Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 242084 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4560 on: February 17, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
Amulet

“Well I like your ambition...tell me, what numbers can you raise and control yourself? In other words what type of magical amplification are we talking about?”

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4561 on: February 17, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »
At that moment a soldier walks by shouting in Easterling...People all around you appear from out of their tents, or stand up from their positions around campfires etc. There doesn’t seem to be any panic, but people instantly begin moving around, packing and taking tents down etc

One of the Easterling soldiers comes running towards your position and inquires: “Sir, the order has been given to move out. What are our unit’s orders? Do we join the host or are we to scout ahead?”

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4280
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4562 on: February 17, 2020, 11:17:17 PM »
Auris

"We scout ahead, to the right and in front of the main host. But keep a low profile, do not let the enemy see us. Dismissed!"

In himself: 'Damn, too soon. I need time to think - and to talk to whoever is on the other side of the amulet...'

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4563 on: February 18, 2020, 12:19:23 AM »
Nameless

'Well keep chatting and we'll have someone lead your horse,"

Nameless turns and says to Falco, "Your best rider, have him lead our leader's horse."

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4564 on: February 26, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »
Ooc: didn’t the general just ask you to raise an undead army...I doubt he’d want you to go scout ahead instead

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4565 on: February 26, 2020, 10:20:26 AM »
Amulet: “Is the battle upon us? Then you’d better hurry...the general could use all the troops he can get!”

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4280
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4566 on: March 05, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
Auris

To the amulet: "Well, if you know more than I do, by all means, tell me where and when. I need plenty of dead corpses, and as they're usually procured from live enemies, I need to ambush a bunch of them - a very large bunch even. So, if you could fill in the blanks on how to obtain 1000 undead fighters, I'd be much obliged. And the general would be happy."

Auris' patience is clearly wearing thin, the burden of command is one thing, but a brigade of zombies is unnerving even him.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4567 on: March 05, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »
The general


raises an eyebrow: “That seems like an overly complicated and time consuming plan, time which we have not...there are plenty of dead at the fortresses...simply go there”


He looks at you

You suddenly remember what the general suggested to you just moments ago  :lol:

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4280
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4568 on: March 05, 2020, 11:16:22 PM »
Auris

He calls his officers to him. "Gentlemen, we've been given a special assignment. Once we're a bit out of sight of the main host - let them think we're scouting ahead, as I ordered a little while ago - we'll turn around and go back to the fortresses. There's work to be done there. I expect little opposition once we get there, but be mindful of stray orcs and humans alike along the route. Make sure scouts are sent out a little ahead and to the sides to prevent ambushes. Dismissed."

Once that's done, Auris takes a bit of beef jerky - he hopes it's beef, anyway - and starts chewing. He's still not at all pleased, not with the situation, not with himself, not with the whole forsaken world...

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4569 on: March 06, 2020, 12:16:14 AM »
Nameless

Asks Falco if he'd like to scout ahead with his squad, if not (feigning disappointment) Nameless directs a random other squad leader to scout head and the others to take points surrounding their small group, him, Auris and their bodyguards in the center.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 785
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4570 on: March 06, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »
Falco

“I’ll scout ahead”, and then to himself (not aloud) he adds, ‘maybe some distance from our leader would be good. I don’t want to be around him when he finally looses it.’

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4571 on: March 07, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »
Nameless

Replies, "Good, very good," he dispatches the rest of the 5 squads in a circle about Auris and he, making sure at least one is watching the rear.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:03:49 PM by Old Man »
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4572 on: March 11, 2020, 10:20:03 AM »
The squads do as they’re told and feign scouting ahead only to circle back behind the host. After half a day’s ride you reach the first of the fortresses. This one is obviously one where things didn’t go as well as planned. There is a large burial pile of easterling soldiers and scattered around them are dead gondorian soldiers and their mounts...those corpses. The corpses are picked clean in terms of valuables and higher value weaponry. Most of the armour and weapons like spears and bows  are still there though. Carrion birds have already descended on the dead bodies and so have some wild animals. Most corpses look half eaten and nasty.

Other than the circling birds and the animals that fled at first sight, the place is eerily quiet and looks grim

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4573 on: March 11, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »

Nameless

Sends one squad to find a campsite, away from the smells. One squad to stand with Auris and the other three to watch the compass points of the site (assuming say Auris starts at the North side, the other 3 would be S, W and E). He tells Falco to pick which of the 5 positions he wants.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 785
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4574 on: March 19, 2020, 10:54:24 AM »
If Auris is North, Falco will pick south.

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4280
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4575 on: March 22, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
Auris

"A big circle, encompassing the fortress and the pile of bodies, perhaps half a mile in diameter" is what Auris orders. When seeing that the troops are nicely distributed, he orders everyone to look outside, for signs of an ambush.

He himself inspects the inside of the circle. With a piece of cloth firmly pressed against his nostrils against the stench - he fears he'll be off his food for weeks - he looks for trouble inside the circle. If he finds none, he'll consult the amulet. In hushes whispers, that's for sure.

"Well, we're at a big pile of corpses. Death has been profligate here. Now, tell me how to raise and control them."

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4576 on: March 22, 2020, 08:33:20 PM »
Nameless

Nods and directs the squads to their positions.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4577 on: March 24, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »
The troops do as ordered and form a nice perimeter around the fortress.

Ooc: Falco and Nameless, please roll perception

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9696
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4578 on: March 24, 2020, 10:32:30 AM »
Inside the ring, Auris finds nothing but rotting flesh...he summons the voice from the amulet, who promptly responds:

‘Ah I see you have returned and found some nice resources. Good, good...before we get to work in raising them there is the small matter of the price of using my services. As we share a common goal, my price will be a mere baragain. You people seem to be very resourceful and I am always in need of resourceful men. I propose a favor in exchange for a favor. I will help you raise a mighty army of the dead, but when you reach Gorgoroth I might ask for a small...yet to be determined favor in return...do we have an agreement?”

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4285
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4579 on: March 26, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »
Nameless

Says something to one of the squad with him and then he will walk over to see what Auris is up to.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk