Author Topic: The Occult Sciences  (Read 643 times)

Offline Modric

• Baron
  • Iacta alea est (the die is cast)
The Occult Sciences
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »
A discussion on magic, sorcery & the occult.

Offline Modric

• Baron
Re: The Occult Sciences
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »
Magic works through hard work and dark deeds, but is chaotic and unpredictable.

Since the death of Akzumoth, the ancient science of magic was lost. Today, users practice sorcery. Sorcery manipulates Ether, the quintessence (the "fifth element," life force or spirit), through the invocation of supernatural powers (i.e., gods, demons, demi-powers). The most powerful forms of sorcery involves "blood magic" or the use of the life force (Ether) of another living being to give the spell potency. The opposite of Ether is Nether, or a negative life force or energy, that is used to power destructive spells. Users of Sorcery magic form an allegiance with a god, demon, angel or power.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
This sounds like an interesting idea for a setting.  Spell casters will have to perform some dark deeds it seems. 
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline Modric

• Baron
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »
"Dark deed" or a "sacrifice" if appeasing a god.  :lol:

Offline Modric

• Baron
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:28:07 PM »

The Rephaitium (Plane)

The World is in conjunction with the plane known as the Rephaitium. It is depicted in religious texts as a vast, misty sea under a star-filled sky. The Gods and other Powers resides here on island-realms.  The remains of the Dead Gods can be found in the Rephaitium, most notably the Vortex of Wrath that contains the spirit of Akzumoth. Out of conjunction with the Rephatium is the Overgod's Paradise.

By virtue of the conjunction, the Gods and Powers influence mortals through dreams and visions, and appear as Avatars on the material plane. Mortals can also travel to the Rephaitium, either during sleep (Dreamselves) or through rifts and nexus-points. Travel by Dreamself, however, if not without danger and may have dire consequences to the mortal.

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
Sounds good.  :)
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk