Author Topic: NotJ - Chapter 2 - Interlude: the Yard  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Curruthers

• Goblin
  • Baronet
Re: NotJ - Chapter 2 - Interlude: the Yard
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2019, 01:59:47 AM »
"Shall we be returning home without the others then sir? Or pursuing some other line of enquiry? Is there some way we can discover the address of this Dr Sangster perhaps?"

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Dr. Kárpáti strokes his beard.

"I am not sure any of ze offices of records, or vatever place houses zuch things, vill be open on Sunday morning." muses the Alienist

"We return home, Carruthers. I vill consult my library before meeting the Professor at the British Museum. Und I vill be vanting any Sunday papers. It vould ve smart to know vat news of last night has come out."

He speaks to the tall Explorer

"Sir Reginald, you are welcome to join me, if you have nothing else to occupy your time. Ze cat zeems to haff some affection for you, his rescuer."
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Curruthers

• Goblin
  • Baronet
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2019, 04:29:27 AM »

"Very good sir."

Curruthers seeks out a paper seller and purchases a copy of todays rag, before hailing a suitable cab and directing the driver to the Karparti residence.

Offline Gymnosophist

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »
Having agreed to meet later that afternoon, the Gentlemen go their separate ways -- the Professor to his home in Marylebone, the Explorer to Knightsbridge, and the Doctor and his valet to Kensington. While Carruthers oversees the preparation of a light repast for his master, Dr. Kárpáti spends the time in his study, consulting the weighty tomes of his impressive library.

Then, at the hour of one o'clock, they reconvene on the steps of that hallowed institution known as the British Museum, repository of thousands of years of history from across the globe.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:23:11 AM by Gymnosophist »

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2019, 02:50:31 AM »
"Greetings Gentlemen. Zank you for returning zo promptly." says Dr. Kárpáti

"How are you feeling zis afternoon, Professor Braithwaite?"

Offline Curruthers

• Goblin
  • Baronet
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »
Outside the museum, unaccustomed to such highbrow surrounds and feeling somewhat out of his element, Curruthers waits discreetly in the background, on standby to assist as directed / required,  keeping a weather eye out for the malevolent, mustachioed mystery-man and/or his slight, sinewy sidekick.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:58:47 AM by Curruthers »

Offline Gymnosophist

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »
Professor Braithwaite clears his throat before replying to Dr. Kárpáti. His voice is quiet and subdued, not the vibrant, mellifluous tenor famous for holding undergraduates enthralled for hours on end. There are dark, tired rings around his eyes, and he stands with a slight stoop, supporting his weight on his cane.

"Thank you for your concern Doctor. I don't feel quite myself if I'm honest, but I dare say I'll be alright. Please do not trouble yourself on my account. Now, we have all gathered here on your suggestion. What course of investigation do you intend?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:58:00 AM by Gymnosophist »

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 10:12:22 AM »
"Well if you are feeling composed enough to continue, ze only real lead we can pursue at zis moment in time is ze name 'Abadan'. Whether zis is a place or thing, I cannot say, but perhaps the British museum's collection and it's expansive Egyptian collection may shed some light on zis. Professor, I believe you may be a member und could gain access."

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2019, 11:05:28 AM »
"The public have access to the general exhibits. Access beyond that, for example the reading room requires a pass which typically takes a few days to arrange and only then via an appropriate reference. As a member I will see if I can arrange immediate access to the reading room for you all."

The professor attempted to arrange immediate supervised access to the reading room for his companions as his assistants.

Offline Gymnosophist

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
As it happens, the assistant librarian on duty this afternoon is a former student of the Professor and is well known to him. Though it is strictly against the regulations, with a bit of cajoling, he succeeds in getting his friends admitted to that august chamber which houses the museum's vast collection of books and periodicals.

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2019, 01:48:42 AM »
The professor, having undertaken research here countless times, directed and co-ordinated the efforts of the other investigators. He also sought any help the assistant librarian was willing to provide.

At one point during the research it occurred to the professor that, if the soldiers plundered antiquities during their travels abroad they may have tried to sell some of it on the black market here in London. He mentioned this potential line of investigation to the others.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:21:52 PM by Gilothel »

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2019, 01:11:31 AM »
Dr. László Kárpáti will also search the library and Egyptian Museum exhibits for Entries for Abadan as well as any information or items found in or relating to any of the places mentioned by Norton or Summers during their time in country.

If there are any items like the bust in the Major's office, he will take particular note and investigate further. (ie any statues/ busts/ TABLETS, ENGRAVINGS, pictures looking the same and having the same creature depicted)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:48:25 AM by Usdrothek »

Offline Curruthers

• Goblin
  • Baronet
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2019, 01:56:22 AM »
Curruthers stands by,  as the intelligentsia pour over tomes and other arcane material. In between assisting the doc with taking down heavy volumes from upper shelves, he takes the opportunity to "people watch" (aka keep a lookout for anyone taking a interest in the party).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk