Author Topic: Episode 1.1 Prologue  (Read 12452 times)

Offline Renny

• Knight of the Round Table
Re: Episode 1.1 Prologue
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
Harry slips away from his subordinates while they are are busy at the bar and walks towards the short figure surrounded by a number of his new shipmates. Waiting for the Captain to finish talking to Commander Treyva, Harry quickly shakes Bong's hand.
"Lieutenant Harry Churchill, sir. Chief Helmsman. I just wanted to add my welcome as well."

Offline JALU3

• Knight of the Purple Sash
    • Radio
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »
"Lieutenant Harry Churchill, sir. Chief Helmsman. I just wanted to add my welcome as well."
"Welcome to you too.  Any relation to the Spencer-Churchills?", as he continued his way to the bar making small talk on the way.

Offline Renny

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
"On my mother's side, sir." Harry confirms, easily keeping pace with the smaller man, "Although they are very distant relatives."

Harry steps away as his new commanding officer nears the bar.

"I'll see you later, sir. Pleasure to meet you."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
    • CODA Star Trek RPG Support Site
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »
"Captain Bong, welcome to the party.  I'm Lieutenant Commander Treyva, your XO and chief science officer." He extended his right hand in greeting.
Bong shook his hand firmly, but briefly as there were way to many to count at this point, while still making his way to the bar. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Commander, we'll talk more later, but please get your round and your shots.  We're to toast," pausing a bit while shaking another outreached hand, "that is if I can make it to the bar."
Treyva turned and began heading for the bar, uttering the occasional, "Coming through," and generally acting as a wedge to help clear a path for the smaller man.  He nodded warmly to acknowledge Harry Churchill as the young man offered his own introduction to the captain.  He made a mental note to steal a few minutes with the young Andorian security chief as soon as the opportunity presented itself; this was no longer the right place or time.  Once the toasts were out of the way....

He stole another glance at the chronometer and sighed slightly, the sound of it lost in the general noise of the crowd.  Anari's story was going to be late tonight, and Asha would wonder, as she usually did, what kept him.

"Actually, sir, this is my round, and most likely my shots as well."  He stopped as they reached the bar and turned to face the captain.  "Alcohol, while not unheard of, is not terribly popular on my world.  I've never actually developed much of a taste for it."
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Offline JALU3

• Radio
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »
"I'll see you later, sir. Pleasure to meet you."
"Same, Lieutenant.", as they began to separate, and more hands reached out, with an almost confusing amount of things being said to him.

"Actually, sir, this is my round, and most likely my shots as well."  He stopped as they reached the bar and turned to face the captain.  "Alcohol, while not unheard of, is not terribly popular on my world.  I've never actually developed much of a taste for it."
"No worries Treyva, I've got this one.  But thanks for being so considerate.  I am the one who called for this after all.", he said with a smile on his face.

Finally reaching the bar, the bartenders were hurried taking orders due to his announcement, Mikuru placing an order for a Red Headed Schoolgirl.  Another bartender was busy preparing dozens of shots of Rum on the bar.  Climbing onto an empty barstool, he looked over the crowd, finishing the last hands reached out to him, except for one.  Off in a corner was a lone young officer, with a mug and what appeared to be a pot of coffee.  He made a note of him, to see if he can pick up his spirits.
Making sure that everyone who wanted had gotten a drink, and the bartender had at least placed out enough shots for the first round, he began.
"EVERYONE! A TOAST", he bellowed cheerfully.

OOC:I will wait some time before my next posting to give time for people to interact while getting their shots.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:50:35 PM by JALU3 »

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
OOC: Once the toast has been made, I think we can wrap up the prologue and move on to the next scene. So, lets keep with only one or two more posts each and we'll get going.

Offline Nolmir

• GamesMasters
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
Garav finally made it to the bar for his shots, being careful not to offend others by getting in their way, so it took a while. Upon getting his beverage, he stood off to one side of the room, alternating his gaze between those around him and his drink, awaiting the toast.

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
The other officers retrieve their shots and gather in a wide semi-circle around the bar, waiting for the captain to start.

"EVERYONE! A TOAST", he bellowed cheerfully.

"Hear, hear!" the officers responded in unison.

Offline Renny

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 10:31:36 PM »
Churchill deftly swipes a purple beverage with which he's singly unfamiliar from the bar. Weaving expertly around two Ensigns barring his way, he stands back from the throng and raises his glass in expectation. He nods at Garav, similarly standing back from the press.

Offline JALU3

• Radio
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 11:42:05 PM »
Raising up the first of three shots, the Captain lead the group of assembled officers from his future command.
"To the past.  Let us remember those who have come before us, who have died in defense of their homes, who have died in the never ending search to expand the boundaries knowledge, to those who have served in the quiet peaceful solitudes in between, all of woes contributions have allowed us to be here today."
The crowd said its response, and each of those gathered took their first shot.

The Captain waited a while to allow everyone to get their next shot at the bar, making sure that everyone had gotten theirs, including the quiet ensign who was in the corner.  Raising up the second of three he began again,
"To the present.  To the Federation, to the Commander in Chief, to Starfleet, to all our comrades who can't be here, and to our families."
The crowd said its response, and each of those gathered took their second shot.

The shots hadn't hit his system yet, but he knew that wouldn't last to long, especially giving his relatively small body.
Again, the room cycled their way to the bar, getting their final prepared shot.
"To the future.  May it grant us opportunity, prosperity, and better tomorrows; may it bring us back to our loved ones whole, safe, and sound from the endless reaches of space; finally may it grant us fair winds and following seas."
The crowd said its response, and all the shots were emptied.

Feeling the weight of the first shot hit his system, he began the last part of the announcements he had prepared in his head.
"Thank you all for being here.  Before I get down a few announcements."
"I am sure that we have fine crew, and that this will be a productive deployment.  However, all deployments are always followed by apprehension, I understand that."
"Therefore, spread the word to your departments and divisions, all crew, except for department heads and command staff, are hereby granted sixteen hour liberty after their next watch.  Those woes final watch is the last port watch before departure shall begin their liberty immediately after they are notified.  I expect all crews to be ready to sail afterwards.  Again, thank you."

The third shot hit him as soon as he finished the last part; his vision became a bit hazy and the sounds around him were amplified in his head.  Trying not to be publicly noticeably inebriated, he lowered himself carefully onto the floor from the stool he had been standing on, and made his way back to the Commander, and his daughter, who had moved her way behind him during the toasts.
"Commander, assemble the Command Staff, we have a deployment to prepare for."

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 11:48:52 PM »
Finishing off his water, Treyva asks, "When and where, sir? They'll be there."

Offline JALU3

• Radio
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

"On the Bridge, in two hours.  Lets give them time to enjoy the lounge.  Also, get a hold of Starfleet Personnel and find out the whereabouts of one Chief John Rescorla.  Now Commander, if you don't mind, I have a daughter to entertain.", looking at his daughter, "Would you like to join us Commander in some chow?"

Offline PGoodman13

• Viscount
  • Tilting at Windmills
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2009, 02:08:37 AM »

"On the Bridge, in two hours.  Lets give them time to enjoy the lounge.  Also, get a hold of Starfleet Personnel and find out the whereabouts of one Chief John Rescorla.  Now Commander, if you don't mind, I have a daughter to entertain.", looking at his daughter, "Would you like to join us Commander in some chow?"
Treyva smiled.  "Funny you should mention entertaining a daughter, sir.  I have a bedtime story to read to my youngest.  I'll see you on the bridge in two hours, Captain.  Another time, perhaps."  Turning to face the captain's daughter, he said, "Good evening, Ensign."  With that, he walked away from the captain and began winding his way through the crowd, finding the department heads and informing them of their appointment.  Then, that mission completed, he made his way out of the lounge and caught the first tram back to the Drake.  En route, he contacted the comm officer on duty and had her contact Starfleet Personnel to find the captain's missing chief petty officer.

Once on board, and safe in the privacy of his quarters, he initiated the call to Denobula, only half an hour late after all.

OOC: Okay, unless something drastic happens, I think I'm done for the prologue.  Let's get things rolling.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:32:05 AM by PGoodman13 »

Offline Renny

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 02:05:27 PM »
Harry picks up his jacket and makes for the door as the echoes of the toast die down around the room. He wanted to be sure that he was ready for the deployment and headed straight for the gangway hatch to the Drake. He had a few last items to stow in his quarters and then resolved to make straight for the bridge in readiness.

"Oh, and coffee..." he thought to himself.

OOC: Okay, i'm also finished for the prologue. Most enjoyable.

Offline Nolmir

• GamesMasters
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
Upon receiving his instructions, Garav leaves the party, somewhat gladly it would appear, and retrieves his personal effects which he has yet to stow in his quarters. In fact, he has yet to see his quarters. Good thing he has two hours...

OOC: I'm also good to go. Garav will be stowing his stuff, but that's rather uneventful. Let's get to the good stuff!  :yes:

Offline Dafydd Jones

• Earl
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »
OOC: Good job, guys. I'll get the next thread set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk