Author Topic: Plague of the Raging King: Adventuring in Fantastic Mesopotamia (RMFRP)  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Aha! All is right with the world

3rd level
AG 96 (96) CO 44 (69) EM 44 (64 ) IN 93 (96) ME 97 (97) PR 63 (68) QU 46 (68) RE 96 (100) SD 91 (91) ST 62 (76 )

AG: (Maxed) Low, no change
CO: Sum = +15
EM: high = +3
IN: low = +2
ME: (Maxed) low, no change
PR: low =+8 (Maxed)
QU: Sum = +4
RE: low =+9! (Maxed).... sobered up. ;)
SD: (Maxed) low, no change
ST: high = +4

AG 96 (96) CO 59 (69) EM 47 (64 ) IN 95 (96) ME 97 (97) PR 68 (68) QU 50 (68) RE 100 (100) SD 91 (91) ST 66 (76 )

89 DP at 4th...

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
OK.... So a Nameless Common Man (Rural) 4th level Animist.

AG 96 (96) CO 59 (69) EM 47 (64 ) IN 95 (96) ME 97 (97) PR 68 (68) QU 50 (68) RE 100 (100) SD 91 (91) ST 66 (76 )

DP: 78/82/85/89.

Training Packages: What I normally ask my players do next is expend the majority of this DP purchasing Training Packages. (Minimum one per level Up to a maximum of 6 at the end of the process).  This allows for a good backstory, and "covers the bases" with regard to the "basic" skills. I overrule duplication, unless the backstory is really convincing...

Talent Points: I allow an amount = 100 x Background Points. So for a Common Man that's 600. Once per level I allow the cost (but not the time) of purchasing a TP by 50% for 10TP.

I'll start all that tomorrow ;) 

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Here's a draft of the character creation document as it stands now.  I'll probably modify this a little over the next few days.

Edit:  Looks like the adolescent master table got cut off in this version.  I’ll rework it this evening and repost.\

Edit 2:  Corrected and reposted.

Grinnen Baeritt, I missed your last post on Training Packages.  I've never used them this way, in fact, I actually rarely use them for non-spell casters.  It's a fascinating idea, but I've always liked the freedom to develop ranks in a lot of functionally useless cultural skills, e.g., if a character spent an adventure among a group of foreigners, develop several ranks in their languages and culture-relevant skills.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:27:06 PM by Enheduanna »

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Having read the background info... I'll have him as being a Maganite (and change to Pastoral, rather than rural)...

Also my Talent Points were 60.. not 600! ;)... and gain up to 30 extra for taking flaws.

(60) Talents: Herbalist (13), Outdoorsman (15), Quick Calculator (3), Minor Stat Bonuses +3 SD, ME & EM (30), Instinctive Defence (15) = 76

(-16) Flaws: Absent Minded (-10) Glutton (-3) Minor Delusion (-3)

With that in mind, I'll spend DP on talents as such:

1: (78). Crusading Academic 29, Wanderer 26 = 55 spent = 23 Unspent
2: (82). Merchant 20, Traveller 13 = 33 spent = 49 Unspent
3: (85). Herbalist 20, Inventor 28 (From Castles & Ruins) = 48 spent = 37 Unspent
4: (89). Architect 25, Siege Engineer 29 (Both from Castles & Ruins) = 35 Unspent.

*edit to add Siege Engineer*... expensive, but I'm liking the idea... all will be explained ;)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:53:48 PM by Grinnen Baeritt »

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
:yes:  Awesome!  He looks great!

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Enheduanna, this setting looks great!

Would you consider a player with no RMFRP experience? I'd be willing to pick up the pdfs and learn as I go... but if you'd prefer only experienced players I understand.  :mellow:

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Barrow, thanks for asking.  New players welcome!

I’m going to work on getting things set up this weekend, and I’ll figure out a way to get you the rules sets, etc.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
:) welcome aboard Barrow!

Just a little bit more info... just working through things starting with the Hobby Ranks then the training packages (Done the first two.. only the skills) But I have worked out the combined (modified by SD) time cost of them all ... My character will be about 45! (I' m guessing this is fairly ancient ;)

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Life expectancy is a strange thing. Life expectancy after birth for a child born during the Bronze Age was about 26, but this number is deceptively low when we’re looking at populations who survived adolescence.  Childhood diseases would kill many children who would never have the opportunity to spend hobby ranks or take training packages.

Wikipedia actually explains this better than I could:
For example, in a hypothetical stationary population in which half the population dies before the age of five but everybody else dies at exactly 70 years old, LEB will be about 36, but about 25% of the population will be between the ages of 50 and 70.

Correcting for this in an advanced (for the Bronze Age) environment, I still suspect that at 45, your guy is probably lonely at his high school reunion.  But hey, he’s a character in a Rolemaster campaign, so.. ;)

Edit: The character creation resource document continues to evolve.  I haven’t changed any of the actual mechanics, and if I do, I’ll make sure to make note.

Edit 2:  It's probably as close to final as it gets.  No modifications to actual mechanics from the second draft, but it should be slightly prettier.  Don't feel compelled to read or memorize all of this, but its there for anyone who's interested.

Edit 3:  Added the throwing stick and some minor notes in the "Equipment" section.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:26:53 PM by Enheduanna »

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
Thanks guys. Looking forward to it!

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Progress Update: All TP's skill chosen. previously unused DP spent.... up to 4th level.

Highlights: due to Talents some non-combat skills are *little* surprising. (at least they might seem it, Herbalist and Outdoorsman provide quite a few large bonuses to fairly *harmless* skills...)

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Gentlemen, we have a board.

Let's move character generation discussion over there.  I'm hoping that we can complete character creation over the next few days, and look forward to starting around June 1st.  (Ambitious, I know...)

Offline Kantron

• Knight Errant
Hello, is this still open for new players?

I'm still new to PbP gaming, so I'm not quite sure how this works.

Anyhow, I'm interested in playing here.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Hello, is this still open for new players?
Absolutely.  Head on over to the Character Generation thread on this board.  Did you have an idea for a character, or do you want to use a pregen?  There are still two available (a magician and a rogue).  We already have an Animist (GB), a Paladin (DW) and a Ranger (Barrow).

Offline Quixotic

• Messenger
Is there still room to join this campaign?  I would love to play Role master again.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Sure, we can fit another.  Do you have a preference for character class?  Do you want a pregen, or take a swing at it yourself?  The character resources are here and over in the main character gen thread.

Offline Quixotic

• Messenger
I think I'll take a kick at the can myself.  It has been awhile since I've played and I'm not used to this site.  I'll read your rules and make a level 5 character.

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
Probably best to move the discussion to the Char Gen thread.

Let me know if you need any RMFRP resources.

Offline Just X

• War Lord
  • Viscount
Enheduanna,

Is there still room for one more? This is a setting I know little about but I am a huge fan of the Minoan culture that I believe was contemporary.  But ethnicity matters little to me and I can play anyone you feel is needed to round out a party.  My character concept was that of an ambassador (spy/thief/diplomat).  But again I can play any profession that is still needed in the party.  If things are ready to go I can take a pre-gen character or if there is some time I can generate a new one.

Just X

Offline Enheduanna

• Baronet
You know, it’s supposed to email me when someone posts here, but alas, for whatever reason, this time it didn’t.

Sure!  We can take another.  Minoan Crete would be contemporary with Hammu-rapi (the “Old Palace Period” and Linear A specifically).  You’re welcome to generate a new character.  We started at level 5, and the Character Generation thread has a link to a guide document I prepared.  I figure a Minoan would be eligible for either the Urban or Rural background I included there, but probably not the Pastoral.  Otherwise all racial options are as a normal common man, and all of the “normal” professions are available.

We have another player waiting in the wings to join as well.  The current PCs need to finish off these jackals first, so you have some time.

Of course, if you want a pre-gen, I’ll be glad to make one as well.  Just let me know.

Edit:  :huh:  The main Wikipedia article on the Minoans has outdated information (1971!) with respect to Cretan hieroglyphics.  The actual Minoan language articles are better sourced and more accurate.  Just a word of caution since I know anyone interested in the subject will probably look there first.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:13:58 AM by Enheduanna »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk