Author Topic: Combined Diplomatic Correspondence  (Read 20187 times)

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Combined Diplomatic Correspondence
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:57:19 AM »
1901 SPRING

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:06:55 AM by Celedor »
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
Re: Combined Diplomatic Correspondence
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:01 AM »
(To Austria)
  I am thinking Lepanto Strategy. Are you familiar with it?

The last game I played Italy (about twelve years ago), I offered this to Austria and he said that he would wait and see. I told him that Russia and Turkey were working against him (they were and I knew it). He said that first turns were not the time to make decisions. He was crushed in about two years...

With that said, I am offering an alliance between Italy and Austria as my first action.

Raf
(From Italy)

Greetings Sultan,

The Prime Minister of Italy sends well wishes to the people of Turkey. As we have a common neighbor, I wish to hear of your intentions. It is certainly possible that we can come to an understanding.

Italy

(To England)
     The Prime Minister of Italy sends greetings and well-wishes. I inquire about a common neighbor- France. What are your plans? I seek a nonagression pact at this time.

Italy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:07:18 AM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
(to France)
     As we have a common border, I suggest we make an arrangement. I will take Tunis, while you take Iberia (Spain and Portugal). We can keep away from each other and have a non-aggresion pact.

Italy
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:33:50 AM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:27:17 AM »
     The newly elected Prime Minister of Italy welcomes the Kaiser to the realm of diplomatic intrigue. While we have no common borders, we have some shared neighbors- France and Austria.

Italy feels that it is in both our nations best interest to keep Austria as a buffer against the east. The Czar and Sultan are threats once they begin to grow. A viable Austria will help both our causes.

Germany has potential to grow quickly. If you plan to target England, you will need to build fleets in Kiel. Otherwise, you are usually better off with armies. If you go against England, I suggest making an alliance with Russia or France. Russia can build fleets on the north coast of St. Petersburg: this is a direct challenge to england. Russia will ask for Norway and Sweden, and possibly part of England.

If you choose to head east against Russia, then you will need an arrangement with France (probably non-aggression pact) and an alliance with England. England will want Sweden, Norway, and St. Pete, while you get Moscow and Warsaw.

Heading west against France is fairly simple. First you claim the lowlands (Belgium and Holland). These are neutrals, and won't resist. ;) You can also send something to Denmark. This is dependent on peace with Russia and diplomacy with France and England. If France and England have an alliance, you can work with Russia to ply Norway off England. In addition, I should be able to assist against France after I secure Tunis.

The last option (heading into Austria) tends to get Germany killed. Russia and Turkey grow quickly, and create a united front. The only time to do that is if Austria attacks Germany. Feel free to respond as needed.

Italy

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
If you (i.e. Italy) don't take an aggressive stance towards us (i.e. France) by moving to PiedMond or Gulf of Lyon, the French Government would be happy to oblige and let you occupy Tunis.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
Hello Great Britain.
How do you fare in these dire times ?
Not so good as the Germans are arming themselves. The reports we have from our agents across the Rhine tell us of armies gathering.
With their eastern border secured by their Austrian allies they will have to come towards us and we hope have our longtime allies alongside to fight off the menace that threatens to swallow the whole Europe.

While we will move to secure our border with them, would you mind threatening Holland and Denmark ? Establishing a beach head in Norway would do you some good too, to counter any Russian move in the Baltics.
(from France)

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »

To: French Ambassador

I am looking to block Germany from expanding. I will be moving my fleet to the English channel as a purely defensive move. Perhaps you could work on taking the base in Spain as I look to secure my borders.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
Hello Germany.
We wish our neighbours a bright future in these bleak times.
We know that your situation is as 'not-so-good' as ours and that's the time when people should stick together.

If you sign with us a pact of non-agression, we would support any move of yours northwards or northwestwards whle we quell the Iberian Peninsula.
If we learn of any actions against you by your eastern neighbours, we will gladly tell you of their schemes.

(From France)

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »
(To england)
Please let's not take a bad start.
You fully know that any move on our part towards the Channel could be misinterpreted as the first step towards an invasion of the homeland.

Instead, don't you think that if we move our fleet to Picardy we could support your move to Belgium from the North Sea or at least blocking any german attempt into it on our own, leaving you free to threaten Holland and Denmark.
(from France)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:12:42 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
King Croaker of England to France

I can honestly say that we bear you no malice at this time. We were approached with a letter from Italy inquiring as to our intentions towards your country. It is simple. We have none. I will secure the english channel and bottle up the German fleet. It is simply for security. As of now, perhaps if we vow to leave each other in peace for the time being, you can focus your efforts towards Italy and Spain, I will contain Germany for now. How would that be. I would suggest that stalemating our moves to defend ourselves will give you fits when Italy comes for you.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
To : King of England

While I understand your concern about the Germans, you cannot fail to realize that we cannot authorize a move of your fleet into the Channel.
We will see any such move on your part as direct threat on our homeland,
and we will act in consequence.

Such happenings between us would only make us laughingstock in Germany so i urge you not to do so.

Best Regards

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »
To: French President

While you have couched your intentions in all kinds of flowery phrases, we are not stupid, or amused. We can see the map as well as you and realize full well that if you into try and occupy Belgium, that leaves Portugal and Spain as uncontested bases of supply. We will have to contest Germany for any base in Holland, and the only possible reason that you feel the need to move towards Germany is to try and choke us from Belgium. Please do not insult our intelligence anymore. We may feel compelled to decide that our intentions towards France are to wipe it from the map with our allies Germany and Italy. Think seriously about being isolated against three foes. There are no others to help you if you persist in this folly. Take your bases in Portugal and Spain and be content. Leave us the English Channel and Belgium and we will leave you.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 05:26:38 PM »
To: Prime minister of Italy

You recently asked our intentions towards France. At the time we had no intentions. However after recent contact with the French ambassador, we can say that our intentions are to eliminate the French as soon as possible. They have insulted our intelligence and have proven that they have designs on isolating us from the mainland. I would propose that our nonaggression pact included mutual support and brutal violence on France.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
His majesty King Croaker I of England would like to greet our German neighbors.

As we have exchanged insults with France, our original intention of occupying Belgium and Holland no longer seems as important. We would like to make a pact with you. The agreement is we will concede Holland to you uncontested. You concede Belgium to us. We will then move against France.

Do we have an agreement?

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »
To : Russian Emperor

Greetings to you,
As our countries have a long standing of friendship, i send this to you.
England has made threats to us, trying to cow us into non action while they move to threaten our coast.
The most stupefying fact is that they boast of their allies !!
Quote from: CroakerDogBoy
... with our allies Germany and Italy...
We were shocked and we are afraid for future of whole Europe if such scourge is let free.
If it was not the case, I urge you to move deeply in the Baltics to get into a threatening position for both Germany and England. They must be made to know that other countries will not let them do as they please.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
To : Austrian <fill in the blank>

Greetings to you,
Our countries may not be neighbours, but we are not willing to let you go blind to a great threat, so i send this to you.
England has made threats to us, trying to cow us into non action while they move to threaten our coast. The most stupefying fact is that they boast of their allies !!
Quote from: CroakerDogBoy
... with our allies Germany and Italy...
We were shocked and we are afraid for future of whole Europe if such scourge is let free.
I recognized the severe blow that could be dealt to you by both Italia and Germany, so i must recommend you to rescind your bonds with Germany to talk them out of this folly. Thus you will be able to deal with §Italia as you see fit.

Sincerely Yours.

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »
(To TURKEY) (see next message)
To: the Czar of Russia

What say you watch our back and we will watch yours. We will deal with the other issues before you and I go at it. I will take Norway through the North Sea. You move on Finland. I am going to settle France's nerves as the first order of business.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:32:08 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
(To Turkey)

Please disregard the prior message. It was in the wrong envelope.

Go Turkey.

(From England)

(To Russia) for real this time

To: the Czar of Russia

Dear Czar

I believe it would be in our best interests to work together. I am going to move to cut off France as best I can. I will occupy Norway, and will not contest your occupation of Sweden.

Do we have an agreement?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:04:57 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
To the Esteemed Leader of Germany,

Greetings, my northern friends. On behalf of the people and government of Austria-Hungary, we wish to extend an open hand for potential future relations. Although there is no contested neutral territory between our borders, I certainly think it valuable for both our nations to respect and preserve each others' territory.

In the spirit of friendship I offer you this... We will make no movements towards the provinces of Bohemia or Tyrolia without first alerting your foreign minister to our intentions. (Should it be necessary to occupy these territories to repel a threat from one of our other neighbors.)

Obviously, in return I'd hope and expect that you'd promise to likewise not violate the sanctity of our borders.

This detente would allow our people to concentrate on potential issues in the South, while allowing your nation to look to the North. Certainly, as the countries in the center of this potential firestorm, us attacking each other would only serve to embolden those who see our nations as easy prey. By not fighting each other, I believe that alone will make us both stronger.

And if you are interested in pursuing a further alliance, a partnership once we have both established our initial footholds... I would certainly be open to discussing such options.

Good luck in these times that are soon to be troubled... let us not be the ones to trouble each other.

Ambassador Güs Gustaferson,
Diplomatic Attaché to his royal highness, the Archduke Ferdinand

Offline Celedor

• Crown Prince
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »

Greetings,

I find it strange that one country that is so anti-Europe and all things non-French is asking help from the Russian people. It is true that my business in Europe will affect many differing nations, but my intentions are not decided as to how to act. If coorporation with the French people is in the best interest of Mother Russia, then what support would you provide?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk