Author Topic: Story board  (Read 167327 times)

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
Re: Story board
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 11:34:51 PM »
An oversized maid with a white apron answers Taurus, "We'll bring you the food and mead right away Sir. Meanwhile you can take a seat by the side of those two patrons." She points to the table where the Hobbit and the other Dúnadan are.

Offline BaronGreystone

• Knight of the Round Table
  • <Haldan 'Hap' Tanner, Hobbit Bounder>
    • Baron @ Pen & Paper Games
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:18 AM »
Noting developments, Hap raises a hand and says to Tinnarwen, "It appears as if we may have the company of some seasoned travellers, unless my eyes and wits fail me. The refugees will still be there; shall we meet these Captains among Men, first?"

The little hobbit beams at the strangers as they approach. Standing on his seat, he bows in courtly fashion. "Well met, good sirrahs! If you look for company and comradeship, look no further! I am Haldan Tanner, called Hap, and this paragon among women is known as Tinnarwen. And whom might you be?"
<Haldan 'Hap' Tanner, Hobbit Bounder>

Offline Throkarn Alesmith

• Herald
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »
An oversized maid with a white apron answers Taurus, "We'll bring you the food and mead right away Sir. Meanwhile you can take a seat by the side of those two patrons." She points to the table where the Hobbit and the other Dúnadan are.

"I thank you fair lady"

Noting developments, Hap raises a hand and says to Tinnarwen, "It appears as if we may have the company of some seasoned travellers, unless my eyes and wits fail me. The refugees will still be there; shall we meet these Captains among Men, first?"

The little hobbit beams at the strangers as they approach. Standing on his seat, he bows in courtly fashion. "Well met, good sirrahs! If you look for company and comradeship, look no further! I am Haldan Tanner, called Hap, and this paragon among women is known as Tinnarwen. And whom might you be?"

Taurus moves over to indicated table.
"You do me much honor good sirrah, I am no captain I have wandered long and far, it would seem that my place may have been better served here. Taurus the Wanderer at your service.  I can see that there is a tale to tell, you appear strange travelling companions pray tell your tale. And my lady a good day to you."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:12:40 PM by Throkarn Alesmith »
<Tauros the Wandener, Dunedain Fighter>

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

Tinnarwen, still standing, frowns, "As the bard once said - Should we stay or should we go now? - That is, please make up your mind, I dislike being upon a spring."

"And as for these gentlemen, they are not part of the refugees? Or are they?"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline stealthbomber

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Across the room, a common man glances at that strange reunion. His ears catching the conversation as it goes on.
-Oh dear curiosity why must I allways oblige to your will?...
Finishing he's beer, he discretly moves near the table trying not to be noticed.
-No need to bother these busy men until necessary - he muttured to himself.
Strangely enough the other patrons around the room failed to notice the gentle hands who kept making room for their owners path.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:21:53 PM by stealthbomber »

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
You notice the loud voice of a big Northman going through the misfortunes taking place in the northern part of the province, Orc and Hillmen raids and rebel Dunnish serfs. He goes by the name of Penda Oxkiller and you hear him say, "There I was in the middle of the darkness of a moonless night, riding my good horse Eratro, with a torch on my hand, and I noticed that Orc fiend charging against me. I rode him with the spear, I tell ya!" The conversation goes on, and after some time another armoured Northron says, "Aye, winter is coming and our horses will be trapped in the snow; we need infantrymen to man the forts of the northern parts !"

Here's a part of a film which details night warfare as taking place there between Rhudaurian horsemen belonging to the party of Argil and those of Melosse,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7XGaoOlar8&NR=1&feature=endscreen
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:54:12 PM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:54 AM »
An exceptionally tall and slender cloaked figure enters the tavern. He pauses briefly in the doorway before bowing his head and weaving his way through the crowded establishment to the bar. Although the grey travel-stained hood obscures his features, his height and graceful movement betray him as an elf.  He places a bronze coin on the bar and in a soft voice orders a drink. "Some wine please, good innkeeper!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:24:17 PM by Gilothel »

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
The oversized maid comes to the part of the counter where Gilothel is and serves him some wine of his pleasure. "Hello Dear," she says, just arrived in town?" And she points to the party, "There's a big group of customers over there that also have just come in; and mind you, the refugees from the Lowlands camped outside."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:26:50 PM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Jacinto Pat

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »
"Refugees?" says Wistran slowly, almost as if the word is foreign to him.  "No", his tone becoming brisk almost to the point of being dismissive, "I am a liege of our lord, and my cousin, the King; but more importantly a servent of the Lords of the West.  I've come with such men as my family can spare from our keep to hunt the fell beasts that are moving into this land."

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
"Yes M'Lord," the maid answers. "Penda," she calls out aloud, "There are here some Dúnedain lords here you might wish to talk to!"

The Northman interrupts his conversation with his men to move over to Wistran and the rest of the party. "Well met, m'lords," he says in a tone of appreciation after looking at the badge of Wistran. I'm Penda and here we keep the defence against the darkness that these days is creeping out of Angmar. You are men at arms I reckon?" After some more words of introduction, he asks whether they wish to take up arms with the Vulseggi and their liege men, the House of Melossee. "Their honor is true and their money good," he says.

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
"Yes M'Lord," the maid answers. "Penda," she calls out aloud, "There are here some Dúnedain lords here you might wish to talk to!"

The Northman interrupts his conversation with his men to move over to Wistran and the rest of the party. "Well met, m'lords," he says in a tone of appreciation after looking at the badge of Wistran. I'm Penda and here we keep the defence against the darkness that these days is creeping out of Angmar. You are men at arms I reckon?" After some more words of introduction, he asks whether they wish to take up arms with the Vulseggi and their liege men, the House of Melossee. "Their honor is true and their money good," he says.

"Men ... and Women, of Arms ... and Music," Tinnarwen smiles, "This House of Melossee - they are hiring mercenaries for battle or adventures for a quest? I would seek the latter. I have no desire to fight a war."

Offline BaronGreystone

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
"Aye," says Hap, nodding emphatically, "I have found the Vulseggi to be good neighbors, hard-working, and as good as their word. You could do worse than to have one guard yer back, and that's a truth." He takes a pull at his drink, then wipes his mouth. "Are ye here looking to take up arms then, ye lot of warriors? It's a good fight, I reckon. Me and mine have been doing some scouting and skirmishing, here and there." He nods to a group of diminutive figures near the fire. "My band, such as it is."

Smiling up at Tinnarwen, Hap adds, "Though things might get a bit hot with cavalry and knights and such, field of battle and all that. Twere some other contributions to make to the effort, I know I'd be right interested in hearing of 'em."

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:22 AM »
Another man from Penda's group approaches you lot, his eyes staring at the badges too. He introduces himself as Gulgard Stone-fist. His build is large like Penda's, but his hair is grey, probably a mixture of Dúnadan-Northman, you reckon. "We've heard there's unusual activity in the Yfelwood. We have a fort there, the Tirthon. The commander of the fort Marendil Rhudainor, related to our Mistress Melosse, has gone nuts, and more like him. We fear demon activity. We've requested the help of our distant allies, the Elves of Imladris, but none has come; the roads grow unsafe perhaps." He continues, "You have enough henchmen to garrison the fort, and if your wits are strong enough, to investigate what is going on in the Yfelwood."

Offline BaronGreystone

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
Hap listens quietly as the elder describes the situation at the fort. He watches the others, trying to gauge their reactions to the story. Then his eyes get wider. "Demons? Is the fort then abandoned?"

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »
Hap listens quietly as the elder describes the situation at the fort. He watches the others, trying to gauge their reactions to the story. Then his eyes get wider. "Demons? Is the fort then abandoned?"

"Tell us more ... I sense the beginning of a tale that I might be interested in writing," Tinnarwen pays attention.

Offline Dalewarrior

• Earl
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 01:26:53 AM »
"I'm afraid the fort is abandoned. We've lost control of that area," interjects Penda. "Rhudainor and a few other lieutenants are in convalescence, getting better we hope."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »
"I'm afraid the fort is abandoned. We've lost control of that area," interjects Penda. "Rhudainor and a few other lieutenants are in convalescence, getting better we hope."

"What caused them to 'go nuts' as you put it? Spell? Poison? Food? Do your healers have any clues?"

Offline Gilothel

• Goblin
  • Viscount
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
(Gilothel)

The oversized maid comes to the part of the counter where Gilothel is and serves him some wine of his pleasure. "Hello Dear," she says, just arrived in town?" And she points to the party, "There's a big group of customers over there that also have just come in; and mind you, the refugees from the Lowlands camped outside."

Gilothel accepts the wine. "Thank you. Yes, I have just arrived." With a departing nod to the maid he drifts closer to the group and listens quietly to their conversation. At the mention of demons and Imladris the elf throws back his hood and approaches the group. "Excuse my interruption but I could not help overhearing your conversation. I know not why my kindred in Imladris have failed to respond for they are staunch allies of the Dúnadan. May I be of any assistance? I am no stranger to demons and sorcery. My name is Gilothel."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:09:02 AM by Dalamar »

Offline stealthbomber

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
Suddenly a common man pulls a chair and sits by the table:
"Do tell more good chaps, i'm enjoying the conversation." - he said while joining the table. - "Oh and dear lady would you be so kind to serve another round to this fine group here?" - He asked the maid on the counter over the noisy crowd.
"John Nimblefinger by the way, pleasured by this meeting and at your service."

Offline Old Man

• Viscount
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
Tinnarwen looks about and works to memorize the suddenly crowded table - lets see - John the Human, Gilothel the Elf, Hap the Hobbit, Penda and Guldard the Northmen, Taurus the Dunedain (?), Wistran the Dunedain (?) - she'd be sure of the races (the player isn't :) ).

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:55:23 PM by Old Man »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk