Author Topic: We Also Walk Dogs  (Read 12847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mek42

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 207
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »
Zoltan

Zoltan nods to himself as he takes in the experience.  I am in the audience of power here.  I believe the unprivileged masses would use the phrase, 'Crushed like grape,' to describe the effects of stepping out of line here.  He then glances at Soma-boy.  Then again, there seems to be much wider latitude of what is considered out of line here than one would normally consider.  Nonetheless being in the line usually gives the best chance of receiving a share of the power.  Zoltan once again looks around and takes in his surroundings.  I should not be surprised, given this ostentatious display of power, if even my / our* thoughts are being monitored.  I must learn to protect against this.  Ah well, I am sure that my own ambitions are but trifles to whoever holds this kind of power.  Besides, they obviously want others of power, not a bunch of unambitious peasant slime-molds.  Zoltan unconsciously glances again at Soma-boy as this particular thought crosses his mind.

Zoltan then takes the seat that seems most likely to be meant for the third highest position within the group of summonees.  Survival is always the first rule.  I can always take my rightful position of leadership once I know what is going on here.  Until then, I must be wary of, ahem, 'Crushed like grape.'

* Zoltan is thinking of his own thoughts at this moment, but as he does so, realizes that whatever he is possibly vulnerable to here, so must his lessers.

Offline EmptyHand

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »
The Guy

Damn soma-shìt and goddamn pills.
The tall man feels so drugged he is barely capable of thinking straight. Well, probably he isn't at all. By the way, he is smart enaugh to understand that he would better control his bursts of anger - something that normally is very, very hard to do, but is easier now "thanks" to all the constraints he's subject to.
I don't like that. I don't really like that. Look at him, he feels so powerful, so full of himself, he proud pompous son of a bitch.
"You'd ... You'd better have... a good reason for that..." he mutters, doing his best to control himself. Well, he actually manages not to jump on the table and drive his big punch through the old man's chest, at least. "Who do you think... we... are, your whores?" he finally says. He doesn't feel angry, to tell the truth, due to the contitioning pills, but he has a reputation: he can't behave like an damn obedient sheep. He doesn't want to end up like the spineless cowards surrounding him, silently swallowing their pride and taking orders as they were his slaves: he is good at his job, they need him, he can afford a little impudence... And if this means problems, he simply doesn't care.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:38:11 PM by EmptyHand »
Everything that has a beginning
               has an end.

Offline Humabout

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • *
  • Posts: 450
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 06:22:58 PM »
The Guy:

"Ooo...You bear have...a goo reazhun fer tha..." the Guy slurs as he continues to hopelessly fight the soma.  His ill will is obvious, despite the hallucinagenic depressant's effects.  "Whoo d'ya thin...ee...are, your whores?" he slurs at his host, completely oblivious to the man's power.  At this final word, the President's smile seems to darken and become more sinister.  Everything about him seems a little redder and more diabolic; in fact, both he and his desk appear to be getting larger.  The Guy blinks for a moment and tries to shake off this illusion, but when he returns his gaze, the crimson-hued president seems to have sprouted a barbed tail and is at least 20 feet tall.  Beneath the edifice-like desk, the Guy sees a pair of cloven feet and hairy goat legs.  An overwhelming sense of fear overtakes him as he cowers before the great devil.  Hundreds,--no thousands,-- of green demons march and sway around him to a very disturbing march.

Everyone Else:

It would seem that the Guy's negative emotions have managed to actually overpower the soothing effects of the soma and turn his trip bad.  He begins to slowly squat and look further and further up at the president until he is lying flat on his stomache in the grass staring at his feet.  He seems to tremble in awe and fear as he cowards from the wind-blown grass.  You hear him mutter something about being taken away by green demons.

The Presidentsmiles at the Guy and remarks to no one in particular, "Next time, up his dosage to one gram."

The same female voice as before responds, "Yes sir.  Would you like me to administer another half gram now?"

The President responds, "I don't think it will be necessary. He doesn't seem likly to hurt anyone in his current state."

Fear-7 = 7, 3d6 = 9.  The Guy is scared of the twenty-foot tall devil and his thousands of green demon minions swaying to a symphony of destruction.
The keenest blade is righteous hatred

Offline Silverthorne

  • GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 813
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 07:34:36 PM »
Aisia

Aisia checks her towel and sits slightly off-center. *No Use showing off whats not for sale.*  the images do soften her coldness slightly, she smiles only to herself and it does not reach her eyes.

Offline Red

  • GamesMasters
  • Herald
  • *
  • Posts: 52
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »
Marcus
Marcus is ever the professional.  He takes the largest seat available and sits in an upright, alert position.  A slight scowl crosses his face, and you get the impression that he does so quite often.  

He gives a slight, respectful nod and then responds with the same intense and deep voice, but this time with a bit of energy at talking to a... live being in front of him.

"Mr. Selûne, I understand you to be a busy man and would not have called us so if it were not a contract of import.  So let us get to the details, if you do not mind.  I have things to attend to beforehand." His tone is even, and his body language passive- but it is easy to see this man is never fully at ease.  
Things are seldom as they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.- Inquisitor Titus Drake

Offline mek42

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 207
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 09:59:10 PM »
Zoltan

Zoltan continues to sit in silence.

I've read the thread to date and have no reaction to what is going on other than to continue waiting for the boss's briefing.

Offline Humabout

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • *
  • Posts: 450
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 12:16:48 AM »
President Selune leans back in his chair and turns his attention to the rest of you.  He adjusts his wire-framed glasses (surely only for effect, as most people just have their eyes fixed these days), and begins the briefing.

"I am sure you would appreciate an explination as to why I have called you here before me.  As embarassing as it is to say, it would appear that one of our opperatives has run off with some rather important goods.  Your job will be a simple rundown.  We want our goods back.  We don't particularly care about the opperative.

You see, we had brokered a trade with another firm involving some expensive supplies in exchange for several Earthling artifacts they discovered.  Unfortunately, our man appears to have made the trade and run off with our artifacts.  I can tell you that the exchange was to be made at an instilation in the heart of the Amazon about 10 miles north of what is left of Cuiaba.  We have already contacted the other firm, and they will be expecting you at the facility in a few days.  We'll transport you to Marstown where a local contact will assist you in finding transportation and traveling supplies.  Remember, you are going to Earth.  I don't need to remind you to be prepared for Weird.  Good day."


With his final word, the world fades into a blinding brilliance.  A moment later, the white fades to gray, and then to normal vision.  You are lying on the floor beside where you were before the dream.

I was actually waiting for Gherardo, but we're moving on again.  My gerbile-scale attention span is wandering to other shinies.  Incidentally, this is your chance to mention what you are bringing to Earth and any ast minute preparations you wish to make.
The keenest blade is righteous hatred

Offline EmptyHand

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 01:06:19 AM »
The Guy

Dammit!
Muttering curses to himself for how silly he must have seemed during the briefing, the broad man nervously walks along his small and dusty hotel room, throwing everything he may need into a couple of black bags.
Who does he think he is... God himself? Injecting here and there as he likes, to keep people at bay? Screw him!
He focuses his anger on the old man, even if he knows, deep inside, that he's angry the most with himself for having shown weakness, whining like a little girl when under the effect of the hallucinogenic drug. And he really, really can't stand this.
I swear, the first of those dandies who tries to make fun of me, he'll be dead before he can finish the sentence.
With these dark thoughts running through his head, he checks and double checks his guns and gets finally to the door, heading for the place set for the rendezvous.

I assume he is taking all of the equipment that might be useful for the mission. He doesn't own much more than that, so he's actually taking everything he has, leaving the hotel room without any intenction of coming back.


Rolling 3d6:
(4+5+3): Total = 12

Rolling 3d6:
(2+6+1): Total = 9

Rolling 3d6:
(3+4+1): Total = 8

Rolling 3d6:
(3+1+5): Total = 9

Rolling 3d6:
(2+5+5): Total = 12
Everything that has a beginning
               has an end.

Offline Silverthorne

  • GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 813
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »
Aisia

Aisia gets up and finishes her shower.  A minor annoyance stiffening her spine.  She cleans all her weapons and stores them.  "Pack all the jungle clothes you got for that trip to Rio.  Better not, most of them would be too tight for you now.  Too tight in the top." She taps her account and sends requests for jungle gear to her normal sources, delivery date in the morning.  She checks the time and sends a quiet prayer heavenward.  "Watch over me, till we can be together."

Offline gherardo

  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • ROLEPLAYBLOG
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »
Cordell Reller

...be prepared for Weird. I hope so. I would encounter a new Ontoclysm-generated species. It could be a great opportunity to study her!
Even if still dazed, Cordell appears enthusiast to explore the Earth. He forgets the holo-soap and in less than an hour packs for the mission and leaves his flat for the assigned meeting place.
I jumped in the river and what did I see? / black-eyed angels swimming with me / a moon full of stars and astral cars / all the figures I used to see / all my lovers were there with me / all my past and futures / and we all went to heaven in a little row boat / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt...

Offline mek42

  • Knight of the Purple Sash
  • **
  • Posts: 207
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
Zoltan

Zoltan logs on to his investment services and does what he needs to do prior to an extended time away.  He closes some positions, sets trailing stop limit sell orders on others and sells covered calls on the positions he is holding onto regardless what happens on the trip.

While online, he orders three sets of sharp looking utility outfits suitable for jungle wear.  The priority for him is function and appearance, not heat.  He orders them extra starched and promises double pay if they show up in an hour or less.  He makes it clear that his order is to be canceled if they do not arrive by the time he has left.

He then gathers his staff, a couple other crystals and reviews the available databases regarding the Amazon.

Offline Red

  • GamesMasters
  • Herald
  • *
  • Posts: 52
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »
Marcus
Marcus continues his nightly stretches and exercises, without too much thought of the events just moments prior.  

While his body hardly produces anything worth washing away, Marcus takes the time to take a long shower before heading to his personal vault, for it would probably be a while before he changed clothes.

He puts on his personal protective equipment before stepping into and donning his Power Armor.  He runs all diagnostics and tests all equipment, and while doing so makes sure his database on jungle combat, flora/fauna, hazards, and survival are all up to date.  

He makes a mental note to pack extra thermobaric grenades as well as a few other fire starting devices, just in case he needed to burn down a few hundred acres.  

About 90 minutes before the usual waking hour, Marcus checks in on every room to make sure everything is sound, as well as recording a video message detailing his travel plans.  He makes a digital note to remind him to call when he reached Marscity.  

Fully loaded out in combat kit and packed for a journey, Marcus heads out from his home towards the rendezvous.  He might startle someone, standing at nearly 10 feet in his jet-black battlesuit and with several loaded weapons; but he was Marcus Cassius Seneca-he doesn't really care.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:25:58 PM by Red »
Things are seldom as they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.- Inquisitor Titus Drake

Offline Silverthorne

  • GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 813
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »
Aisia

Aisia finishes her packing and gathering.  Packing all her weapons in the diplomatic pouch she always uses.  Anything inside is considered a diplomatic article and therefore not allowed to be searched or scanned.  She nods pleasantly to the Corp image on the wall.  "Thank you sir for the pouch.  It comes in handy so very often."  Her clothing is loose and designed for her.  She slips on her travel suit and slips the lock closed on the diplomatic bag.  Now she looks like any other secretary on a diplomatic delivery.

Offline Humabout

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • *
  • Posts: 450
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »
Packages arrive, Couriers are paid, and all is well as it always should be on such a happy moon as the only moon to be called The Moon.  Maybe that's why other people call the locals Lunies.

Each of you make your way to Luna Spaceport, where the familiar side of transparent bubbleships floating away into the inky darkness of the Lunar sky on their brief journey to Earth.  As you walk, you are bombarded by thousands of advertisements, commercials, waking dream infomercials, billboards, signs, slogans, brand images, theme songs, gimicks, salesmen, pitchmen, and jingles.  Good old Luna.  She is as relentless as a solar flare.  Finally, you make your way to the same terminal where a hologram of an attractive woman is scraping the slime off of a walking space-trout and smearing it on her face with an absurdly large grin.  Standing at the check in desk is a man you think you've seen around the office before. (Alvero, that's you.  I leave your description and entrance in your hands.)

An aside, Lunar travel to Earth typically involves entering a magic bubble that hurtles toward the planet at breakneck speed like a comet, crashes into the atmosphere, adn then floats down to the surface.  There is no artificial gravity in it, and the effect is extremely unpleasant and disorienting.  It is fast, though.  The trip itself only lasts a coupel of hours, with descent taking up another fifteen minutes.

The keenest blade is righteous hatred

Offline EmptyHand

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 23
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
The Guy

Noise, confusion, crowds: there's everything the Guy needs to get very nervous. He is obviously in disconfort here, and you can sometimes see him turning his head suddenly, as if hearing someone or something talking to him. He scowls at the annoying advertisment of the "robo-toothbrush, programmable for ten degrees of increasing whiteness!", looks away when someone is looking at him, and does his best to hide his uneaseness - hopelessly. We even have to use that damn magic bubble... Couldn't they afford a decent ship instead?, he moans with himself, though he knows there's no point in complaining, now. He can't help it but dislike magic, and this, along with all the tedious environment and the problems crowds can cause him, is giving him a nasty headache.
Then, reaching the terminal, he draws the attention of the man at the check desk with a very loud cough, hoping to make it quick.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:48:00 PM by EmptyHand »
Everything that has a beginning
               has an end.

Offline Silverthorne

  • GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Quest
  • *
  • Posts: 813
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 02:40:21 PM »
Aisia

Aisia walks up to the counter and sets her ident on the scanner.  She smiles to the attendant and logs in.  She quietly waits for the departure announcement. 

Offline gherardo

  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • ***
  • Posts: 474
    • ROLEPLAYBLOG
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
Cordell Reller

Cordell, as almost all the humans, doesn't like the magic bubble. The sense of frailty that a vehicle as this can inspire shakes the nerves of who doesn't use it on a regular basis.
He reaches the terminal and waits patiently, repeating to himself that the magic, after the Ontoclysm, is a stable component of the universe, as the gravity.
I jumped in the river and what did I see? / black-eyed angels swimming with me / a moon full of stars and astral cars / all the figures I used to see / all my lovers were there with me / all my past and futures / and we all went to heaven in a little row boat / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt / there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt...

Offline herr_alvaro

  • Messenger
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • "Oh my god... a new rule book!!!"
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 11:11:23 PM »
Gabriel

“Standing at the check in desk is a man you think you've seen around the office before.” Perfectly groomed and dressed like a movie star, the man standing at the desk smiles at the newcomers as they arrive. His pearly white smile gives everyone the sensation that they are being greeted by a dear old friend.

Well, top of the morning to you Sir, you must be one called “The Guy”... Gabriel extends his hand towards the man, the beautiful leather of his gloves invites a handshake yet he doesn´t waits for it to keep talking ...my name is Gabriel, pleased to meet you. Before he could get a response from the man in front of him two more of the group members arrived.

Gabriel looks at the girl first then the other man. Without taking his extended hand from infront “the guy”, he looks at the Girl. Good day Ms. Aisia, my name is Gabriel and I´m at your service. Now he looks at the man. Mr. Reller, my name is Gabriel please to make you acquaintence. Gabriel moves so he can be right in front of the three members before starting to talk once more... never does he loses his captivating smile. Lady and Gentlemens, from now on I´ll be your link with the Corporation. Please do not think of me as an spy nor a burden... looks at everyone on their eyes before continuing ...I can carry my own weight, although not as good as some of you... he chuckles a little ...but you will see, in time that I can be a valuable asset for our little trupe. Looks his left sleeve and then he makes a quick scan of the terminal. We are in good time and we only need to wait another member before we departure. Straightens, needlessly, his flawless suit. Now, is there any questions???

Offline Red

  • GamesMasters
  • Herald
  • *
  • Posts: 52
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »
Marcus
Marcus, sans helmet, frowns passively as his (very) heavy footsteps mark his passing around the group towards the check desk.  Being checked, he makes his way to the launch terminal.  

With a half-glance back at the rest, in his gravely voice he adds:

"Let us be off, then.  Before there is any more... baggage to pick up."
Things are seldom as they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.- Inquisitor Titus Drake

Offline Red

  • GamesMasters
  • Herald
  • *
  • Posts: 52
Re: We Also Walk Dogs
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »
Rolling 3d6:
(6+4+1): Total = 11

Rolling 3d6:
(6+5+5): Total = 16

Rolling 3d6:
(5+5+6): Total = 16
Things are seldom as they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.- Inquisitor Titus Drake

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk