HOME DOWNLOADS

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2018, 02:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 339460
  • Total Topics: 7326
  • Online Today: 32
  • Online Ever: 348
  • (February 22, 2011, 07:24:31 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 26
Total: 28

Dice Roller

Type of Dice Number of Dice

Author Topic: 20 Question Introduction  (Read 35413 times)

Offline Quixotic

• Page
Re: 20 Question Introduction
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »
1. What is your first name?

John

2. How old are you?

3. Are you married?

Yes

4. Have any kids?

Yes, two boys ages 2 and 5

5. What nationality are you?

Canadian

6. What part of the world do you live in?

Canada in North America

7. What is your occupation?

Computer System Analyst

8. What would you like to do for a living?

Computer Architecture

9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ?

Sociological Engineering and Environmental Impacts

10. What do you think is your biggest talent?

** Censored **

11. When did you start role-playing?

12. What game world/system did you start playing with first?

D&D Basic

13. What is your favourite genre(s)?

Medieval Fantasy

14. What is your favourite character class?

Alchemist

15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both?

Depends on the medium and group

16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)?

No

17. Does anyone else in your family role-play?

Not if my wife can help it.

18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group?

No

19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us?

I decided to play again over the internet.  I blew the dust off my Rolemaster books
    and decided to search for a board that hosted that game.  This seemed to be the
    only place.

20. Could you please explain your username?

The word Quixotic is all about being idealistic without worrying about the practicality
    of what you are doing.  I used to use this handle a long time ago and the pursuit of
    roleplaying games certainly falls into the category.  My ideals may not be as noble as
    Don Quixote but my attitude towards roleplaying are similar.

Offline Sorloc

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 01:22:29 AM »
If anyone was offended by my answer to #19 before I changed it, I apologize.  It was not intended as a comment upon any specific person here, nor was it intended to over-exaggerate my contributions over anyone else's.

b.t.w, Who is handling the off-site adverts? I have a game that will be needing players.

"Terrible what passes for a ninja these days" -- Pops Racer (John Goodman), Speed Racer (2008)
"How hard can it be?" -- Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Temple of Doom (1984)

Offline ictus

• Administrator
  • Earl
    • rpgResourceMasters
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 06:55:03 AM »
If a GM wishes to advertise their game off site, they are encouraged to do so, and link banners are supplied in the portal section of the site, which has become very popular of late, and in terms of downloads per month is higher than the original site.

OFFICIAL COMMENT
I hate hypocrisy too, I also hate ungracious and bad behavior, trolling by accident or design will not be tolerated however many posts a person makes, and however subtle they attempt to make it. This is a place for friendly calm behavior and has been such for a long time, I want it to stay that way.
Visit the welcome section of the forums and click on the VOTE link,
so you can vote for us and move us up the rankings at the gateway :)

Please vote once every 24 hours for best results

Offline LadyCatreece

• GamesMasters
  • Viscount
  • Working....
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »
Oh for pete's sake, you two! <sighs>

Move aside for me now!
=^_^=

1. What is your first name? Bethany
2. How old are you? 30
3. Are you married? Yes
4. Have any kids? 2
5. What nationality are you? American, damn it!
6. What part of the world do you live in? The part that has my apartment in it
7. What is your occupation? Internatioanl Chef of Mystery : Assistant Manager for Lane Bryant (look it up, kids)
8. What would you like to do for a living? What I do now only get paid 10times more.
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Having fun. I have found drinking to be a lot of fun!
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Um... <giggles> I have lots of them!
11. When did you start role-playing? In 4th grade
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? My brother let me play a D&D game with him.
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? The fun kind
14. What is your favourite character class? Bah, classes limit you!
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? Both
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? The fun kind. (Rolemaster and Runequest)
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? Yup
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Not anymore. Too busy having fun!
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Ob1 and Roo rescued me!
I would love to!!

You see, this is how it started.....
There is a comic book called 'Reality Check' and in it was a cat. Her owner had a really cool VR headset and he and his friends would use it after school. During school the cat, 'Catreece', would sit under it while listening to the Sound of Music and she would go into the VR world.

