Author Topic: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1  (Read 33053 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19735
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2009, 03:33:53 AM »
Toke - Nordic Male

Toke doesn't feel safe anywhere, but being on the deck of the longboat seems the least vulnerable position. He climbs aboard the longboat, casting glances here and there.

(Is anything different from when Toke left?)
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9716
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2009, 06:01:57 AM »
Lavi-  Male Nord

Much the same as his companion... he really doesn't want to be here. As soon as he is aboard...he is alert prepared to spear boarders.

"I'm still concerned that we saw no evidence of this groups leader...a man of such a reputation would not have gone without a fight."

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19735
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »
Toke - Nordic

"Aye, I'm sure he fought hard, if his reputation is anything to go by. Perhaps the Kilpa dragged him to a watery death, or took his body to the depths to eat. Still, we should look."

Toke stands warily on deck occasionally looking into the water on either side of the longboat.  
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Kalu

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • *
  • Posts: 425
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:17 PM »
Looking over the dead bodies again, you notice what from this angle appears to be a small pile of four or five dead Kilpa, all of them killed with nasty, deep cuts. There is no Vuttish body, though.

Meanwhile Iteus wanders off to the opposite end of the ship and bends down to examine one of the dead kilpa.

[Lavi] > Observation: 53 + 89 = 142 (PM sent)
[Toke] > Observation: 25 + 74 = 99
[Hurael]
> Observation: 34 + 90 = 124

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:49:55 AM by Kalu »
Creator of the game setting Taras.
Game master of the RMSS game The Journey to Selaset.

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead...
[Johnny "Dread" Wulgaru in Tad Williams's Otherlands quadrology]

Offline Tancred

  • Goblin
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4527
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2009, 06:55:06 AM »
Ottar - Nordic Male

Follows Iteus along the length of the ship and keeps glancing both at the water and at the pile of dead kilpa.

"Mayhaps you should look under those corpses, if you seek the Vuttish captain, be wary though."

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9716
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2009, 07:02:36 AM »
Lavi - Nord Male

He frowns and looks concerned.... he'll move over to the nearest person (all eventually) and whisper..

"Be on your guard....these bodies appear to have been moved...since we came here last."

He then stabs the nearest Kilpa with the business end of his spear.

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19735
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »
Toke - Nordic Male

Hearing Lavi's warning and seeing him stab a Kilpa, Toke pulls his club from his belt and wraps the leather grip around his hand.

He follows close behind Lavi, intently watching the Kilpa corpses for any signs of movement.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Tancred

  • Goblin
  • Viscount
  • *
  • Posts: 4527
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »
Ottar - Nordic Male

"I think those kilpa are well dead lads, it's what moved them you should be worried about, perhaps this captain you've mentioned?" he comments glancing back over his shoulder at Toke and Lavi's efforts.

Nevertheless his hand drifts to his trusty hand-axe on his belt and lifts it from its hook.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9716
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2009, 08:39:27 AM »
Lavi- Nord Male

After stabbing the nearest Kilpa...and not getting a response (perhaps?). He will look up and nod agreement with Ottar. After that he'll check for recent additional bloody scuff marks or damp impressions around the bodies..
(OOC: Tracking...)

Offline Kalu

  • Moderator
  • Knight of the Sword and Stone
  • *
  • Posts: 425
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
The stabbed Kilpa remains in place, still very dead... And there are no obvious tracks that can lead you to other living creatures aboard the ship.

Moving around on the ship, you suddenly notice a splash slightly louder than the common waves against the side of the ship. coming from the end of the ship opposite to Vero. Moving there you see a ring of ripples on the surface only a few yards away. Your keen eyes catch a glimpse of something that looks like a body diving towards the bottom; Toke is certain that it's a Kilpa...


[Lavi] > Tracking: 51 + 8 = 59

[Lavi] > Alertness: 28 + 56 = 84
[Toke]
> Alertness: 24 + 99 + 53 = 176
[Ottar]
> Alertness: 28 + 95 = 123
[Hurael]
> Alertness: 16 + 57 = 73
Creator of the game setting Taras.
Game master of the RMSS game The Journey to Selaset.

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead...
[Johnny "Dread" Wulgaru in Tad Williams's Otherlands quadrology]

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19735
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2009, 02:27:28 AM »
Toke - Nordic Male

His eyes widen in horror and alarm at the sight of the Kilpa retreating into the icy depths. He gasps in fright and the thought of the peril he and his compainions are in.

"Arrgh!", he gasps with a start

He steps back from the side of the longboat and turns to the others.

"Kilpa! I saw one in the water! Kilpa in the water! Get out of the rowboat Vero!" He cries with obvious alarm in his voice to the oarsman in the rowboat.
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Usdrothek

  • Grey Council
  • Prince
  • *
  • Posts: 19735
  • "Disparaging the Boot is a bootable offense."
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2009, 02:53:01 PM »
"Kilpa!!"
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do.
When I look out there, it makes me glad I'm not you.
I've experiments to run, there is research to be done
.....................on the people who are still alive.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

  • Gremlin Magnet
  • Grey Council
  • Marquis
  • *
  • Posts: 9716
Re: The Journey to Selaset, Part 1
« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
OOC: Why? Whats Pa done wrong?..... :lol:

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk