Author Topic: Dark Magic (HARP) IC  (Read 244846 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Barrow

  • GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 3443
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4280 on: March 10, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »
Auris ... orders the zombies to eat the private parts off their erstwhile comrades.

Grixis

makes a mental note not to irritate Auris. And to ensure that the zombies know he’s on Auris’s side.

OOC:

Lol that’s just brutal!  :lol: :lol:

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4293
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4281 on: March 10, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »
OOC: blame the GM, he thought my previous suggestion wasn't evil enough.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4282 on: March 18, 2019, 08:06:54 AM »
At the fort:


Jylnath ordered a retreat out of the fort as the gondorians continue their advance. This gives Auris and Grixis time to catch up and everyone is now atnthe entrance of the gate (which is wide open btw). You can see the Gondorians running towards you and you can hear the archers on the walls repositioning themselves. Moving forward or backwards will make you a target for the archers.


Falco unleashes his sleep spell and two gondorians keel over. The gondorians on the ground can’t make out where its coming from, but some of the archers on the wall do. Two aim ther bows at Falco and will attack him next round.


(Please declare if you move into the fort, or move out. Let me know her you want to fight the gondorians.  I’ll hold the gauntlet whacking for after you’ve made your decision)

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4283 on: March 18, 2019, 08:30:43 AM »
At the reinforcements:


The Easterlings don’t need much to spur them onwards...with loud cries the race towards the fort. It is however a mile away, so will take a couple of rounds to get there.(12 to be exact)

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4284 on: March 18, 2019, 08:39:57 AM »
Situational sketch:


Please refer to the map linked earlier.


Auris, grixis, jylnath and 8 easterlings are below the gate hugging the walls, waiting for an order to either charge the oncoming easterlings (13 in total) or make a tactical retreat.


There are 6 archers on the walls/towers, two are aiming at Falco, who is also on the walls...the other 4 are waiting for a clear shot at the easterlings below.


Nameless is charing the fort with 40 easterlings, but will take 12 rounds to reach the gate.


On the gondorian side, reinforcements have also been signalled, but from your position you know neither how many, nor how long they will take.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6620
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4285 on: March 19, 2019, 02:16:47 AM »
Jylnath

The Easterling hears the horns and expected more Gondorians to come. "Kahretsin! Zaten sayımız fazla, geri çekilme! Hell with it! We're outnumbered already, retreat!"

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4286 on: March 19, 2019, 01:41:44 PM »
Correction


I misjudged Falco’s position and actions. Instead of two soldiers, Falco targeted the two archers running towards them and put them to sleep.


There are now 4 gondorian archers in the towers overlooking the gate and 15 gondorians charging the gate from the inside.


Falco, you are between the far tower and the towers overlooking the gate. Please roll S&H to see if your cover was broken.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4287 on: March 20, 2019, 08:01:31 AM »
One of the archers in the gate towers notice Falco and take their aim at falco. Falco is however able to take cover in the far tower

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4288 on: March 23, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
After Jylnath shouts the retreat, all the Easterlings, Auris and Grixis run away from the fort (I’m assuming both follow). As they run out on the road, they can see the Easterling reserves galloping up on the hill, but they can see a Gondorian reserve force galloping up on the other side of the hill as well. There seems to be more of them...it was a trap and somehow the Gondorians were tipped off!!!


(Falco can see this too from his tower position, but Nameless still has no idea about the other force)


There is not much time to think, for the archers let lose of their arrows. One Easterling is fatally struck and crashes to the ground. The other misses. Falco is lucky to sit behind some cover as one of the arrows bounces off and only grazes him (5 hits) the other misses completely.


Ooc: please indicate actions and decide where to flee to

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4293
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4289 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:52 PM »
Auris

He curses. And again. This is not at all going well. Did his undead not create enough horror? Did he loose the plot during the battle? He is suddenly a lot less convinced of his skills as commander.

Then the gauntlet steels him. No setback cannot be wiped out by wiping out those that cause the setback.

It's hardly peotic, but it is appropriate. He doesn't even know if it is the gauntlet speaking to him or just planting the thought in his brain, allowing the latter to verbalize it. No matter. Retreat, rally the troops, eradicate.

Auris selects a point outside of easy arrow range from the fort, in the direction of the host, sprints there, and orders the banner to be unfurled and all undead he might still have to join him there.

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4290 on: March 24, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »
...
Auris selects a point outside of easy arrow range from the fort, in the direction of the host, sprints there, and orders the banner to be unfurled and all undead he might still have to join him there.

Nameless

If he sees this, Nameless commands the Easterlings to ride to Auris and stop until we can see what sort of mess we're in. If any Gondorians come too close, he'll pick one off with a Lightning Bolt (that'll be his second use for the day and will hoard the rest).

** How often can the Horn of the Herd be used? If multiples, he will slow and summon the scattered herd as he approaches, they will make a great wall ... and latter perhaps a hammer against the Gondorian riders.

"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline I8flesh2

  • Knight of the Quest
  • *****
  • Posts: 883
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4291 on: March 24, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
If Falco sees everyone retreating, he'll curse loudly and then open door to a safe location where he sees the Easterlings headed to.

Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6620
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4292 on: March 24, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »
Jylnath

The Easterlings were horse archers, he knew where their advantage lay. Jylnath said to the Easterling band, "İnsanlara binin ve tepenin üstüne gelenlerin ne hakkında olduğunu görelim! Let's ride men and see what those coming over the hill are about!"

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4293 on: March 25, 2019, 08:36:11 AM »
Ooc:


@Auris: you have created just one undead...the fallen guard you killed. He’s still with you.
@Nameless: you don’t see the herd anymore as they crossed the hill, but you can use the horn again and likely they will still be in reach
@Jylnath: You don’t have horses with you...you came to the fort hanging from the cows that stampeded.

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4294 on: March 25, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »
The group runs and Auris plants his flag as a point where they will rally. The Easterlings, not sure what to do and who to follow now, stand there uneasy. When someone points out the reserve cavalry gallopping up on the hill, they regain some of their bravoure...but they look anxiously at the larger force gallopping up on the other side of the hill.


Meanwhile the Gondorians from the fort have reached the gate. They advance outside, but after seeing both cavalries rushing up the hill, they double back and start closing the gate. Meanwhile the archers on the tower continue shooting at you but miss. Three archers are now shooting at the group and one is keeping Falco under fire. (But he too misses).


Then Nameless pulls out his horn and sounds it once more. This quickens the Easterlings, but also the Gondorians on the other side. Perceptive people will see black dots on the horizon gathering and moving towards you, but they are well beyond the Gondorians and not moving at stampede pace.


Ooc: please declare actions...the cavalry will connect in 5 rounds with the group on the road stuck in the middle. (@nameless: you can take a shot at the archers in the tower, as they are in range...do beware that they have cover bonus)





Offline Dalewarrior

  • GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • *
  • Posts: 6620
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4295 on: March 25, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
Jylnath

Can we mount the cows? If not, the Easterling will just run away after having cast Invisibility on his person.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:29:49 PM by Dalewarrior »

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4296 on: March 25, 2019, 11:49:50 PM »

** Does the tower itself - either roof or woodwork or walkways- appear flammable? Perhaps a bolt of lightning will both a) drive the archers to cover and b) start a fire?
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

Offline Jaeru

  • Moderator
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9770
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4297 on: March 26, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »
@Jylnath: there are no cows near...they will arrive shortly, but after the armies have arrived.
@Nameless: you can definitely try that...everything is made of wood. But you’ll need a high roll.

Offline Hayek

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4293
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4298 on: March 28, 2019, 08:26:59 PM »
As Auris sees Nameless looking at the wooden structure, he realises that what has worked before might work again

"What if we sent out some zombies with torches to burn the place?"

Offline Old Man

  • Viscount
  • ***
  • Posts: 4344
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Dark Magic (HARP) IC
« Reply #4299 on: March 28, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »
Nameless


"Heck, even flaming zombies if they can last that long ... nice scare factor ... can you raise Kine from the dead? Just thinking ahead," he gestures to the gathering herd.
"Do what you know, yet know what you do."

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk