Author Topic: Worldbuilding Discussion  (Read 2459 times)

Offline samwise7

• GamesMasters
  • Marquis
  • "May Shiggeth Cha guide us." -Marjan (EPT Game)
    • Samwise7RPG Youtube
Re: Worldbuilding Discussion
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
Well, if you ever do get interest let me know.  I don't own the Legend rules, but I own BRP and I know the two are very close to each other.

Thanks for giving me the idea of making up insectoid races.  I may use that for another setting.
:mice 1d100:  :mice 1d20+1:  :mice 3d6:  :mice 1D6+1:  "m" -> "d"

"After awhile, I began using the simplest possible system with my own gaming groups. As my old friend, Dave Arneson, and I agreed, one simple die roll is all that one needs: failure or success. The players don’t really care, as long as the roll is honest. Who cares if I hit with the flat of my shield, with the edge of my shield, or whatever? The story’s the thing!" -M. A. R. Barker

http://samwise7.yolasite.com/

Offline Barrow

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 01:16:12 AM »
In the distant land of Paro risky merchants and faithful and devout missionaries tell of a race of stoic and prideful antlered centaurs that debate about the meaning of everything... 

Regarding those antlers:

Only the male Paronine centaurs have antlers, and they are terribly proud of them. The larger the antler, the belief goes, the greater the 'personal divinity.'

They are not used in regular combat, but rather in 'honor-duels' between peers. In these duels, they literally lock horns and try to shove one another into submission. It is beneath dignity to use their antlers against anyone but another Paronine centaur; to dirty one's antlers against a lesser being is unthinkable.

These antlers molt naturally every seven to eight years. They take up to a year to grow back to respectable size, during which time most Paronine males will wear a helmet with false antlers, or a hood once the budding antlers get too big for the helmet. Regardless, there is no shame in this natural condition; however, to have one's antlers broken is embarrassing at best, utterly shameful at worst . So then, to have them deliberately severed by the Emperor is a punishment nearly worse than death...

Offline Modric

• Baron
  • Iacta alea est (the die is cast)
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »
Great description. I'll add that to the Guidebook.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk