HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2018, 10:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 344232
  • Total Topics: 7395
  • Online Today: 51
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Player Points  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Player Points
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »
We will be awarding points to Players, to recognize superior play.

There are three ways to earn a Player Point:

Any member nominated for Player of the Year (MVP) gets +1 point.
http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2409.0

Any member who has a post placed into the Canton (HoF) gets +1 point.
http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=227.0

Great games take great GMs, AND great players. . .so any time a GM gets a GM point, they will be given the right to give one player point to any or all of the players in that game.
http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?topic=2910.0

Working on the tally now, I will post the listing once I have the preliminary numbers in place. It may take a while for responses from all the GMs awarding points to players to come back to me.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline rafmeister

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
Re: Player Points
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »
     Does that mean that I only give player points to those in the closed game? (That is the one I received my GM point for.)
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
Basically. I sent PMs to all the GMs who got GM points. They can give player points to the players in the game they got the GM points for. One per player, they can give all the players in the game a point, some of them, one of them, or none of them.

i.e. if I get 1 GM point for "Masters of the Universe". . .I decide He-man, she-ra and Battlecat were all important to the game, Man-at-arms only posted twice, and skeletor was a pain in my arse until I was forced to boot him out of the game. I give He-man, She-ra and Battlecat 1 player point each, the other two I choose to give nothing.

I am not asking any GM to explain or justify those calls, just "You got 1 GM point for game X, which of the players in that game deserve a player point?". . .and I'm keeping the results confidential. the player points will just show up in the aggregate numbers. . .which are also affected by other sources (including other games.). . .
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:31:56 PM by Celedor »

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »
While only the Grey council can give GM points, thus allowing a GM to give player points, and the Gamemasters as a group only make nominations for Player-of-the-year once a year (which will happen again in january) anyone, at any time, can nominate exceptional posted moments to the Canton/HoF via the link above. . . .

So if you think someone is a great, but unrecognized player, find a post that demonstrates how great they are, and nominate it via the 2nd link in the first post. Every post that makes it into the HoF earns the player who posted it a player point. . . .