Author Topic: OOC - Stranded in Space  (Read 20594 times)

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2005, 11:54:08 PM »
And just today my manager put in his 2 weeks notice and was allowed to leave post haste.  Mortgage sales reps and managers tend to be shown the door the day they give their 2 week notice.  Can't have that sabotage thing going on.

Guess I can now post from work again.  :lol:
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2005, 06:59:58 PM »
Soon!  I'll be mosting more soon, I promise!  Missed Thursday night posting again...   :blink:

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2005, 07:55:58 AM »
*cry in despair*
Where are my repairing rolls ?
*cry of anguish and despair*

Damn those pilots ! :P
"A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack."
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2005, 04:40:56 PM »
Quote from: QUOTE(crayok @ Dec 1 2005, 01:55 AM)
*cry in despair*
Where are my repairing rolls ?
*cry of anguish and despair*

Damn those pilots ! :P
Oh, don't worry, the stuff you could get to from the inside was minor, and you had a week to fix it.  Wait until you get access to the outside of the ship, then you'll need to make rolls just to identify the parts that are wrecked, much less fix them  ;)

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2005, 05:30:10 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE
OOC: would it be possible for Toulaan to use his psionic abilities to meld with the computer during a battle and add some bonus to the operator of that system. Kind of smooth the internal working of that system for greater efficiency?

After flipping through some of the Psionic abilities again, I would think that you could probably use Electrical Control, or possibly Electrical Melding to do something like this.  Probably making a roll with similar modifiers to the other Combat rolls.  Nicholas, what do you think?  The description for the Electrical Control skill is geared towards keeping malfunctioning equipment working, or causing malfunctions, or interfering with a devices functioning, so what about using it to boost the performance of an already functioning device?  I'm not sure how you would break down how this would work for the various tiers, I'd say perhaps the standard sort of +5 per tier bonus.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:30:46 AM by ob1knorrb »

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2005, 07:57:14 AM »
The problem i see with "boosting" equipment is that it stresses out the equipment who probably was not designed to wield that much stress. You should maybe include a breakdown chance after end of use , minimal for low boost to 99.99% for really big ones.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 08:25:33 AM by crayok »
"Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain! " - Big Trouble in Little China

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• Friends of RealRoleplaying
  • Knight Errant
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2005, 03:46:04 PM »
It is a possible application of Electrical Control. If pushed, I would allow it starting at Tier 2 (bonus of +5) rising to Tier 5 (bonus of +20). However, I would require the activator to make Engineering maneuvers at the difficulty levels given for "Tinkering with Equipment". Failure or fumbling is an opportunity for a malfunction roll, with a d100-20 roll on the Malfunction Table if a malfunction occurs.

But to be honest, I'd have to be pushed to allow it.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Publisher under license of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF & HARP SF Xtreme

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2005, 04:45:25 PM »
You'd have to limit the size of the equipment that can be boosted ...
but that's more the role of Psion scaling :P

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2005, 02:37:59 AM »
Ack!  The forum spontanteously stopped sending me e-mail notifications again so I almost let this adventure slip my mind.  At least it looks like it hasn't gone far ;)  I'm back paying attention again now, though :D
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2005, 03:20:32 AM »
It's done that to me a couple of times too.  I figure nobody has posted anything, then finally check after a few days and there's three or four items.

Offline munchy

• Messenger
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »
Hi,
I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for posting so sparsely. My work keeps me extremely busy at the moment and I don't see an end to that until Christmas and then it's probably only for the holiday.
So, although it has been fun reading and posting, I will have to reduce my appearances here to reading. I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience but it is just not manageable with the load of work at the moment.

Enjoy gaming.
Best Wishes
munchy

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »
That's perfectly understandable, I'll figure out how to phase the Medic (and Zaras) out once you get onto the big ship.  Feel free to post in this OOC area any time the urge hits.

Offline Gribble

• Baron
  • Easy Tiger
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2005, 10:42:53 PM »
The doc would be happy to fall out with him.  It would be a good opprtunity to see how a vibroknife works in a kata style ...
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Offline crayok

• War Lord
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2005, 07:50:31 AM »
it works ... just don't try it on yourself :P

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2005, 02:21:52 AM »
Just to clarify my reasoning on the selection of the away team...
Dutch and Phill are the main combat oriented guys which gives them a chance to do some fighting.  Prescott's the engineer type and he's going to examine the ship.  Zaras and the medic are going so our GM can kill them off.   :P

Reegus needs to monitor the area from our ship.
Toulaan is keeping a feel out for possible things of concern.
The Doctor gets to stay behind and get drunk....  :D
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline Maelstrom

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2005, 04:05:27 AM »
Quote from: QUOTE(Tjones67 @ Dec 12 2005, 08:21 PM)
Toulaan is keeping a feel out for possible things of concern.

Precisely what I had in mind.

My apologies for my posting rate declining so dramatically.  The company (Lehman Brothers) that bought my company is hyper senstive about security and this site is blocked as well as all my web-based email.  I am now stuck posting from home with gives me about 1 chance a week to post.  I'll try and keep posting as I can each week.  If I can't keep up that schedule I'll make arrangements with Brent.

For now I'm still in and will keep Toulaan helping the group as much as possible.
I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me.  The life I live in this body I live by faith in Jesus Christ who loves me and gave himself up for me.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2005, 06:07:08 PM »
My posting for the next few weeks will be pretty sporadic as well, I've got all sorts of Festive events to go to, in fact, I probably won't get my Thursday posting done tonight, although I'll try and at least get you landed.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Baron
    • ICE RPG Webring
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2006, 01:34:05 AM »
Okay, I'm back from vacation and should be able to put together an I.C. posting tomorrow night once I've had a chance to catch up on emails and other fun things.

Offline TJ

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2006, 01:38:11 AM »
Welcome back.... Looking forward to finding out what is on that ship of yours out there.  :D
HARP.... High Adventure Role Playing!
HARP SF....  The Sci-Fi Solution to Role Playing!
Apprentice of the Guild

Offline lonejedi

• Squire
    • http://
OOC - Stranded in Space
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2006, 03:31:25 AM »
Welcome back, indeed!  Reegus is tanned, ready and rested to resume this doomed... uh, "exciting" flight! :)
-Lone Jedi
(Jason Buchanan)
Co-Owner, Code Monkey Publishing, LLC
http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk