Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 244840 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4600 on: April 01, 2020, 12:04:40 PM »
Ooc: fair enough, that would deduct another 2 rounds, but then I need to hold your piece of the combat while Falco and the  outside world catch up

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4601 on: April 01, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »

** Not a problem.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4293
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4602 on: April 01, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
Auris

He struggles to get it together again. So much pain, and while it was brief, the aftermath is worse than the worst hangover he ever had. And drinking another one, his preferred cure, is not in the cards now. He feels he cannot call upon more undead or give commands to the ones he raised just yet. It'll come, but argggh, not now.

What he can do, is shout to his subordinates, and the ones furthest from the attack in particular:
"he, you there! To the other side, on the double! Form a defensive line and return ranged fire!"

He directs this to his unengaged troops. They originally formed a circle, Auris believes a half circle would suffice for now. Of course there's always a risk of a second group emerging from the woods in the opposite and now undefended direction, but he gambles that by the time they pose a problem, he can fight those with undead. If only his head would hurt less...

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4603 on: April 01, 2020, 08:57:39 PM »
Nameless

To Auris, "Welcome back."

To the squads, "You HEARD HIM! Get a MOVE ON!"
(note which are responsive and which aren't.)
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4604 on: April 02, 2020, 06:07:05 AM »
Since Auris sought some privacy for casting just inside the fortress, you need to walk out again in order to give orders. The good news is that gives you 2 rounds to walk off the stun :-)

I’ll resolve 4 combat rounds (2 for casting, 2 for walking) and then pick it up from your order to the troops

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4605 on: April 02, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »

** Excellent :)
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4606 on: April 03, 2020, 08:30:07 AM »
Outside, falco tries to launch his biggest fireball ever...but he too struggles with controlling the magical energy required. The fireball shoots erratically into the air like a balloon that has its knot untied. It leaves behind a trail of smoke before it fizzles into a mere puff of smoke.

The easterlings follow falco’s order and turn their horses and ride off beyond bow range. This does allow the rangers to fire one more volley. 2 more easterlings die and several are injured. These are not mere bowmen so its seems.

After the volley, the bowmen move forward towards the fort. To get the easterlings and undead at the gate (western perimiter) in bowrange as well ss the gate itself

Just a quick situation description. The woods and the bowmen come from the north of the fortress. The entrance of the fort is on the west side, so your perimeter was to the north west and south. The easterlings to the north are now riding towards those positioned at the gate i.e. the westside perimiter. The ones on the west and south are holding position.

Outside of the fort, some 30 gondorians scattered around have risen from the dead and are standing still.  10 more exploded violently. So you are aware that Auris is doing some massive magic inside the fort, but you are unaware what is happening there.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4607 on: April 03, 2020, 08:30:43 AM »
Ooc: Falco please indicate actions. It will take the bowmen 2 rounds to get into position again to shoot a volley.

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4608 on: April 03, 2020, 09:40:51 AM »
** I’ll recast the fireball.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4609 on: April 03, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
...
I’ll resolve 4 combat rounds (2 for casting, 2 for walking) and then pick it up from your order to the troops

** Likely the situation will be very different so Nameless will assess when he and Auris exit the west gate at that time.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4610 on: April 03, 2020, 05:48:58 PM »
Falco casts a fireball into the centre of the approaching bowmen...several dodge out of the way as the ball hits the ground...you see some burn marks on their outfits, but it doesn’t slow their approach

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4611 on: April 04, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »
Nameless
** Need to keep handy notes on the size of our company ... keep forgetting - 5 squads of 5 plus how many extras?

** 5 squads of 9 or so (as I provided Falco with 5 men, 1 from each, for his use). We had 5 squad leaders: Ariq,  Hotuca, Oghul, Tolou and Temur.  So alphabetically, we could say Squad 1 Ariq was w Auris (west), Squad 2 Hotuca North, Squad 3 Oghul East, Squad 4 Tolou is South and Squad 5 Temur is looking for a campsite away from the smell (direction pending today's wind). Attach came from north vs. Hotuca's squad. Falco and Five now there as well. [Will backtrack in thread to count losses to date.] - Howzat?
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4612 on: April 06, 2020, 09:04:02 AM »
Perfect...thnx!

Waiting for Falco’s next action and orders
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:45:36 AM by Jaeru »

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4613 on: April 10, 2020, 05:32:38 AM »
Falco lobs two fireballs at the approaching archers. This time the balls connect. Four archers fall back...they are still standing, but seem to be stunned.


Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4614 on: April 10, 2020, 05:45:01 AM »
The archers crouch down again to loose a volley of arrows, now at the men that retreated and the men at the western point. 3 die and 3 more are wounded.

Falco sees two arrows coming at him...he’s able to dodge one, but the other hits him in the arm. (16 hits, stunned 1r and bleeding 1/r)

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4615 on: April 10, 2020, 05:47:55 AM »
One more round for falco and then the others can join in

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4616 on: April 10, 2020, 12:34:14 PM »
The archers crouch down again to loose a volley of arrows, now at the men that retreated and the men at the western point. 3 die and 3 more are wounded.

** Split the casualties between Falco's group and Ariq's west gate squad (weighted to Falco's since they are in the open) .... Didn't do a random chance some of the already wounded are hit again and killed ...
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4617 on: April 10, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »
Thnx

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4293
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4618 on: April 11, 2020, 10:25:33 AM »
As Auris walks off the mental assault, he look upon the battlefield surrounding the fort, and doesn't like what he sees. The situation up North is clearly the most grave. Yet before he orders his undead in the fort - looking over his shoulder, it seems there is some erratic rattling of bones, apparently one or two undead had nasty wounds or didn't come out too well, but he interprets it as a sign they need something to do - he peers in the distance to see if he can perceive more attack waves. If not, he'll throw his undead into the fight up north.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4619 on: April 11, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
Nameless

Now that both he and Auris are outside the west gate, he'll keep an eye to the south, keeping Auris' back guarded.

He bellows to the troops, "Take COVER and return FIRE you mongrel ponies you!"
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk