Author Topic: samwise7  (Read 519 times)

Offline Modric

• Baron
  • Iacta alea est (the die is cast)
samwise7
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »
Thread for samwise7's character and OOC.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: samwise7
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
Name: N'vernal
Profession: Sorcerer

Race: Tin'dynu (Praying Mantis/ Dung Beatle)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_beetle

An insectoid race calling themselves the Tin'dynu live in small bands that mostly wander around in the harsh jungles of Namzabu.  They look like a large human sized combination of mostly a Praying Mantis with back plates that seem similar to a Dung Beetle.  They are voracious meat eaters that hunt in efficient packs.  There only permanent dwellings are holy shrines that are difficult to find in the dense foliage.  These shrines are littered with offerings that are parts of the animals they kill on their hunts.  They do not worship the many unnamed demons of the jungle, but they do hope that the offerings will appease them and appease their wrath.  The demons of the jungle are called the Gha'inea by the Tin'dynu people which roughly translates to The Thousand and One Eyes of Chaos.

N'vernal will be the exception to the rule that instead of just making offerings to the Gha'inea demons (The Thousand and One Eyes of Chaos) he has devoted himself to one of them in return for the power of Sorcery.  The demon in question that he is devoted to is named in the Insectoid tongue Qu'rothorm that is said to have a vaguely humanoid female form mixed with a variety of animal and insectoid parts. She is known to be a very destructive demon, and hence all sorcery that she aids in tends to be damaging and painful to those it is cast upon (and sometimes the caster).

N'vernal was a very weak nymph in the huge clutch that his mother produced.  Somehow he avoided being devoured by his siblings early on, and later on in his life-cycle he avoided his kind as much as possible for fear of dying an early unremarkable death.  From an early age he heard a gravelly whispered Voice that no one else seemed to be able to hear.  His siblings tortured him mentally and physically when they learned this to teach him to avoid the corrupting voices of the jungle.  His reaction was just the opposite, for the Voice had only ever whispered the things he wanted to hear, and the voice had never hurt him (yet).

Here is a link on the Praying Mantis life-cycle that I'm basing things on:  http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-incredible-life-cycle-praying-mantises-pictures

Every time that N'vernal molted and shed his exoskeleton the Voice's words became clearer and more distinct.  It was teaching him things, ways to invoke powers beyond the ken of his siblings, and those siblings were the targets
(and fuel) of his first attempts to harness the whispered powers of the Voice in the Jungle.  When the people around him caught him in the act of sacrificing one of his siblings for such dark purposes they exiled them.  They would have killed him but they were afraid the demon that he worshiped would wreak vengeance upon them for that act.  In exile and not knowing were else to go (the jungle proved to be too dangerous) he left his homeland and traveled far away and ended up in a foreigner's district where his Sorcery could give him an upper edge.

Insectoids
STR 4D6 *-3* (6) [Effort Roll: 30] [Damage Bonus: None]
CON 3D6 (9) [Stamina Roll:45]
SIZ 2D6+6 (15) [Damage Bonus: None]
INT 3D6 (15) [Idea Roll: 75]
POW 2D6+3 *+3* (16) [Luck Roll: 80]
DEX 4D6 (14) [Agility Roll: 70]
APP 2D6 (7) [Charisma Roll: 35]
Move 5

Hit Points (Con + Size) = 24
Int Exp Bonus +8 (1/2 Int rounded up)
Major Wound: 12
Power Points: 16

Profession Skills:
Craft (Animal Traps) [base chance: 05] = 31
Insight [base chance: 05] = 05
Knowledge (Occult) [base chance: 01] = 70
Knowledge (Religion) [base chance: 01] = 31
Knowledge (History) [base chance: 01] = 06
Language (Own - Insectoid) [base chance: 75] = 75
Language (Other - Human Common Tongue?) [base chance: 00] = 40
Listen [base chance: 25] = 40
Perform (Rituals) [base chance: 05] = 70
Persuade [base chance: 15] = 15
Research [base chance: 25] = 25

Other Skills:
Climb [base chance: 40] = 40
Dodge [base chance: 28] = 60
First Aid [base chance: 15] = 40
Hide [base chance: 10] = 30
Jump [base chance: 25] = 25
Melee Weapon Sword [base chance: 25] = 55
Navigate [base chance: 10] = 10
Parry Dagger [base chance: 25] = 35
Ride [base chance: 05] = 05
Spot [base chance: 25] =25
Stealth [base chance: 10] = 20
Swim [base chance: 25] = 40
Track [base chance: 10] = 18

Starting Sorcery Spells (page 122 BRP)
Normal: 1/2 INT rounded up (8) levels of sorcery spells known and in his grimoire.
Midnight (1st Level)
Sorcerer's Razor (3rd Level)
Summon Demon (1st Level)
Unbreakable Bonds (3rd Level)
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
I am going to be doing convention prep work for the rest of the week, and then gaming all weekend, so I will be M.I.A.

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

Offline Modric

• Baron
  • Iacta alea est (the die is cast)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 11:36:43 PM »
No problem. I'm still prepping anyways.   :mellow:

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
He's back...  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk