Author Topic: Scene 01  (Read 17408 times)

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:20:49 PM »
Setting: At the University of (Still haven't decided the city yet).
Time: Typical Thursday afternoon

(Will PM to get some other details for things, but we can get started now)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 05:48:58 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard
Upholder of the virtues of romance and passion

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 08:29:18 PM »
It is yet another Thursday. Vashti has sat through another 2 hour meeting of department heads, only to hear the same story that nothing of any value was being done by anyone. The only ray of sunshine to the meeting was when Jason made an airplane out of one of the handouts. The director frowned and Jason had said that the winds of modern aircraft altered the environment enough to alter the cycles of most agricultural products. The frown didn't end, but Jason had kept the topic going enough that it sent several of the other members of the department off to investigate this possibility.

Her own experimentation had been useful, but she knew that the new specimens she had been working with, would not survive outside of a laboratory environment.

She finished typing up the report and hit save. As a routine, she copied the file to her thumb drive for safe keeping in her home system.

OOC: Ok, I know that I wrote what your character would be doing. From here on, it is all you. Just a setting start. If you want to change anything, just post and we can roll with it.

There are several opportunities to go out to clubs this coming weekend.
Rumors of a new band that will debut at a club just off campus.
A movie that sounds interesting is playing in theaters now.
There has been some email from one of the students. This person seems as if they might be wanting to take you out somewhere, but it too shy to come out and say it.
As usual, there is plenty of work to catch up on in your projects as well as some work on side projects that aren't sanctioned by the university.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

• Knight of the Round Table
    • http://www.geocities.com/rebecca_tanis/mypage.html
Scene 01
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:48:04 PM »

Vashti takes a deep sigh after having finished the report. She spins around in her chair a couple of times and then takes a look around the room. She gets up, stretches, and goes on a hunt to find Jason. She sees him straightening up some bottles and things in one of the storage rooms. "Jason" Vashti says to him in a low voice, "what do you say we sneak out of here early and go see a movie?" Jason continues to align the glass bottles and such, but replies back, "now? We can't leave in the middle of the day. I can't risk being caught sneaking out after my reprimand this morning." "What happened?" Vashti asks with a puzzled expression. "I can't talk about it now. Here" he says, handing her a broom. "I dropped a bottle over there. Since you seem to have nothing better to do, would you mind?" Vashti takes the broom from Jason and begins to sweep up the broken glass. Once that is done, she lets out a sigh and checks her watch. She glances at Jason to see if maybe he has changed his mind about leaving, but he is still intent on making uniform rows out of the bottles. Vashti puts the broom back in its proper location and walks to the window. She watches the students walking to and fro, warm sunshine on their faces, then goes to sit back down at her desk. She decides to finish up the XYM report instead of leaving for the day.

Vashti is suddenly startled by a hand on her shoulder. "Vashti, are you going to work on that report all night?" Jason chuckles. "Come on, let's get out of here." Vashti stretches, rubs her eyes, and checks her watch. It is now 7:00pm. "Wow, I can't believe it's this late." She stands and stretches once more. Jason says, "now, where should we go tonight? Do you feel like checking out the new band?" "That would be great" Vashti smiles. Jason helps her into her jacket and they lock up the laboratory for the night. Walking down the now empty hallway, Jason reaches for, and holds, her hand. Their fingers are lightly entertwined as they make their way out of the school.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:51:20 PM by Becky »
Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, "grow."

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:33:33 PM »
OOC: I assume that you would have changed before going out. You can decide if Jason picked you up, or if you agreed to meet there.

The club is going through some renovations. This is obvious when you arrive there close to 9pm.

The place is filling up pretty quickly. Kind of odd for a group that is just starting up.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 03:02:47 PM »

Jason and Vashti decided to meet on the corner in front of the club. Once they reach the door to the club, Jason places a hand on her back and leads her through the entrance. Once inside, they both look around the club for a place to sit. "I think I see a nice cozy corner booth over there" Jason says, pointing. Leading Vashti through the crowd, Jason nods when making eye contact with fellow patrons. Vashti keeps her focus on the booth. A young girl bumps into Vashti, and when she does, Vashti can hear her thoughts. "Wow, he's cute. I wonder what kind of car he drives?" Vashti smiles at the the girl's thoughts and at how shallow some people can be. Vashti is slightly annoyed that sometimes physical contact can cause her to hear thoughts, but dismisses the dismay. Finally, they reach the booth and Jason helps Vashti out of her coat. Vashti slides into the booth, and Jason sits beside her.

"There sure are a lot of people here tonight" Vashti comments. "This band must be great!" Jason flags down a waitress and orders two bottled beers. "Tonight is on me" he tells Vashti. "My way of apologizing for being such an 'arse' earlier today." "What happened, anyway?" Vashti asks him. "Well, Dr. Weatherford wasn't appreciative of the paper airplane incident. He informed me that while my quick explanation for my actions were intriguing, he didn't buy it. I told him that it was completely feasible, and he told me that other scientists may have thought it to be true, but that he wasn't just any other scientist. He told me that I had better start taking my duties and the university more seriously or I would be out the door. 'We do have a reputation to uphold here, Jason' he said." Vashti sits back in the booth and looks at Jason with obvious concern. "Oh, Jason. I'm so sorry. I thought that your paper airplane theory was excellent." A big smile crosses her face. "I thought it was the best cover up for being caught daydreaming ever!"

The waitress arrives at the table carrying a tray with the two beers. She places napkins down on the table and sets the bottles on top of them. "That will be six dollars" she says. Jason pulls a ten out of his wallet, hands it to her, and says, "keep the change." Before she walks away, Jason asks, "have you heard this band play before?" "Oh yes, I have heard them play lots of times. My brother is the drummer." With that, she smiles sweetly, winks, and walks away.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:51:40 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:35:09 PM »
As you sit and chat about things that are happening at the university.

Victor was so close to being removed by the review board. Jason says shaking his head. Victor had been caught having an affair with a student. She was of legal age, but the University policy is against fraternization between professors and students. The only way he kept his position was the fact that she wasn't enrolled in the university at the time of the affair.

As he continues to talk about the dirty details of the story, you feel a sensation that washes through the room. Your perceptions make it feel very strong to you, but you can see that the energy seems to affect more than just you.

The sensation is sensuality that readiates strongly in the male spectrum.

OOC: Let me know how you react to this or anything else you want to add.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 06:17:32 PM by eijatriis »
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »
OC: What kind of sensation is it? Good or bad?

Nodding to Jason's ramblings (with the occasional "mmm hmm, wow, really"), Vashti scans the room to see if anyone else feels the strange sensation. She also scans to see if anyone looks peculiar.

OC: I'm sure that people there DO look peculiar, but you know what I mean.  :lol:

Putting a hand on Jason's arm, "Jason, won't you excuse me for a minute? I need to go powder my nose." With that, Vashti slips out of the booth and strides toward the restrooms.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:52:01 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 06:24:23 PM »
OC: My apology for not adding that into the previous post. You would have noticed what you felt. So as such, here is some free non roll based information.

Upon moving out from the booth you were in, you realize that the sensations seem to only be affecting the ladies within the building. The men seem to be oblivious to what is going on. Though it seems that a few are taking advantage of the way the ladies are behaving under the influence of this.

There are a few that seem to be anxiously looking toward the stage, in anticipation of something it seems.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »
OC: It's all good!

Vashti continues on to the restroom, does her business, fixes her face, then leaves the restroom to search for the waitress.  Vashti finds her at the bar, picking up drinks. "Oh, miss..." Vashti calls out as she places a hand on the waitress's shoulder. The waitress turns to see who is calling her. Vashti takes her hand and says, "I was wondering if I might have a chance at meeting the band. Seeing how your brother is the drummer and all." Vashti pulls her hand away from the waitress. The waitress looks down and sees a one hundred dollar bill. The waitress looks back up at Vashti with a gleam in her eye. Vashti smiles gently and locks eyes with the waitress. Vashti gently reaches out to place a hand on her arm. "I would really appreciate even just five minutes of their time. Perhaps after the show?" Vashti softly traces her finger from the waitresses's shoulder to her wrist and waits for a reply. Just then, a man bumps into Vashti and pushes the two women together. Their bodies are close to one another, but Vashti does not take a step back, except to regain her balance. She lets the warmth from the waitresses's body touch hers. From this touch, she can hear the waitress thinking, "I have never been touched by a woman like this before...this is strangely erotic...she has such beautiful dark eyes..."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:52:20 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 03:37:17 PM »
The contact between Vashti and the name tag on the waitress names her Melody, was almost electric in the intensity. She steps away and blushes when she sees Vashti's direct interested gaze. "Um sure, I can get you back stage, but if you wait til they are done, there will be so many people in that area that we probably couldn't do it."

She looks around, almost in a secretive way. "If you want to go now, I can get you back there, but we have to hurry."
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 06:28:42 PM »

"That would be wonderful. Would you wait here for a second? I need to grab my coat." Vashti rushes through the crowd, grabs her coat, and grabs Jason by the arm. "Come on, we are going to meet the band." Vashti runs back to Melody. "Melody, this is my colleague, Jason. We're ready."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:52:37 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 06:41:21 PM »
Melody looks a bit dissapointed to see Jason with Vashti.
"Um ok, this way, but I don't know if I can get two of you back there." she says with a look of doubt.

Jason smile, "Look hon, go ahead and check them out. I will see what happens out here. If you get lucky, send me couple rings on the cell, and I will know you are out." He gives her a squeeze on her shoulder before heading back toward the table.

Melody watches him go, looking at Vashti to see how she looks. It seems likely that she is trying to see what relationship is between Jason and Melody.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 07:41:24 PM »

"He's so understanding sometimes ... like a big brother. I wish I could find a girl for him." Vashti looks to Melody, touches her arm and says, "I really appreciate this. I am so excited to meet this band. But I promise not to act like a silly school girl", she giggles.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:52:54 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 07:54:21 PM »
Melody giggles a bit in reply. "Oh but I think we all act like that."

She leads you to the bar.
"Now the trick is that we have to just walk through like we are both supposed to be there."

She starts an animated conversation about some party. It is like she is talking to someone that was at this mythical party. It is kind of surprising as she hesitates a bit to wait for the bartender to move to the far end, then in a flash, you are backstage.

She points out her cousin, the drummer, but your attention is riveted toward long blond hair. This energy that you have felt is definately coming from him. You can feel it strengthen as his eyes sweep his gaze your way.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 07:58:16 PM »

Vashti tries to read anything that she can from the blond male while being pulled by Melody toward the drummer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 04:53:52 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 08:12:50 PM »
The band seems to be in the same location, so being pulled toward the drummer is being taken closer to the blond.
His eyes catch you and the passion is almost a force of nature in strength.

"Yeah, he is so hot," you hear Melody say from beside you, "he just joined the band a couple weeks ago, and they have gotten so popular."

You can sense that he is also Awakened. Just as you realize this, a sultry thread of mental energy reaches toward you. It is more of a hello than any kind of attack.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 08:40:51 PM »

"Wow, an Awakened? Unbelievable" Vashti thinks to herself. She receives the sultry mental greeting and tries to send one of her own in return. Vashti tries to be coy about her attraction to the blond as she checks out his form.

"This is my brother, Tim", Melody says as she introduces the two. "Very nice to meet you", Vashti says. "I couldn't wait to see your band first hand before the show. You have quite a crowd gathered out there." She flashes a pretty smile.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:52:24 PM by Becky »

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 09:14:21 PM »
You can see and hear the blond fellow direct the band to get ready. At the same time, you get a mental knock. It is similar to what you were taught to be a polite way to start a mind to mind communication. This is similar, but feels more like a caress than a knock. It is obvious that he knows some of what you know in mental technique. One of the primary things you know is how to multitask within your own mind. This allows you to think of more than one thing at a time. You can only do one thing at a time with your body, but you can do multiple mental tasks simultaneously.

The aura of this man as well as the way he is behaving lead you to believe that this is one of the Sensualists. That is what your grandmother called those that followed the path of sensation and pleasure.
Self proclaimed bard

Offline Becky

Scene 01
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 12:42:08 PM »

Vashti knew better than to become involved with a Sensualist. No productivity comes from them. But there was something about this particular man that drew her interest. He did knock, after all. He at least has common courtesy. She wondered if the rest of the band knew of his abilities.

"We had better get going", Melody said to Vashti. "They are about to perform." "Oh, yes. Thank you so much for meeting me. It has been a pleasure", Vashti says to Melody's brother. They shake hands and Vashti flashes her beaming smile once more. Melody leads her away and Vashti glances back at the blond before disappearing into the club.

Once back at the bar, "thank you so much, Melody. I guess you need to get back to work now." Vashti extends her hand to shake Melody's, but instead is pulled in for a light hug. "It was my pleasure", Melody whispers in her ear. "Wait one second." Melody pulls a napkin from the bar and writes down her phone number. "If you're ever interested, just give me a call", Melody smiles coyly at Vashti. "Thank you, I will." Vashti puts the napkin in her coat pocket and makes her way through the crowd back to Jason.

Offline eijatriis

• Knight of the Quest
Scene 01
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »
OOC: I need to know if you accepted the communication or if you kept the mental door closed.

Melody bounces away to get back to work. Your contact with her makes you more capable of hearing her thoughts, at least until she is a few feet away. I am going to have to fly if I am going to catch up on the tips.[/i] She doesn't seem upset, just aware that she missed out on tips while introducing you to the band.

The band comes out onto the stage, and you can feel the excitement grow in anticipation.
Self proclaimed bard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk