Author Topic: CC: Chapter 1 - Comfort Place  (Read 10499 times)

Offline salun

• Knight of the Purple Sash
  • Riddleseeker
Re: CC: Chapter 1 - Comfort Place
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »
Josh looks around at the others "Okay, what do You guys say? Should we leave Miss Miller here, and go talk to that strange guy over there? Find out what he might know?" He nods in the direction of the man with the round glasses.
Regards
Salun

My rpg-collection on RPGGeek.com

Offline philjun

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2011, 10:53:59 AM »
"Yes," Robert says, "that man appeared to have something to tell us." Robert will start walking towards the man waiting, expecting the others to follow.

Offline Mort

• Baron
  • "Light a cigar and let me expound..."
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
As they approached him, the team could see that the man was short and round and middle-aged. He had black hair with  flecks of gray and looked like he needed a shave. His suit was old-fashioned, a little too small, and in desperate need of a good pressing. The man was twirling the beaded door hanger on his finger. He watched the team approach with his lips pressed tightly together.

"I've got good news and bad news," he said. "You want the good news first? The good news is that you are still alive. Unfortunately, the other half of your crew didn't make it. They died when the elevator inexplicably suffered an impossible catastrophic failure of about six of its safety systems . . . and a cable breakage." The man didn't wait for them to question how he knew that. He produced a police scanner from the briefcase on the hood behind him and set it on his leg before continuing. "The elevator car plummeted a total of seven stories, and crashed in the basement, killing everyone. And it looks like you guys suffered an inexplicably impossible catastrophe yourselves." He gestured with his fat fingers toward the various injuries suffered by the team.

"The bad news," he continued, "is that you have pissed off a fairly powerful witch that lived in that building. With Barnes dead and this all over the news, I'm guessing the sale of this building will be delayed for . . . years. That was the end game, I suppose. But you should know that the witch will most likely not stop until you are all dead. Witches can be petty like that. So . . . " The little man hopped down off the car. He was considerably shorter than he looked from a distance. "Is this the part where you all call me crazy, tell yourselves there's no such things as witches, storm back to the ambulance, and go back to your normal lives . . . until, of course, you die in an inexplicable and impossible elevator, or car, or mugging, or bridge, or shower accident? Or do you hear what the crazy little man has to say and do the only thing you really can do . . . figure out how to kill this bitch before she kills you?"

The little man cocked his head to one side, waiting matter-of-factly for an answer.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:59:57 PM by Mort »

Offline philjun

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »
"If you think you've got something important to tell us, why don't you just go ahead," Robert says quietly, his voice betraying no emotion.

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
"By the sounds of things, I guess you already have an idea of how we can do this, eh?" says Todd sharply.

"And how do you know about all of this anyway?" he adds pointing his index finger at the man.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Mort

• Baron
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »
"If you think you've got something important to tell us, why don't you just go ahead," Robert says quietly, his voice betraying no emotion.
The man buttoned up his suit. It was a great strain on the stitching. "I've just told you the most important news you'll ever hear. What you do with it is up to you."

"By the sounds of things, I guess you already have an idea of how we can do this, eh?" says Todd sharply.

"And how do you know about all of this anyway?" he adds pointing his index finger at the man.
"I do have an idea . . . but these things take time. You just disturbed the fly and now it is buzzzzzzing all around." The little man wiggled his fingers around like a buzzing fly. "We have to see where it lands before we swat at it. Will she stay in this building? Will the building be condemned? Will she move on? I don't know, but I'll find out. And I know about all this, because I've been keeping my eye on this one." He gestured with his thumb toward the building. "Been doing some research too." He grabbed the beaded door hanger and twirled it on his finger again. "So, here's the plan. You go home and live your lives for the next week or two. When the dust settles here and I figure out where the witch is, I'll contact you. If you are interested in getting some payback . . . and if she hasn't killed all of you by then, we'll meet and I'll tell you everything you need to know. And this way, if I'm just crazy, you'll never have to think of me again."

Offline salun

• Riddleseeker
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
"This sounds absolutely surreal, but put together with all the stuff going on in there, I'm about ready to give it a go" Josh looks around at the others, an unspoken question on his face.
Regards
Salun

Offline Mort

• Baron
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
"Great," the little man said. He produced a handful of business cards and handed them out. The card was white and completely blank except for a phone number with a Florida area code. "Once you get home . . . or wherever you are going, call this number. No one will answer, but it will capture your phone number, so I can reach you when I know something." With that, the little man grabbed his stuff, hopped into his car, and drove away, leaving the team standing in the gravel, watching the chaos continue to unfold around them.

Offline salun

• Riddleseeker
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
"Right - this is just plain wierd, nothing less. But I don't know, should we perhaps get each others phone numbers as well? If we experience or remember something out of the ordinary?" Josh pauses for a bit "Or more out of the ordinary than this at least..." he nods at the building, while pocketing the business card.
Regards
Salun

Offline Mort

• Baron
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
In short order, the team was back at the ambulances, being carried to the hospital for a final evaluation. As the ambulances pulled away, the team could see a line gurneys being rolled out of the building from the back. They were bringing out the dead in body bags.

At the hospital the group lost track of each other. The police arrived to take their statements, but they were not much interested in the story of the attack on the stairs. When the building had been evacuated, no one had been found on the stairs. With no one to press charges against, statements were taken, but little more. The detectives said they'd call if anything turned up.

The team was quickly released from the hospital, but they heard news that Gina was being held overnight for evaluation . . . and there were whispers of a psyche evaluation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk