As the party moves down the corridor more of the room comes into view.  Please provide perception rolls.  The floor here appears to be more of a pool like the last room than just water puddled upon the floor.  The walk way is narrow only about 2 feet wide.  The wooden walkway is slightly wider.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9650
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »
Grobbitt

Being a little closer to the floor than the rest, he pays particular attention to the bit of wood... thinking it possibly a trap.

=============

Perception check: +23

Rolled 1d100+23 : 25 + 23, total 48

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1812
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Bug

Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 43 + 20, total 63

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #271 on: May 31, 2020, 12:45:16 AM »
Bug notices that the rat tracks do not follow the walkway, but cross the wooden bridge to the other door.

Abdullah notices that the flooded area is not just a puddle but more of a pool.

Grobbitt notices that although the bridge appears a sturdy shortcut, in reality the wood appears dry rotted and would likely collapse under the weight of anyone (other than rate size or smaller) trying to cross.

Jeremiah looks about and announces, "Look an new room."

Quinn stumbles a bit and does a drunken pirouette at the edge of the pool and seriously warns, " Carefullll, there sooome wadder there." as he points out the pool.

Jorgenson studies the ground and points out that there are some boot prints that follow the stone pathway around the pool.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 927
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2020, 01:35:03 AM »
** does it look like the same kind of water in both rooms? Is there any connection between the two pools?

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #273 on: June 01, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »
The water in the two pools looks similar.  Both are too murky to see the bottom or even very far down the sides.  As to in interconnection, short of chemical analysis, geophysics, or magic, I am not sure how you would assess an interconnection?




Edit, grammar
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:28:37 PM by Just X »

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1812
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2020, 12:52:12 PM »
Bug

"The rats crossed the bridge to that door ....
The bridge doesn't look sturdy."

Is there a dry way to get to the door?

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 927
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »
** How long is the wooden bridge?

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2020, 01:01:19 AM »
The wooden bridge is 15 feet long.  The other option is a 2 foot wide, flagstone floor that runs around the pool, starting at the entrance where you stand, running south 20 feet, then turning west for 30 feet, before turning north of 20 feet and finally turning east for 15 feet to the door at the end of the wooden bridge.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3923
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2020, 01:53:35 AM »
Here is an image of the path around the pool.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1812
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:41 PM »
Bug

scans the first flagstone, turns to the bridge and mutters to himself: "There is a bridge why should his way be trapped?"

He looks to the door: "If this is locked, I should be the first one there."

Bug follows the flagstone floor *
Nonetheless he scans his path especially the place where he spotted a shadow on the flagstones **
(if you look at the path.doc in the middle of the "down side"; maybe just a picture artefact ...).

At the corner he would wait for the others.

___
*  if needed: Agility +10
Rolled 1d100+10 : 58 + 10, total 68
** if needed: Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 98 + 20, total 118

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1812
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2020, 12:09:30 PM »
Bug

Perception OE

Perception rolled 98: Total = Perception +98+20
Rolled 1d100+118 : 92 + 118, total 210

__

occ: This breaks the Perception Curse ... or it becomes worse to compensate for this roll.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk