Author Topic: Blood and Sand - Character Development - Harwel  (Read 725 times)

Offline Noir

• Baronet
  • Skadoosh!
Blood and Sand - Character Development - Harwel
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:35:41 AM »
Please develop and post your character in this thread.
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.

Offline Harwel

• Banner Bearer
Re: Blood and Sand - Character Development - Harwel
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:26:29 AM »
The wiry young man has darkly tanned, almost walnut skin that speaks of a lot of time in the twin suns despite his youth.  His hair is shoulder-length, a lighter brown than his skin, bleached a bit by the sun.  His blue eyes seem to be everywhere at once, and are not yet tired from the glare of desert sands.

"So you need a guide?  I'm your man.  Name's Aris.  I just ask for an equal share of whatever we may find.  Equal share of the danger, equal share of the profits.  Fair, right?

What's that?  I seem a bit young for a desert guide?  Don't be fooled by age, friend.  I've been huntin' in this accursed desert since I was old enough to hold a spear.  My Pa taught me everything he knew.  I know where the oases are, where the cool caves are to hide out from the midday suns, and where to avoid.  And I can shoot the head off an asp at 20 paces," he adds, patting the longbow next to him.

He looks down again, and flakes away another piece of the flint arrowhead he's shaping, then examines his work.  "So what do ya say?  We have a deal?"

Let me know if anything here seems wrong or if I overlooked something important for a hunter / desert tracker type.  Hope the gear is OK.  A "knapping kit" is basically an antler or sharp bone, a couple of smallish hand-sized egg shaped rocks (hammer stones), and a leather pad.  Maybe a small copper tool for making notches.  It all gets wrapped in the leather pad when not working.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Noir

• Baronet
  • Skadoosh!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:38:16 AM »
Very nice! I think we can call that approved and finalized.

Would you mind helping people who need/want it with the character design process?
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.

Offline Harwel

• Banner Bearer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:44:15 AM »
I wouldn't mind at all, anything I can do to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk