HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 340571
  • Total Topics: 7343
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 12
Total: 13

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Kaelon

• Page
    • Aelyria
Greetings!
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
Hello there!

I've often seen rpgRM on the Die Roller's Top 100, but only recently was drawn to it when some of my site's users recommended it as a good hub for general role playing discussions and community game-building.  Allow me to introduce myself:

As long as I can remember, I have always loved role playing games, and I am blessed to currently do full-time what I love: I own and operate the oldest and largest play by post game on the Internet, Aelyria.  I'm also an avid fan of many table-top systems , and will eagerly admit that I am a bit of an MMORPG fanatic (starting in the days of The Realm, through EverQuest to City of Heroes, and even today with EverQuest 2 and World of Warcraft). 

I hope to hang around here, meet new players and game designers, and exchange ideas.  Thanks for the great site!

Best Always,
Kaelon
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 04:35:14 PM by Kaelon »

Aelyria :: www.Aelyria.com :: the Original Play by Post game

Offline rafmeister

• GamesMasters
  • Earl
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »
     Welcome. Just to warn you, d20 is not played or discussed here. Rolemaster and more esoteric systems are featured. For example, I am ending my RMFRP campaign and starting a sci-fi game based on MechWarrior (first edition) rules.

I suggest that you visit the recruiting section if you are interested in playing. Other sections handle game system discussion.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Kaelon

• Page
    • Aelyria
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up and the warm welcome. :)

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
We're not foaming at the mouth over it, it's just that d20 so dominates the landscape, it's hard to keep up a clear spot to play other things.

We most of us started out playing d&d or AD&D, and have fond memories. (Or currently play d20). . .this is just a "Freeport" of sorts for any of the smaller systems.

Welcome to the board, I think I've seen your banner before, trying to recall where. (And I think I've seen your board on effies also).

Have fun!
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
  • Count Cat's reign of Terror in Sang Sur Mes Dents
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »
Welcome and enjoy!
Keeper for:

Sang Sur Mes Dents (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London after Vampirism has been made legal. On hold but coming back.......

Sang Sur Mes Dents - Relinquo Cometes (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London seen through the eyes of a Vampire. On hold but coming back.......

Offline Kaelon

• Page
    • Aelyria
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:05:11 AM »
Thanks!

Re: d20 systems, while I definitely appreciate Dungeons and Dragons, and have participated casually in a few table-top groups over the past few years, I definitely have always preferred free form, lesser-known, home brew systems, and that's what principally drove me to rpgRM. 

Are there any specific forums you recommend for discussion on free form or home brew systems?

Thanks!
Kaelon

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »
There's a "Systems" board for any actual, pre-existing published systems. (if there's one not there someone wants to discuss, just post into the main thread, likely it'll end up having a new sub board created for it.)

http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=93.0

The "Development" board exists for the discussion and development of new rules, rules systems, or the general discussion of gaming rules not part of an established system (i.e. tweaking anything already created & Published belongs in "Systems"). A good example here is "Rope", which is Sir Wolf's homebrew game system.

http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=169.0

The Worlds board covers home brew worlds:

http://www.rpgrm.com/rmsmf/index.php?board=88.0

anything else would fit generally in the Development area.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:26:51 AM by Celedor »
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Dame Eldgeth

• RPGRM 2007 Player of the Year
  • Grey Council
  • Viscount
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 04:42:52 AM »
Welcome!
Hope you have a good time here.  As you can see, if you have any questions just ask.

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 04:52:20 AM »
Hello and welcome!
I wiped the foam off earlier, and I swear that wasn't me throwing buckets of d4s on the D&Ders coming out of the game store.  I wasn't even in that neighborhood! <foam>

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:06:53 AM »
Welcome aboard...

I've just published your link request, thanks for the reciprocal.

Hope you enjoy it around here, you look like you have a good site that must keep you busy....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:13:10 AM by ictus »
Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline Kaelon

• Page
    • Aelyria
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
@Celedor: Thanks for the board advice!  I look forward to discussing home brew systems, and world design with fellow gamers here. 

@Eldgeth:  Many thanks!

@Sorloc: Sounds good!  Like I said, though I appreciate d20 and what WotC have done for table-top gaming, I've always felt that something free-form, home-brew, and original can allow players to really submit to the creative and imaginative process in ways that established, large-scale systems really cannot.

@ictus: Thank you, and thanks for the reciprocal link!  Aelyria is working to build better web relations with other hubs and major sites as we continue to attract larger and more diverse audiences, so any advice that you might have on other sites with whom we should partner is always most welcome. 

@Ironmaul: Thank you!  I shall be seeing you around!

Best always,
Kaelon

RPGNow.com