Author Topic: WWII Supers - Dranthor's Character  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Re: WWII Supers - Dranthor's Character
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 01:07:02 AM »
I gave you 10/10 force field, instead of the increase in PD.

I gave you 3" of flight, which is barely any, roleplaying lack of control or I could up the inches, and give you an activation roll. . .perhaps make it a really HARD activation roll, saying you don't know how to use it well (or even reliably)? "No concious control" limitation + Flight is good for comedy, but not much else.

[attachment deleted by admin]
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Round Table
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 01:28:19 AM »
would be hard to activate. I figure she doesn't realize she has it yet and when it happens will be something of a supprise. then she will work on getting it under control. Make it a hard activation roll. no conscious control limitation works.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
8- activation roll now. . .this work?

[attachment deleted by admin]
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 01:45:59 AM »
it is perfect thank you now I'll do my background

Offline Dranthor

• GamesMasters
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 11:57:06 PM »
A litlte about JoAnna Kuzz

Appearance
1.   Describe yourself as someone meeting you for the first time would see you. Race? Gender? Age? Size? Coloration? Attractiveness? Dress? Do you try to emphasize or hide any of these features? I am a 5’5”  wt 125# female looking about age 16. Rather attractive but with a firm jaw line and eyes that seem to look right through you.  My hair is light brown and I have dark brown eyes.  I look like a typical teen, the type you could find at any high school in USA town.  Hair is darker in winter and lightens during summer or with sun. When she dresses up to impress she is very very attractive. However most days she dresses to be typical middle of the road. When she dresses for work she makes sure she looks competent as being a female doctor in this time frame is rather difficult. 
2.   What other details would someone notice on a closer look? Do you have any distinguishing marks (birthmarks, scars, etc.)?  She has no specific special birthmarks or scars however an xray would show she broke her right arm in three areas when she was younger.
3.   Do you have a distinctive way of speaking? Any mannerisms or other memorable behavior? She speaks as if she is having to talk “down” to people at times. Very egotistical in the fact she is extremely intelligent and knows it.  She absolutely hates to be told she can’t do something just because she is a female.
Birth & Family
1.   Where and when were you born? Do you know your exact birthdate? Did anything unusual (storms, accidents, deaths, etc.) happen about the same time, with which some people might still associate your birthdate? 11/15/ (year -16) She was born two months premature.  Her mother had moved from Germany to NYC, NY USA migrating during the pregnancy.  When she asks about her father she is told that he is dead. However she knows that her mother is lying about that.  (background is that her father gave her mother something in a syringe when she was less than a month pregnant.  Her mother suffered for about a month afterward.  The medication did something to her mother, and her mothers DNA.  It also affected her DNA. How ? not sure)
2.   Who are your parents? Names? Occupations? Social class? Were they married? Are they still alive? When she asks about her father she is told that he is dead. However she knows that her mother is lying about that.  (background is that her father gave her mother something in a syringe when she was less than a month pregnant.  Her mother suffered for about a month afterward.  The medication did something to her mother, and her mothers DNA.  It also affected her DNA. How? not sure). 
Her mother’s name is Hilda and she remarried a man named Samuel who is a USA citizen.  The two of them had three children together. She is the first child and the only child of her father.  Her father is a Nazi scientist.  (she is unaware that he is still alive and unaware of his name.  )
3.   Do you have any siblings? How many? Gender? Older or younger? Are they still alive?  She has 3 younger siblings, 2 brothers, Sam, and Dave and a younger sister Susan Sam is 5 years younger than her, Dave is 7 years younger than her and Susan is 10 years younger than her.  Her mother had a difficult time conceiving after she was born. Once she remarried

4.   Do you know any members of your extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins)? Her extended family is through her step-fathers side of the family. She knows next to nothing about her mother’s side of the family, other than that her mother was originally from Austria.
5.   How did you get along with your family?  She lover her mother and step-father. She however does not have a lot in common with her brothers and sisters. She tends to think of them as rather stupid or a bother (typical sibling rivalry)
Education & Work
1.   Did you serve an apprenticeship in order to learn your current profession? For how long? Very intelligent she graduated from high school before she turned 7 years of age.  A child prodigy she had her PhD is biochemistry and microbiology by age 9 and finished medical school at age 10. By age 11 she had passed the state bar exam and was a practicing physician. While getting her PHD in the sciences she took an elective in cryptology and found she enjoyed it.  She took every class she could on the subject and found herself to be extremely good at it. Always learning languages easily she speaks four fluently. English, German, Spanish and French.
2.   If you were not an apprentice, how did you learn your trade, skills, etc.? Formal schooling? Informal teachers? Self-taught?  Martial Arts she started at age 10 with her brother.
3.   Who was your master or teacher? (Race? Gender? Appearance? Personality?) Is he/she still alive? How were you treated? Are/were you on good terms with your master? My step dad was my inspiration telling me if I wanted something bad enough I’d find a way to get it. He also wouldn’t let me settle for less than I could be often pushing me further than I thought I could go. He was very progressive. He is the one who pushed me to learn other languages and even pushed me into my love of math.  He was a medical doctor and a second generation immigrant. His parents spoke French and so did he. My mother spoke German. I learned German, English and French from them and later picked up Spanish in high school.
4.   Are you literate? How important are letters, books, etc. to you? Do you carry any writings and/or writing materials with you on your adventures? Am very literate. At my residence will have various journals related to medicine, and science. Also several cryptology books.  Am very interested in learning new languages so tend to pickup language books where ever I go and try to learn the language
5.   Do you have a job other than "adventurer"? Who do you work for? (Or are you self-employed?) How much of your time does this job require? I am a doctor with emergency medicine background.  I am also a cryptologist and sometimes will help out with codes.
Friends
1.   Who were your friends as a child? As an adolescent? As an adult?  My best friends include Tamara, Samantha, and Tina.   They are still alive. Tina is engaged to a very nice lawyer.  Samantha is married and has a baby.  Tamara is became a nurse and plans to work in the emergency room at a local hospital. 
2.   Who is/was your best friend? What is the most memorable thing that the two of you ever did together?  Tamara is my best friend and we were in girl scouts together. We got many of the badges together.
3.   What do you look for in a friend? Someone who doesn’t judge me because I am a female. That accepts me as I am.  That doesn’t treat me as a ‘freak’.
4.   Have you ever been in love? Was it reciprocated? Do you have (or have you had) a boy-/girlfriend, a lover, or a spouse? More than one? Are you looking for one? What do you look for in a romantic partner? I’ve never had time for love nor have I found any male who would accept me as I am.
Attitudes & Beliefs
1.   What are your beliefs about religion and the afterlife? Do you follow any particular god or gods? What appeals to you most about this religion? Least? Raised Catholic, appealing least to her is the fact that it is male leaders only.  Appealing most about this religion is the structure, use of Latin language.
2.   What is your moral code? Under what conditions will you kill? Steal? Lie? Do you have a personal code of behavior about violence? Magic? Sex? Dealing with evil beings? I follow the Hippocratic Oath I took and would not kill another. I would have no problem, lying or stealing if there was a great need. I would however have to atone for it if I did as my catholic beliefs would require it.
3.   How committed are you to seeing through something (a task, quest, bargain, etc.) that you have started? Totally committed. Was taught never to leave something undone.
4.   How important are the following to you?: Power? Wealth? Fame? Honor? Family? Friends? Love? Knowledge? Religion? Your job? To what lengths would you go to acquire or preserve these things?  I don’t need power just the ability to do what I am able without being told I can’t because I am female. Wealth could be nice but you can’t take it with you so just enough to be comfortable would be nice.  Sometimes I would like not to be so famous as a young doctor. My honor is most important as a person is nothing without honor.  I value my family and would do anything to protect them.
Edges & Flaws
1.   What is you especially good at? What sets you apart from the rest of the world? A skill? An unusual knack? A certain flair of style or wit? I am very good at cryptology, and am a very good doctor.  I am very nice looking and can ‘dress up ‘ to look stunning.
2.   What flaws do you have? Bad habits? Obsessions? Terrible (or embarrassing) secrets? I am extremely confident in my abilities which has a habit of rubbing people the wrong way.  I also will not take no for an answer when it is something I want to do.  And don’t ever I mean EVER tell me I CAN’T do something because I am a female  If you do, I’ll prove you wrong.
3.   Do you have any enemies? How much trouble do those conflicts cause you?  I have a professional rival Male. The only thing I can think of is that because I am female I caused him problems. He is probably one of those that think women are good for only one or two things. I don’t fit that mold.
Likes & Dislikes
1.   What do you love? (People? Places? Creatures? Kinds of food? Activities? Subjects?)  I love hot Spanish food, and hamburgers.
2.   What do you hate? How do you typically react to these negative stimuli? See flaws above
3.   What do you fear? What is your worst nightmare? That I will fall in love for a man who won’t allow me to be myself and therefore will be unhappy in love. My worse nightmare waking up without legs or arms and having to be taken care of totally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk