Author Topic: Arashi  (Read 1988 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Arashi
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
This is a solo adventure board for Arashi.  Arashi, GM, and specified players may post here as the adventure dictates.

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
After making what preparations he needs to, Arashi steers his bike downtown.  Turning onto Seneca, the runner pulls up near the Seattle Utilities Building.  Making his way to a side entrance, he descends some stone steps into the basement as dark clouds above rumble with thunder.  A large ork at the foot of the steps gives him the once over, sneering.  Still, he swings the door open and Arashi enters into the Big Rhino restaurant.

The dark basement bistro is crowded with the large dense bodies of orcs, trolls, and other such metatypes.  Up on the spotlighted stage a foul mouthed ork comment spouts out jokes in rapid style, occasionally meriting a volley of thrown food and bones when his jokes aren't good enough.  Arashi quietly makes his way across the room, waving off a tusked waitress who tries to seat him.  Weaving between tables, he notes the steaming piles of meat, both cooked and nearly raw that fill each table.  As he passes one large table he swears that some of the food is still wriggling.

Finally he spots his target at a table against the far wall.  He is a huge orc with a cybereye in his left socket and a neatly trimmed beard and moustache trimmed in a mephisto cut. He is well dressed in a Lavange-Armani suit.  A beautiful human blonde in a low cut dress lies against him caressing his arm.  Two heavily modified trolls flank the table.

Offline jwarlander

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 34
Re: Arashi
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:31:43 AM »
Arashi

Having noted any possible escape routes and useful interior features of the bistro on his way, Arashi tries to wipe out his facial expression of slight disgust at the local cuisine.. All business, he approaches McGruiter, grinning confidently. "Slick as usual, and with company to match the man. Ready for biz?"

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
McGruiter looks up as he stabs a long, steaming chunk of eel.  "Have a seat.  Order something if you want.  We need to talk about this request.  Maps of the underground aren't just handed out like corp flyers...".  He brings the eel to his lips and slurps the length down his throat swiftly.

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
As Arashi remains silent, the big ork continues.  "Assume you have biz in the area.  You probably can't say where.  A map would cost you big time.  The way I see it, a guide would be better.  He could show you only the paths you need, when you need them and no more.  You would have to vouch for you and your team.  They would have to listen to the guide's every direction while underground.   Wouldn't like having to make you forget something you shouldn't have seen."  McGruiter punctuates his sentence by piercing some kind of big centipede-like bug that has tried to escape his plate.

Offline jwarlander

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 34
Re: Arashi
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Arashi

Arashi nods thoughtfully. "A guide.. Which is an additional risk to me, of course, and an additional factor to consider when planning." The asian assumes a concerned frown. "It could work, but I need to confirm the deal." Flashing a grin, he continues, "Also.. guide or not, I doubt you've taken up charity, so what'll it cost me?"

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:38:24 PM »
"Depends upon length of service, but nuyen is so fleeting."  The orc gazes over at Arashi across the table while sliding his nearly empty plate to one side.  "Perhaps we could do each other a favor instead.  I may have a job for you by week's end.  Let's say the guide is a deposit on your services."   He smiles with his fangs glinted reddish from the bloody meal he just consumed.

Offline jwarlander

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 34
Re: Arashi
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:55:28 AM »
Arashi

Peering suspiciously at McGruiter, Arashi finally shrugs and replies with a jaded grin, "Sure. I know I'll get ripped off no matter what I do, so I might just as well squeeze out what I can in advance."

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:38:10 PM »
"Then we can consider this a contract?" McGruiter inquires holding out his hand to shake on the bargain.

Offline jwarlander

  • Banner Bearer
  • ***
  • Posts: 34
Re: Arashi
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 09:48:02 AM »
Arashi

With a nod, Arashi shakes McGruiter's hand. "Now.. How do we handle the practical details? I should be able to meet up with a guide up sometime after 11:00 in the morning tomorrow, but it might have to be in a rush depending on circumstances."

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 11:37:55 AM »
"If your job is at night, as most are, I suggest a meeting in Touristville an hour or two before your job.  Give me a call later to set it up."  McGruiter leans back and stares with a leer at one of the women.  "I have other business now.  You can show youself out."

Offline Talbot

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Round Table
  • *
  • Posts: 564
Re: Arashi
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 10:27:05 AM »
Arashi nods and departs the table.  Owing a favor may be a cheap way out in the short run, but such a debt could be dangerous if he does not discharge it quickly.  Considering this he heads home to rest before the 11am meet.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk