Author Topic: WWII Supers - Rules, Rules Questions, General Bitching  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
Re: WWII Supers - Rules, Rules Questions, General Bitching
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 07:01:21 AM »
I must admit that the absence of hit location does make things a lot easier. . .it really only matters for that edge, when you'd almost inflict a few points of stun or body. . .

Helen #2 (in the adjacent hex) has the statement of screaming out and then punching Adler in the tenders.

Booyah! Take that, monkey boy! Is he down now? <grin>

like punching a brick in the tenders. . .be nice to have that x1.5 stun multiplier for a shot to the vitals there. . .I suspect instead helen hurt her hand punching some proverbial and literal stones. . .
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Noir

• GamesMasters
  • Baronet
  • Skadoosh!
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
Nazis don't have genetalia, they breed by fission.
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
In that case it's better that nobody played an Arthur type, as excalibur would just multiply them by assisting their reproduction.

Offline LadyCatreece

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • Working....
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 07:48:11 AM »
So if I punch him in where the hoohoo-dilly would be, and he does not have any, then what would I actually be hitting?
Nya!

Offline Sorloc

• Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »
Pared off the brown, nasty parts into another thread, hopefully it can wither and die there, alone and neglected.

Any questions, comments, criticisms NOT related to someone else's character are welcome!

:yes:

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline epohfossol

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • "I'm a high priest Vatican assassin warlock!"
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »
Nazis don't have genetalia, they breed by fission.

I just realized that I can't go around shooting Nazi's with my Atomic Energy Blasts no longer.....I will be multiplying and assisting thier reproduction....What a problem I have now!  :rolleyes:
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  - Vizzini

Offline Sorloc

• Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
"Mister Anderson!"

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline epohfossol

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
  • "I'm a high priest Vatican assassin warlock!"
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
"Do you hear what that sound is? It is the sound of ineviatiability Mr. Anderson.."
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...  - Vizzini

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 06:09:51 AM »
Suggestion: Unless you intend for each chapter to be a time skip, spend out experience over the game, slowly, a point at a time.

HERO makes for really good slow power development. . .take a power at it's minimum, say 1d6, slap disads on it like a high activation roll to push it down to a cost of 1, so you develop a really unreliable new power, which you later put point after point into until it's a decent, reliable power. . .

Or

Develop a power you already have, but do it 1 point at a time, so it only gets a little better each time.

Or

For powers with point increments of 2+, you train at it, and only get the improvement when you get the 2, 3, 5 or whatever amount of EXP you need to go up one step with it.

It lets characters develop in a more organic manner, where "Spend 10 EXP" ends up with a more leveling feel of jumping up to a new plateau.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk