Author Topic: Abdullah's Journal  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Abdullah's Journal
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:42:44 PM »
You can use this for anything you want related to your character.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
Re: Abdullah's Journal
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:48:36 PM »
Would you allow Arcist from RCIV? Or Wizard from RCV?

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:50:04 PM »
So, a social Roll of 11.  What does that get me? Mother was a street worker and father was a beggar?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:47:10 PM »
As to the professions I will look to see as I think I just read over arcist the other day, but it was late.

When I get back to my books I will verify the social status, but and 11 is in the range of criminal to laborer.  I am guessing 2-3 background options and starting cash in the 1d100 bronze range.  The roll provides a general position in the social order, it is up to you to define the specifics.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »
Also take a look at Nightblade from RCI.

How does spell list acquisition work? Is it based on your stat? DPs will get you an "A" pick?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 02:18:11 AM »
Status roll of 11 = 3 background options and D100 Copper to start.

As to profession I an fine with the Nightblade or Wizard.  The Arcist is only questionable because of the spell development system.  I typically use the 5%/DP for spell acquisition as presented in the rules. Would an archmage work for a substitute for the arcist?  I am concerned about the alternate spell acquisition system throwing off balance with other players and NPCs developed under the other system.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
Is there a limit to the number of list I can develop at one time?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 02:43:04 AM »
I have typically allowed one at a time.  But at the request of another player, I am allowing multiple spell list to be developed at once.  Also please think about how you will summon the mana used for your spells--see the discussion in the magic thread.  Ultimately, I would see this summon mana skill as the limiting factor on casting with spell learning being a minor component of the process.  But for now, I am using these options mainly for flavor.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 03:22:51 AM »
Check out p.26 of RCIV, it has rules for developing multiple lists at one time.

Old Man is the author on that one.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 01:37:10 PM »
How prevalent is magic? How easy will it be to learn new lists?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 03:56:24 PM »

Magic is fairly common.  I have to double check but I believe there is a Wizards Guild.  Andy given the flux of adventuresses moving through the city there are bound to be any number of magic users in the City at once.  Additionally, it is possible to research spell lists.

How easy it is to find spell lists may depend a bit on background.  If there is a teacher/mentor who you studied under in the City that is always a possibility.  The Guild or other mage hang outs would also be a likely place to try.  I have been known to include lists or at least notes on lists as part of the treasure.  Generally, the common spells will be fairly readily available, once you get to more obscure or base lists that might be a bit harder to find.  However, trading lists is always a possibility even for the more obscure, if you can find someone with the list.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 04:11:38 PM »
Can I be an Alchemist and create magic items for adventurers?

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 01:53:16 AM »
I am leaning towards either Nightblade, Montenanc, or a Warrior type with a pugilistic capabilities.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 01:55:53 AM »
That is an option.  But there is a prohibition on the sale of potions, well at least publicly.  Still definitely an option.  Would you see yourself banding with the party for collecting raw materials, cash to cover expenses, marketing your wares, or something else?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 02:02:50 AM »
Warrior type with pugilistic tendencies--a brawler, or more MMA style or an expert with Pugil sticks?  But I must say nothing beats a great con!  the world is your oyster!

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
I've slimmed down my choices to the following:

Pit Fighter (became good enough to buy my freedom, maybe popular enough to become a local celebrity)

Duelist (maybe good enough that a local noble would hire me)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 07:03:19 AM »
Either would work well, you could even combine them into a pit fighter who has evolved into a duelist/public assassin.

Offline I8flesh2

• Baronet
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 05:58:35 PM »
I'm going to go with a Duelist. I'll get you the character later this week. Do you run three columns for each stat, and choose one as Temp (where you can reposition) and one as Potential (which stays as you rolled it for the stat), and discard the third column?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
I run a temp column that can be positioned at will.  I allow as many sets of 10 rolls as you wish, but any unused rolls become NPC's in your future.  Then a potential column that stays linked to the temp number.  typically the stats are set and then potentials rolled, but I would allow some re-positioning after rolling the potentials if something changes significantly.

Once you get it set up with some skills  and provide a bit of background, I will 7 ranks in primary skills and 7 in secondary skills to reflect your background

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »
Here us a character sheet you can use if you like.  the primary stats are linked to the skills, secondary you will need to do for yourself or I can later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk