Author Topic: Bug's Journal  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Dax

• Baron
Re: Bug's Journal
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2021, 11:01:21 AM »
Bug recognizes two (2) things:

- The inn owner didn't expect for some of them (especially him) to survive;
so he knows that the sewer is a dangerous place - how?

- Quinn seems to be drunk again; why?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2021, 05:57:49 PM »
The great mysteries of Life!

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
Rather banalities.

Somehow or other some questions for Bug to look at ...

(Using the sewer to smuggle seems to be too very dangerous.)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2021, 11:02:25 PM »

- The inn owner didn't expect for some of them (especially him) to survive;
so he knows that the sewer is a dangerous place - how?

You know that the sewers were once the domain/highway of the City's Thieves Guild. You also have heard that the Overlord had tasked the Assassin's Guild (aka his secret police the Black Lotus) with eliminating the Thieves from the sewers several years ago. Only recently have you heard whispers that the Overlord was not happy with the progress of the Assassins and has employed a mercenary company of Amazons with their Saber-Tooth Tigers to get the job done. You can imagine that the proud Assassins are not please by this turn of events. Hanging out with people in low places, as you do, you have also heard that this has erupted into a 3-way war within the sewers. Generally, any company encountering another down there, can be expected to fight first and ask questions later. You also suspect that this is much to the Overlord's liking as it keep the Thieves in check and keeps the combat out of public sight and collateral damage to a minimum. 

You also guess that between the open warfare between the Beggar's Guild (which is much, much smaller than the Thieves Guild) and the Thieves Guild and the difficulties they are facing in the sewers that the Thieves are hard pressed at this time. However, given the Thieves' knowledge of the sewers--they are the foremost authority and the only ones who knows where all the passages and tunnels lead and intersect, as well as most if not all of the entrances/connections within the City are located--that they could defeat or at least evade the Amazons who have no knowledge of the sewers, much like they had the Assassins. Likewise, it seems improbable that the Thieves have not yet completely eliminated the Beggar's Guild, just based upon the sheer difference in man-power alone.

Your thieving mentor (he who taught you, not he who stole from you), seems to think that it is do to the mismanagement of the Guild by it's current Master Keflatela the Hound. Whether it is fighting on two fronts, mismanagement or something else, there is obviously something that is hampering the Thieves Guild from being much stronger than it should be.

You recall that you mentor, Alryan, told you in the past the Thieves Guild was more of a club, where you could share your exploits and comradery with those of a like mind. He said that today it is just a business, where the Guild collects much and gives little in return.  He credits this attitude for why so few senior members actually live at or even frequent the Guild Hall. He also credits Keflatela with abandoning the worship of Corrno their patron deity. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:28:48 AM by Just X »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2021, 01:06:20 AM »
the patron deity was Corrno and I have finally found the blessings, curses, etc. from that religion that you would have heard ;
learned from Alryan.

Proverbs:                        
A wise man does not flaunt his wealth, unless he seeks to loose it.                        
A thief can not be sought if he is not known.                        
While there may be no honor among the basest of men, a noble thief honors is word.                        
A noble man knows when to hold his tongue, and therefore need not honor words never spoken.                        
The surest way to make an enemy is to kill his brother.                        
He who is not seen, is not a target.                        
When it comes to killing strive to be quick, quiet, and quite (as in quite sure he is dead).  (the 3 Q's)                        
What wealth exists besides that created by the gods?                          
Who can truly claim wealth as their own, if it is the property of the gods?                        
The best armor and weapon lie within the skull.                        
An opened lock is never a good sign.                        
Carry a big stick but strike with a small knife.                        
The wise strive to see all that is and all that is likely.                        
Everyman has a price, the problem is that some don't know it.                        
While there may be many ways to steal they all require taking.                        
The difference between the rich and poor is that the rich have more; the difference between the rich                        
   and the wealthy is that the wealthy don't know just how much they have.                      

Prayers:                                           Suitable for:         
Corrno cloak me in your shadow.                       Needing to hide.         
By Corrno's toes, open.                               Stubborn locks.         
Corrno please see fit to lend me a bit.               Blessing on an attempted theft.         
Have I been struck by Corrno's sap?               Extreme tiredness or exhaustion.         
By Corrno's one good eye, let this shot fly true.         An important shot or throw.         
With Corrno's blessing.                               A good general purpose prayer.         
Corrno lend me your touch, and shield me in your robe.   Use when attempting to disarm a trap.         
By Corrno's footsteps guide me                       Seeking the correct course of action.         
Let me see what Corrno never fails to.               Attempting perception skills         
May I be as small as a flea, slippery as an eel,         Escaping pursuit.         
   and sly as fox.                     
Corrno, let me see all that is and is likely.            Planning a heist.         

Suitable Offerings:                        
Golden Goose                        
Gift Horse                        
Small coins                        
Dedication of a bold and daring theft.                        
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:29:11 AM by Just X »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2021, 01:45:25 AM »

- Quinn seems to be drunk again; why?

You have noticed that Quinn's drunkenness seems to come and go with surprising swiftness. As you think about it you also realize that he has not had anything to drink in several hours.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »
Thanks for the info and the proverbs and the prayers - will try to use them ;)

Regarding Quinn's drunkness I am thinking of a curse:
Maybe he offended a god(dess) of wine (or something like that (Dionysus/Baccus)) or
he offended a god(dess) while he was drunk.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2021, 03:31:53 AM »
Scarlet leans in a whispers, "Honey, remember I said we can't leave the inn until I am more presentable. I can't be seen looking like this in public. This City has a certain expectation of what Senator Middleton's daughter should look like. A girl who hasn't bathed in over a week, has unbrushed hair, and a torn dress is not the girl they expect or want to see. We need to wait until Jeremiah returns with whatever dress he can produce.  I will also need water to clean up with, or better yet a bath, and a comb and brush for my hair. A bit of make-up wouldn't hurt either." Then she purses her sweet lips and purrs, "I'm just saying."

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2021, 12:35:46 PM »
And I hoped she had forgotten her request for a room.

Does this inn provide the cleaning facilities she needs?

edit: Add the question above.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:39:41 PM by Dax »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2021, 01:09:19 AM »
She seems quite adamant about looking good before she leaves this inn.  You don't know what amenities the inn offers, other than a self-service kitchen window and the bar. You do recall that the bar tender was cleaning the mugs with a rag so dirty that you wondered if he was cleaning or dirtying the mug?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2021, 12:51:37 AM »
Bug notices nothing of particular interest.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2021, 01:39:07 AM »
Were you going to get the lady food, or should I just fast forward to the return of Jeremiah with a dress.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:32 PM »
No chivalry here,
I hoped someone else would do this.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2021, 04:24:14 PM »
Bug thought was to send the bouncer for the nuggets, but he is the bouncer ...

The whispering with Zariya: Bug cringes because Scarlett might get a negativ feeling ("They are talking about me").

We might fast forward with Scarlett eating something while Jeremiah returns.
If the inn owner wants to be paid for the nugget, I argue with him, but will finally give him my dagger as a pawn.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk