Author Topic: Episode 1.13: Vengeance, with Interest  (Read 18756 times)

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
Re: Episode 1.13: Vengeance, with Interest
« Reply #740 on: November 15, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »
Garav nods, and heads back the way he came. A few moments later, the pair hear the airlock closing.

Offline Renny

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #741 on: November 15, 2019, 10:52:54 PM »
OOC: As far as I remember, we were not carrying any such equipment so i'll go with that.

"Feel free to search me, sir", Cole offers openly,"I'm just here to support my friend, your daughter"

His eyes narrow as he turns his gaze to the Deltan.

"If your lapdog comes near me, or my friends, on the other hand, I won't be held responsible for my actions."

Offline Renny

« Reply #742 on: November 15, 2019, 10:53:23 PM »
OOC: Not too much, I hope.

Offline Nolmir

• GamesMasters
« Reply #743 on: November 16, 2019, 04:16:07 AM »
"The same goes for me, sir," Tobin says. "I can assure you that I have no such device on my person."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
« Reply #744 on: November 16, 2019, 05:11:57 AM »
Oh, what could possibly go wrong...?
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline Renny

« Reply #745 on: November 16, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »
(OOC: I really want to deck that smug Deltan  ;D )

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #746 on: November 17, 2019, 12:42:17 AM »
Oh, and I really want to see that show. I would like to see that a very great deal.

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #747 on: November 17, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
Treyva silently assessed the situation. "Well...this sucks," he said finally. It was something one of his Academy roommates had said often, usually as they were preparing for morning drill.

He looked around him, then paused as an idea struck him. "Our goal is to deny him use of this ship," he said. "We could just take it."

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #748 on: November 17, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »
Sorak raises an eyebrow, "It does have the advantage of both simplicity and surprise, sir."

After a moment's consideration, "I believe we might even be able to escape through the active shield as well, simply by matching the shield frequency and proceeding carefully accross the threshold."
"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #749 on: November 17, 2019, 08:07:20 PM »
The Surveillance Team
OOC: Of course, you gents are being truthful, since the sensor dot is on Katya’s jacket cuff.

Schrepfermann looks from Cole to Niro and back again, then nods to one of his other guards, a human female. She frisks Tobin first, taking a moment to inspect his civilian communicator before placing it back in its pocket and moving over to the security officer.

As she begins to search him, Cole seems to think he should recognize her, and thinks he sees a hint of recognition in her eyes, too. The woman finds the security officer’s communicator, too, examines it, and replaces it. She nods to her boss.

“You didn’t search the girl,” Niro growls.

The captain turns to him and shakes his head. “My daughter wouldn’t compromise me like that.”

Niro glares at Katya, who returns his gaze with a smug "you-can't-touch-me" grin. Tobin and Cole are almost surprised she didn’t stick her tongue out at the Deltan. Niro lets out a grunt of disgust and heads for the exit.

“I’m going to follow up on the reactors and the ship,” he growls along the way. “Someone’s gotta protect your interests.”

Schrepfermann sighs, and Katya asks, “Why is he even here, Papa?”

“Loyalty, my dear,” he answers. “He continues to remain loyal to the cause, and I cannot abandon him just because we disagree on some things.”

With a final glance at the exit, the captain suddenly brightens up and adds, “Let’s see how long supper will be.”

OOC: Anything you gents want to say or do?

The Sabotage Grand Theft Astro Team
“Wait; you want to steal the ship?” Garav says from the corridor. He pauses a moment, then adds, “I like it. But, we’ll have to hurry things up; I’m sure our hosts outside can override the airlock door.”

OOC: Preparing the ship for launch is pretty straightforward compared to Starfleet vessels, since yachts are designed for the less engineering-inclined crowd, but there's still an established procedure with programmed wait times. You'll have to skirt some of those times to get underway before the guards can gain access.

That said, we’ll go with a Timed Challenge. The tasks involved will be:

- Control + Engineering vs. Difficulty 2 (to quickly perform the engine startup sequence)
- Reason + Conn vs. Difficulty 2 (to quickly perform the bridge startup protocols in the correct order)
- Control + Conn vs. Difficulty 2 (to lift off)

You will only have 4 Intervals (you folks really don’t have a lot of time in this). Failure means you folks enter combat rounds while finishing launch prep.

Once you have the yacht airborne, we’ll move to a Linear Challenge.

- Reason + Science vs. Difficulty 1 (to determine the compound’s shield frequency), assisted by the yacht’s Sensors + Science
- Insight + Engineering vs. Difficulty 1 (to match the ship’s shield frequency to the compound’s), assisted by the yacht’s Weapons + Engineering

Current
Momentum 5
Threat 11

Spaceworthy Cover Advantage (Katarina, Cole, & Tobin for their backstory on why the boys are helping her)
Familiar Systems Advantage (operating or manipulating Schrep's Household Sensor Suite)
Showing Your Hand Complication (Niro knows something's going on, and any attempts to "play it cool" or deflect suspicion will only heighten it)
Intermix Muckup Complication (any attempt to restore full warp power on the yacht)

Offline Renny

« Reply #750 on: November 17, 2019, 10:35:48 PM »
(OOC: I suspect we should keep our mouths shut for now as I suspect things will get dicey for us soon enough. Can Cole make a test to see if he can remember why he recognises the female guard?)

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #751 on: November 18, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
Treyva nodded to the Andorian. To Sorak, he said, "Get this thing running; I'll preflight the cockpit."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #752 on: November 18, 2019, 01:14:23 AM »
Treyva's Reason (10) + Conn (3) Task, D2, TN13
Bridge Controls startup sequence
Willpower Focus possibly in play (gonna get this going if it kills me)
"Specialization Is for Insects" Value possibly in play (working outside comfort zone)

Spend 1 Momentum for extra die

[color=maroon
Rolled 3d20 : 14, 2, 2, total 18

And away we go....[/color]

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #753 on: November 18, 2019, 01:15:51 AM »
I'll take it.

Computers Focus could also be in play.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:17:46 AM by PGoodman13 »

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2019, 03:33:46 AM »
Sorak nodded and without a word began working through a crash start of the engine systems.

Sorak Control (10) + Engineering (5) = 25 total. Power Systems or Warp Engines focuses could help.

Spending 1 Momentum for another die.

Rolled 3d20 : 17, 10, 20, total 47

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #755 on: November 18, 2019, 03:36:10 AM »
Not cool, Dicebot. Not cool at all.

I'd like to spend another couple Momentum to counter the complication, if you guys don't mind...

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #756 on: November 18, 2019, 04:54:17 AM »
That'll leave us with 1, but all things considered at the moment, I can live with that. If either of those Focuses plays (and I'm really campaigning for Willpower for some reason), we can get 2 back. Whether with Momentum or Threat, I'm thinking we need to save some time, though, to buy us an Interval before our new friends arrive.

Offline Dougals

• Baron
« Reply #757 on: November 18, 2019, 05:25:35 AM »
Sorak pauses, quickly estimates the length of his arms versus the distance between the two consoles that must be triggered simultaneously, and lets out a sort breath. It's the closest he'll ever allow himself to get to a frustrated sigh. He calls out, "Mister Garav, I am in need of your assistance."

Seconds later, he is joined by the Andorian. Sorak nods in greeting, "We must initialize the impulse reaction chambers while simultaneously regulating the plasma flow to avoid a burnout." The Vulcan points to the consoles as he explains. "As you can see, this is a two-being task. Would you mind initializing the reaction chambers on my mark?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:21:29 AM by Dougals »

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #758 on: November 18, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »
Treyva slid into the pilot's chair and looked at the console. It dawned on him at that moment that he hadn't done a preflight on so much as a shuttlecraft in several years. "How hard can it be?" he muttered under his breath.

Computer systems interface...on. Check. No, not check. The interface panel wasn't lighting up. "So you went off your pattern for this, Dieter?" he said, his voice quiet but angry. "No, you're not going to beat me that easily." He examined the console again. All right, so not a standard Starfleet layout.

"Dieter, you don't fly this...Niro does," he said, realization dawning on him. "And Niro was a fighter pilot, not a shuttle jockey." Treyva made himself think like the Deltan. "You're not going to win without a fight. All right then...engine/throttle interface, on." The panel lit up, and Treyva smiled. "Attitude and navigational systems." Another green light. "Sensors." Check. "Now computer systems interface."  And check.

"Nice try, you two," he said, "but I told you that you weren't going to beat me." His hand lingered over the last panel, communications. After a brief hesitation, he activated the internal comms, but left the external system dark. Schrepfermann liked his remote control operations a little too much; only a few weeks ago, the renegade engineer had almost destroyed the Drake through a comm channel, and he hadn't even been there. Punching the intercom button, Treyva said, "Internal comms check. Sorak, I'm ready when you are."

Gonna leave the Momentum spend until we get all of the engine startup resolved, but I think shaving an Interval off this to get us airborne before they try to override that hatch is definitely in our best interests.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:47:54 PM by PGoodman13 »

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #759 on: November 19, 2019, 12:18:28 AM »
"I'm ready," Garav announces.

OOC: Adding 1 Threat to Create Oppportunity.
Garav Control (11) + Engineering (2) assist
Rolled 2d20 : 9, 15, total 24

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk