Author Topic: Into the Sewers  (Read 5428 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Into the Sewers
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:00:12 AM »
The next day begins.  Quinn comes down to the common room in search of breakfast.  He wants to be prepared when the rest of the party arrives.  He saves a the more stable bits of his breakfast (cheese, bread, an apple), placing them in his sack.  Then he orders a beer and waits for the rest of the party to arrive.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
Abdullah

Abdullah arrives early, but you are unsure if he actually got any sleep, or if he just spent the evening drinking. He is in the same vestments he was wearing yesterday, and they smell of Dwarven Ale.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »
Bug
 enters the inn and joins Quinn:
"Nice day for going underground."
 
He looks the same like yesterday, but carries a small bag with some torches nd a small water skin.
 
 

edit: Added the water skin.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 12:50:59 PM by Dax »

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
Quinn Looks surprised when he sees you and slurs, "What about the gift?" then nods toward Molmat behind the bar.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
Bug

 looks surprised himself:
"When did you ask me to bring him a gi... ... You mean one of the kegs.
Sorry, I mised that."
He does a head count:
"I could go get it!?"

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
Quinn says, "I think it would go a long way to improving relations."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 09:18:26 AM »
Grobbitt

Turns up, looking fresh, well-fed and prepared for an excursion into the depths. He's got a full-backpack and rope coiled around and over his shoulder.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »
Abdullah

Abdullah’s face brightens when he sees Grobbitt.

“Ahhh... just the half man I wanted to see. I wish to thank you for covering my shortcomings yesterday, and wish to reimburse you for your trouble.”

With a flourish, the dapper takes out his purse and counts out two and a half Silvers.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1135
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
He will repeat said actions when Jeremiah arrives.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
Bug

"I'll be back."
He leaves in a hurry.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 02:12:14 AM »
It is past 10:00 but not yet 10:30 when Jeremiah strolls into the White Wake followed by a panting Bug, who has a keg on his shoulder.  The rest of the group has gathered at a table big enough for 8 in a relatively empty taproom.  Grobbitt has positioned himself as far as possible from Abdullah, and Quinn is between them rambling out some story in a drunken slur, that no one, maybe not even him, is paying attention to.  Jeremiah positions himself opposite Quinn and closer to Grobbitt. 
 

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 03:48:06 PM »
Bug

Addresses Quinn:
"Here is your keg."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 12:35:22 AM »
Quinn smiles and says, "Thank you" with uncharacteristic clarity and continues, "Given yesterday's um, erha....issues, I think it might be best if we present this gift as a group to Molmat."

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
Bug

 pauses and monitors Grobbitt's reaction to Quinn's proposal.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 10:59:36 AM »
Jeremiah says, "I am game.  How about you Master Hobbit?"


As every one looks expectantly toward Grobbitt, Vestose (the human bouncer) approaches the table.  He says, "I am surprised that you have returned here.  I was asked to deliver this message."  With that, he tosses a note on the table.  Which reads:

Good day,

I am Zariya, last of the Savindys, and am interested in supporting your attempts to find the missing child. If you are in need of healing or medical attention, find me at midday here at this tavern.

Best of luck.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
Grobbit

Shrugs non-noncommittally. He made his opinion quite clear, or so he thought, yesterday. He thinks the owner is a pompous idiot (at best) and a duplicitous criminal (at worst), either way he doubts the owner would appreciate it.  Besides, "it may already be his" (depending upon  whether the cartload of Ale/Beer had been prepaid for or not)...in which case it  being identified as such when presented to him may result in further "issues". Especially if there had been any witnesses to the event.

He leans over to and whispers such to Jeremiah. "As such I never considered it "ours" to give in the first place. Remember this idiot likes to associate crimes to all those at hand, including those not actually associated to an event.  I don't want to be accused of having stolen it.... or even receiving proceeds from having already been sold by another".

At which points his eyes flit momentarily in Abdullah's direction.

He then looks at the note and back to Jerimiah. "so do you think this is an offer to return here to get healed here AT the tavern or said person accompany us from midday..?" 

 




Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 12:00:20 AM »
Jeremiah looks at the note again then says, "First, I assume, based upon the bold handwriting, that this "ZARIYA" is male; although, the name sounds more feminine to me.  I read the noted to say, he will provide medical attention and healing, if needed.  It seems that he is proposing that we meet him here at mid-day--but I find that odd.  Would anyone want wounded people being treated in their tavern?  Also if I am bleeding, I would not want to have to wait around for someone to show up to heal me. 


"Which brings up another good point, what do we have in the way of supplies for today's adventure?  I have brought a lantern and extra oil, a small sac with 50 caltrops-just in case, a hammer and some staying wedges, and 50 feet of rope.


"As to ownership of the keg, it would be hard to prove how we came by it, but feel free to stay behind when we present it, if you prefer."

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4244
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 01:07:45 AM »
After a few moments of thought, the aristocrat leans over to Grobbitt and says, "Within the City I can assure you that all transactions are COD--coin on delivery--very few trust others enough to deliver in advance of payment or to pay in advance of delivery.  Given the fact that the porters were inside the building when the "accident" occurred, they had not yet been paid for he beer still in the wagon, thus the ownership was clearly not joint to the Inn as of yet."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9717
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 06:42:37 AM »
Grobbit

Whispering, to Jeremiah... "That is what I would expect... though perhaps you'll understand my reticence in this matter. If the items found would be returned to their owners for a reward.. that I could understand, but to give them in such a manner, to another, as a gift..? No, I still think not. I will make myself absent at the presentation... if you wish to be party to that transaction, well, that is for you to decide. My feelings are that Abdulluh alone should make the presentation, for he is the guilty party in this fiasco."

Slightly louder, to the group. "as for the healer, well, fair enough, their services would no doubt be of use... However, time is still of the essence here... perhaps a quick exploration of the immediate area beyond the access-way and then return at mid-day.."

He hoists his obviously heavier backpack across his shoulders and heads off towards the cellar.

Offline Dax

  • Baron
  • **
  • Posts: 1869
Re: Into the Sewers
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
Bug

 still puzzles over the note:
"If this Zariya isn't the friend of you or anyone else here -
how does he know about our venture?
He ... she must be someone in contact with the inn,
so the treatment in the tavern - surely in the cellar - would be permitted."

 He shrugs and follows Grobbit.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk