Author Topic: Cadwallon  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Blaquesmith

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • Get Karmic!
    • My DeviantArt Gallery
Cadwallon
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »
I'm just curious about which non-so popular systems the people around here uses.

I, for example, have a few games published in spanish (as far as i know, some of them not published in english or another language).

Then there's Cadwallon. The game from the french company Rackham, also published in english but, i think that sadly is not very popular around the english-speaking community (a pity, because the game is also in english, and its fantasy background is one of the best i've seen).

Which other games do you know about?
Gamemaster of Old WoD. You want some? Click Here! ->The Turning Wheel of Ages<-
Recruiting for Buck Rogers in the XXV century: ->Click Here!<-
My DeviantART Picture Gallery
"Hello, my name is Íñigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -Íñigo Montoya.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
Re: Cadwallon
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
I've got a copy of Cadwallon, haven't had a really in depth look at it yet... certainly beautifully presented. Nice dice mechanic. Looks like it was intended primarily for use with figures... not a bad thing. They are very nice figures.

You roll a number of dice associated with an ability, then add a modifier. Here's the quirky bit. Out of the dice you roll you take the highest one and add one to the result for each additional dice that came up the same number.

Example: 4d6 +4. You roll 6,6,3,1 = the result would be 11 (6+1 (for the additional 6) +4 (the modifier)).

Offline Blaquesmith

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • Get Karmic!
    • My DeviantArt Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »
I really love cadwallon, and the figure part... well, you can overlook it and do a more narrative-style play. About the designs and the miniatures... well, one of my friends was working in Rackham and sculpted many of the Cadwallon miniatures, and he's really good.
Gamemaster of Old WoD. You want some? Click Here! ->The Turning Wheel of Ages<-
Recruiting for Buck Rogers in the XXV century: ->Click Here!<-
My DeviantART Picture Gallery
"Hello, my name is Íñigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." -Íñigo Montoya.

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »
You roll a number of dice associated with an ability, then add a modifier. Here's the quirky bit. Out of the dice you roll you take the highest one and add one to the result for each additional dice that came up the same number.

Example: 4d6 +4. You roll 6,6,3,1 = the result would be 11 (6+1 (for the additional 6) +4 (the modifier)).

I like that mechanic, very simple and great to not have over powerful characters.....
Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 12:08:54 AM »
You asked. . .here you go.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk