Author Topic: Jeremiah's Journal  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Jeremiah's Journal
« on: January 29, 2019, 01:16:17 AM »
Use this space for anything related to your character, notes or anything else you want.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
Re: Jeremiah's Journal
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:44:58 PM »
Just X, what's the score I'll have to roll to acquire the 2 spell lists, having taken the formal training in magic, or are they automatically granted?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 12:52:03 AM »
Learning the two lists was part of the formal training, the lists can be from any of your base lists or the three alternate Nightblade lists presented in RMC III.  If you choose an open list it must be Brilliance, Detections or Delving, at this point.  No roll is required to learn these, it is assumed that the training covered the teaching to a point where you had enough skill ranks.  This training was like school with 4-8 hours a day of instruction some "classroom" and some field.  The field was way more fun--basically field trips to observe and practice your skills.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 05:39:09 AM »
I have added 7 skill ranks of Primary and 7 skill ranks of secondary skills to reflect your background.    Also You will need a home location, which I will work on shortly.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 08:00:03 AM »
Thanks, Just X. I'm tempted to choose Sleuth's Senses and Phantom's Face. What will be your rules for casting spells higher than level 1? I've also decreased S&H by 1 skill rank and increased Body Development by 1.
I'll roll 2D8 for hit points,
Rolled 2d8 : 4, 8, total 12

Cheers,
DW
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:19:36 AM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 04:54:12 AM »
As to overcasting I have used the rules in 12.0 of Spell Law.  Possible but gets ugly if you go too fat.  Also I will required that the power points to drive the spell be available, somehow.  I will also let you know that through magical training you have learned that ritual magic can be used to cast well beyond the focus caster's (primary caster's) ability, but that there are many ways for such a spell to go awry.  Likewise, there is a subset of fixed mana casters that use ingredients to create spell like affects in the forms of food, drink, or other consumables (namely smokes).  These witches can not only make potions, but whole\meals that may induce the effects of multiple spells.  The recipes for such things are closely guarded secrets, but if followed produce the spell effects without actual "casting".

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 06:56:50 AM »
Ok, Just X, no armour, and I'll invest in Sleuth's Senses and Phantom's Face hoping that character advancement will come quickly.
Cheers,
DW
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:19:28 AM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 03:41:33 AM »
Please note changes to the potentials, I used the rolls to determine the actual potential--the potential can never be less than the temp. For example if the potential is 75 the temp needs to be <= 75, but could not be greater than 75. 

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 07:16:46 PM »
Ok, Just X, I must have made some mistake using the tables.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 07:58:26 PM »
no problem.  I appreciate that you pulled the character sheet together.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:59:13 AM »
Do you want to prep a background or should I begin?

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 08:37:34 PM »
I'll pull some sort of background together, Just X. He's maybe a private detective or a cop, whatever suits your campaign better. I was reading in the internet the following information, The module 'features a huge walled city that is ruled by the eponymous (lawful evil) Overlord'. Do you confirm this? What's his cult?

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 08:51:04 PM »
Yes that is accurate.  As to his cult, that is a bit of a misnomer, he has agreements/understanding with several factions within the City.  One of these is the assassins guild and they are part of a cult.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
Cool, dark fantasy in a sort of Sin city. My character would be a beginning private detective,  fresh from police academy, single father with a child to support. Alignment would be neutral good.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
I took another look at your character sheet and notice a few things:

I had intended to give you a background option in MA strikes not Sweeps so I fixed that.

I fixed the formatting so that everything is in whole numbers

By my reckoning, you still have 21 DP to spend

I would recommend at least 1 more rank of Body Development, if you have the points 2 would be better.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »
Just X, do you use Melee Scuffle, from the Arms Companion? If not, I'll develop M.A. Strikes.
Cheers,
Dw

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
I do use it and was glad to see that you had taken ranks in it.  The MA strikes was more a matter of bare hand fighting.  While you may never have had to deal with such a base course of action, you would have been taught the basics just in case.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 09:11:04 PM »
Just X, what are your rules for using Melee Scuffle. A MS Attack may be made with
a -20 melee attack? I guess I'll have to try it in the game to see if it's worthwhile.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 11:14:18 PM »
MS requires 20% of the round, so a MS attack before the regular OB attack would reduce the OB by 20%.  The rules allow for up to 4 MS attacks of no other action is taken that round.  I would allow an MS before and after (20% each) the normal OB attack with a -40% to the regular attack.  However, given the nature of the unbalancing crits, I would think the before attack would be the more beneficial.  However, if you won initiative against a superior opponent, the unbalancing prior to his attack may work for a defensive advantage.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 02:07:09 PM »
Just X, I've increased his hit points and put some ranks into Duping and some others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk