HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 09:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 340557
  • Total Topics: 7343
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: Yo!  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Ramoran

• Page
Yo!
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »
How's it going?  Andy here.  I've been playing Spacemaster 2nd ed at my local shop for a few months and am developing an interest in Rolemaster.  I don't have any core books as of yet, but once I get ahold of them you'll definitely be seeing more of me here.

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
Re: Yo!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 12:14:33 AM »
Hello and welcome!

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:17:52 AM »
Welcome Aboard.....

here's a great place to develop your interest, so hold on and have fun, any questions just ask we all like answering them.
Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline Sloth

• Knight of the Sword and Stone
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 03:57:11 AM »
It´s nice to know there are others..
I´ve been a gamer for eleven years, althogh lately only in theory, there being only so many people gaming in this outer rim of civilization.. ;)

Offline illucypher

• Forum moggy
  • Earl
  • Count Cat's reign of Terror in Sang Sur Mes Dents
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »
morning and welcome to the boards
Keeper for:

Sang Sur Mes Dents (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London after Vampirism has been made legal. On hold but coming back.......

Sang Sur Mes Dents - Relinquo Cometes (Call of Cthulhu), gothic horror in Victorian London seen through the eyes of a Vampire. On hold but coming back.......

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »
Many Greetings!

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
  • "Don't mistake my white hat for stupid."
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »
welcome. . . a lot of the games here, you likely don't need to actually know the rules to play. . .
If You're Just Lost and Don't Know Where to Start, [Click Here]

If you're having a forum problem [Click Here] and post in Job Tickets

Offline Ramoran

• Page
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:50 AM »
welcome. . . a lot of the games here, you likely don't need to actually know the rules to play. . .

Like which ones?

Offline Archmagician

• Messenger
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 06:38:46 AM »
Welcome. Feel free to ask questions, I definitely know Rolemaster 2 inside and out.
Airborne All The Way!

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 03:28:35 AM »
Look into the recruiting board, and ask questions.

Some GMs are looking for advanced players, some GMs expect a bare minimum knowledge of the system, and some are willing to take on a noob.

In many cases, the system is most important to the GM, not the players, so your noob status won't matter much. . .(If a game looks interesting, tell the GM you're a noob and ask if it's a problem, I'll bet most would be willing to take you.)

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »
Sometimes it's actually preferable that the player not know the system... UNlike (another system I could mention), most systems don't have a 'you can't do that' clause (because of profession, race, class, alignment, etc), but rather have modifiers or simply don't have a restriction there.
When you don't know the system, you can't PLAY the system, you can only play your character.  the GM can handle system stuff, and keep it behind the scenes.

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 12:12:20 AM »
Sometimes it's actually preferable that the player not know the system... UNlike (another system I could mention), most systems don't have a 'you can't do that' clause (because of profession, race, class, alignment, etc), but rather have modifiers or simply don't have a restriction there.
When you don't know the system, you can't PLAY the system, you can only play your character.  the GM can handle system stuff, and keep it behind the scenes.

100% agree. That is what the GM is there for. However, he should also be free with suggestions/hints, where knowledge that the character may have affects play. E.G. Spells, what they do and how they work..

My cavet always is if you want to play a magic-user and you don't know the system then you should ONLY do so at very low levels, where the ignorance of the player can be excused/explained by the inexperience of the character.

Offline Ramoran

• Page
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:29 PM »
Huh...interesting.  Well, I've played Spacemaster and have a rudimentary knowledge of the general Rolemaster/Spacemaster mechanics, I just don't own any of the actual books.  My main problem would be character creation in those situations, as I could easily download a sheet, but would have no clue what to do with it.

Offline Celedor

• Grey Council
  • Crown Prince
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »
The last 5 games I played here:

Grinnen Baeritt gave me a handout character for his RMSS/CoC game.

Xerb asked a bunch of questions, created my RMFRP Orc Sorcerer for me.

Grinnen Baeritt gave me a handout Orc Leader (And a handout set of Goblin soldiers) for his War Law game.

I used HARP lite (The Free PDF) to create a character for a HARP horror game. The GM then re-did it with input from me, using the full HARP rules.

I created a character for RM2 for Mr Wolf using his home-made RM2 spreadsheet. (XLS, it did all the calculations, all I had to do was roll and assign stats, then pick skills.)

Ao, out of 5 games, had to make characters for 2, but really just 1, since that HARP character was re-done for me by the GM since I only had HARP-lite.

future fantasy tabletop role play game, sic-fi and fantasy writers links to www.swordandsigil.com