Author Topic: Storytime (Main RP Thread)  (Read 21326 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3495
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1040 on: July 24, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
Yarlaganda

pretends not to hear the jibe about letting the priest escape, but he feels the flush creep up his neck all the same. I will have another chance, he tells himself.

He lingers with the group as they make their way out if Bisrum, listening with avarice to Nur-ili's tales. But when they clear the village, he'll remember his duty and range ahead, though staying in sight of the group.

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3951
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1041 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »
Klumenos

The Minoan will ride in the cart with the unconscious assassin, his bow at the ready.  He will hitch his donkey to the cart to follow along.  His shield will be at hand, and his Kopis at his hip.  He will alternate between keeping an eye on the assassin and scanning the horizon and surrounding lands for any sign of movement.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1209
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1042 on: July 27, 2020, 04:04:56 AM »

(River not to scale, but each hex is about 1 mile across).

Nur-ili is downright chipper.  But after about a mile he bounds up to Murdus.  "Hey old man, mind if I ride in the cart for a bit?  Overland travel on foot isn't really something they train awīlum (the upper-class of "free men") for in Ešnunna."

After about two hours of travel, Yarlaganda sights something on the northern horizon.  There seems to be a large group of mounted men headed south along the river.  They appear to be on the opposite (eastern) bank of the river, where the ground is harder and more uneven.  The area around you on the western bank is flat and open, though there are some sparse reeds and low-growing plants along the bank.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9661
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1043 on: July 27, 2020, 06:19:04 AM »
Murdus

Looks at the Astrologer in a manner that wouldn't exactly engender confidence in a positive response. "Whilst I appreciate your request, in that you've not presumed that just because I am not riding in MY cart, that you think you can...but it's not really up to me.. perhaps you better ask the Donkey, he's the one that's bearing all the weight."

He hands the reins to  Klumenos "Here take this, you guide it..... I have work to do.." Murdus has the confidence in the Donkey's abilities to take it's time.

Turns to the Astronomer... "There doesn't appear to be room anyway, it's only a small cart...and it appears you are doing well so far... I'd consider this the training you so desperately need..." He adds with a wink.

He will be keeping an eye out for useful herbs'n'stuff as they progress...wandering and meandering to the edges of the path they are following, however he keeps pace and does not wander far.

Seeing the horsemen he'll crouch into cover as if he'd found something.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3495
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1044 on: July 28, 2020, 01:32:55 AM »
Yarlaganda

will casually circle back around to the rest of his party, and try to stay out of sight of the strangers if the terrain permits. He keeps an eye on them though... do they seem interested in us?

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6634
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1045 on: July 28, 2020, 09:47:49 AM »
Lahwi-addu

Tha Amorite takes a count of them and notices whether the the river is crosseable by infantrymen.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:50:19 AM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Just X

  • War Lord
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3951
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1046 on: July 31, 2020, 01:09:04 AM »
Klumenos


The Minoan hops out of the cart, abandoning his ward, the assassin, to take up a position with Murdus's donkey between himself and the riders on the opposite shore as he leads the cart forward.

Offline Enheduanna

  • Moderator
  • Baronet
  • *
  • Posts: 1209
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1047 on: August 01, 2020, 03:11:46 AM »
When the merchant suggests asking the donkey, Nur-ili looks at him like he’s crazy.  The he sighs, and gives up.  He rolls his eyes when Murdus winks at him.

The party sights eight men on donkeys.  They’re riding at a modest pace.  Seven of them are carrying spears or javelins — you can see the bronze tips jutting above them, and glinting in the sun.  The seven wear loose-fitting robes, and some of them have turbans.  The eighth man, who rides in front of them, is dressed differently, in a bronze breastplate.  He also wears a turban.  (A Babylonian Region Lore roll at Easy Difficulty (+20) might help you to learn more about them.)



Lawhi is certain that the river would be difficult for the men to cross, unless they were good swimmers.  The river is relatively wide here, a little less than an ašlum (OB. “Cord”, 60 meters or 196.85 feet) — much wider than a man could throw a javelin.

The men seem to have noticed the cart.  One of them points towards you.  When they draw even with you, they stop their donkeys at the river bank and seem to be scrutinizing the donkey and cart.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3495
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1048 on: August 01, 2020, 05:40:05 AM »
Yarlaganda

decides that a show of strength is warranted here. To run, or hide, might invite unwanted curiosity. He rides to the river’s edge, across from the group, and raises his spear in salute.

“Well met,” he calls in the common tongue. He’ll survey them, and the river, for any surprises.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9661
Re: Storytime (Main RP Thread)
« Reply #1049 on: August 01, 2020, 08:44:07 AM »
Murdus

Sensing perhaps that the game is up, and they will be noticed... He bravely peeks through the brush, undergrowth, or reeds (whatever) by the river bank and tries to assess things a little better. Apart from a brief glance at the Donkey cavalry he appears to forget any threat that they might pose.... and continues his foraging efforts... one of them being, the possible presence of crocodiles in or by the river..... as he does so he'll mutter to the plants that it'd be nice to know beforehand whether any are hiding in there...

============

Lore General (Region Lore: (Babylon) = +60
Fauna Lore (Crocodiles?) = +62
Flora Lore = +74
Foraging (Distracted, Idly and quickly keeping an eye out random useful stuff..food, herbs etc) = +171 (less modifiers..)

Rolled 1d100 : 56, total 56
Rolled 1d100 : 38, total 38
Rolled 1d100 : 46, total 46
Rolled 1d100 : 23, total 23

   

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk