Author Topic: Part One The Unsung Saga  (Read 26099 times)

Offline rdanhenry

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
  • When the GM asks "Are you sure?", say "Not now."
Re: Part One The Unsung Saga
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 04:38:11 AM »
OOC: Do we know if he would have also taken an oath to protect Svengar?
I'm sorry, but I fumbled my "think of clever signature" roll.

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »
As he was part of his crew and guard then yes.

Offline Dalewarrior

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
OOC: We should take him to the king's presence; there he has to answer all questions truthfully; are there more men in the village that went beforehand on the trips with Svengar?

Offline doorknobdeity

• Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
The Finn stands at the back door of Ozgar's home, idly vandalizing the doorframe with his whittling knife. He had tried to listen to the squabble going on at the other end of the house, but it sounded like things had calmed down again. He awkwardly makes eye contact with Gizur.

"So. How's the family?"

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
OOC: We should take him to the king's presence; there he has to answer all questions truthfully; are there more men in the village that went beforehand on the trips with Svengar?

Magnor is respected and is Bodvars righthand man, everyone in the village knows him and his word is nearly as important as Bodvar.

All the others left the only one to remain was him as his wife is pregnant.

Oaths in this period are very important, but it's obvious he is conflicted as Svengar is his friend, but Svengar has made him swear to keep quiet, a little nudge in the right direction will see him crack (askell can see this).

I apologise for the progression of this, no ones fault, but you take for granted the speed of exchanges when face to face. Sorry if it's to slow for some people, but I promise it becomes more action packed and bloody later on.  :fight2:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:19:08 PM by bigsteveuk »

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 01:10:07 PM »
(CoC is best with a slow build of pace, like any good horror tale. No need for apologies! The game is afoot.....)
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline rdanhenry

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:57 PM »
"I apologize if I gave offense," says Hoskuld. "I meant no insult. It seemed to me that your loyalty to Svengar would make you continue his ruse unless it was made known to you that it had already failed. If you are sworn to secrecy, that is a serious matter, but are you not also sworn to protect Svengar? Would he be gone so long if all were well? We are his only rescue, but how are we to aid him if we know not where he was bound? It seems to me you must choose which oath to keep and which to break."

Offline doorknobdeity

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
You think I'm turning to petty vandalism because of the pace? No, my friend, petty vandalism is my character's raison d'etre. He will be chiseling graffiti into the wall even as the shoggoths strip the flesh from his bones or whatever.

Offline revnye

• Squire
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
He awkwardly makes eye contact with Gizur.

"So. How's the family?"

Gizur replies to Finn
"They fare well. Always plenty of work for Thorfin. Much as there is always much work for your father. I see that even now you practice your craft, with diligence like that I know the Ravenar must be a fine vessel."

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
"I break this oath only out of the love for Svengar and in the hope it may aid his return. As you have already discovered these hunting trips have been a ruse to hide our true course.  Svengar has gone and fallen in love, now it couldn’t be with some wench or some suitable woman, no it had to be Wanda daughter of Ketil. Yes before you say I know of the danger, I have told the fool, but they are young in love and blind to any risk. So for the last three seasons we have been going to Falkstad and they have been meeting in secret. Now that he has failed to return I fear that her father has imprisoned of possibly killed my lord".

OCC:
Any who is either involved or listening to this conversation?
Make a know or own kingdom roll

Offline rdanhenry

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »
OOC: I think I'm better off with my 60% Know than 1% Own Kingdom (We live in... Narwhal, you say?)
Rolling 1d100:
(16): Total = 16

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »
Eske (who is eavesdropping from outside)
know roll
Rolling 1d100:
(44): Total = 44

Offline doorknobdeity

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
"They fare well. Always plenty of work for Thorfin. Much as there is always much work for your father. I see that even now you practice your craft, with diligence like that I know the Ravenar must be a fine vessel."
Finn interposes himself between Gizur and his graffiti, which is in fact a crude carving of Svengar being eaten by a sea serpent. "Yes, she's a wonderful girl, and I can only hope that our pilot can do her justice. Not that it matters now, what with being sent to chase after the chief's boy instead of raiding like we were meant to." Finn is still defensive about his sparse beard, and was hoping to prove his manliness by stealing himself a wife, perhaps from Ireland as his uncle had. Finn is not pleased that he slaved over the ship for so long only to be denied the expected rewards.

Eavesdropping:
Know 50
Rolling 1d100:
(97): Total = 97

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »
Askell

(OOC: Know Roll: 55, Kingdom Roll, 50)..

Rolling 1d100:
(40): Total = 40

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »
Know or Own kingdom roll reveals

Blood Feud
You know that an event like this could cause a blood feud which could be initiated by either side. This would not be a little scuffle, but bitter warfare including knives in dark alleys and full blown open battles that could last generations.

You also recall that Bodvar seemed very distraught and is known for having a volatile temper and hasn't had a kind thing to say about either Ketil or his holding Falkstad in over 15 years.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:47:12 AM by bigsteveuk »

Offline rdanhenry

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 04:56:05 AM »
Hoskuld
"Is there anyone else in Falkstad who is friendly to Svengar? Wanda will not be the easiest person to speak with. Indeed, if he met with mishap on his journey rather than in Falkstad, it might be safer if the lady did not know of it until the matter is settled."

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »
“To be honest we arrived in Falkstad openly offering trade or just using the place as somewhere to stretch our legs. Though Bodvar is not keen on the place or its leader Ketil there is no open hostility between us or them, so it was a safe place to go.

Because of the danger the whole affair was kept secret so apart from Svengar, the crew and, Wanda no others were made aware. The only one who may know something was Roza who was one of Wanda’s slaves and a maid.”

OCC:
Falkstad is in Iceland

Offline Usdrothek

• Grey Council
  • Prince
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:25 PM »
Eske

Listening under the eaves, the young navigator smiles as he hears of Svengar travelling to Falkstad.

Ah, Falkstad. Excellent.

His mind is already drifting to possible courses to the distant land across the seas. He cant wait to be plowing through the waves, with the salt water spraying across his face.

Offline rdanhenry

• GamesMasters
  • Baron
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
 Hoskuld nods. "Thank you, Ozgar. This gives us some chance of success. I have only one more question. Did you ever encounter trouble on the journey there or back, something dangerous at sea that might have caught him: maelstrom, sea monster, or hostile ship?"

Offline bigsteveuk

• Knight of the Quest
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 07:30:49 AM »
"No we had no such troubles and saw no ill omens".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk