HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2018, 02:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 339460
  • Total Topics: 7326
  • Online Today: 32
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 27
Total: 29

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Hey Gang!  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Taurren

• Page
Hey Gang!
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:40:31 AM »
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to take a moment and say "Hi" to everyone here.  I'm a longtime RM, RQ, Exalted, AM, WoD, nWoD, Pendragon, IK, Amber, Harnmaster, B-tech, Torg, Paranoia, Artesia and D&D GM and player, who is hoping to get in some PbP gaming goodness. 

So can anyone point me in the direction of a good game?  ;D

I'm also up for a GM'ing a game if there is some interest.

Aside from that important stuff, I live in the US North-West and have been gaming for more years than I care to remember.  My ultimate GM'ing goal is to have a long running Mage game using the Planescape setting.  To answer your unasked question ... yes I am that crazy!

I guess that's it for the moment.

Take care and game on.

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
Re: Hey Gang!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:40 AM »
Hello and welcome!

The right direction...?  Well, you're already there!  The only thing to do is choose.

A good place to start is Recruiting.

You can just look around, and post in any of the non-game forums you like.

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline Dame Eldgeth

• RPGRM 2007 Player of the Year
  • Grey Council
  • Viscount
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 02:07:23 AM »
Hey Taurren, welcome to the board!

You want directions to a good game, the Recruiting Board is the place to go.
Sounds like you have experience in a lot of games.  Trust me, if you hang out here you'll learn even more.

(shameless promotion)
A couple of games are looking for new players.  Not that I mention them because I am playing in them ;)
The Vienna Legacy, RMSS with the Pulp Adventures Sourcebook.  Set in 1930's.  Right now we're on a train in Argentina in the middle of a firefight with banditos.  Indiana Jones style fun.  Don't let the large amount of previous posts stop you, you can pick it up from here.  
County Mordara, Powers and Perils.  I know that isn't one of the systems you listed, but it's still a darned good game (yes, more shameless promotion!)  It's a more "traditional" medieval-type setting with elves, dwarves, etc.  Right now our party is working on a peace treaty between the humans and the elves.  

If you like the techo-world, daveyash is trying to get up a ShadowRun game.  See his post in the Recruiting Thread.

If you would like to run your own game, even better!  We have a pretty active community here.  Everyone is looking for a game.  If you have questions, please ask!

Offline rafmeister

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 03:10:39 AM »
     Rise of a Dark Lord is a moderate level Rolemaster camapign (start around 6th) being started. Ranger is setting it in Middle Earth, 4th age. Rules system is Rolemaster Classic. Core character classes only, but no orc characters. :(

Campaign is called Rise of a Dark Lord.
"Hold still while I get that squirrel off your face with my morningstar."- Aloysius (first level magician).

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 03:31:22 AM »
welcome welcome. . .

Peruse the recruiting board, jump in. . .or start up a recruiting thread. . .or both.

If you have any questions, post em.
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
  • Count Cat's reign of Terror in Sang Sur Mes Dents
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 03:40:15 AM »
Mornin'!

Glad you found the place, hope you enjoy your stay here :)
Keeper for:

Sang Sur Mes Dents (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London after Vampirism has been made legal. On hold but coming back.......

Sang Sur Mes Dents - Relinquo Cometes (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London seen through the eyes of a Vampire. On hold but coming back.......

Offline Taurren

• Page
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll start poking around and seeing where I can jump in.  I've got almost a complete set of the RMSS books, but I've been looking for a reason to pick up the new RM Classic, so maybe this could be the reason I need to buy the books.  I'll have to check my HP's (Husband Points) and see if I have enough to get the books.

On a seperate note, does anyone here play any Mage: The Awakening?  I really love the oMage game, but the nMage is growing on me as well.

Offline Kalu

• GamesMasters
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »
Welcome Taurren! :)

You may also be interested in the Run it please? topic in the Recruiting section. It could act as a kind of shortcut if you want to start a game.

//K
Creator of the game setting Taras.
Game master of the RMSS game The Journey to Selaset.

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead...
[Johnny "Dread" Wulgaru in Tad Williams's Otherlands quadrology]

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 10:56:09 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll start poking around and seeing where I can jump in.  I've got almost a complete set of the RMSS books, but I've been looking for a reason to pick up the new RM Classic, so maybe this could be the reason I need to buy the books.  I'll have to check my HP's (Husband Points) and see if I have enough to get the books.

On a seperate note, does anyone here play any Mage: The Awakening?  I really love the oMage game, but the nMage is growing on me as well.

I had lots of fun with Mage: Ascension, but know nothing about the new version.  I'm an Ars Magica fan, and as Mage was based off Ars, it was pretty interesting as well.  The only problem I had was trying to be 'hermetic' - when fighting a bane, I used matter to create a battlesuit, and forces to use a laser cannon on the beast.  Fortunately, the only witness was a werewolf, or I would have exploded from the paradox.

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 03:05:26 AM »
Welcome Aboard, it looks like your already being pointed in the right direction, so all I can add is just have fun....
Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline arakish

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • A joy of mine
    • World of Onaviu
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 03:26:22 AM »
Everyone else has beaten me to the directions, thus,

Have fun!  and  Welcome!

rmfr
"Borders exist only because man imagines them; otherwise, there are none."