After a while she would go in with her owner (against his wishes, of course!) and she is just such a cute character!!

So I was Catreece.

When I got my e-mail over at Yahoo they told me that Catreece was taken. Of course it was, by me at Geocities! But since Geocities was now owned by Yahoo I could keep the same one, it was marked as taken. Therefore I added the Lady in front of it.

Because I am, you know.

And for many years I have been known as Lady Catreece on places.
Sometimes LadyCat, or LadyC, but to be honest, I would really rather you just call me Bethany. I hate being called Beth. Only one person can call me that, but to everybody else I am Bethany.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:31:48 AM by LadyCatreece »
Nya!

Offline daveyash

• Squire
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 05:25:28 PM »
1. What is your first name? Davey
2. How old are you? 39
3. Are you married? Yes
4. Have any kids? I have three little ones
5. What nationality are you? Canadian
6. What part of the world do you live in? Canadian Rockies
7. What is your occupation? Disabled househusband/artist
8. What would you like to do for a living? Be an artist
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Creating art
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Being a good dad
11. When did you start role-playing? I was about twelve
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? AD and D
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? World of Darkness system
14. What is your favourite character class? Monster of some sort
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? both
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? White Wolf's WoD, Freeform and I'd like to earn others
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? No
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Not able to
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Through Yahoo and to play Rpgs
20. Could you please explain your username? It's my name and nickname

My brain hit a bad sector.

Offline Dax

• Baron
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:01 PM »
As it should be: My first post here.

1. What is your first name? Danieel
2. How old are you? 41
3. Are you married? No
4. Have any kids? No
5. What nationality are you? German
6. What part of the world do you live in? *look outside the window* Hmm, it's dark, but I remember I understand the persons on the street - so it seems to be Germany. Because there are many turkish people here it might be Berlin, Germany;)
7. What is your occupation? Just changing from some technical to something creative ...
8. What would you like to do for a living? Screen-writer or Script-Doctor
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Ballroom Dancing
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Find story holes and mistakes
11. When did you start role-playing? 1984, age of 18 (rather late)
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? German ones: "DSA - Das Schwarze Auge" (translate to "The Black Eye"), after half a year: Midgard (still playing)
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? None, but mostly Fantasy and SciFi
14. What is your favourite character class? None, but mostly skill-orientated ones aka "Thief" or "Rogue", may change with RM.
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? FaceToFace: Both. Here: Player.
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? ICE-RPGs: Rolemaster (Classic), Spacemaster (I called them together "Xmaster"), but levelless with a homebrewed learning system.
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? My brother played once or twice.
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Yes, once a week :D
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Try PbP-gaming; the banner-ad at the ICE Forum and the signatures of some members (ictus, LordMiller, Ironmaul etc (sorry for the ones I forgot here ;))).
20. Could you please explain your username? Yes.

edit: Oh, I should explain it here: OK, I do:
Before Roleplaying I was involved in Arcade Gaming. Successful gamers could enter three letters, I used DAX beside others like FOX, CID, UHU (eagle-owl).
DAX was first choice, X stands in for the rest of my first name and for my family name which also starts with DA...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 11:18:32 PM by Dax »

Offline Longshot

• Messenger
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 01:55:11 AM »
All you new (and old) members please feel free to introduce yourself by answering these 20 basic questions.

1. What is your first name? Ken
2. How old are you? 34
3. Are you married? yup
4. Have any kids? 2
5. What nationality are you? American
6. What part of the world do you live in? St Louis
7. What is your occupation? Electrician
8. What would you like to do for a living? Teach
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? ;)  hangin' with my family
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? organization... sad but true
11. When did you start role-playing? 4th grade
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? D&D
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? Fantasy, Mystery, Horror
14. What is your favourite character class? I usually go in spurts on what is my favorite
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both?  It doesn't matter anymore
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? Rolemaster SS/FRP currently but there are many close seconds
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? nope
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? not for the last year
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? I was a moderator and player on the now defunct Shadowrealms PBMB.  Found you guys through ICE website
My favorite X-Man.  He was little known and did not have a long career, but I really liked him.  So that is what I use.

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Offline ChalkLine

• Page
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
1. What is your first name? Jim
2. How old are you? Early forties
5. What nationality are you? Australian
6. What part of the world do you live in? Tasmania
7. What is your occupation? Historian
8. What would you like to do for a living? Historian :)
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Building 15th century German armour
11. When did you start role-playing? Over twenty years ago
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? AD&D
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? Fantasy/SciFi
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? I GM too much as it is
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? RuneQuest3/Cyberpunk2020
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Yep, weekly
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Referenced from the RQ3 mailer list
20. Could you please explain your username? Many years ago I played Counterstrike on an old PC via dial up. As my ping rate was huge, I moved like a glacier. I wanted to call myself 'ChalkOutLine' to note how often I got nailed, but that was too large for the field. The name kinda stuck.

Offline Laiteru

• Herald
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »
1. What is your first name? Josh
2. How old are you? 20
3. Are you married? Happily!
4. Have any kids? Not yet
5. What nationality are you? American (ie mutt :))
6. What part of the world do you live in? Ft Bragg, NC
7. What is your occupation? Soldier
8. What would you like to do for a living? Anything and everything!
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing? Umm, sparring, baseball, reading, cooking, depends on my mood.
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? The natural kind!
11. When did you start role-playing? About four years ago.  I was lucky to begin with a family that had been playing since the invent of D&D
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? AD&D but quickly moved to GURPS and then fell in love with RM2
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? Fantasy (both high and low)
14. What is your favourite character class? All except straight magic users, but that could change.  I like diversity.
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? Player but eventually a GM (I've been out of the loop for too long--due to military obligations--to jump into GMing)
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? RM2 and GURPS
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? Well, my bestfriends family is basically my family
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Not anymore
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Renewed interest in RM2 while looking up products on ICEwebring
20. Could you please explain your username? My name is Quenya, meaning To praise the Exalted One for victory
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:01:59 PM by Laitarataran Dacilime »
"Obey the king because you have vowed before God to do this.  Do not try to avoid doing your duty, and do not take a stand with those who plot evil."  Ecclesiastes 8:2-3

Offline the Empire

• Messenger
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 06:38:56 AM »
1. What is your first name? Mike   
2. How old are you? 31
3. Are you married? No
4. Have any kids? I don’t think so?
5. What nationality are you? I don’t under stand the question.
6. What part of the world do you live in? U.S. Nebraska
7. What is your occupation? I do stuff manly in construction but not always   
8. What would you like to do for a living? Writer, artest.
9. What is your favorite hobby besides role-playing? Writing and art.
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Works of fiction I am a master of the story. I am also good at falsifying the truth.
11. When did you start role-playing? I don’t remember 91 or 92 I think.
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? RoleMaster.
13. What is your favorite genre(s)? Every thing.
14. What is your favorite character class? Thief but built as a fighter.
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? I like to GM but I need to play.
16. Do you have a favorite game system(s)? It is the game that I like but some systems suck.
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Yes
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? ICE forum.
20. Could you please explain your username? It is a two parter. 1. I cant believe that it is never taken what a grate and simple megalomaniac name. 2. It has to do with books and campaign setting that I have been working on for longer then I have been playing.
Drrange E ih unarey

Offline HolyGrenadeFrenzy

• Page
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 11:33:04 PM »
1. What is your first name? I generally do not give that information out on the internet.  HGF works fine as it and my username and its variants are my only online identity.  If I decide I like you I may let you call me by something more personal yet I do use this user name on over a dozen forums with the variants included.
2. How old are you? 35 years old
3. Are you married? Yes
4. Have any kids? Yes
5. What nationality are you? English mostly yet I am an American with old ties including blood ties to this continent.
6. What part of the world do you live in? Currently, I live in Central Nebraska yet I have lived and travelled many places for many years.
7. What is your occupation? Retired unless one of several writing projects get finished or I am offered a job doing something I truely love that will still pay the bills.  I am also a full time dad.
8. What would you like to do for a living? Get paid for a Magnum Opius and to its furtherment and for the furthering of RPG's both as entertainment and as mneumonic devices for education systems world wide like the methods I have researched and am currently developing for my own offspring to use in their education process.
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Training in  the Martial Arts and Sciences and keeping up with both soft and hard science advancements and infromation....they could use some serious collaboration most of the time.  Some video games are an interesting passtime as well.  Mostly though, I continue study and consider the possiblities....I am also a published poet that enjoys toying with the English language after my study into the evolution of the language and its other fledgling languages it has spawned.  
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Working with paradigm shifts and cross paradigm references to arrive at neutral or co beneficial conclusions.  In other words, thinking both inside and outside the box simutaneously and then tediously leading others toward new premises and or the altering of postulates.
11. When did you start role-playing? May 2nd 1979 at five minutes to 10 AM by -6 GMT, according to the clock on the east wall of the appartment I was visiting at the time.
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? D&D ...in the small brown box.
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? I have several depending on my mood, although I have become very fond of RMS, Space Master and Cyber Space, generally I.C.E. products are of deep interest to me regardless and I feel that I.C.E. has the easiest time doing cross overs if the Campaign permits, even though each genre of RM or any of the other d100 games are fine stand alone games as well.
14. What is your favourite character class? This is too difficult for me to decide without knowing what the game parameters are.
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? Depends, I enjoy each of these positions....yet I do not have any difficulty assume whatever the situation demands.  If a gamer, I never argure with the GM unless I believe the GM will thank me for it later which usually means what ever they say is fine and I expect the same from my players unless they want to meet the gavel. (it's all fun and games until someone looses the ablity to enjoy an RPG with friends)
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)?   My answer for question 13 should suffice for this question too, I believe.
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? Yes, but some more than others and some never have.
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? The Empire invited me and I rarely turn down his invitations.
20. Could you please explain your username? HolyGrenadeFrenzy has it's beginnings in several unlikely to meet sources including Monty Python's Quest For the Holy Grail , Batman and Robin slogan, my love of explosions and grenades and last but not least the IMPOSSIBILITY of throwing grenades while in a state of Frenzy from any of the I.C.E. games without the use of the  Rolemaster Companion III, 5.3  Innate Stat Ablities  and perhaps its continuation in Rolemaster Companion VI, 5.6 and 5.7 which can be adapted for use with any and/or all d100 I.C.E. games. ;)

So my online name  of HolyGrenadeFrenzy is a complex Role Masterpeice of humor, even if GTA and D&D and CIVFanatics are more familair with me.  If you are not laughing then you might want to reconsider fixing that laugh-o-meter of yours.  8)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:53:14 AM by HolyGrenadeFrenzy »

Offline mandor1784

• Page
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 12:18:04 AM »
1. What is your first name? Tyler Jakes

2. How old are you? 23

3. Are you married? No

4. Have any kids? Hopefully not.

5. What nationality are you? American, of mostly German and British descent.

6. What part of the world do you live in? New York, New York

7. What is your occupation? Actor

8. What would you like to do for a living? Act =)

9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Computer Gaming

10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Singing or acting

11. When did you start role-playing? Thirteen or so

12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? Dungeons and Dragons

13. What is your favourite genre(s)? DUNE, Star Wars, Amber

14. What is your favourite character class? Games I like don't use classes =)

15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? GM

16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? I prefer using no system, leave the stats mostly at home and create a great character and story

17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? Brother

18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? No, sadly.

19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us?  Through a link that suggested your site for advertising RPGs

20. Could you please explain your username?   Mandor is my favorite character from Roger Zelazny's Amber Chronicles, and 17th is my birthday in 19*84*

Offline Dame Eldgeth

• RPGRM 2007 Player of the Year
  • Grey Council
  • Viscount
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 04:52:41 AM »
Welcome!  Come in and find a comfy spot.  And feel free to belt out a tune or two while you're here :D

Offline mandor1784

• Page
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 04:54:08 AM »
Hah! Thanks...it sort of is my M.O. to always be singing...Thanks for the welcome!

Offline Gorilido

• Page
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 12:20:27 AM »
1. What is your first name? Chris
2. How old are you? 37
3. Are you married? No
4. Have any kids? No
5. What nationality are you? United States
6. What part of the world do you live in? Michigan
7. What is your occupation? Cashier
8. What would you like to do for a living? Computer operator/programmer
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Games in general(Computer, Board, Role-playing, card)
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? Quick learner
11. When did you start role-playing? I was about 12, played D&D with a group of kids during lunch break.
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? Greyhawk, not that it mattered.  We did mostly just a Hack/slash system
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? Fantasy, followed by super hero.
14. What is your favourite character class? I don't have a favorite, But I prefer a mixture of melee and spell-casting. 
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? Player,  I am GM often in real life and would like the change of pace.
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)?  Hero, D&D.  Rolemaster looks good, but takes to long to run in a real life setting.
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? Was interested in playing in a rolemaster campaign and found you through a google search.
20. Could you please explain your username.  My username is from a character I made for EQ, and that character was elvish and I took the name from a character I made in a face to face campaign with the name of gorillion, but that didn't sound Elvish enough So I altered it slightly.  Since I used the name for many other games, but it usually isn't the name I use for non-MMORPG characters.

Offline MWDarkAge

• Page
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
1. What is your first name? Christopher
2. How old are you? 42
3. Are you married? Yup, to my High School Sweetheart.  :D
4. Have any kids? 4
5. What nationality are you? American
6. What part of the world do you live in? New England in the good ol' USA
7. What is your occupation? Customer Service
8. What would you like to do for a living? Play role-playing games.  ;)
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Miniature wargaming
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? This is a PG rated board so I can't say.  :P
11. When did you start role-playing? A long time ago in a galaxy ... never mind.
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? AD&D 1st ed.
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? I like them all, but Horror is favored a little more.
14. What is your favourite character class? I like them all.
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? Either. As long as I am playing.
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? Not really. They are only tools to have fun.
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? No  :(
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? Again, No  :(
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? I was on the Iron Crown site.
20. Could you please explain your username? From the WizKids game Mech Warrior.

Offline Dame Eldgeth

• RPGRM 2007 Player of the Year
  • Grey Council
  • Viscount
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
Welcome to the board.  I hope you find something to your liking here.  Check out the recruitment thread, lots of games going on!

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 11:26:42 PM »
4. Have any kids? 4
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? This is a PG rated board so I can't say.  :P

Methinks the two might be related.... ;)

Yes, welcome to the boards!

Wargaming eh?  What type, historical, fantasy or sci-fi?

Offline MWDarkAge

• Page
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 01:21:56 AM »
I like Historical most, but will play anything.

Offline Cearlan

• Page
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »

1. What is your first name? ............................................................... Norm
2. How old are you? ......................................................................... Far too old to play anymore  - 51
3. Are you married? .......................................................................... at the moment yes  ;)
4. Have any kids? ............................................................................ 2 Suzanne - 17 and Jamie 15
5. What nationality are you? .............................................................. Anglo-Scots
6. What part of the world do you live in? .............................................. Sittingbourne; Kent; UK:
7. What is your occupation? ................................................................ Government worker
8. What would you like to do for a living? ............................................ design and test roller coasters
9. What is your favourite hobby besides role-playing ? Wink .................. Astronomy
10. What do you think is your biggest talent? ....................................... Being an insomniac - I can stay awake for England, though often do for other things
11. When did you start role-playing? ................................................... 1982
12. What game world/system did you start playing with first? ................. Runequest 2nd edition - Glorantha
13. What is your favourite genre(s)? ................................................... Call of Cthulhu
14. What is your favourite character class? ........................................... Not a fan of classes, though maybe a cleric
15. Would you rather be a player a GM or both? ................................... Keeper / GM
16. Do you have a favourite game system(s)? ..................................... Call of Cthulhu D100 - not stoopid d20
17. Does anyone else in your family role-play? .................................... No
18. Do you regularly play in a face to face rpg group? ........................... Not for years
19. So what brings you to “rpgResourceMasters” and how did you find us? .. http://www.rpggateway.com
20. Could you please explain your username? ...................................... Character name in the first game I played upon my return to rpg's after a few year away