HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2018, 05:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 344268
  • Total Topics: 7398
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39
Total: 39

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Er... Hi  (Read 1468 times)

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
Er... Hi
« on: December 09, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
Hello there,

I'm EvenAngels, or Gazz for short. =) I used to roleplay Vampire: The Masquerade a few years back, but that ended when I moved countries from England to Bulgaria. Recently i've been doing PbP "freeform" roleplay on a Gundam SEED RP forum, and that rekindled my interest.

I'll be honest, I originally came here for the resources section because I am hoping to eventually start my own Gundam SEED RP forum. However, I don't like just wondering around a forum without making the effort to fit in and meet people there, so... hi! =)
Auxiliary CE - A Gundam SEED semi-AU role play. Ready to play, just a few details to work out. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
  • Count Cat's reign of Terror in Sang Sur Mes Dents
Re: Er... Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:50:54 AM »
Hey Gazz, welcome and glad you found us!

Anything you need, just ask.

If you want to join a game, pop over to the recruiting thread (http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=58.0) and see if anything takes your fancy

enjoy!
Keeper for:

Sang Sur Mes Dents (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London after Vampirism has been made legal. On hold but coming back.......

Sang Sur Mes Dents - Relinquo Cometes (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London seen through the eyes of a Vampire. On hold but coming back.......

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Thank you both for the welcome. I'll have a look around the games later on today after work! =D
Auxiliary CE - A Gundam SEED semi-AU role play. Ready to play, just a few details to work out. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Offline arakish

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • A joy of mine
    • World of Onaviu
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
Well come, indeed.

Browse around and have a look.

And, welcome aboard.

rmfr
"Borders exist only because man imagines them; otherwise, there are none."
— RMF Runyan @ Invite Only Discussion Panel Seminar on 'Borders' @ UNM

Offline LadyCatreece

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • Working....
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:08:10 AM »
Hey there!

Oh, I LOVE Gundam SEED! I always liked the Gundams but never had a chance to watch it all form start to finish. (I think that the Gundam series is the longest in anime: It should be, since it started out in 1979, paused, came back in 1981 and has pretty much been on since)

*Confession time!! Ok, don't laugh, but when I work out my arms and abs, I turn on YouTube. Their is a video of all of the opening and closing theme songs from the Gundam SEED series. It is very keen!

Anyhow, welcome aboard. If you need anything, just ask!
Nya!

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:36 AM »
Thank you both. =)

@LadyCatreece: Don't worry. I have every single soundtrack to Gundam SEED and Destiny. =) As for loving Gundam, I have seen almost every series... I'm a bit of a fanatic about it really.

EDIT: Actually, I do have one question... I wanted to make a topic asking for advice on merging a simple battle system with freeform literate roleplaying, but I don't know where to put the topic. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:08:20 AM by EvenAngels »

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »
welcome aboard.........

Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »
Thank you both. =)

@LadyCatreece: Don't worry. I have every single soundtrack to Gundam SEED and Destiny. =) As for loving Gundam, I have seen almost every series... I'm a bit of a fanatic about it really.

EDIT: Actually, I do have one question... I wanted to make a topic asking for advice on merging a simple battle system with freeform literate roleplaying, but I don't know where to put the topic. Any suggestions?

to start with, open a new topic here: http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=64.0
its our General RPG stuff area.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:23:11 AM by illucypher »
Keeper for:

Sang Sur Mes Dents (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London after Vampirism has been made legal. On hold but coming back.......

Sang Sur Mes Dents - Relinquo Cometes (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London seen through the eyes of a Vampire. On hold but coming back.......

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »
btw, where abouts in Blighty are you from?
Why did you decide to become an expat?

Tell me to mind me own business if you want, but just curious :)

I'm ex Bury (Lancs) and January 09 will be my 6th anniversary of being in Shanghai PRC
Keeper for:

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
I'm from Sawtry, near Peterborough (Cambs) which is about 2 hours drive from Bury.

I became an expat simply due to cost of living originally. Everything is so much cheaper in Bulgaria. Now, however, I have a job as IT Support in an estate agents which may be moving to Spain in the coming month, so I'll be going with them. =)

What's Shanghai like?

In a few years I hope to move to Japan, preferably Kyoto, Okinawa or Tokyo, but China would also be cool.

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »
Enjoy Spain! One of my aunt's moved there 5 years ago; mind you my uncle misses his local pubs and moans constantly about the heat :)

Not been to Japan....

Shanghai is amazing and well just brilliant! I live way out of the downtown area so it is very rare (about 10 spottings in 3 years) that I see another foreigner in this area. My spoken Mandarin is slowly getting better, but all the staff in my local shops know me so help me out :)

Given the choice of Japan or China, China wins hands down (but that's just my opinion)
Keeper for:

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 09:41:21 AM »
To be honest, I don't know a lot about China, apart from I was taught to cook by a chinese chef who had just recently moved over to england and could hardly speak english... :P What's it like to live over there? What are the people like?

I know in Japan that if you don't make the effort to fit in with their customs, they won't accept you. Is it the same in China? And what is the general view of foreigners in China?

Sorry about all the question... =)

EDIT: Oh! And I just noticed you're post about where to put my topic. Thank you. =)

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »
People in China are generally nice and helpfull (even the ones who can't speak English.

Out where i live, when I first moved to this area, people would stare (Downtown city centre is 16km away, but most folks here stay here), but after a couple of weeks the novelty wore off and they accepted the fact that I am here.

One thing that they DO in my area is not revert to Mandarin when they speak, they only speak in Shanghainese which is the local language (NOT dialect, separate language). So when I go to the shop, the lady will tell me the price in Shanghainese not Mandarin......but not in a nasty way, she will then (if needed) show me the price on the cash register so I have a fighting chance :)

All-in-all, aint never going back to Blighty.
Keeper for:

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 11:36:43 AM »
Is Shanghainese very different to Mandarin then?

The people there sound like they're a lot friendlier than the people outside the city centers in Bulgaria... Everyone over here tries to scam foreigners out of money unless they are in the city centers... But then, that's probably because the only reasonable places to get an education/job etc is in the city center or the resorts...

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:45:51 AM »
if you go to one of the 'touristy' areas the price for x will start at foreigner rates ie price x (10 to 100(ish)); haggle and it comes down, walk away and it goes down to what it should be..so same here.

Out in the sticks, they don't try and cheat (well not often) and if they do a simple giggle and a shake of the head tends to drop the price back to reality.

Shanghainese is utterly and totaly different from Mandarin

Example. You talk to a guy from Aberdeen, chance are you won't understand him fully cos of the accent and dialect, but after a couple of goes chances are you get the point.

Mandarin vs Shanghainese

Mandarin ni hao (hello)
Shanghainese nong ho (hello)

M zhi jian (bye)
S zai hui (bye)

Keeper for:

Offline EvenAngels

• Messenger
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
Wow... That really is different... So it's worth learning both, I take it?

I must say I enjoy learning languages, so it would be quite fun to try and learn them both... I'm going to be learning Russian and Japanese soon for work any... =P

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 12:08:23 PM »
mandarin is hard work, Shanghainese makes Mandarin look easy :(
Keeper for:

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »
Welcome to the board.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Advertisement