Real Roleplaying Forums

Games => The Gaming Table => City State of the Invincible Overlord (Rolemaster 2) => Topic started by: Just X on October 01, 2019, 03:00:12 AM

Title: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 01, 2019, 03:00:12 AM
The next day begins.  Quinn comes down to the common room in search of breakfast.  He wants to be prepared when the rest of the party arrives.  He saves a the more stable bits of his breakfast (cheese, bread, an apple), placing them in his sack.  Then he orders a beer and waits for the rest of the party to arrive.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 01, 2019, 11:00:06 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah arrives early, but you are unsure if he actually got any sleep, or if he just spent the evening drinking. He is in the same vestments he was wearing yesterday, and they smell of Dwarven Ale.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 01, 2019, 12:45:23 PM
Bug
 enters the inn and joins Quinn:
"Nice day for going underground."
 
He looks the same like yesterday, but carries a small bag with some torches nd a small water skin.
 
 

edit: Added the water skin.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 01, 2019, 09:23:15 PM
Quinn Looks surprised when he sees you and slurs, "What about the gift?" then nods toward Molmat behind the bar.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 02, 2019, 01:08:08 PM
Bug

 looks surprised himself:
"When did you ask me to bring him a gi... ... You mean one of the kegs.
Sorry, I mised that."
He does a head count:
"I could go get it!?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 02, 2019, 05:21:48 PM
Quinn says, "I think it would go a long way to improving relations."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 03, 2019, 09:18:26 AM
Grobbitt

Turns up, looking fresh, well-fed and prepared for an excursion into the depths. He's got a full-backpack and rope coiled around and over his shoulder.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 03, 2019, 07:18:55 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah’s face brightens when he sees Grobbitt.

“Ahhh... just the half man I wanted to see. I wish to thank you for covering my shortcomings yesterday, and wish to reimburse you for your trouble.”

With a flourish, the dapper takes out his purse and counts out two and a half Silvers.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 03, 2019, 07:21:27 PM
He will repeat said actions when Jeremiah arrives.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 06, 2019, 03:42:25 PM
Bug

"I'll be back."
He leaves in a hurry.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 08, 2019, 02:12:14 AM
It is past 10:00 but not yet 10:30 when Jeremiah strolls into the White Wake followed by a panting Bug, who has a keg on his shoulder.  The rest of the group has gathered at a table big enough for 8 in a relatively empty taproom.  Grobbitt has positioned himself as far as possible from Abdullah, and Quinn is between them rambling out some story in a drunken slur, that no one, maybe not even him, is paying attention to.  Jeremiah positions himself opposite Quinn and closer to Grobbitt. 
 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 09, 2019, 03:48:06 PM
Bug

Addresses Quinn:
"Here is your keg."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 10, 2019, 12:35:22 AM
Quinn smiles and says, "Thank you" with uncharacteristic clarity and continues, "Given yesterday's um, erha....issues, I think it might be best if we present this gift as a group to Molmat."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 18, 2019, 12:17:52 PM
Bug

 pauses and monitors Grobbitt's reaction to Quinn's proposal.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 20, 2019, 10:59:36 AM
Jeremiah says, "I am game.  How about you Master Hobbit?"


As every one looks expectantly toward Grobbitt, Vestose (the human bouncer) approaches the table.  He says, "I am surprised that you have returned here.  I was asked to deliver this message."  With that, he tosses a note on the table.  Which reads:

Good day,

I am Zariya, last of the Savindys, and am interested in supporting your attempts to find the missing child. If you are in need of healing or medical attention, find me at midday here at this tavern.

Best of luck.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 22, 2019, 01:04:55 PM
Grobbit

Shrugs non-noncommittally. He made his opinion quite clear, or so he thought, yesterday. He thinks the owner is a pompous idiot (at best) and a duplicitous criminal (at worst), either way he doubts the owner would appreciate it.  Besides, "it may already be his" (depending upon  whether the cartload of Ale/Beer had been prepaid for or not)...in which case it  being identified as such when presented to him may result in further "issues". Especially if there had been any witnesses to the event.

He leans over to and whispers such to Jeremiah. "As such I never considered it "ours" to give in the first place. Remember this idiot likes to associate crimes to all those at hand, including those not actually associated to an event.  I don't want to be accused of having stolen it.... or even receiving proceeds from having already been sold by another".

At which points his eyes flit momentarily in Abdullah's direction.

He then looks at the note and back to Jerimiah. "so do you think this is an offer to return here to get healed here AT the tavern or said person accompany us from midday..?" 

 



Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 23, 2019, 12:00:20 AM
Jeremiah looks at the note again then says, "First, I assume, based upon the bold handwriting, that this "ZARIYA" is male; although, the name sounds more feminine to me.  I read the noted to say, he will provide medical attention and healing, if needed.  It seems that he is proposing that we meet him here at mid-day--but I find that odd.  Would anyone want wounded people being treated in their tavern?  Also if I am bleeding, I would not want to have to wait around for someone to show up to heal me. 


"Which brings up another good point, what do we have in the way of supplies for today's adventure?  I have brought a lantern and extra oil, a small sac with 50 caltrops-just in case, a hammer and some staying wedges, and 50 feet of rope.


"As to ownership of the keg, it would be hard to prove how we came by it, but feel free to stay behind when we present it, if you prefer."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 24, 2019, 01:07:45 AM
After a few moments of thought, the aristocrat leans over to Grobbitt and says, "Within the City I can assure you that all transactions are COD--coin on delivery--very few trust others enough to deliver in advance of payment or to pay in advance of delivery.  Given the fact that the porters were inside the building when the "accident" occurred, they had not yet been paid for he beer still in the wagon, thus the ownership was clearly not joint to the Inn as of yet."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 24, 2019, 06:42:37 AM
Grobbit

Whispering, to Jeremiah... "That is what I would expect... though perhaps you'll understand my reticence in this matter. If the items found would be returned to their owners for a reward.. that I could understand, but to give them in such a manner, to another, as a gift..? No, I still think not. I will make myself absent at the presentation... if you wish to be party to that transaction, well, that is for you to decide. My feelings are that Abdulluh alone should make the presentation, for he is the guilty party in this fiasco."

Slightly louder, to the group. "as for the healer, well, fair enough, their services would no doubt be of use... However, time is still of the essence here... perhaps a quick exploration of the immediate area beyond the access-way and then return at mid-day.."

He hoists his obviously heavier backpack across his shoulders and heads off towards the cellar.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 24, 2019, 12:47:27 PM
Bug

 still puzzles over the note:
"If this Zariya isn't the friend of you or anyone else here -
how does he know about our venture?
He ... she must be someone in contact with the inn,
so the treatment in the tavern - surely in the cellar - would be permitted."

 He shrugs and follows Grobbit.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 24, 2019, 08:35:50 PM
Quinn slurs, "Can we at least wait until the gift is given before entering the basement?  Abdullah why don't present the gift?" as he stands from the seat at the table and wobbles somewhat.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 25, 2019, 03:37:37 AM
Abdullah

As if suddenly awaken from a dream, Abdullah snaps to attention, and asks, “excuse me, what were we talking about?!? A present? For me?!? You shouldn’t have. It’s not even my birthday.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 30, 2019, 01:12:40 AM
Jeremiah makes no effort to hide his exasperation and says, "He said that given you $hithead move yesterday, you should be the one to present the keg to Molmat the bartender.  The point is to charm him so that we can gain access to the sewer.  Try a sincere apology and then give him the keg as an act of contrition." by the end Jeremiah's voice has taken on the tone a a parent explaining to a child.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 05, 2019, 12:53:39 AM
Abdullah

“I don’t see how what I did was wrong. I merely did not have the funds at that particular moment in time. As you saw, I made good my debt the very next day.

If he wishes to upgrade his clientele, he will come across this quite often; as people of my stature do not always carry funds with them, especially in a neighborhood such as this.

Furthermore, he already said he would grant us access to the sewer. If he goes back on his word, there will be consequences.

But, if will appease you all, I’ll gladly present this keg to him, just so he is reminded of our good intentions.”

With that, Abdullah picks up the keg, throws it onto his shoulder with no effort, and marches off.


But, if
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 05, 2019, 03:36:35 AM
As Abdullah picks up the keg, you notice motion at the door.  A Skandik in an iron helmet with large round shield and spear enters the bar.  Behind him is an unarmored man with a sling staff and a large satchel.  They enter the man with the satchel evaluates the table choice while the Skandik eyes you.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 05, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
** for those of us who don’t know what a Skandik is?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 05, 2019, 08:38:46 PM
Skandik is a viking for lack of a better term. as one source puts it:

Vikings. These are straight-up Vikings. They even worship the Viking Gods. The book really hammers in that they like the water: They're ritually birthed in water, only build their cities on the coastlines, the men can't reach climax unless the ocean is visible, Some of them have webbed toes, etc. (Only one of those was made up!). They also only let their warriors grow beards for some reason.

I will try to find a picture
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 06, 2019, 12:28:20 AM
** This fellow looks pretty cool - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/d6/28/b0d628af6563b3dec34a1c84fcbc65d3.jpg (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/d6/28/b0d628af6563b3dec34a1c84fcbc65d3.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 07, 2019, 11:32:34 PM
** agreed but I envision most Skandiks in less/lessor armor***

The current subject has on rough pants and a tunic with fur trim, the big shield a spear and a hand ax on his belt plus the iron helm with eye rings and a nose guard.  https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-scandinavia-viking-age-helmet-from-chieftains-grave-iron-gjermundbu-122410449.html (https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-scandinavia-viking-age-helmet-from-chieftains-grave-iron-gjermundbu-122410449.html)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 10, 2019, 12:46:47 AM
The man (a Karakhan, a riding culture from lands east of here) with the satchel points out a table to the Skandik and sits, continuing to watch the portage and presentation of the kegs (if this occurs in the main room).

** For reference - he is a human, male, 5' 8", 175 lbs, longish red-brown hair, green eyes, narrow beard, ruddy skin

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 10, 2019, 07:06:55 PM
Bug

steps back away from the entrance.
He tries to act "not belonging to them" * and looks for the trolls.
___
* occ: Sorry, but this is an instinct behaviour ;)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 11, 2019, 01:31:40 AM
The troll is over near the fireplace and the Human bouncer near the gap between the bar and the kitchen.  Grobbitt is a few steps from the gap and Bug is a few behind him.  the new comers have moved to the table by the kitchen window.

I will re-post the maps here to prevent needing to go back to the other thread.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 11, 2019, 01:32:11 AM
and here is the kitchen
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 12, 2019, 02:03:53 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah saunters up to the bar, and address’ the owner.

“My dear, Molmat... As a measure of good intentions, and to show you, we bear no ill will, we wish to present you this keg of Dwarven mead, at no charge.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 12, 2019, 06:45:38 AM
The Molmat looks up very surprised and says, "You are giving me this keg at no cost?  I am surprised that you have returned; and more so, that you have brought an apology.  I accept your gift and wish you success in locating the girl.  If you can return her to me intact-I will triple my initial offered reward.  Please  feel free to enter my basement, and find the girl.  Her speedy return is what is most important to me, and the reputation of my establishment."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 13, 2019, 01:02:10 AM

The Karakhan nods to the Skandik.
 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 18, 2019, 01:52:40 PM
Bug

 thinks hard: Did he make "business" with the Skandik? Or was he at/near the school yesterday?
 
He hurries and taps Grobbitt on the shoulder:
"A friend of you?", while he nods towards the Skandik.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 18, 2019, 04:33:01 PM
Grobbitt

*Shrugs*
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 21, 2019, 01:17:25 AM
Molmat seeing the movement toward the kitchen calls out, "Harlik, show my new friends to the basement, please.  Oh and be sure they close the door after themselves."  The troll immediately springs to action and leads the party into the kitchen to the basement door.  He lifts the heavy wooden door with so much ease it compares to others lifting a reed mat.  He says with a thick guttural accent, "Grab torch, light in oven, and go down."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 21, 2019, 02:35:30 AM

As they depart, the Karakhan says something to the Skandik.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 22, 2019, 02:17:14 AM
The Skandik stands up and moves to the party.  As he approaches the group he says, "I am Jorgenson, a fighter and member of the Mercenary Guild.  My employer has offered my services to your current venture.  My employer, the out-lander, is a healer of no small skill.  In addition to my services, he offers his skills, should any of you become injured.  In return he asks only that we each receive an equal share of any plunder gained on this mission."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 22, 2019, 08:09:30 AM
Grobbitt

"Fair enough... Let's go.."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 22, 2019, 01:35:49 PM
Bug

 is surprised by Grobbitt's ease to accept this stranger*:
"And your master is?", Bug anticipates the name Zariya.

 Is the other guy, the Karakhan, also joining?

* Funny view because we are all strangers to each other ...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 22, 2019, 02:10:56 PM
Abdullah

** yes, that is more befitting if my character I’d say.

“The more the merrier I always say. Welcome... welcome... well met. Now, if we can skip the rest of the formalities, there is a damsel in need of rescuing.”

And, with that, Abdullah strides toward the kitchen, not really caring if the others follow.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 22, 2019, 08:41:58 PM
Bug is caught between getting  an answer from the Skandik and getting run over by Abdullah who is hot on Grobbitt's heels.  The Skandik says, "My employer, as no man is my master, is the Karakan, Zariya Last of the Savindys.  He sits at the table byeond the kitchen." 


Jeramiha and Quinn draw equal with Bug and Jogenson.  Jeramiha says, "A Karakhan you say?  He doesn't look like much of a warrior, and he uses a sling staff instead of a bow.  Are you sure he is Karakhan?  I mean he has the look but not the manner."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 22, 2019, 08:52:29 PM
As an aside I will update the races thread, but for now.


Karakhans, are the Horse Lords of the far east kingdom of Karak.  The people have yellowish skin black or rarely red hair, are short (5'2") on average and of average build (120#) with green eyes.  Many are bowlegged, as it is said every citizen owns at least one horse and all ride every day.  The Karakhan kingdom is ruled my a high king to whom all pay homage.  They are the best mounted archers in all the world--even better than Tharbians, but to tell a Tharbian that is to invite a fight.  Pointed helms with leather neck guards are common among the warriors.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 22, 2019, 10:56:46 PM

** This Karakhan having the yellowish tanned skin of an outdoorsman/horseman, bowed legs, curly black hair and green eyes. He is slightly taller than the norm.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 22, 2019, 11:03:11 PM

Zariya calls Jorgenson back to him for a moment and shows him 4 vials, "These 2 small ones, with green tops (1 dose Rewk), take if you are wounded. This one, with a blue top (1 does Reglen), take if you are sorely wounded. This one, with the red top (1 dose Pathur), take if you are at death's door and it will prevent you going to Valhalla until you can be healed."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 23, 2019, 06:03:59 AM
Grobbitt is the fist to reach the door/stairs that the troll has opened.  What does he do?


Abdullah is on deck for action.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 23, 2019, 08:48:36 AM
Grobbitt

Lets Abdullah go first ;)

He'll head towards the Barrel/secret door area...
 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 23, 2019, 10:44:01 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah grabs a torch, lights it, and then heads through the door.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 24, 2019, 01:57:08 PM
Abdullah heads to the far left corner, Grobbitt follows him down the stairs.  Then Quinn, Jeremiah, Bug and Jorgenson go down stairs followed by the troll.

The basement is just as you left it last.  Abdullah is at the large keg that hides the secret door.




edit forgot Bug
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 24, 2019, 05:55:43 PM
Bug

 looks over the shoulder of the Skandik or he tries to, so he bends his body to take look of Zariya.
Then he turns: "Let's us get the girl."

He follows the others into the basement and takes a torch -  they are free, but doesn't light it now.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 24, 2019, 10:39:43 PM
The torches are in a barrel beside the stairs down.  Once in the basement there are torches in sconces on the wall, near the base of the steps, or near the well, or near the corner with the small barrels, or over by the big keg. 


The troll frowns as Bug and Jorgenson grab more torches but says nothing.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 25, 2019, 12:57:24 PM
Bug

While grabbing a torch he addresses the new fighter:
"I'm Bug ... just Bug ... like the insect."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 26, 2019, 12:14:11 AM
"Nice to meet you Bug.  You don't appear to be much of a fighter, er eh um that didn't sound good.  What I was trying to ask is what skills you have."  says Jorgenson as he descends the steps.


In the basement Abdullah is over by the large cask in the corner fiddling with the tap.  Grobbit stands nearby overseeing the efforts.  Jeremiah and Quinn stand by the benches as the troll follow Bu and Jorgenson down the stairs.


As the troll reaches the floor, Abdullah stands and pushes on the front of the cask.  The entire end swings up into the cask forming the tunnel to the Opening in the wall behind the cask.  Just a before there is a short tunnel leading to a worked stone wall.


**Who is on point and then the rest of the marching order.  You can feel free assign positions to Jeremiah, Quinn and Jorgenson as you see fit.**
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 26, 2019, 08:21:05 AM
Grobbit

Lights his lantern. Enters the area, then checks out the "worked stone wall" for traps, locks, traps or other interesting devices involved in such exiting/entering areas, obvious or otherwise.

(Guess that makes him "point" ATM ;) )
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 26, 2019, 03:32:36 PM
Bug

 "No, not a fighter.
I'm here for special task - if a door is locked - and for my looks."

Jorgenson and Bug are at the end of the group.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 26, 2019, 04:14:57 PM
** Abdullah will take place behind Grobbit.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 28, 2019, 05:39:56 AM
Grobbitt finds the door much as the last time.  One side appears a bit more polished (or possibly greasy) on one side, slight pressure on that side pushes the door and as before a release of the pressure causes the door to swing closed of its own accord.  After listening for a moment, he pushes the door open and finds it opens onto a worked tunnel.  Well more than a tunnel, the sewer system.

The walls of the sewer are fitted/sealed stone and are 25-30 feet square, with a 10 foot wide and 10 foot deep square channel in the floor.  The rest of the floor is a ledge/walkway along the channel on both sides.  There are pipes that enter from various elevations along the wall dumping flow into the main channel. 

There is some diffuse light entering the sewers from the grates in the street above, during daylight hours.  This illuminates the sewers to dim at best, and that is only near the grates, however even that little amount of light allows Grobbitt to see about 50 feet without light.  The rest of the party is more or less blind without a light source.


**Unfortunately, I cannot post the Wave files I have for a sound track, but here is a description**


Dripping is frequent and there are even occasional “dumps” of water.  There is a constant flow of water in the main channel, making the sounds if flowing water, splashes, gurgles, and splashes.  These sounds are punctuated by drips and splats from pipes at various elevations.  Occasionally, these sounds are punctuated by an occasional flush of a greater volume of water.  These flushes add a gurgle, a sizzle, a gush and/or a flushing sound to the background.   Other than the sound of flowing water and dripping, the sewers are very quiet.  Any sound you make echoes down the sewer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 28, 2019, 07:20:23 AM
As the rest of the party enters the sewers the see the following:

**The figures do not represent any particular character but are provided for scale**

All please provide a perception roll
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 28, 2019, 09:00:21 AM
Grobbit

Moving into the area, having presumably founds no traps, he then keeps as close as he can to the wall.. halding his lantern up. "Be wary of the surface... alligators may lurk just beneath the surface, though light may still gleam off their eyes..." 

==========

Perception check =
Rolled 1d100+23 : 34 + 23, total 57
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 28, 2019, 12:48:34 PM
Bug

 looks out for those mythical creatures.
Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 14 + 20, total 34

"Alligators ..... alliga tors.... alli gators", he mutters to himself, "sounds phony."
 __
occ: A directional arrow maybe helpful.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 28, 2019, 03:46:38 PM
As clarification, the door you came through is directly behind you--south where the split in the paper is.  There is not much flow in the sewer at present as indicated by the debris and refuse floating in the water.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 28, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
Abdullah

Not seeming to care walks carefully, but not a wall hugger. When someone mentions an alligator, he sweeps his torch over the water to see if he notices anything.


——-
Perception roll

Rolled 1d100+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 29, 2019, 04:57:43 PM
Jeremiah perception, Quinn perception, Jorgenson perception


Rolled 1d100+21 : 62 + 21, total 83



Rolled 1d100+10 : 2 + 10, total 12


Rolled 1d100+20 : 92 + 20, total 112




Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 29, 2019, 05:20:13 PM
The perception of each is as follows, those with higher scores also know what the lower scores perceive.


Jorgenson, spots an interesting bottle floating in the sewer, he uses his spear to pull it toward the edge.  Upon retrieval he finds it is full and labeled "Immunity".  It looks like a potion.


Jeremiah notices that there is a steady steam of rats carrying food in their mouths headed to the left.


Grobbitt notices that the door behind you is slowly closing.


Bug notices that there is little flow within the sewer, as the debris within the channel is not moving.


Abdullha hears the sounds of combat off to the right, but how far off is difficult to judges because of the echos within the sewers.  But the sound of metal ringing on metal and the thud of weapons striking wood or flesh is unmistakable.

Quinn, seems oblivious, focusing more on maintaining his balance than anything going on around him.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 29, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
Jorgenson suggests investigating the combat off to the right.


Jerimiah comments that the rats heading off to the left is odd, as they almost appear to be an ant line.


Quinn, burps loudly.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 01, 2019, 05:39:26 PM
Bug
 
is confused: "Rats? ... Oh, those rats. What ... you are right, this is odd!"
 
He listens to Jorgenson and answers:
"The lady was abducted days before - the combat is now.
But there were rats and here are rats heading left."

"We should turn left."

edit: Bug got the info about the rats via Jerimiah, not though his own perception.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 02, 2019, 07:30:34 AM
Grobbitt

Places a wedge of wood in the door to keep it, at least partially open.  Hearing sounds of combat, he then moves a little way in the opposite direction then stops specifically checking the walkway for tracks in the grime and muck.

---------------------

Perception (+23) at a minus I guess (not having an appropriate secondary skill, apart from surveillance +33 )
Rolled 1d100+23 : 58 + 23, total 81
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 06, 2019, 01:47:53 PM
Bug
 observes Grobbitt's action.

Then he turns and look across the sewer and then back to the entrance.
He looks left and right from the door and on the ground.

 Finally he steps forward, takes something out of his purse and marks the door with chalk.
He puts a shoulder's width "x" on it and some small symbols on the right, which look like "WW".
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 08, 2019, 05:31:06 PM
Abdullah

He watches Bug with mild interest, and then when he finishes, he questions him, “what does the WW stand for?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 08, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
Bug
 
He listens to Jorgenson and answers:
"The lady was abducted days before - the combat is now.
But there were rats and here are rats heading left."

"We should turn left."

edit: Bug got the info about the rats via Jerimiah, not though his own perception.

Abdullah

Looks to Grobbit, shrugs, and say, “I’m fine with left. Lead on.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 09, 2019, 02:38:41 AM
As Abdullah asks about the "WW" mark, there is a high pitched scream from the direction of the combat.  This is quickly followed by a loud growling snarl like that of a large cat.  Which in turn is followed a blood curdling scream.  Then all sounds of combat end and the sewers are quiet except for the sounds of water dripping ans splashing.


Unless someone objects the party will head to the left.  Is the marching order still


Grobbitt with a lantern
Abdullah
Quinn
Jeremiah
Bug
Jorgenson


Does anyone else have a light source?

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 09, 2019, 01:55:12 PM
Bug

 leaves shortly the formation and closes to Abdullah.
He ignites his torch on Abdullah's burning one:
"'WW' for 'White Wake' Inn."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 09, 2019, 09:26:06 PM
Abdullah

** Abdullah has a lit torch.



“Sigh”

“It does sound like a damsel in distress. It could be the girl.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 10, 2019, 02:08:52 AM
"Whatever the distress it appears to be over now," says the Skandik disappointedly.


Jeremiah says, "That sounded like sword play.  While I do not doubt that the Senator's daughter was taught to defend herself, I do doubt that she was taught to fight with a sword.  That just would not be lady like."


"Sooo to the rightt or leffft?" slurs Quinn
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 10, 2019, 02:41:45 PM
Bug

 "I'm still voting for left."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 10, 2019, 04:01:07 PM
Grobbitt

Quietly heads left...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 11, 2019, 01:54:06 AM
As Grobbitt begins to move left, Jeremiah gently nudges Abdullah to follow.  as the rest of the party heads to the left.  After about 50 feet you see a tunnel that has broken through the sewer wall on the opposite side of the sewer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 11, 2019, 07:33:36 AM
Grobbitt

Stops, looks and listens...

-------------------

Perception +23.
Rolled 1d100+23 : 19 + 23, total 42

 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 12, 2019, 04:16:22 AM
Grobbitt stops short as he sights the tunnel and peers at it intently for a few moments.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 12, 2019, 08:38:13 AM
Grobbitt

"Can't really tell, what caused this, but I'm not sure but their might by someone, or thing, mining down there..."

He'll quietly move past the tunnel.

(ooc: Just noticed that we are on the opposite side of the sewer... so we are going up?)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 12, 2019, 04:47:13 PM
Correct as the map is laid out you are opposite the tunnel and headed toward the top of the page.  The tunnel is roughly shaped, about 8 feet in diameter and there some puddles on the floor.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 16, 2019, 02:24:37 AM
Abdullah

“So, you’re expert opinion is that someone, or something, is mining down here and caused that tunnel?”

Abdullah shrugs, “Works for me.”

He then, also, tries to move past the tunnel quietly.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 17, 2019, 05:19:23 AM
The party moves past the tunnel quietly.  They continue following the sewer to the left for several hundred feet.  Eventually they come to an intersection, where there is another sewer that enters from the left(?).  You are traveling from left to right on the upper side of the sewer.  So the new branch enters from the top.  Again there is littel flow.  Please provide perception rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 17, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
Grobbitt

Stops again, looks and listens...

-----------------------

Perception +23
Rolled 1d100+23 : 8 + 23, total 31
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 17, 2019, 07:35:35 AM
OOC: once again, this dice roller hates me..
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 17, 2019, 03:05:30 PM
Bug

 marks the direction towards their entrance with an arrow.

(occ: The arrow is on the left corner and pointing to the left.)

edit: The direction of the arrow corrected
I really meant left ...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 17, 2019, 05:46:17 PM
The entrance you came through from the White Wake Inn is actually to the left, and the branch to the north is a new discovery.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 17, 2019, 05:50:39 PM
As you round the corner you see this dwarf blocking your path

https://i.redd.it/5h15z9t623n21.jpg (https://i.redd.it/5h15z9t623n21.jpg)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 17, 2019, 06:06:30 PM
Perception:

Rolled 1d100+15 : 75 + 15, total 90
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 17, 2019, 08:05:51 PM
Are you looking for anything special or just a general sense of what is going on around you?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 17, 2019, 11:03:14 PM
The dwarf does not seem surprised by your appearance.  He has no visible light source and stand square to you on the apron of the sewer, ever so slightly positioned closer to the wall than the open channel.  The red "D"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 18, 2019, 04:07:08 AM
** I’m looking specifically at the dwarf and trying to determine if he is just a miner, a fighter, or both. And, if I can tell what, if any, religious trappings he might have. As well as, if I can determine what social status he might have.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 18, 2019, 03:40:29 PM
Bug

moves closer to the wall.
(To make it easier for Jorgensen to pass.)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 18, 2019, 04:55:25 PM
Grobbitt

"Hello, friend...  I am Grobitt."   He however, does not approach any closer to the dwarf.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 18, 2019, 05:04:34 PM
There is still a line of rats but they are spaced out further and are wary when trying to pass the dwarf.  As to the Dwarf himself, the wears armor, a shield and carries a war hammer.  So he looks like a fighter, but he also has a backpack.  He may be a miner, but that would be difficult to let from what you see.  He has no religious trappings that you can see, at least not from 50 feet away.  Social status is also difficult to assess, especially in a dimly lit sewer.  However, those who can tell such things, see that his armor and weapon are of a better than average quality even from this distance.


Jorgenson moves past but and whispers "Keep an eye out behind us." as he does.


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 18, 2019, 05:06:29 PM
The Dwarf calls out in a deep base voice, but is speaking Dwarven.  His monologue is fairly short and then he stands there staring at you.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 18, 2019, 07:56:31 PM
Grobbitt

Bows and replies in Dwarvern.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 01:46:27 AM
In response the Dwarf says something then kicks a rat into the sewer.  After a few more words, the Dwarf turns and points to the darkness behind him, idly kicking another rat into the water.

The rat hitting the water makes a far bigger splash than you would have thought.  Until you realize that the slash is not from the rat!

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 02:36:55 AM
The gator launches from the sewer water and strikes the Dwarf in knocking him to the ground, he clamps down on the Dwarf's leg.  This elicits a scream of pain from the surprised Dwarf.  The Dwarf has lost the opportunity to strike back.  He is laying on the apron before the channel, obviously stunned, the gator is holding his leg, and there is blood running out of the reptiles mouth.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 19, 2019, 02:02:25 PM
...
Jorgenson moves past but and whispers "Keep an eye out behind us." as he does.

 Bug

 looks into the tunnel behind them, but there is only a wall, nothing has changed in the last few seconds.

 When the gator attacks he turns around and is surprised.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 19, 2019, 02:16:01 PM
Grobbitt

Puts down lantern, Draws and prepares Sling, will launch attack on the alligator when able...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 09:08:47 PM
Grobbitt can draw and load his sling this round and attack with 30% of his MB.  Or he can wait til next round and attack with his full OB +10 as a deliberate action.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 09:12:42 PM
@Bug,


Actually you have turned the corner (headed towards the red D), so behind you is the apron that turns back the way you came and on open sewer channel and on the opposite side is another apron.  Unless you mean as you stand with your back to the wall to let him pass, there is a wall behind you--which is also correct.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 09:40:31 PM
To further clarify, you have traveled about 350 feet from the secret door.  you have turned the corner and begun traveling down the sewer branch toward the red D.  I am assuming that there is about 5 feet between each of you and with 6 of you it would be about 30 feet from Grobbitt at the front to Bug at the rear.  It is about 50 feet from Grobbitt to the Dwarf/Gator.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 19, 2019, 10:12:14 PM
Just noticed I have 2 J's.  The upper is Jeremiah and and the lower Jorgenson, the Skandik.  In the future I will use J and Jo to distinguish them.  To reiterate, attacks could be made this turn, but they would be at a significant penalty by the time the distance is closed or weapons are drawn.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 20, 2019, 03:02:49 PM
Grobbitt

He will wait for a better opportunity... (e.g. attack as deliberate..)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 20, 2019, 10:51:15 PM
In a show of athleticism, Abdullah runs the 50 feet to the gator, drawing his sword and striking a mighty blow in one fluid motion.  **please provide a crit roll, and I will conclude this post.  I will be off line most of the day tomorrow, but please try and have you initiatives and actions for the next round posted before Sunday and I will Post action for that round the next when I return.**
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 21, 2019, 05:36:19 AM
** Abdullah will continue his attack on the gator, provided it’s not dead from the crit.

** how do you run initiative?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 22, 2019, 05:30:10 AM
Abdullah’s strike crashes into the first of the reptile.  The blade bites through the softer scales at the joint and a loud snapping sound can be heard.   The beast releases hits hold on the Dwarf as it hisses in anger!
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 22, 2019, 05:34:18 AM
**as to initiative I have always used 2d10+the QU bonus.   I am willing to consider other options including weapon length, wounds, shields, etc.  but have found that to complicate the determination for very little impact on play.  A pole arm or spear might be the only instance where I would see length being a major factor.  But as I said I am open for discussion on this***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 22, 2019, 05:58:00 AM
I should add that the QU bonus is modified by the armor penalty’s
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2019, 04:52:47 AM
Jeremiah's initiative


Rolled 2d10+40 : 7, 5 + 40, total 52
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2019, 04:56:43 AM
Quinn's initiative


Rolled 2d10+25 : 6, 6 + 25, total 37
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2019, 04:59:24 AM
Jorgenson initiative


Rolled 2d10+25 : 5, 9 + 25, total 39
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2019, 05:12:19 AM
As Abdullah rushes forward to attack the gator his torch illuminates the area beyond the dwarf.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2019, 02:39:34 PM
Another image of the end of the sewer branch you are in where it has collapsed.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 12, 2020, 02:58:58 PM
Please provide imitative rolls in the format 2d10 + Quickness bonus - armor QU penalty
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 13, 2020, 02:15:18 AM
Initiative:

Rolled 2d10+5 : 4, 6 + 5, total 15





You can only have one modifier to your roll.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 13, 2020, 02:40:58 PM
Bug

Initiative Qu +15
Rolled 2d10+15 : 6, 2 + 15, total 23
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 14, 2020, 07:43:10 AM
Grobbitt

Rolled 2d10+15 : 10, 1 + 15, total 26
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 15, 2020, 02:50:37 AM
Abdullah's initial strike hits the beast's foreleg with a loud cracking sound.  The gator's jaws open as it utter's an evil hiss and it's head spins toward the new threat.

Jeremiah moves to close the distance to the Dwarf and attempts to pull him from the reach of the gator. 

Jorgenson moves toward the gator with his spear, if it attempts to flee toward him he will attack, if in range.

Quinn whips the chain from his waist with surprising dexterity and suddenly has a double bladed knife/ax (kama with a second blade at 90 degrees to the first) in one hand and a steel ring and several loops of chain in the other as he advance toward the Dwarf.

I assume that Bug covers the party's rear as others rush toward the Dwarf and gator.

Grobbitt the action is to you, there are now several others between you and the gator.

Abdullah will act next striking the gator again--unless you have another action?

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 15, 2020, 07:39:28 AM
Grobbitt

Unless he has a clear shot at the Alligator he'll hold his shot til he does.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 15, 2020, 10:46:46 AM
** nope, Abdullah’s plan is to strike again.

Strike:

Rolled 1d100+80 : 97 + 80, total 177
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 15, 2020, 10:47:18 AM
Uproll:

Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 15, 2020, 05:37:13 PM
Again Abdullah's blade rises and falls striking the creature.  It is a solid strike doing significant damage (please provide a roll for the crit)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 15, 2020, 06:04:11 PM
Crit:

Rolled 1d100 : 97, total 97
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 15, 2020, 09:08:27 PM
Abdullha's sword strikes the creature in the head, slightly behind the eyes.  The skull shatters and whatever brain the gator had now clings to the iron blade in Abdulla's hand.  to quote the crit, "Strike to foe's head destroys the brain and make life difficult for the poor fool. Foe dies in a heal--immediately."  However, the majority of the creature is still in the water and it's weight begins to slowly pull the exposed portion back into the sewer channel. 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 15, 2020, 10:40:32 PM
Abdullah

“Take that foul beast,” exclaims Abdullah, and then pulls his blade back out of the alligator’s head. He wipes the blade clean before sheathing it in his scabbard.

“Hopefully, it was alone in these waters, but you never know.”

He then takes his torch and holds it out over the sewer, to see if there are any other disturbances, or perhaps eyes in the water.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 16, 2020, 12:50:44 AM
The dwarf is conscious but in a bad way with considerable blood loss.  The line of rats has scattered when the gator attacked and they are no longer visible.  Abdullah sees no other sign of life in the channel of the sewer--it seems even more eerily quite now than it did before the attack, as if everything down here knew that something was going to die when the gator attacked.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 16, 2020, 01:19:57 AM
As an aside--the general mind set of the City State is that there is no obligation to aid the Dwarf.  Live and let die, as the Ian Fleming would say.  Some would even say that the Dwarf had it coming for being so foolish as to kick rats into water known to harbor big crocs.  That being said each character is free to choose their own course, with no GM judgement.

Also please provide perception rolls at your convenience.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 19, 2020, 06:29:03 PM
Bug

covers the rear of the group and follows them always staying close to the wall.
 
Finally he takes a look at the remains of that waterbeast (or the place where it was)
and mutters to himself: "And I thought alligators are hanging from the ceiling."*

__
* This explains his bad perception roll ...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 21, 2020, 02:55:31 AM
Please provide the perception roll, and add an additional roll, just in case so we can keep things moving.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 21, 2020, 09:24:38 AM
Grobbitt

The threat of the Alligator seemingly over, he goes to tend to the stricken Dwarf.

==========================

Perception & First Aid (+ one extra)

Rolled 1d100+23 : 18 + 23, total 41
Rolled 1d100+20 : 18 + 20, total 38
Rolled 1d100 : 98, total 98

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 21, 2020, 09:25:42 AM
Oe roll...

Rolled 1d100+98 : 6 + 98, total 104
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 21, 2020, 11:43:18 AM
Perception

Rolled 1d100+15 : 68 + 15, total 83




Extra
Rolled 1d100 : 40, total 40
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 22, 2020, 01:33:53 PM
As Grobbitt moves toward the Dwarf something on the opposite wall catches his eye.  It appears to be a piece of red fabric sticking out of the blocks of the wall.  This is on the opposite side of the channel from where you are.

As Abdullah cleans his blade and the Hobbit moves closer the illumination improves and he notices some sort of wooden structure on the apron (walkway) of the sewer on the opposite side.  It is rectangular, flat and about 15 feet long and 7 feet wide.  It lays close to where the collapsed material spills onto the apron at that end of the sewer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 22, 2020, 03:08:05 PM
Grobbits efforts to aid the Dwarf make him smile at the kindness, but do little to staunch the flow of blood.  Jorgenson attempt to stop the flow.

Rolled 1d100+15 : 64 + 15, total 79

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 22, 2020, 03:11:08 PM
Jorgenson's efforts do appear to have helped slow the flow a bit but it has by no means stopped.  Grobbitt can try again and working with Jorgenson would add an additional +28 to the attempt.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 22, 2020, 04:05:34 PM
How wide is the channel? Can I leap over it?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 23, 2020, 07:34:11 AM
Grobbitt

He tries again...

Rolled 1d100+48 : 21 + 48, total 69
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 23, 2020, 10:42:55 AM
Abdullah

“You can always just stop it by putting a torch to it.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 23, 2020, 05:48:04 PM
the sewer/channel is 10 feet wide, with no skill in jumping you would need to roll an 85 or higher to clear the sewer.  I am assuming an average height and no skill in jumping.  Please provide a specific height and weight or skill for a more specific rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 23, 2020, 09:43:09 PM
** 5’10” and no jumping skill will mean I wade across.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 24, 2020, 02:40:38 AM
For jumping the base jump distance with a running start is 50 inches + 2x strength bonus in inches for a 5 foot 10 inch person.  Every 2 inches above or below the average alters the jump distance 1 inch in the same direction (i.e. 5'8" = 1" less).  the difficulty levels are based upon the base jump distance as follows:

Routine  = base
Easy = base X 1.5
Light = base X 2
Medium = base  X 2.5
Hard =  Base X 3
Very Hard = base X 3.5
Extremely Hard = base X 4
Sheer Folly = base X 4.5
Absurd = base X 5

In addition, the sewer channel is sheer sided and 10 feet deep so wadding is out of the question--unless you have gills.

Quinn uses the chain he holds to attempt to hook the wood near the end of the collapse.  His first try hits the wood, but fails to lock in.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 24, 2020, 11:41:17 AM
** okay, so, according to this, this is a routine jump for me. So, what would I need to roll?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 24, 2020, 02:02:16 PM
Bug

closes to the group but looking backwards from time to time.

_
Perception +20 already rolled in Bug's Journal
Rolled 1d100+20 : 26 + 20, total 46

additional roll:
Rolled 1d100 : 21, total 21
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 24, 2020, 09:29:00 PM
@ Bug  you notice nothing either in front or behind you.

@ Abdullah your base jump distance is 45 inches=50 inches minus 5 inches (for being 10" less than the average 5'10")    Thus you would need 10 feet+  or over 120 inches to clear the channel, say 3 times your base (giving you 15 inches to split between taking off from and landing on either side).  So this would be a hard maneuver, your roll would need to beat 125 to clear the channel.

ALL--I was shooting from the hip when I originally quoted Dax an 85 roll to clear the channel an then re-propagated my sin here.  For an average man with no jumping skill to clear the channel with a running start would require a roll over 115 and that leaves only 2.5 inches on either side to leave from and land.  I would suggest that leaping the channel will not be easy and there is a reasonable chance of "getting wet".
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 24, 2020, 10:38:25 PM
** I thought you said base is 50” + 2x ST bonus (which for Abdullah would be 2x50), for a total of 150”

This would be over the 120” I need. So, not 3x my base, but a routine jump.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 25, 2020, 01:49:02 AM
My apologies, yes that is what I had posted.  Unfortunately RM2 does not address this issue well, so I sought aid from RMFRP rules.  Unfortunately, those rules use a greatly reduced stat bonus system.  Based upon my review, it looks like that bonuses they use are about 40% of the RM2 bonuses.  Thus, a +50 in RM2 would equate to a +20 in that system.  Times 2 would be a 40" bonus; plus a 45" base for a 5 foot tall character would equal a total of 95". 

For this instance Abdullah can make the jump for a routine roll--beat a 40 on the roll.

Going forward the rule will be For jumping the base jump distance with a running start is 50 inches + (2x [strength bonus X 0.4]) in inches for a 5 foot 10 inch person.  Every 2 inches above or below the average alters the jump distance 1 inch in the same direction (i.e. 5'8" = 1" less).  Using this formula, Abdullah would be able to jump almost 8 feet as a routine maneuver which seems awesome given he has no skill and the world record for a long jump is slightly over 12 feet.  But hey it is fantasy and you are heroes!

Sorry for any confusion.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 25, 2020, 08:21:40 PM
Also since there is no jumping skill, the roll would be modified by -25.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 26, 2020, 06:09:53 AM
Grobbitt says something in an unknown tongue (presumably Dwarven) to the Dwarf, as he heats his dagger in the lantern.  Then he inserts the glowing blade into the puncture from which blood pulses frequently.  Despite the obvious pain, the obvious pain the Dwarf does little more than grunt.  As Grobbitt removes the blade the smell of burned flesh permeates the area around the two.  The Dwarf is visibly paler, but the blood has stopped pumping out of the wound.  The Dwarf says something and then looses consciousness.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 26, 2020, 05:56:31 PM
** what if I threw the hobbit over the sewer, what would my bonus be?  ;)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 26, 2020, 06:34:12 PM

** Got a throwing skill? :D
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 26, 2020, 09:55:51 PM
** no, but I might be willing to regardless. So what if I fumble.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 27, 2020, 12:22:46 AM
Quinn throws his chain again, this time to lands on the wood structure and as he retrieves the chain the sickle head catches on the wood and bites in. as he hauls on the chain, the end of the structure slides from the opposite apron.  It begins to float in the sewer, drawing ever closer to your side as he hauls more and more of the wood off the opposite apron.  It is obvious that he will have a bridge to the opposite side in a few minutes.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 28, 2020, 10:38:14 AM
Abdullah

“Do you need help with that?”

Offering to help pull the chain.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 28, 2020, 12:58:05 PM
Grobbitt

Starts to drag the unconscious dwarf back towards the entrance to the inn.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 28, 2020, 03:10:27 PM
Quinn says, "Once I get it close you could lift the edge to get it up on the flagstones here."  As he nods to the apron at his feet.

Jeremiah moves to the opposite side of Quinn and makes ready to grab that edge of the bridge.  Then asks "You--is it Bug, like the insect?--keep an eye on the channel here I do not relish the thought of suffering the same fate as the Dwarf."

Jorgenson says, "Here I can help with that."  As he grabs the Dwarf's booted feet, "Where do you want to put it?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 28, 2020, 03:47:23 PM
Grobbitt

"Thank you... I'd suggest leaving him with your healer friend... when he recovers, no doubt he'll pay, perhaps be of use in the future."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 28, 2020, 06:35:05 PM
Jorgenson looks a bit surprised, "So you propose to leave the rest down here, while we return to the surface?  Is it wise to split the party so?  Also should we encounter trouble while so encumbered," he nods toward the Dwarf, "we would be at a distinct disadvantage."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 29, 2020, 01:50:33 PM
Bug

peers around and observes the sewer for underwater movement*.


Jorgenson ... " Also should we encounter trouble while so encumbered, we would be at a distinct disadvantage."

Bug turns to Jorgensen: "But there would be the same disadvantage if he stays with us."
___

* Perception +20 (if needed)
Rolled 1d100+20 : 31 + 20, total 51
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 29, 2020, 02:54:15 PM
Bug

holds his post.

After a moment he turns to Grobbitt:
"What did the dwarf say before he was attacked by the beast."
It is easily to guess that Bug shivers with the thought of the alligator.

__________________________
edit: corrected wrong grammar
not "shiver by" it is "shiver with"
Sorry for hurting your ears ... eyes
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 29, 2020, 05:22:46 PM
Grobbitt

To Jorgensonn..  "It's not far, we won't be long a couple of minutes. Besides it'll take them that long to build a bridge. Not something I'd want them to hurry."

To Bug... "He said something about a library... apparently an heirloom, or something. Hold here, this shouldn't take long."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 31, 2020, 01:13:27 AM
Jorgenson shrugs and suggest, "While this one is heavy, I believe that I can manage to carry him on my own.  This will make him less cumbersome and might improve our speed.  But I would appreciate your assistance with the light and opening doors and what not."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 31, 2020, 02:00:11 AM
Jorgenson heaves the Dwarf over his shoulder with no small effort.  He seems surprised by the effort required.  But once the dwarf is in place he does not seem too bothered by the load.  He and Grobbitt head back to the cellar at a reasonable pace. 

In the meantime, Quinn continues to haul on his chain weapon and rebuffs any efforts at aid--almost as if he is resistant to allow another to touch the weapon.  the wood structure is about 3/4 of the way across the channel.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 01, 2020, 02:11:56 PM
The carcass of the gator has finally slid back into the sewer channel, as the end of the snout hits the surface there is a splash.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 02, 2020, 04:16:57 AM
As Quinn continues to haul on the chain he says to Abdullah, "You are quite skilled with your sword.  Where did you study your craft?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 05, 2020, 06:08:08 PM
Abdullah

“Why thank you for noticing,” Abdullah beams, “I’ve had a sword in my hand since I was five. I’ve had private tutors mostly.

Why, do you recognize the style?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 06, 2020, 02:46:47 AM
Quinn says, "Not any particular style that I can detect--but my ability to determine such things is limited--more I noticed the level of skill with your sword.  Here we go If the two of you can lift this wood onto the stone I think we will ave a bridge.  Just be careful not too pull too hard, or the opposite side will pull off that ledge leaving us no better than before I hauled this end over.".
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 07, 2020, 02:20:26 AM
Please provide perception rolls.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 12, 2020, 02:49:53 AM
Bug notices a light swinging about 350 feet back the way you came.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 12, 2020, 11:12:59 AM
Abdullah pulls the makeshift bridge up onto the ledge.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 12, 2020, 03:51:27 PM
Bug

peers into the darkness.

"It seems that our friends are coming back ... but there is something else ..."

"Someone else", Bug makes a gulping sound,
"Maybe your are needed here, Abdullah."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 12, 2020, 10:35:21 PM
While the bridge appears to be little more than a slapped together assemblage of wood scraps, it is actually quite sturdy and functional. 

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 14, 2020, 09:49:01 PM
Abdullah pulls the bridge to the edge, whirls around while drawing his sword and peers into the darkness.

Iai roll:

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100+40 : 2 + 40, total 42

Perception roll:

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100+15 : 19 + 15, total 34
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 14, 2020, 09:49:52 PM
Grr... I hit preview and it posted by mistake
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 14, 2020, 10:23:01 PM
Yeah can't preview with a dice roll  try leaving off the last colon for preview then add it to post
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 16, 2020, 12:46:02 AM
Abdullah draw and spin maneuver

Rolled 1d100+40 : 79 + 40, total 119
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 16, 2020, 12:55:44 AM
Abdullah makes light work of lifting his end of the bridge into place, then at Bug's urging, spins to be facing toward Bug and has his sword in his hand ready for action.

Bug stares into the partial light that exists between the fully illuminated area around the lantern and the dark well beyond.  As he looks, the light source comes closer and he can see Grobbitt and Jorgenson approaching on the same side of the sewer his is on.  The Dwarf is not with them.  As they draw within 25 feet the illumination is strong enough to blot out his vision in the more dimly lit portions of the sewer.

Quinn retrieves the chain weapon and wraps it around his waist again.

Jeremiah looks at Abdullah with more respect that he appears to have had.  The to Quinn he says, "That one has more talents that it first appears, while his manners may not be the best, he is quick and strong with that blade."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 16, 2020, 06:10:31 PM
Bug

"There is a female fighter, but she is walking away.
With no intention to do harm.

And Grobbitt and Jorgenson are coming back."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 16, 2020, 08:14:55 PM
Quinn ventures out to the middle of the makeshift bridge and bounces there for a few moments testing the bridge.  The initial assessment that is was sound has withstood real world testing.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 16, 2020, 09:55:42 PM
Abdullah

“Which direction is the female fighter?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 17, 2020, 01:31:15 PM
Bug

"She walks towards the inn entrance on the other side of the sewer.
Wait what Grobbitt and Jorgenson will tell us."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 21, 2020, 12:55:09 AM
Grobbitt and Jorgenson return from dropping the Drawf at the inn.  Quinn is testing the makeshift bridge ad Jeremiah looks on.  Abdullah stands near Bug about  65 feet from the bridge. 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on February 21, 2020, 07:48:09 AM
Grobbitt

"We are back... the dwarf will live, and my prove of use later.... what goes on here?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on February 21, 2020, 11:49:07 AM
Abdullah

“Bug spotted a female Dwarf on the opposite side of the sewer, but she’s probably only tracking her compatriot, so I suggest we ignore her and continue on our way.

Speaking of which, we got the make-shift bridge in place, so we are ready to continue.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 21, 2020, 01:25:45 PM
Bug

"No, not a dwarf just a normal woman", he looks at Grobbitt,
"You didn't see her? She was on the opposite side of the sewer."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on February 21, 2020, 02:54:10 PM
Grobbitt

*Shrugs*

"I didn't see anyone else... did she look like she was watching us? ... or just going about her business.. whatever that may have been..."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 22, 2020, 11:07:39 PM
Bug

"I just saw her turning and walking away.
But if you didn't notice her, there might be another concealed entrance on the other side of the sewer."

He pauses a moment:
"This or magic."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 23, 2020, 02:09:48 AM
Jorgenson says, "Maybe she hid in the tunnel on the opposite side."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 23, 2020, 03:10:03 PM
Bug

"Maybe, but it isn't easy to succeed."

__

Quote from:  Arthur C. Clark
Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from magic.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 26, 2020, 01:50:02 AM
Jeremiah calls out from the the darkness beyond even the dim illumination from the Hobbit's lantern, "It would be greatly appreciated if someone could bring a light source down here!"

OOC:  I am playing that the lantern provides good illumination in a 50 foot diameter (25 feet in any one direction from the lantern) and dim illumination (heavy shadows) for another 25 feet past the strong illumination.  Torches provide 1/2 the illumination, and candles provide good illumination in a 10 foot diameter.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on February 26, 2020, 08:56:03 AM
Grobbitt

Moves to supply Jeremiah some light.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on February 27, 2020, 12:58:09 AM
Jeremiah says, "Thank-you, Abullah ran off with the torch and left us here in the dark."  Quinn jumps on the bridge, demonstrating it's sturdiness and says, "Come on lets go get the girl!"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on February 27, 2020, 11:24:50 AM
Bug

still peers into the darkness, where he last saw the femal figther, deep in thought.
He is the last one to turn and follow the others.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 04, 2020, 12:39:04 AM
CHIRP CHIRP  The chirping of the sewer crickets grows louder.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on March 04, 2020, 08:30:35 AM
Grobbitt

"Indeed, the trail goes colder each minute we tarry here.... but... are we sure that this is the correct way?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 04, 2020, 10:47:05 AM
Bug
 
"The idea was to follow the rats."
He asks from behind: "Are there any rats?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 04, 2020, 07:48:03 PM
The rats scattered when the gator attacked, there is no sign of them now.  However,

As Grobbitt moves toward the Dwarf something on the opposite wall catches his eye.  It appears to be a piece of red fabric sticking out of the blocks of the wall.  This is on the opposite side of the channel from where you are.

As Abdullah cleans his blade and the Hobbit moves closer the illumination improves and he notices some sort of wooden structure on the apron (walkway) of the sewer on the opposite side.  It is rectangular, flat and about 15 feet long and 7 feet wide.  It lays close to where the collapsed material spills onto the apron at that end of the sewer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 12, 2020, 01:51:16 PM
Bug

goes to the "bridge", turns and closes to the wall.
He marks the wall with an arrow pointing to the left,
then he adds another line from the head turning upwards.
On top he writes "WW" with the chalk.

Bug nods and passes the bridge.
Although all his companion are standing around he notices the fabric:
"Ah, therefore you wanted to pass to the other side.
Is this a piece of clothes trapped in a door?"

___

Is it concealed or easy to spot?
Before you ask: Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 17 + 20, total 37
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 13, 2020, 03:27:29 AM
Thank you for the roll.

It is obviously a secret door, as the fabric is very new compared to the construction of the wall.  While it is at a seam, it is not embedded in the mortar, but trapped between the mortar and the stone.  However, you initial effort to discover the mechanism for the door is a failure.

Maybe a few rounds of study to define the edges would help in another attempt.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 16, 2020, 12:20:12 AM
Quinn staggers toward Bug and looks at the fabric, grabbing the wall to steady himself as he leans over.  As he does so Jorgenson looks back the way that Bug has indicated the woman went, then shrugs and crosses the bridge to where the red cloth hangs from the wall.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 16, 2020, 12:49:03 AM
Quinn has little more luck than Bug and Jorgenson also does not release the door but some aspect of the wall has caught his attention.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 18, 2020, 02:58:08 PM
Bug

steps back as the others study the wall:
"Can you identify the frame of the door?"

Jorgenson stops his movement and a gap opens,
Bug steps forward again and touches the wall:

"Maybe there is a change in temperature ...",
he moves his hand over the wall.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 19, 2020, 01:33:01 AM
Once Bug completes his re-inspection, Jeremiah will look at the wall.  He too seems to find an interesting spot on the wall, but does not release the door.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 19, 2020, 01:30:04 PM
Bug

sighs:

"Do we have to batter this?
At least the fabric shows us one end of the door."

He draw his dagger and put its point to the wall next to the fabric.
Bug moves the dagger in search for a gap and to follow it.
___

Is there a little gap where the fabric is stuck?
The point of a dagger may discover it.

a roll just d100 - sheer luck=
Rolled 1d100 : 87, total 87
("Perception" would be an additional +20; Bug's "Disarm Traps" and "Pick Locks" are each at +10)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on March 19, 2020, 05:30:01 PM
Grobbitt

"I might be able to help.. but I'd need some room..." He says from behind..
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 20, 2020, 02:13:02 AM
Bug places his hand on the wall as he leans down to insert his dagger tip in the gap where the fabric sticks out.  As he does, he feels the stone under his hand shift slightly.  A quick examination reveals that the stone pivots.  When the stone is pivoted out it reveals a dark opening behind. 

When he holds the torch up he sees this within the opening:

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 20, 2020, 02:12:12 PM
Bug

"Oh", he pauses,
"you can hand me a stone."

___

Do I need another "Disarm Trap" roll? (You'll get it anyway.)
And the puzzle to solve after the trap thing: Where does the farbic belong to?

Disarm Traps + 10
Rolled 1d100+10 : 47 + 10, total 57
   :: To be ignored if not needed!
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 20, 2020, 04:50:50 PM
Quinn moves to the pile of rubble and searches for a stone for you.  As he does so, you see that some of the teeth have a dark reddish staining on them.  These stains seem to affect the center teeth more than those closer to the hinge. 

Quinn returns with a stone that is longer than wide or thick, but it is not clear that is will be quite long enough to be held and reach the pan (trigger plate) of the trap while keeping your fingers safe from the teeth.  You could try reaching in and placing the stone next to the trigger, without touching it to see if the length is sufficient.

Jeremiah is also rummaging around in the pile of rubble at the collapsed portion of the sewer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 20, 2020, 08:53:11 PM
Bug

"Thank you"

Then he pauses:
"It is so easy. I could just throw the stone onto the trigger ...
And it is easy to spot.

Maybe its main function is to alert someone ...", he looks for a hint. *

Then he places the stone next to the trigger, without touching it to see if the length is sufficient.

If so, he activates the trap, but he covers his face: "Watch out there is something on it maybe poison that might sprinkle."
___

*  Perception+20 (if needed)
Rolled 1d100+20 : 13 + 20, total 33
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 21, 2020, 01:39:00 AM
The stone will be a few inches too short to save your fingers. 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 21, 2020, 11:29:14 PM
Bug attempts to throw the stone at the trap's trigger.  As he tosses the stone into the opening he covers his eyes.  Nothing happens and the stone lies inside the opening, but the trap remains set.  It is impossible to tell if the stone hit the pan or not, as Bug's eyes were covered.

Eventually, Jeremiah returns from the collapsed end of the sewer with a bit of wood about 2 feet long  "Perhaps this will assist in your disarming efforts." he says, as he passes his treasure to you.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 22, 2020, 05:11:37 PM
Bug

uses the wood to activate the trap.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 22, 2020, 10:46:07 PM
He shoves the stick into the hole, squarely striking the pan/trigger, as he does so the semi-dry rotted stick snaps.  However, it is clear that it struck the pan before snapping.  It is also clear that the stick has had no effect on the jaw trap!
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on March 23, 2020, 08:36:06 AM
Grobbitt

"Why do you want to set off the trap Bug?.... we know it's there.... we can avoid it."

OOC: Grobbitt looks to see if the mechanism is stand-alone or fixed in place (i.e. attached to anything)...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on March 23, 2020, 11:29:56 AM
Bug

Quote from: Grobbitt
"... we can avoid it."

"Can we? When we are in a hurry ..."

Bug gives way to the hobbit.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on March 23, 2020, 05:02:16 PM
Grobbitt's examination of the jaw trap within the hole in the wall finds the trap to be affixed to the wall by the hinge, the pan is attached to the hinge by a short metal rod, but other than that there does not appear to be any other attachments or connections between the trap and anything else.  The entire trap is about 8 inches in diameter and the pan is about 2 inches in diameter.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 05, 2020, 02:02:36 AM
The Hobbit steps back from the hole and reiterates "Why do you want to set off the trap Bug?.... we know it's there.... we can avoid it."  He believes that it would be best to avoid the trap and just get on with the rescue.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 07, 2020, 01:44:30 PM
Bug

"It is just ... I don't like the feeling that there is a threat behind my back."

With a more solid voice he adds:
"Ok, we let the trap untouched."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on April 07, 2020, 05:09:51 PM
Abdullah

“Okay, now that we settled that, let’s move on. Any ideas on how to open this door?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 08, 2020, 04:07:48 AM
Quinn Staggers up to the wall, and gropes around.  After a long search he slurs, "This gotta be the 'nob, there's no odder openin's."  With that he reaches into the hole in the wall with the trap.

Those close by see him insert his arm and them pull back slightly, next you hear a grinding sound.

Quinn continues, "Da pan, is da 'nob.  Ya gotta pull it out and it twists.  Ya heeear?"  He continues to twist his wrist and you can hear something grinding within the wall.  after a minute of his twisting a section of the wall releases and pops out from the rest of the plane.  "There ya seee," he slurs on, "dat was a good un, made ya tink your arms a goner to keep ya out.  Heeee."  He laughs so hard he staggers back a cit before grabbing the wall to steady himself.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 09, 2020, 11:10:16 AM
Bug

holds his breath while Quinn puts his whole arm next to the trap.
After Quinn is done Bug breathes a sigh of relief.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on April 12, 2020, 02:04:33 PM
Abdullah moves up and tries to pull/push the door open.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 12, 2020, 05:28:54 PM
Abdullha steps forward and grabs the free end of the stone door as he tugs on it it swings freely and reveals a corridor leading to a room from what he can see from the sewer, there appears to be a pool in the center.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on April 12, 2020, 07:31:46 PM

** Heads-up - you can delete the black squares ... Might want to paint them and resave?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on April 13, 2020, 01:34:28 AM
Abdullah

Looking to Grobbit, “I believe you were leading us?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on April 13, 2020, 07:45:13 AM
Grobbitt

"I was?". He furrows his brows, shrugs and holds his torch up to better illuminate the room beyond.

"I guess so... but if the trap is any indicator of the welcome we are likely to receive I'd suggest caution.."

He then checks the corridor leading to the pool room for 'the unusual" before proceeding... if he sees nothing he'll creep along it to the threshold of the room beyond and do the same. Otherwise he'll stop.

================
Perception, Stealth, Perception

Rolled 1d100+23 : 17 + 23, total 40
Rolled 1d100+22 : 86 + 22, total 108
Rolled 1d100+23 : 18 + 23, total 41
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 13, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
Grobbitt moves, very cautiously down the hallway, he glides silently along the stone floor.  As he does so, his lantern illuminates more and more of the room.  The room is 35 feet across, and is octagonal in shape.  The pool covers most of the floor; it is filled with smell liquid and is murky making determining the depth impossible visually.  The pool is surrounded by a 5 foot wide walkway.  There are doors in the right (north) and left (south) walls and a small hole in the opposite (north) wall, near the floor.  Another corridor exits this room in the middle of the wall (southwest) between the left wall and the opposite wall.

Despite a thorough searching, the Hobbit finds nothing else noteworthy as he moves down the hall.

Please provide a marching order if it has changes from the prior order:   Grobbitt, Abdullah, Jeremiah, Quinn, Bug, Jorgenson.  As I recall Grobbitt has a lantern and Abdullah and Jorgenson have lit torches.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 20, 2020, 01:16:06 PM
Bug

is not the first to enter the room,
but he is the first to turns to the left side of the pool.

He stops and returns to the entrance and marks it with chalks.

Bug hesitates a moment "What is the penalty for chalking in comparison to intrusion ..."
He draws arrows on the left and on the right pointing to the exit.

Then he passes the pool again on the left side holding up his lit torch and studies the wall and the ceiling.

___
In case needed: Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 39 + 20, total 59
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on April 20, 2020, 03:29:21 PM
Grobbitt

Curious as to why there is a small hole in the opposite wall. Grobbitt thinks about it. Exactly how small is it? Does it look 'built' or 'excavated'? Is it some sort of drain, perhaps there is a slope towards the pool in the room. Although he doesn't go over the other side yet, he crouches down and takes another look at the floor in this chamber.. is it dusty, slimy or dirty? Perhaps there are tracks from here, indicating one route is used more than another.

Putting his lantern careful down at the threshold, he takes out a marble, places it just over the threshold, but only long enough to see if there is a slope. He then pockets it.

================
OOC: Perception Check: +23   
Rolled 1d100+23 : 10 + 23, total 33

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on April 20, 2020, 03:30:58 PM
OOC 2: I am beginning to think that the dice-roller *knows* he's doing a Perception check... and the code changes it to a d20... :(
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 20, 2020, 09:38:23 PM
Jorgenson turns to Bug and says, "They are the same--execution!  But that is only if you cannot fight your way free or are caught by the Black Lotus."  He then chuckles at his own humor, as he slaps the thief on the back.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 20, 2020, 09:55:41 PM
Grobbit examines the floor and finds it to be made of flagstones set in mortar.  Given the nature it is difficult to assess the levelness, but his marble does not move appreciably, except for the natural very slight unevenness of the flagstones.  The hole on the opposite side of the pool is approximately 1 foot in diameter.  The floor is not particularly dusty, but is a bit damp.  There are some muddy foot prints headed to the right and on around toward the hole.  There are other foot prints, as well as rat prints, headed to the door on the left and then on to the archway/corridor.  His study of the hole does not reveal any any signs of it being a drain, i.e. no extra wetness, nor staining near the hole, no depression in the floor from the hole to the pool.  The hole does appear to have been excavated, as the edges are not trimmed/finished; although, the edges do look to have been smoothed.

The liquid in the pool stinks and has a level about 3 inches below that of the floor.  The doors are wooded and do not appear overly stout and both swing away from this room and into whatever lies beyond.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 20, 2020, 09:57:39 PM
**OOC 2:  I hear you I have seen the roller be unkind, but the entire party seems to suffer all at once when trying perception.**
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on April 25, 2020, 11:25:45 PM
Abdullah takes his sword out and tries to measure the depth of the pool near the walkway. He also circles the room to take a look at the small hole, and the walkway between it and the pool.


Rolled 1d100+15 : 5 + 15, total 20
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on April 25, 2020, 11:26:48 PM
*** Hmm...

Roll d20:

Rolled 1d20+15 : 15 + 15, total 30
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 26, 2020, 03:15:51 AM
Wow that is telling about the dice roller!

Abdullah walks the room slowly.  His sword in just under 40 inches long, with approximately 8 inched being handle and pommel.   The blade does not encounter anything but murky stink water to the length of the blade.  If Abdullah wants to get wet he can try to inset it up to the length of his arm.  He hears nothing from the door on the right as he passes by.  The hole is as described before and appears to be extend back into the wall as the end of a tunnel.  Kneeling or lying on the floor would provide a better view.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 27, 2020, 11:35:28 AM
Bug

holds his torch over the pool: "It seems that no one uses the pool anymore."
He looks around. (Is the rest of the room also dirty?)

Bug thinks hard*: Are there abandoned houses in the city (next to the inn)?

____
* In case needed: Region Lore/City Lore (each +15)
Rolled 1d100+15 : 20 + 15, total 35
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 28, 2020, 05:14:53 PM
Bug you know that the City is a thriving place and no building sits abandoned for long.  If it is empty a few days, squatters will move in quickly; but that is only temporary as the Overlord will quickly find a new tenant.  This is part of the City that you are very familiar with and you estimate your potion below ground and attempt to project it to the surface.  You believe that you are somewhere near Caravan Street and the Street of Maelstroms.  Probably near the wine merchants (#74 & #81).
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 29, 2020, 01:18:12 PM
Bug

pauses shortly before he comments the hole: "This might be a spillway for pool use and cleaning."

Finally he turns once again to the entrance:
Is it concealed at this side - like the one in the inn?
Where does the fabric, that stuck in the wall, belongs to?

Is it a piece of clothes, that someone cut to free himself?
__
*(I thought there is a curtain)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 29, 2020, 02:11:11 PM
Jorgenson says, "If that hole is used for cleaning the pool, why did they bother digging it, they obviously don't use it."

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 29, 2020, 02:24:07 PM
Bug looks down the 15 foot long hall from the pool room to the entrance that you came in.  There is no curtain on this side of the door and the door is not so much concealed as it is make of stone, that matches the walls.  On the back of the door the is a large hoop handle.  Pulling on the handle pulls the door shut while pushing on the door from this side makes it swing out into the sewer. The piece of red cloth lies on the floor near the doorway.  It has obviously not been cut, but instead torn from a large piece.  The one edge is hemmed (finished) and it is clearly a superior fabric, with high thread count and even and vibrant red dye.  The cloth smells slightly of flowers, maybe hibiscus; it is very pleasant.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on April 30, 2020, 01:43:50 PM
Bug

examines the piece of clothes:
"Does anyone remember if the end that stick out of the wall was hemmed?
It would show the direction of the movement ....."

(director of photography: Move in on Bug's face while zooming out, to show the moment of insight!)

"This fabric belonges to the missing girl!"

He turns to the others, stops and explains with a low voice: "They brought her here and the door clammed here clothes."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on April 30, 2020, 11:13:20 PM
Jeremiah says, "As I recall the witnesses said that the Middleton girl was wearing a red dress when she was abducted."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 01, 2020, 03:16:06 AM
Quinn slurs, "A stu'ent tolddd me she smellled goood."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 01, 2020, 11:51:11 PM
Jorgenson says, "It's a pretty sure bet she didn't go down the hole!  So it is east, west or northwest, footprints lead to all of them.  Any preference?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 02, 2020, 06:55:05 AM
Grobbitt

Ponders a moment, before clicking his fingers as if remembering something...

===========================

OOC: *FACEPALM* Forgot he's a Sleuth!   My guessing that either Guess or Intuition spells might be of help here...(he knows the list)  but my rules aren't to hand atm. He'll try casting the most appropriate one ;) 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 02, 2020, 08:26:31 PM
@ Grobbitt: Guess will give you a 25% bonus to choosing the desired course, so 50% chance of choosing the path he girl took and 25% chance of each of the others.  You can choose high or low but GM will roll and provide the determination of the spell.

Intuition is a neat spell, the best way I have seen this played it to cast the spell and choose a course of action, i.e. open the left door.  Then play proceeds as normal until the spell duration ends.  At that time, you can decide if you want to stop play based upon your vision and start over, or continue play.  For example, you open the left door and find the girl only guarded by two eunuchs armed with nothing but feather fans, the spell ends and decide to play on.  Or you open the door a a spear trap kills Quinn, before 25 Orcs rush forward with scimitars and falchions, the spell ends and you start over deciding blocking that door might be a better choice.

Theoretically, you might need to cast the Intuition spell 3 times and still might not know the correct course, but you will know what is behind the doors at least.  The guess spell would give you a 50% chance of knowing which way the girl went.  Of course you could improve the odds by eliminating choices--i.e. use intuition or open a door to see where it leads.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 02, 2020, 08:41:10 PM
Jeremiah says, "Master Hobbit, unfortunately I cannot be of assistance, my magical powers lay more in the lines of assessing a crime scene and assuming another's identity for a short time.  My initial inclination would be to assess what lies behind each portal a'fore heading down the corridor.  Never like the surprises that may lurk there should we need to retreat hastily."


** spelling edit**
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on May 02, 2020, 08:47:30 PM

** FYI, that's how I did Intuitions as well.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 03, 2020, 01:46:46 AM
***the first time I saw it played this way was back in the early 80s.  We has a druid in the party who was into eating peyote.  The GM would have him play it out as a hallucination from this habit.   Fear not Grobbitt, you would not need to get "whacked out of our gourd" for your version to work.***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 05, 2020, 03:11:04 PM
Just wanted to make sure this didn't get lost inf the sidebar.

@ Grobbitt: Guess will give you a 25% bonus to choosing the desired course, so 50% chance of choosing the path he girl took and 25% chance of each of the others.  You can choose high or low but GM will roll and provide the determination of the spell.

Intuition is a neat spell, the best way I have seen this played it to cast the spell and choose a course of action, i.e. open the left door.  Then play proceeds as normal until the spell duration ends.  At that time, you can decide if you want to stop play based upon your vision and start over, or continue play.  For example, you open the left door and find the girl only guarded by two eunuchs armed with nothing but feather fans, the spell ends and decide to play on.  Or you open the door a a spear trap kills Quinn, before 25 Orcs rush forward with scimitars and falchions, the spell ends and you start over deciding blocking that door might be a better choice.

Theoretically, you might need to cast the Intuition spell 3 times and still might not know the correct course, but you will know what is behind the doors at least.  The guess spell would give you a 50% chance of knowing which way the girl went.  Of course you could improve the odds by eliminating choices--i.e. use intuition or open a door to see where it leads.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 05, 2020, 07:46:15 PM
Grobbitt

He'll ask the others to take their lit torches from the room. He'll then make his way over to the northern door. Look at it's handle/lock (if any) and try to make out if it's been used recently (i.e. in good working order)... then cover the lantern to check for light from beneath the door... then do the same with the southern one (and also check for light from the nearby corridor). Once he's done that, (and assuming he's failed both perception checks..)... he'll then go back to the entrance and resort to casting cast a guess spell.

===============
OOC: North, then South (Perception checks: +23...  )

Rolled 1d100+23 : 16 + 23, total 39
Rolled 1d100+23 : 47 + 23, total 70
 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 05, 2020, 07:50:58 PM
Grobbitt

Assuming he's achieved nothing by spending the time checking, he'll just close his eyes...

"Enie, Meanie, Miney, but no moe"

He doesn't consider the small hole as a viable exit.. ;)

And spends the maximum time required to cast a Guess spell safely...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 06, 2020, 12:29:25 AM
Grobbitt's spell roll, greater than 4 is a cast 4 or less is a fail

Rolled 1d100 : 99, total 99

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 06, 2020, 12:30:33 AM
Definitely not a failure.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 06, 2020, 12:56:57 AM
Grobbitt sits on the floor and takes his time casting his spell.  He chants to himself as he cast the spell over 3 rounds.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 21, 2020, 02:34:52 AM
Someone might want to check on Grobbitt, he might have fallen asleep.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 21, 2020, 05:52:17 AM
Grobbitt

"zzzzzz....mutter, mutter...which...way...to ....go... mutter...zzzzz"

Wakes up.

"Hmmm... down the corridor I suspect..."

==============
OOC: I had made a reply. I suspect it got lost in the ether... 

 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on May 21, 2020, 05:10:58 PM
Abdullah

While Grobbit is snoozing, Abdullah will fall to the floor and take a quick look see down the small hole.

Perception:

Rolled 1d100+15 : 47 + 15, total 62
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 22, 2020, 01:52:34 AM
Abdullah prostrates himself on the floor and looks into the hole in the wall.  As he peers into the opening he can see this is one end of a tunnel.  The tunnel extends 60 feet west in a straight line, maintaining the 1 foot diameter the entire length.  It appears to open in to another room, but it is hard too see given the dim light at the opposite end of the tunnel and it's small diameter.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on May 22, 2020, 02:18:20 AM
** didn’t you give us a map? I can’t find it.

Abdullah relates what he sees. Gets up, brushes himself off, turns to Grobbit and asks, “well? Which direction should we take?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 22, 2020, 02:45:06 AM
The rest of the party moves toward the corridor.  Looking down the corridor, about 25 feet further on, it opens into another room with a flooded floor. The corridor enter the room on the northeast corner.  There is a narrow (2 foot) walkway around the edge, at least as far as you can see.  There is also a bit of wood sticking into the corridor from the north wall at the floor.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on May 28, 2020, 11:52:27 AM
Bug

follows the lead.
He scans the floor for the possible path the rats might have taken.

(If the floor is flooded, is it possible for rats to enter the walkway?)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 28, 2020, 12:50:07 PM
As the party moves down the corridor more of the room comes into view.  Please provide perception rolls.  The floor here appears to be more of a pool like the last room than just water puddled upon the floor.  The walk way is narrow only about 2 feet wide.  The wooden walkway is slightly wider.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on May 29, 2020, 07:51:42 AM
Grobbitt

Being a little closer to the floor than the rest, he pays particular attention to the bit of wood... thinking it possibly a trap.

=============

Perception check: +23

Rolled 1d100+23 : 25 + 23, total 48
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on May 29, 2020, 11:37:51 AM
Bug

Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 43 + 20, total 63
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on May 31, 2020, 12:45:16 AM
Bug notices that the rat tracks do not follow the walkway, but cross the wooden bridge to the other door.

Abdullah notices that the flooded area is not just a puddle but more of a pool.

Grobbitt notices that although the bridge appears a sturdy shortcut, in reality the wood appears dry rotted and would likely collapse under the weight of anyone (other than rate size or smaller) trying to cross.

Jeremiah looks about and announces, "Look an new room."

Quinn stumbles a bit and does a drunken pirouette at the edge of the pool and seriously warns, " Carefullll, there sooome wadder there." as he points out the pool.

Jorgenson studies the ground and points out that there are some boot prints that follow the stone pathway around the pool.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on June 01, 2020, 01:35:03 AM
** does it look like the same kind of water in both rooms? Is there any connection between the two pools?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 01, 2020, 02:53:51 PM
The water in the two pools looks similar.  Both are too murky to see the bottom or even very far down the sides.  As to in interconnection, short of chemical analysis, geophysics, or magic, I am not sure how you would assess an interconnection?




Edit, grammar
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 08, 2020, 12:52:12 PM
Bug

"The rats crossed the bridge to that door ....
The bridge doesn't look sturdy."

Is there a dry way to get to the door?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on June 08, 2020, 03:18:33 PM
** How long is the wooden bridge?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 09, 2020, 01:01:19 AM
The wooden bridge is 15 feet long.  The other option is a 2 foot wide, flagstone floor that runs around the pool, starting at the entrance where you stand, running south 20 feet, then turning west for 30 feet, before turning north of 20 feet and finally turning east for 15 feet to the door at the end of the wooden bridge.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 10, 2020, 01:53:35 AM
Here is an image of the path around the pool.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 12, 2020, 12:04:41 PM
Bug

scans the first flagstone, turns to the bridge and mutters to himself: "There is a bridge why should his way be trapped?"

He looks to the door: "If this is locked, I should be the first one there."

Bug follows the flagstone floor *
Nonetheless he scans his path especially the place where he spotted a shadow on the flagstones **
(if you look at the path.doc in the middle of the "down side"; maybe just a picture artefact ...).

At the corner he would wait for the others.

___
*  if needed: Agility +10
Rolled 1d100+10 : 58 + 10, total 68
** if needed: Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 98 + 20, total 118
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 12, 2020, 12:09:30 PM
Bug

Perception OE

Perception rolled 98: Total = Perception +98+20
Rolled 1d100+118 : 92 + 118, total 210

__

occ: This breaks the Perception Curse ... or it becomes worse to compensate for this roll.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 12, 2020, 09:53:58 PM
Bug moves around the flagstone walkway with little difficulty.  He pauses for a long time as he studies the floor about halfway around the walk-way.  While it is hard to ascertain what he might have seen he is intent on studying the floor. ***you study the floor intently but have difficulty in identifying the meaning of the ink spot on the map.*** He the continues around the the door and waits for the rest of the party.  The door resembles the others you have seen in this area, made of wood with brass hinges and handles.  The door fits tightly in the frame with no gap at the threshold.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 21, 2020, 05:50:13 PM
Bug

"Hey, come on, it's easy ..."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on June 21, 2020, 05:56:18 PM
Grobbitt

Follows in Bug's footsteps...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on June 21, 2020, 11:46:36 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah shrugs and then follows Grobbit.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 22, 2020, 12:06:32 AM
The others also take the long way around the room and you all now stand before the door.  While waiting for the others, Bug has heard nothing from beyond the door. The door swings away from you and into whatever lies beyond.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on June 23, 2020, 12:32:23 AM
Abdullah

As he rounds the last turn of the path, he strides between Bug and Grobbitt and pushes open the door, stepping into the room with his torch.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 23, 2020, 02:46:44 AM
Abdullah pushes through the crowd at the door.  He grabs the latch and throws the door open. He charges into the opening and sees a short hallway that turns left after about 10 feet.  The hall runs another 40 feet and then turns left again.  After another 50 feet and turns right.  Following the hall, it extends 50 feet past the right turn and then begins to open up, as observed from the last corner.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 24, 2020, 11:19:17 AM
Bug

takes another look at the bridge from this side*.

Is it rotted all the way?
May the bridge support a flight?

___

*in case needed: Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on June 24, 2020, 02:04:21 PM
Bug looks back at the bridge before going through the door.  He thinks, It looks fine to me, wonder what the Hobbit was talking about?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on June 25, 2020, 02:08:04 PM
Bug

recognizes that the damage looks much worse from the other side*.

___

occ: Bug's Perception roll was better than that of Grobbitt, so I believed he noticed the damage too.

Speaking of Perception :: The curse is back :(

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on July 15, 2020, 10:51:49 AM
Abdullah follows the path to where it opens up and then looks around.


** see if my roll is any better then my blind compatriots.


Rolled 1d100+25 : 95 + 25, total 120
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on July 15, 2020, 10:52:41 AM
** woot, uproll

Rolled 1d100+120 : 54 + 120, total 174
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 18, 2020, 12:09:14 AM
***OOC actually open ended is 96+, not that it matters you break 100 either way***

Abdullha peeks around the corner and sees a room 30 feet (north-south) by 35 feet (east-west), there is a door in the north wall at the northwest corner.  Before the door stands a creature, while it stands like a man, it more resembles a giant rat.  In the middle of the room is a man kneeling on the floor, barely moving, His cloak cover back is toward you and he appears to be badly wounded.

You gain this from a quick glance around the southwest corner, where the hall enters the room through an open arch.  To glean more about the room, you will need to turn the corner and make your presence known.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on July 18, 2020, 04:51:32 AM
** map?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 18, 2020, 08:55:56 PM
Was out of town am working on it now, later today.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 18, 2020, 10:07:03 PM
Map of the new room.  The dark spot in the center is the middle is the wounded man.  The other creature is at the door in the northwest corner.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 24, 2020, 01:36:28 AM
Jeremiah and Quinn move to Abdullah's position, without rounding the corner.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on July 27, 2020, 01:46:37 PM
Bug

awakes out of his daydream, about him carrying the girl over the bridge to safety, and rushes to his companions.
But what felt like a month, was only a short break and he finds them peering around the next corner.
He closes silently.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 29, 2020, 07:37:30 PM
To see more of the room, and those within, will require exposing yourself to those within the room.  Right now you are keeping to the north wall of the hallway, so as not to be spotted.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on July 29, 2020, 09:40:44 PM
** are we all accounted for?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on July 31, 2020, 12:58:20 AM
All but Grobbitt.  If you wish to move forward please feel free to do so.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on July 31, 2020, 11:31:07 AM
Bug

gets an urgent look from Abdullah.

Bug doesn't know what is there around the corner, so he listens to the noise ...

Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 65 + 20, total 85

Maybe he can guess the number of possible opponents ... and maybe their perilousness.
Bug thinks of the alligator and the creature - they only heard from afar - at the beginning of this sewer adventure.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on July 31, 2020, 02:47:38 PM
Abdullah gives an exasperated look and then indicates they should ready their ranged weapons. Once they ready themselves, he steps out into the open.

Takes a quick look around.

Perception
Rolled 1d100+15 : 23 + 15, total 38


And then addresses the figure, “greetings... uh, vermin.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 03:26:32 AM
The creature in the center of the room is barely moving, you cannot see his face as it faces the other creature. his cloak covers his legs and feet.  The creature at the far end of the room, is far more animated.  It is difficult to tell if the creature is a man or a rat or something in between.  As you address him, he spreads his arms and says, "The next victims of the Rat King! Come meet your doom like this poor fool."  He then indicated the body lying in the center of the room.  He then begins to laugh maniacally.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 03:30:51 AM
The creature wears a robe of small animal skins.  Bug is pretty sure he smells rats.  Initially the creature looks a bit like this.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 03:31:56 AM
But as he throws up his arms his cloak looks more like this
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 03:33:26 AM
Also as his arms are thrown up you see that what looked like hair before was par to the the robe and his face looks like this:
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 03:44:38 AM
It is only then that you hear the body on the floor croak out, "H-e-l-p" which fades off as he says the "P".
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 01, 2020, 08:18:50 AM
Grobbitt

Moves up behind the rest, but hearing the "Rat-thng" speaking does not go around the corner...  prepares his sling.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 01, 2020, 11:28:44 PM
Action is to the party.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on August 03, 2020, 03:19:31 PM
“Doom, doom, doom, I can’t say I care for all the doomsayers of this world. Perhaps, the next world is really where you ought to be,” Abdullah says as he draws his sword.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 04, 2020, 04:55:41 AM
Jeremiah also draws his sword. While Jorgenson hefts his spear, he plants his right foot to throw and it slips as he puts weight on it, causing him to fall--he fumbles.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 04, 2020, 04:58:16 AM
The Rat King laughs and says, "So these are the heroes, come to do me harm?"  The  maniacal laughter begins again.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on August 08, 2020, 03:37:48 PM
Bug

follows puzzling: Ranged weapon?

Instead of drawing his dagger he graps another torch and ignites it with his burning torch.
With a torch in each hand he steps forward.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 08, 2020, 05:18:05 PM
Grobbitt

Will take a shot if he's fast enough to do so before all the rest of them get in the way, otherwise, hold action.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 09, 2020, 01:41:26 AM
Grobbitt rounds the corner and prepares a sling shot (provide roll); Bug steps into the room and lights a second torch; and Quinn staggers around the corner, placing his had at this hip, where his weapon is wrapped around his waist, but moves it away when he sees the distance to the rat-man.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 09, 2020, 06:22:49 AM
Swirls and releases...

Rolled 1d100+16 : 79 + 16, total 95
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 10, 2020, 12:47:27 AM
The Hobbit steps up sling at the ready.  He inserts a lead pellet into his sling and whirls it above his head.  The rat-man stands still and laughs at the effort.  Grobbitt lets fly, his pellet striking the creature in the arm.  He looks down and brushes at his arm as if a fly had landed.  "Good luck to you, you will need it just to survive Bolso!" With those words he turns and  exits the door.


all please provide perception rolls
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 10, 2020, 12:52:15 AM
Jorgenson
Rolled 1d100+25 : 89 + 25, total 114
Rolled 1d100+21 : 68 + 21, total 89
Rolled 1d100+15 : 43 + 15, total 58


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on August 10, 2020, 03:23:26 PM
Abdullah

With the Rat-King gone, Abdullah watches the prone figure. Confident that it’s a trap, he approaches with his sword drawn.

Perception:

Rolled 1d100+15 : 69 + 15, total 84
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on August 11, 2020, 09:30:37 AM
Bug

looks around: "Who is Bolso?"

Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 50 + 20, total 70
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 14, 2020, 11:22:19 PM
Jorgenson who was following Abdullah stops and says, "What was that? It sounded like a metallic click."

Everyone else notices that in the northeast corner of the room--top right as you enter--there is a very narrow hallway.  It is probably only 2 1/2 feet wide, but 8 to 10 feet high.

Abdullah approaches the downed figure cautiously.  When he is 10 feet away, he notices that there is a rat tail sticking out from under the cloak.  The tail appears to be that of a normal rat, much like those you followed toward this lair.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on August 20, 2020, 10:20:10 AM
Bug

changes his position towards the nearing threat.
His intention is to stand behind their superb sword wielder, but Abdullah is somewhere else.

"Abdullah, as one of our best fighter, you should come over here and engage what ever there is coming.
If we could stop it in the hollow way we limit its movement for a tactical advantage."

Bug doesn't need to add "please" to his words - it clearly resonated in his voice.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on August 21, 2020, 02:00:40 AM
** okay, I don’t think all of us are understanding what’s going on. Can we get a map with all of the known entities on it?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 21, 2020, 11:22:14 PM
At the northwest corner of the room is a closed metal door.  In the center of the room, under the #6, is the apparently wounded man in a cloak.  Abdullha (the poorly drawn A) has approached within 10 feet, to see a normal rat tail sticking out from under the cloak.  At the northeast corner of the room is a narrow hallway the extend off to the east.  This hall would be a tight fit for most of the party and some may not fit--it is only about 2 to 2 1/2 feet wide.  The rest of the party is spread in a semi circle in front of the hallway leading to this room (the thick red line).

Bug's reference to what is coming seems to relate to the Rat King's parting comment, "Good luck to you, you will need it just to survive Bolso!"

Action is to the party.  Please provide your preference as to position in the semi circle or elsewhere in the room and I will revise the map.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 21, 2020, 11:24:40 PM
As a point of clarification the narrow hallway to the northeast is much larger than the hole you encountered in room #2.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 22, 2020, 05:41:27 AM
Grobbitt

"Oh..." He says as his shot bounces off. He retreats and changes weapons drawing a melee one. Staying at the corner he checks behind him... just in case.

"I think the case is not who but what is Bolso...?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on August 22, 2020, 07:23:01 PM
Bug

"Yeah, maybe what ...
so what makes that sound?"

__
Bug took a few steps toward the nordeast corner, so he is standing there at the wall.

Are there other light sources in the room? (if not, it was easy for the rat-being to recognize our approach)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 24, 2020, 12:22:12 AM
Here is the updated map.  Please correct if you disagrees.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on August 24, 2020, 09:29:18 AM
Bug

is relieved since Jorgensen has stepped foward.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 26, 2020, 12:26:24 AM
Once again the action is to the party.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on August 27, 2020, 08:32:41 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah will take the tip of his sword and slide it underneath the tail, and flick It to one side.

While keeping a close eye on the creature, he says aloud, “keep an eye out for anyone coming in from the north east corner.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on August 30, 2020, 12:11:06 AM
Jorgenson says, "I'm on it."

As Abdullah flicks the rat tail with the tip of his sword.  As he does so there is an explosion of movement under the cloak. Rats begin to pour out from under the garment in what appears to be every direction and in a never ending stream.  The room is suddenly filled with a swarm of rats.

OOC: There are 60 rats and they are attempting to attack everyone.  From a game mechanic perspective, they will form 6 packs of 10 each.  When there are 10 rats acting in concert they can make a small attack if the number drops below 10 rats in a pack the attack type becomes a tiny attack.  To start with assume that there is one pack on Abdullah and one on Jorgenson, there are one each headed for Bug and Quinn and there are two more working their was to the entrance when Jeremiah and Grobbitt stand.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on August 30, 2020, 08:20:39 AM
Grobbitt

Upon hearing the mass of squeaks, initially considers smashing the lit lantern to act as a barrier, but then realises that would prevent retreat for his allies.

He'll instead place the lantern in a safe place to the side, and if he has time tries to light a torch from the flame of the lantern he''l do so, before having to face off against the onrushing rodents armed only with a dagger
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 01, 2020, 01:46:14 PM
Bug

steps away from the wall. His intention was to look into the small passage in the northeast corner of this place.

But with the rats emerging he stops and lowers his torches.

____

(Bug tries to keep the rats away and to burn them.
If rats are breaking through and getting close to him, he would try to step on them.
If some rats successfully climb him: Drop torch in right hand, grap rat and throw it away.)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 02, 2020, 05:27:26 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah will try to take out as many as he can while retreating toward the others. He will also take a quick look toward the NE passage to make sure we don’t have any newcomers to the fray.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 03, 2020, 12:38:38 AM
Attacks must be made on individual rats, unless the character has a skill that permits multiple attacks. The use of a torch will be considered a club, but will do an additional heat crit one level lower, but never less than an A. Any effort to stomp or kick rats will be considered an Martial Arts Strike attack. Any effort to grab, throw or swipe rats will be considered a Martial Arts Sweep attack. Any melee weapon can be used against the rats without penalty.

It will take Grobbitt one round to retrieve a torch and one to light it. This will leave him with a lit torch just as the rats arrive.

Bug does not see anything in or coming from the narrow hallway.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 07, 2020, 03:12:17 AM
Abdullah strikes the first of the rats near him with his sword. He slashes and strikes the rat in the spine, and it drops.

Jorgenson uses his hammer and smashes the rat nearest him. This rat too is snuffed out.

Jeremiah draws his sword and advances to the nearest rat. His swing goes wide and misses.

Quinn, who has moved up behind Abdullah, staggers to the left and his foot stomps on a rat. It is unclear if this was on purpose or by accident but the result speaks for it self, the rat is killed quickly and cleanly(?).

Actions are to Grobbitt and Bug

OOC: A correction to the rat count, the swarm is actually 18 rats, in three packs of 6.  When there are 6 rats acting in concert they can make a small attack if the number drops below 6 rats in a pack the rats attack individually and the type becomes a tiny attack.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 07, 2020, 06:22:04 AM
Grobbitt

Holding the lit torch out to use it's flame as a disincentive (aka shield?), rather than a weapon, he tries to whittle the rats down (probably ineffectually) with his dagger..

Rolled 1d100+26 : 58 + 26, total 84
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 07, 2020, 12:58:41 PM
** well, since each of us killed one, are they down to making Tiny attacks already?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 07, 2020, 01:22:38 PM
Bug

swings the torch with his right hand against a rat.

Club -5
Rolled 1d100-5 : 12 - 5, total 7

__
Weaponskills (Club -5; MA Strike 25; MA Sweeps -10)


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 09, 2020, 12:08:14 AM
Grrobitt stabs with his dagger and misses, but the torch does seem to be somewhat of a disincentive.

Bug attempts to bash a rat with his torch, and also misses.

***OOC:  Abdullah, you are partially correct, the rat pack on you and Quinn is making tiny attacks, as does the rat pack on Jorgenson and Bug; however, there is still a full strength pack on Grobbitt and Jeremiah.

I would also suggest that the less offensive characters use whatever weapon/attack provides the best bonus. On that note Dax can you provide a character sheet the one I have shows you with 10 dagger/ 15 MA strikes/ -15 MA Sweeps/ and -15 club***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 11, 2020, 11:16:47 PM
The rats take their attacks:

Rat Pack A attacks Abdullah and Quinn--three strike at Abdullah but none connect.  Two others attack Quinn, who staggers away from each avoiding damage.

Rat Pack B attacks Jorgenson and Bug--apparently the rats do not consider Bug a threat as all 5 attack Jorgenson. Unfortunately for them only one scores a hit and even worse it is only for 1 point of damage.

Rat Pack C attacks Jeremiah and Grobbitt--they make a coordinated attack on Jeremiah but miss.

*** initiatives for the next round--we can do this one of several ways

        1) each party member rolls initiative and each rat rolls initiative--my least preferred

        2) each team rolls initiative based upon the highest bonus of the team and each rat pack rolls initiative
 
        3) the party rolls one initiative based upon the highest modifier and the rats roll one initiative for all 3 pack-most preferred
             as I am lazy 
 
I leave the choice to you***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 12, 2020, 07:03:54 AM
I'd treat each Rat pack as an Individual, and then roll individually. :)

(I'm happy for you to roll our initiatives as well... if it makes things go faster/easier for you ;) )

Grobbitt, will, however, continue to try and do his best to kill/drive off the rats attacking Jeremiah/ignoring him.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 13, 2020, 01:45:55 AM
I am fine with GB's proposal, of one initiative per Rat Pack and each player rolls their own initiative.  If it is OK with the rest of you, I will roll initiatives just to keep things moving.  If anyone disagrees with this approach, please let me know.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 13, 2020, 02:30:32 PM
** fine by me.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 13, 2020, 05:44:32 PM
I am using D10 + Qu bonus for initiative, as it keeps this simple.

Party Initiatives in this order:  A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G

Rolled 1d10+50 : 5 + 50, total 55
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+25 : 1 + 25, total 26
Rolled 1d10+15 : 10 + 15, total 25
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+10 : 8 + 10, total 18
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 13, 2020, 05:58:28 PM
Rat initiative in the fo;;owing order: Pack A, Pack B, Pack C

Rolled 1d10+20 : 10 + 20, total 30
Rolled 1d10+20 : 10 + 20, total 30
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 13, 2020, 08:13:42 PM
Abdullah swings his sword and strikes a rat in the side, a cracking sound can be heard, and then the rat flies three feet through the air, landing on the floor dead. The rats respond with three attacking Quinn and all three miss. One attacks Abdullah and scores a single point of damage on a lucky strike.  Quinn attempts to stomp on a rat, but is skitters away at the last minute causing him to miss.

Rat Pack B attacks with three rats attempting to bite Jorgenson, but he evades all three. A fourth rat delivers a bite from behind, causing a tiny B crit and doing 7 points of damage. The last rat attacks Bug, jumping onto his thigh and delivering a vicious bite (natural 100) doing 13 points of damage, stunning the thief for one round and causing 2 points of bleeding per round (CT crit). Jorgenson seems inspired by the rats attacks and responds with a massive blow to an unfortunate rat, doing 32 points of damage (EK crit) and gaining a +5% bonus to his next strike. Bug spends this round stunned.

The final rat pack while having the slowest initiative still beats Jeremiah and Grobbitt. The rats make a concerted attack (SBi) on Jeremiah but miss. Jeremiah attempts to use a two weapon attack, sword and dagger on a rat, unfortunately both miss.  Grobbitt swings his dagger…
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 14, 2020, 12:02:28 AM
Abdullah

Darting from one rodent to the next, Abdullah calls out over his shoulder, “be on the lookout for Bolso, just in case this isn’t him. Make sure he doesn’t surprise us from behind.”

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 14, 2020, 07:07:27 AM
Grobbitt

"woosh"

Rolled 1d100+26 : 40 + 26, total 66
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 14, 2020, 07:08:19 AM
OOC: That's probably a miss then.. ;)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 14, 2020, 08:46:51 PM
Grobbitt gives it his all but does indeed miss the rat.

Round #3 Party Initiatives in this order:  A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G

Rolled 1d10+50 : 6 + 50, total 56
Rolled 1d10+25 : 2 + 25, total 27
Rolled 1d10+25 : 2 + 25, total 27
Rolled 1d10+15 : 7 + 15, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 14, 2020, 08:48:31 PM
Round #3 rat initiatives, Rat Pack A, Rat Pack B, Rat Pack C,

Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on September 14, 2020, 08:54:23 PM
Round #3 rat initiatives, Rat Pack A, Rat Pack B, Rat Pack C,

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28

** Frank, Sammy and Dean :)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 14, 2020, 11:01:12 PM
LOL I am using your thread for Jorgenson's rolls just so I know where to find them.  Eventually they will return...I hope.  ;evil) evil GM Laugh
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 15, 2020, 02:24:24 AM
Abdullah continues his decimation of the rat population, this time skewering a rat on the tip of his sword. His return swing sends the body flying across the room. Quinn stomps another rat, but it too moves to escape the descending foot; unfortunately for it not quite fast enough, the rat takes 8 points of damage and does not look well. The first rat to attack Abdullah misses cleanly, the second rat to attack him apparently was distracted by its fellow flying over its head, as it bites it's own tail (3 hits). 

This round the rats are quicker than Jorgenson and Bug half the rats sense the blood on Bug and attack him, but without effect the other half attack Jorgenson, sensing that he is the real threat. The first misses cleanly, but the second scores a light wound, doing 11 CT and causing bleeding of 1/rd. Jorgenson strikes back in anger doing 19DP with the crit doing another 4 points to the already dead rat.  Bug attempts to stomp a rat but misses.

The rats get the jump on Jeremiah and Grobbit. Failing to succeed against the sleuth the rat take a shot at Grobbitt with a concerted attack (SBi). The rats score a weak (?) hit (ET) and force Grobbit to parry this round, take 16 hits and loses 2 /rd.  Jeremiah strikes at a rat with both sword and dagger but neither connect. Grobbitt looses this round of action.



math correction
Bug's action
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 15, 2020, 03:08:42 AM
Character Recap

at the end of round #3

Abdullah has taken 1 hit

Quinn has evaded any damage.

Jorgenson 18 hits and -1/ rd

Bug no hit as of yet

Jeremiah has yet to be hit

Grobbitt is just hit by the rats for 16 hits and is bleeding at -3/rd.

Other than Gobbitt the rest of the party has suffered little significant damage; that said Grobbbitt is not in dire straights.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 15, 2020, 09:49:20 AM
** how many rats are left in each group?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 16, 2020, 02:42:17 AM
There are 2 rats left in Rat Pack A. There are 3 rats left in Rat Pack B. There are 6 rats left in Rat Pack C.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 16, 2020, 07:42:02 AM
Grobbitt

*Bloody rats*

Swings with a little more optimism, this time...

Rolled 1d100+26 : 53 + 26, total 79
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 16, 2020, 12:42:53 PM
Bug

stops flourishing the torch around and starts to stomp on the rats close to him.

__

Two (2) attacks (#1) for now:
MA Strike +25:
Rolled 1d100+25 : 10 + 25, total 35
MA Strike +25:
Rolled 1d100+25 : 78 + 25, total 103
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 17, 2020, 02:17:56 AM
Round #4 A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G

Rolled 1d10+50 : 6 + 50, total 56
Rolled 1d10+25 : 8 + 25, total 33
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+15 : 5 + 15, total 20
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+10 : 6 + 10, total 16
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 17, 2020, 02:19:15 AM
And the rat for round#4 Pack A, B, C

Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+20 : 4 + 20, total 24
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 17, 2020, 03:52:37 AM
Round #4 action

Abdullah moves to aid Jeremiah and Grrobitt with their rats. He arrives with a vengeance and hammers the first rat doing an ES crit, that dispatches that rat with enough to spare to kill 3 more.

Quinn stomps a rat doing enough damage to make it 2-dimensional (MaSkB=dead).

Jorgenson swings his hammer striking a rat in the side and disrupting any number of important organs and causing instant death (DS).

Jeremiah is inspired by Abdullah's kill and swings his sword slashing the side of a rat and spilling it's innards and causing a painful death. His dagger attack misses.

The two rats facing Jorgenson and Bug rally for their attacks and focus on Bug, despite this focus effort the thief manages to evade their attacks and takes no damage.

The only rat facing Quinn ties valiantly but fails to score a hit.

The rats facing the triumvirate of Abdullah, Jeremiah and Grobbitt attempt to rally after the new comer has rallied the hero's efforts; unfortunately, for the rats their efforts meet with defeat--one attack on Grobbitt misses and three on the obvious threat, Abdullah, also miss.

Action moves to round #5




Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 17, 2020, 04:03:17 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G

Rolled 1d10+50 : 8 + 50, total 58
Rolled 1d10+25 : 10 + 25, total 35
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+15 : 8 + 15, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+10 : 4 + 10, total 14


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 17, 2020, 04:16:32 AM
Rats round #5 Pack A, B, C

Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 17, 2020, 01:07:10 PM
** how many rats are left with each pack?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 12:54:35 AM
Rat Pack A has 1 rat.  Rat Pack B has 2 rats.   Rat Pack C has 4 rats.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 02:11:23 AM
The 5th round begins with Abdullah swigging at a rat but missing. Quinn staggers to the last rat in Pack A and stomps, but the wily rat escapes his foot.  Jorgenson also swings his hammer but also misses. The 2 rats of Pack B attack the first misses Bug, the second runs onto the head of Jorgenson's hammer killing itself. Jeremiah attacks the rat with his sword and dagger; unfortunately, both miss. Bug attempts to stomp the rat that just attacked him and does 8 points of damage to the rat. The last rat in Pack A strikes at Quinn but misses. The rats of Pack C divide and conquer, with 2 striking at Abdullah--unsuccessfully; the other 2 strike at Grobbitt, the first misses but the second hits for 8 points of damage. Grobbitt has an attack but might want to consider withdrawing as he has taken 94% of his hits and is still bleeding at 2 per round.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 02:14:18 AM
The rat's initiatives Pack A (1 rat), B (1 rat), C (4 rats)

Rolled 1d100+20 : 53 + 20, total 73
Rolled 1d100+20 : 55 + 20, total 75
Rolled 1d100+20 : 13 + 20, total 33
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 02:17:56 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G

Rolled 1d100+50 : 14 + 50, total 64
Rolled 1d100+25 : 71 + 25, total 96
Rolled 1d100+25 : 98 + 25, total 123
Rolled 1d100+15 : 72 + 15, total 87
Rolled 1d100+20 : 37 + 20, total 57
Rolled 1d100+10 : 13 + 10, total 23


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 02:19:55 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G take 2

Rolled 1d10+50 : 7 + 50, total 57
Rolled 1d10+25 : 8 + 25, total 33
Rolled 1d10+25 : 1 + 25, total 26
Rolled 1d10+15 : 3 + 15, total 18
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+10 : 3 + 10, total 13
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 18, 2020, 02:21:41 AM
take 2 on the rats initiative

Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 18, 2020, 07:07:22 AM
Grobbitt

*Defends best he can*
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 18, 2020, 10:40:20 AM
Bug

swears: "Rats", he thinks twice about this insult, so he corrects himself: "Bastards."

He continues to kick asses. (He would move to other packs.)
___
Perception roll to notice Grobbit's distress
Perception+20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 45 + 20, total 65

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 19, 2020, 04:00:32 AM
Round #6

Abdullah takes a wild swing at the rat at his feet, and nicks his own leg for 1 point of damage. Quinn attempts to kill the last rat in Pack A, but once again the rat slips his effort to stomp it. Jorgenson strikes the last rat with his hammer and does 9 hits; the rat does not look well. Jeremiah strikes the rat with his sword skewering the creature and killing it quickly, and luckily not needing the failed dagger attack.  Rat Pack C (3 rats) attacks, two select Abdullah, and one opts for Jeremiah. While one makes a vicious strike at Abdullah, his spinning fumble moves him out of the way, and the second simply fails. The one on Jeremiah fairs equally poorly and misses. Bug's perception of the "Grobbitt" situation is even worse than his attack, which also misses. The one rat comprising rat Pack B attacks Jorgenson and is taken by some type of seizure loosing its attack for 2 rounds.  Grobbitt takes the respite to move out of the room and back to the hallway, where he leans against the wall; then he slowly slides to the floor as he looses blood and consciousness. 


Miss Jorgenson's attack
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 19, 2020, 04:13:16 AM
Rat Initiatives Round#7

 Pack A out with a seizure
 Rat Pack B (1 rat)

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26

Lost rat pack C (3 rats)

Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 19, 2020, 04:17:02 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, with G unconscious round #7

Rolled 1d10+50 : 7 + 50, total 57
Rolled 1d10+25 : 1 + 25, total 26
Rolled 1d10+25 : 2 + 25, total 27
Rolled 1d10+15 : 2 + 15, total 17
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25



Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 19, 2020, 12:22:07 PM
Abdullah

Quickly recovering from his false step caused by the rodent’s attack, Abdullah exclaims, “someone go look after him, I got this!”

He then positions himself so that None Shall Pass without meeting their demise at the end of his blade.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 20, 2020, 02:16:48 AM
round #7

Backing up his words Abdullah, smashes the front of the next rat breaking both front legs before the impact kills the rat.  In response the rat of Pack C attack back, with two striking Jeremiah and one on Abdullah. The first rat missed Jeremiah, but the second scores a minor Hit (BT) that results in Jeremiah taking a total of 7 hits. The rat on Abdullah also misses. Jorgenson looks around and sees 5 dead rats scattered around him but and one knocking on death's door; following Abdullah's words he moves to the rear of the group to help there and says over his shoulder, "Bug continue to monitor that narrow hall and callout as soon as you see movement, even if you don't know what it is."  He swings the hammer at the rat from behind, his blow hits the rat in what used to be his head--it's dead. Quinn takes another kick at the rat who has lost his will to act; this kick connect is a painful way (natural 100, BMASt) to the rat's chest and kills it quickly and cleanly. The last rat facing Bug looks at Bug and runs to the hallway at the northeast corner of the room. Jeremiah get to attack the one of the last 2 rats in Pack C, but fails to connect with the rat.  Bug, realizing that he has no skill in first aid or anything medical, so he continues to watch the hallway.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 20, 2020, 02:19:31 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, with G unconscious round #8

Rolled 1d10+50 : 5 + 50, total 55
Rolled 1d10+25 : 1 + 25, total 26
Rolled 1d10+25 : 10 + 25, total 35
Rolled 1d10+15 : 2 + 15, total 17
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 20, 2020, 02:20:14 AM
Rat pack C

Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 20, 2020, 03:59:47 AM
** C is the only rat pack left, correct?

** how many rats are left in it?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 20, 2020, 08:07:41 PM
Round #8

Abdullah strikes one of the 2 rats left in Pack C, his blade severing the spine and nearly splitting the rat in two. Jorgenson swings at the last rat and lands a strong blow, killing the rat. Quinn moves to Grobbitt and without his typical drunkenness moves to the wound on this thigh. He presses his hand on the wound and the flow of blood slows and then stops. He continues tp hold his hand on the wound. Jeremiah scans the room and sees that all of the rats are dead, the cloak they were hiding under lays in the middle of the room. Jeremiah moves to retrieve the cloak and takes it to Quinn saying, "Maybe you can use this as a pillow to make him more comfortable." Quinn replies, "I don't want to move my hand yet, but if you roll it up you can put the pillow under his head." Bug watches the last rat disappear into the northeast hallway.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 22, 2020, 01:11:43 AM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, with G unconscious round #9

Rolled 1d10+50 : 4 + 50, total 54
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+25 : 5 + 25, total 30
Rolled 1d10+15 : 3 + 15, total 18
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 22, 2020, 01:14:58 AM
Action is to Abdullah
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 22, 2020, 09:41:56 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah waits in the room, expecting more to show up at any moment, and calls over his shoulder, “is he okay?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 22, 2020, 01:14:32 PM
Jorgenson reaches into a pouch and retrieves a small vial with a green stopper. He opens the vial and pours it into the Hobbit's mouth saying, "I hope this works!" after a few seconds the Hobbit's eyes flutter and open.  Quinn says, "I have stopped the bleeding but this will be sore for some time I fear." Jeremiah begins to roll up the cloak the rats were hiding under to fashion a pillow for Grobbit and says, "OH, what's this?" He reaches into the cloak and pulls out a pair of spectacles, as he looks at them quizzically he says, "I doubt the rat's used these. Unusual that someone would toss any item with lenses out with an old cloak." Bug is about to comment when movement catches his eye. He sees the rat that had just run into the hallway, running even faster back into the room.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 22, 2020, 01:16:40 PM
Party initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je,  G round #10

Rolled 1d10+50 : 4 + 50, total 54
Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+15 : 4 + 15, total 19
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+10 : 7 + 10, total 17
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 23, 2020, 12:09:19 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah, anticipating there will be more conflict, moves to intercept the rat.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 23, 2020, 05:55:52 AM
Grobbitt

*still somewhat incapacitated*  Moves gingerly to somewhere where he isn't in immediate threat or a hinderance.. where he'll look at the glasses. "I think it best we leave, if we can.."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 23, 2020, 09:39:34 AM
Bug

steps back from his position:

"Something is coming, something big ... The fled rat flees back to us."

He clears the way even further and looks at their group:
"Maybe we should draw back ... like the rat.

And fast."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 23, 2020, 12:07:36 PM
Grobbitt

Nods in agreement. There's nothing he can do here.

OOC: Map please. :)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 24, 2020, 12:44:18 AM
To clarify Bug's comments occurred at the end of Round #9

The map reflects positions at the start of round #10, if you wish to move you may but it will deduct from your action.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 24, 2020, 01:27:04 AM
Action will begin with Abdullah. If you move to the rat it will use approximately 25% of your action--read as -25% to OB. Quinn acts next, followed by Jorgenson and Jeremiah.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 24, 2020, 09:39:44 AM
Abdullah

Against his better judgment, Abdullah retreats to the relative safety of the corridor. At least this way Bolso won’t get by me.

He makes sure Bug goes down the hall before him.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 24, 2020, 04:45:20 PM
Abdullah, turns to retreat to the hallway, but then notices that Bug has yet to move and hesitates waiting to make sure the thief can reach the cover of the hallway. Abdulla's bravery, inspires both Jorgenson and Jeremiah to come to his/Bug's support.

This was timely, as just after they do, Something appears at the end of the northeast hallway. It is a rat but much larger than any rat you have ever seen. It is more the size of a wolf.  These images give you a sense of what the creature looks like.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 24, 2020, 04:53:31 PM
Here is a revised map
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on September 24, 2020, 07:34:29 PM

"What an unusual size this rodent is possessed of" :)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 25, 2020, 02:10:17 AM
** ROUS?!? Abdullah hides in the Fire Swamp.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 25, 2020, 02:15:24 AM
Abdullah

“Get back! Everyone, get back!”, Abdullah yells to the group.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 25, 2020, 11:07:10 AM
Bug

retreats.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 25, 2020, 04:22:22 PM
Grobbitt

Retreats back the way the party came from..
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 25, 2020, 04:55:34 PM
Bug takes his action to retreat back to the hallway. As Jeremiah moved forward into the room, he handed Grobbitt the spectacles that he found in the cloak. Quinn hands Grobbitt his lantern and then picks up the torch that was dropped when Grobbitt lost consciousness.  He uses his other arm to assist Grobbitt further down the hall. Jeremiah sticks beside Bug as they retreat into the hallway. Abdullah backs toward the hall, as does Jorgenson who now holds his spear before him and is ready to plant it if the rat charges.

Any final actions before the next round?  I am assuming that the party is using the hall to control Bolso's approach and is not in a full retreat, please correct me if I am mistaken. So the order I have now is 2 ranks wide and 3 deep into the hall, with Grobbitt and Quinn at the rear, Bug and Jeremiah in the middle, and Abdullah and Jorgenson at the opening to room 6.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 25, 2020, 05:01:20 PM
Round #11 initiatives A, Q, Jo, B, Je, G and Bolso

Rolled 1d10+50 : 8 + 50, total 58
Rolled 1d10+25 : 8 + 25, total 33
Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+10 : 10 + 10, total 20
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 25, 2020, 08:54:37 PM
** yes, that was my plan.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 26, 2020, 01:58:11 AM
Abdullah and Jorgenson await action from the ROUS (Bolso) and can act once the giant rat takes its action. Quinn holds the torch  high, providing light for the frontline fighters from behind and making Bolso attack into the light.

Bolso on his turn, charges toward the party with terrifying speed and viscous intent. The Skandik sets his spear for the charge of the giant rat. Abdullah seeing the rat's murderous intent and speed, decides not to leap out but to strike after the initial charge. Bolso ignores the spear and times his leap so that he is coming down into the entrance of the hall with all of his weight. Jorgenson's spear strikes the beast in the side and then shatters under the impact. It is difficult to tell if it was the spear tip of the shattered wood, but something has left a thin bleeding line along the left side of the beast's chest. As Bolso leapt, Abdullah moved out of the hallway and strikes the beasts flank with his sword. His sword strikes the beast's side, the the downward momentum of the creature's lunge drives the Abdullah's weapon into it's side.

The beast impacts the front line, with the spear forcing the body to the party's left. Jorgenson takes an unbalancing hit that adds damage and stuns him for a round. Abdullah takes the brunt of the beast's fall, deflected by the spear, and is also unbalanced and is stunned and must parry next round plus he takes additional damage.

The rest of the party is free to act as they see fit, but any effort to attack Bolso will be questionable as the front line is in the way.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 12:27:42 AM
Round #12 initiatives Q, B, Je, G

Abdullah, stunned no parry
Jorgenson, stunned
Bolso, stunned

Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+20 : 4 + 20, total 24
Rolled 1d10+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 01:09:08 AM
Quin has first action, followed by Bug and Jeremiah, and then Grobbitt.

There is currently a calm following the storm of the giant rat's initial attack. As Abdullah's sword pierced the rats chest on the left the impact knocked him and his sword to the left side of the hall, where he stands dazed. Bolso now has another wound that is trickling blood on the opposite side of his chest.

Between the last round and this round the the rest of the party has 2 rounds of action.

Quinn, appears to want to do something, but is stuck at the rear of the party and cannot get past Jeremiah and Bug.  Jerimiah readies his sword, in case he needs to step up, if one of the front line fall.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 27, 2020, 06:30:56 AM
Grobbitt

Maintains a tentative retreat towards the cellar of the inn...
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 27, 2020, 02:26:51 PM
Bug

throws away the torch in his right hand and draw his dagger retreating backwards his eyes on the rat beast.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 04:36:44 PM
As Grobbitt retreats further down the hall, and Bug moves back, Quinn moves forward into the second row.  Grobbitt still holds the lantern in one hand and the spectacles in the other, while Bug has dropped his torch in at the position of the last rank (round #11) and drawn his dagger and he backs away from the combat. 

Quinn offers the torch he holds to Jeremiah who sheaths his dagger and taked the torch.  Quinn prepares his chain/sickle weapon and appear that he plans on using the chain on Bolso, but then thinks better and holds at the ready. Jeremiah hold his sword in one hand an the torch tin the other.  Jorgenson has dropped the broken spear and trades it for his hammer.  Abdullah hold a torch in his off-hand and his sword in his right. 

Bolso stand with his head and chest into the hallway and the rest of his body in rooms 6. His head is between Abdullah and Jorgenson.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 04:41:01 PM
Round #13 Initiatives A, Jo, Q, Je, B, G and Bolso (note a change in order based upon position)

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10+50 : 7 + 50, total 57
Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 4 + 20, total 24
Rolled 1d10+15 : 5 + 15, total 20
Rolled 1d10+10 : 7 + 10, total 17
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 04:43:13 PM
Combat in Round #13 begins with Abdullah, followed by Jorgenson and Bolso.  Quinn, Jeremiah, Bug and Grobbit take action in that order.


Modified for Round #
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 27, 2020, 07:44:33 PM
** do you mean round 13? Cause in round 12 we were all stunned.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 27, 2020, 11:06:38 PM
***Yes, I have modified accordingly***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 28, 2020, 10:07:16 PM
Abdullah

“Ugh... fall back,” Abdullah yells, as he attempts to flank the beast, but then thinks better of it. He brings his sword up along side the ROUS, but instead of hitting the rat, he nicks himself in the process. “No room... no room.” As he fails to swing his sword.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 29, 2020, 02:31:27 AM
Round #13

Abdullah, has recovered from his stun, but still seems a bit confused; his attack does nothing but draw a hit upon himself.  Jorgenson swings his hammer and scores a hit, but does not appear to do appreciable damage. The ROUS swings its head to the right and bites at Abdullah, but misses wildly.  Again, Jeremiah and Quinn are prevented from action because of the tight quarters in the entrance to the hallway.  Bug hears something about falling back an ups his backward pace.  Grobbitt has the last action prior to round #14.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 29, 2020, 06:24:05 AM
Grobbitt

Pockets the glasses and maintains his courageous withdrawal....
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 29, 2020, 02:56:13 PM
Round #14 initiatives, A, Jo, Q, Je, B, G and Bolso

Rolled 1d10+50 : 2 + 50, total 52
Rolled 1d10+25 : 5 + 25, total 30
Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on September 30, 2020, 12:38:46 AM
Round #14 Combat

Abdullah, apparently motivated by embarrassment over his last round, takes a might swing, striking the ROUS in the upper leg. The bone seems to take the brunt of the blow, but it does open another gash on the giant rat the bleeds. Jorgenson swings his hammer overhead and strikes Bolso in the side of the neck. While the impact is not tremendous, the shot was well placed in a tender area, while there is no visible damage, the beast does not look well after the impact. Additionally, Bolso has lost his attack this round as a result of the strike.

Jeremiah and Quinn look on from their front row seats, while Bug and Grobbitt have moved to the corner where the hall turns north. Does Grobbitt turn the corner?

All, please provide a perception roll, with the second rank at -5 and those down the hall at -20.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on September 30, 2020, 05:48:23 AM
Grobbitt

Stops at the corner, peeks around it then, assuming nothings there, will continue his retreat.

(OOC: How far/long to get to the cellar?)

===========

Perception: +23 (-20)

Rolled 1d100+23 : 42 + 23, total 65
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 30, 2020, 09:25:20 AM
Bug

Perception +20 -20 for "being down the hall"
Rolled 1d100 : 96, total 96
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on September 30, 2020, 09:27:06 AM
Bug

open ended: total Perception = 1d100+ 96
Rolled 1d100+96 : 80 + 96, total 176
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on September 30, 2020, 09:49:35 AM
Abdullah

“Huzzah!”, screams Abdullah, “you were a worthy foe... uhhhh, but the outcome was inevitable.”

Perception:

Rolled 1d100+15 : 84 + 15, total 99
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 01, 2020, 01:03:59 AM
Abdullah, Jorgenson, and Bug all notice the sounds of a woman's screams.  The source is not clear but the sounds of female distress are unmistakable to those that hear it.

@Grobbitt, as I understood it, your retreat was slow, with Bug moving backwards. You are in the hallway between room 5 and 6. It is 50 feet to the next bend in the hall, and then it is 40 feet to the next bend and 10 feet to the door to room 5.  Lets just say at this pace you are far from the inn's basement.  You are still well over 750 feet from the entrance to the basement.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 01, 2020, 01:33:38 AM
Round #15 Initiatives,  A, Jo, Q, Je, B, G and Bolso

Rolled 1d10+50 : 10 + 50, total 60
Rolled 1d10+25 : 7 + 25, total 32
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 01, 2020, 06:15:52 AM
Grobbitt

Forges ahead with his retreat... walking up to the next corner taking a quick look around, then proceeding towards the next corner. (and so on.. All at a walking pace. NOT walking backwards..)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 01, 2020, 02:46:09 PM
Bug

turns and rushes back to the entrance.
He overtakes Grobbitt, but stops suddenly peering into the darkness.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 02, 2020, 01:37:32 AM
Round #15 Combat

Abdullah swings first again, but despite the ROUS being stunned, he has a problem connecting with his strike.  Jorgenson fares no better this round. the second rank stand and watches. Bug hesitates a moment at the corner and watches the fight. Grobbitt continues his retreat at 35 feet per round, rounding the second corner in the hallway and is about 20 feet from the door to room 5. Bug. who had been slowly backing away, turns and hurries after Grobbitt at a fast walk/jog and passes the Hobbit coming to the door to room 5, but pulls up short when he realizes that he no longer has a light source.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 02, 2020, 01:39:46 AM
initiatives Round #16, A, Jo, Q, Je, B, G and Bolso

Rolled 1d10+50 : 1 + 50, total 51
Rolled 1d10+25 : 7 + 25, total 32
Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+15 : 8 + 15, total 23
Rolled 1d10+10 : 5 + 10, total 15
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 02, 2020, 02:08:33 AM
Round #16 Combat

Abdullah makes a powerful slash across the creature's chest opening a wound that bleeds freely. Jorgenson smashes the creatures front leg with his hammer and the sound of breaking bone rings out. Bolso spend this round bleeding and his eye's begin to glaze over.  Quinn looks a bit disappointed in not being able to join in the ROUS bashing. Jeremiah shouts back up the hall to Bug and Grobbitt, "It is safe to return, the beast is about to pass!"

Action is to Grobbit and Bug approaching/at the entrance to Room #5, the flooded room with the rotted bridge and the narrow walkway.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 02, 2020, 05:16:57 AM
Grobbitt

*Battered and bruised*  Turns to Bug..  "I am only an inconvenience here, my wound will re-open if not given time to heal.. perhaps the healer can help.."

Struggles through the door, into the room and follows the same route he took to cross the room last time.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 02, 2020, 07:26:36 PM
Bug

still in thoughts: "I believed I heard the woman's voice from here."

"Grobbitt wait. Maybe you shouldn't go alone.
At least you can use the bridge, it's stable."

Bug turns and answers Jeremiah's call:
"It isn't safe for Grobbitt, he is in bad shape."

____
Has Grobbitt still his lantern?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 02, 2020, 09:07:13 PM
Grobbitt

Holds up his lantern. "I'd rather not wait... if you don't mind. It's not far.. a minutes walk at the most."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 02, 2020, 11:58:07 PM
Jeremiah calls back, "Recall the dwarf, I am not sure it is wise to proceed without an armed escort. He can wait here in relative safety, and then accompany the rest of us back."  Jorgenson adds, "I believe we are close I have heard the sounds of a woman in distress! Join us as the heroes we know we are!"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 03, 2020, 01:55:25 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah takes the time to bow to his opponent before swinging his sword for the final time.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 03, 2020, 11:50:48 PM
Bug

is torn.
He wouldn't let Grobbitt go alone, but he isn't the right man as an escort -  but better than nothing.

He turns to Grobbitt, who follows the flagstone walkway instead of the bridge:
"Do you hear that?
You can wait here in safety.
The mission is nearly completed."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 04, 2020, 07:24:15 AM
Grobbitt

He stops, seeming frustrated. He frowns, but waits.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 04, 2020, 07:08:39 PM
initiatives Round #17, A, Jo, Q, Je, B, G and Bolso


Rolled 1d10+50 : 9 + 50, total 59
Rolled 1d10+25 : 4 + 25, total 29
Rolled 1d10+25 : 7 + 25, total 32
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Rolled 1d10+15 : 8 + 15, total 23
Rolled 1d10+10 : 5 + 10, total 15
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 04, 2020, 07:30:32 PM
Combat Round #17

Abdullah bows to the ROUS and the attempts a coupe da gras with and overhead swing. The attempt to sever the rat's neck fails. as the sword lands a bit forward, and I quote, "Strike to foe's head destroys brain and makes life difficult for the poor fool. He expires in a heap--immediately."

Jorgenson looks on a bit amazed, and decides the fight is over.  The corpse of the rat is effectively blocking the hallway. Jorgenson looks at the rat and while he doesn't relish the thought, he begins to climb over the corpse to the room beyond.  He calls back into the hall, "Com'on boys this carcass isn't going to move itself!"

Quinn looks a Jeremiah, shrugs and begins climbing over the corpse, trying to avoid the messy bit of the head.  Jeremiah follows suit.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 07, 2020, 02:20:32 AM
Quinn nimbly scampers over the corpse, Jeremiah attempts to skirt as much of the rat as possible but end up having to climb over the rump. Jorgenson directs the new arrivals in room #6 to grab the tail and heave along with him. He counts 1, 2, 3 and the pulls.  The rat does move, but once Abdullah lifts the middle a bit the rat slides much more. After a second coordinated effort with Abdullah lifting even more the bulk of the rat is out of the hallway.

As the rat slides out Jorgenson says, "I fear that this damn rat bite will be the death of me if we can't stop the bleeding."  Those in room 6 and Abdullah can see that the Skandik's pants are soaked in blood below the knee.  He appears to have been bleeding for quite some time.  He moves to the wall to the north of the hallway and sits down. He says, "Does someone have I knife I can borrow to cut my pant leg off."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 07, 2020, 02:33:30 AM
Round 19

Jeramiah pulls his dagger and cuts the leg off Jorgenson's pants just above the knee. As he does so he exposes two nasty punctures both in the upper calf just behind the knee.  Upon seeing blood pulse out of the wounds, Quinn quickly applies pressure. but as he does, he continues to see blood seep between his fingers.

Abdullah, Bug and Grobbitt action is to you.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 07, 2020, 01:53:30 PM
Bug

hurries back to the others.
He recognizes that Jorgenson also need medical assistance:
"Maybe Jorgenson should go back to the inn with Grobbitt to the healer?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 07, 2020, 05:06:07 PM
Abdullah

Nods his head in agreement, “yes, yes, send back the wounded, but the rest of us should press on, and quickly. Without Bolso the rat king will probably give up the girl without much of a fight.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 08, 2020, 12:40:03 AM
***OOC: While I understand that the rules under injuries states that a recipient of first aid cannot move in a manner to "re-injure" the wound.  I agree that this is very realistic, but in reality, the loss of HP to bleeding is probably well in excess of the blood loss that can be healed by first aid--< 5/rd.  In short, I do not believe that minor bleeding will be re-opened by normal activity.  If the players agree, I will waive the limitations on movement, after first aid to stop bleeding, up to -5/rd.  However, you should be aware that if the characters receive this benefit, so will your foes.  I will wait for your responses, with 3 active players and 1 side line player, a vote of 3 or more in one direction will be a clear decision. should the party tie on the decision, I will reach out to the 3 inactive players to make a final decision.  Should all else fail, I will make the call, but I think you know where I am leaning, given the gritty and deadly nature of combat in RM, I support options that keep the "players" in play.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on October 08, 2020, 01:26:27 AM

** So you're thinking First Aid can do the equivalent of Clotting spells/herbs (target can move at walking pace) rather than Flowstop (can't move)? OK.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 08, 2020, 07:03:54 AM
I've always used the following: A "tended wound" will always reduce the bleeding, whilst a character is able to concentrate on tending to it i.e. If you are mindful of it you can reduce it's effects, albeit temporarily, by simply taking extra time not to exasperate it even without a successful First Aid check.   Bleeds exceeding 5 can therefore be temporarily reduced by 3 to 2/round, just by applying pressure to the wound aka Concentration 50% activity.

First Aid, or rather a successful check will extend these effects and further speed the rate at which normal clotting occurs, making them "Stable" (i.e. not requiring Concentration) unless violent, vigorous activity then occurs.. which is running, jumping etc, without being "mindful" will cause bleeding to resume, unless they have successfully "clotted naturally".

Clotting naturally, is a function of the nature of the bleed, and the type of remedy applied. I've used a rough guide that the rate of a bleed will "Naturally Clot" at a rate of 1 per ten rounds. (Meaning a 5/round will clot naturally... but the victim will have lost 50,40,30,20,10 = 150 hp in the process... usually enough to kill most characters, in about 50 rounds.)

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 08, 2020, 09:50:42 AM
** yes, even past history tells us you can move the wounded, if you are careful.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 08, 2020, 10:12:43 AM
** I speak from authority, of course, having watched several seasons of M*A*S*H growing up as a child some 40 years ago. 😊
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 08, 2020, 10:21:09 AM
OCC

Here comes the two theories "Grab and Run" and "Stay and Play".

Wounded (even badly injured) GI stayed alive, because they didn't move as Grinnen stated due to "Natural Clotting".

I would also go with the effective first aid regarding blood loss.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 08, 2020, 11:04:38 AM
** I speak from authority, of course, having watched several seasons of M*A*S*H growing up as a child some 40 years ago. 😊

LOL I loved MASH. Simply watching Hacksaw Ridge shows that wounded can be moved... and quite *roughly* after first aid is applied... I've done a "little" First Aid training, and having "interesting times" experienced quite severe blood loss several times.. being on Warfarin doesn't help when you experience a 2 inch long cut... but applying pressure still stops it in a couple of minutes... THEN you can bandage it and almost carry on as normal.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 09, 2020, 02:04:23 AM
Thanks for the input all.

@ Oldman  Thank you for reminding me of the spells, I had overlooked that aspect in my first assessment. I have to admit that the concept of bleeding is IMO great, but the consequence as the rules are written, while possibly realistic really hamper game play.

@I8flesh2 my parents took us kids to the drive in and watched the original MASH movie once we were asleep.  But I was snoring so the woke me up--eye opening as I entered adolescence!

@Dax My only concern is that I may alter game balance drastically if I fiddle with the bleeding rules.

@Grinnen Baeritt I like the idea of natural clotting and agree that it would likely lead to death if it were the sole option. I would like to thank you for your service in the matter of collecting bleeding data.  Given your experience and training, how fast would you think that a wound treated with first aid and bandaged would clot? 
...THEN you can bandage it and almost carry on as normal.

What constitutes almost normal? 75% action? anything short of physical exertion? retiring to the sofa with a cup of tea?


I have reviewed the crit tables and the worst I could find was a major abdominal wound that bled at -8/rd. So first aid covering up to -5/round is substantial.  That being said, I also understand that much higher numbers could be achieved with multiple bleeds.  The dreaded Death of a Thousand Cuts. So here is what I am now thinking:

Flow stop is the equivalent to GB's  tended wound, except that there is no need to concentrate. Clotting and first aid are roughly equivalent--this may sell the magic a bit short, but I see those spells as battlefield medic's using them for fast stabilization--once prepared the simply touch the wounded and move on to the next casualty. The biggest issue I see is the  "carry on as almost normal."

Minor Vessel repair (lvl 8) will permanently repair a -2/rd bleeder. The Major vessel repair spell (lvl 10) states a recover of 1-10 days depending upon vessel size and and severity of the wound up to fully severed, and covering up to major arteries and veins. If normal clotting would allow anything short of serious exercise or combat, and that occurs naturally at a rate of -1/10 rds, I would think that a spell or first aid would speed that by at least 25% and maybe as much as 50%, so a cut treated with first aid or a clotting spell would heal to almost normal at a rate of -1/7.5 rds to -1/5rds.  Thus, a -2/rd bleeder, as that affecting Grobbitt or Jorgenson, would clot within 14 rounds at a 30% improvement over natural clotting.  I am inclined to say it takes 8 round/ -1 bleed for first aid to achieve a full clot and 6 rounds/ -1 bleed for magically healed wounds.  Even so the clotting should be completed within 16 rounds of light action.  This of course depends on how we define carry on as almost normal.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 09, 2020, 06:39:15 AM
RE: First Aid & Magical Healing.

The RAW seem to have excluded the many possible uses of First Aid, the most important of which is the ability to restrict further harm..*. In most cases the RAW would simply be to reduce blood flow (mainly by applying pressure) which accelerates the "natural" clotting process. This can be done relatively simply with most open wounds... a single finger might even suffice, depending on the nature of the wound type. Having bandages aids the process (as does using similar makeshift adhoc materials) in effectively maintaining pressure.  In most cases, I'd say this only requires time and an absence of complete incompetence with surface wounds. Basically, simply taking the time (50% action) and NOT rolling a spectacular failure will reduce/halt blood loss by 3 points whilst the natural clotting process also occurs. A successful First Aid roll does the same thing, but perhaps doubles (or more) the natural rate of clotting after completion.  e.g. so a 3/round will totally clot in 15 rounds if left unattended (i.e. no effort is then spent maintaining pressure or if bandages were not used....and it's likely that they were with a successful First Aid check).

Using magic simply has the significant advantage that it generally doesn't require the Physical "aftercare" to achieve the  stated effects.


* I'd extend/allow the successful application of First Aid to halve most  injury penalties in general and also the time taken to naturally recover afterwards in all cases. I.e. quick action prevents the damage to "spread" to it's full extents.... instead only being "not as bad as the patient initially thought..". The additional "healed" aspect being the removal of the "shock effect" of the wound.


As to what constitutes "carry on as normal", Walking (even a fast walk possibly, depending upon the nature/location of the wound) Otherwise it depends on where the injury was and the time taken to perform the action... i.e. it's less likely to re-open if you spend twice the time to perform it (being careful).  Any Melee combat obviously is a no no... though parrying at a penalty should be a possibly. 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 11, 2020, 12:49:06 AM
I have looked through Character/Campaign Law and saw that the injury table shows tissue wounds (which I assume the bleeders are--the only other category that might apply was muscle/tendon, but that seemed to me to be more of the pulled muscle, sprained ankle, etc. kind of wounds). Light tissue wounds heal in 1-3 days, with the vast majority (36-100%) take one day to heal.  Only 15% take 3 days to heal and another 20% take 2 days to heal.  The table shows 36-65% as being 1 day, which I would assume to be 24 hours. Then there is a entry for 65-90%, as being 1 day, which I would consider as 12 hours,  and finally on rolls over 91% the healing is 1 day, which I would consider 6 hours.

I interpret this to be the the time until fully healed.  The use of spells, herbs and medical procedures (including first aid can speed the recovery time). 

So here is what I propose:

Healing on the table is for light wounds (use  X5 for medium and X10 for severe).  The table says hospitalization or other specialized care will  halve the times.

For light wounds the range is -1 to -5 bleeds per round, so roll straight on the table for -5 bleeding, but add +10 to the roll for each point of bleeding <5. For example, +10 for 4 /rd bleeding and +40 for 2/rd bleeding.  This will skew the recovery to be short for lesser wounds.

As this is full recovery, treatment such as doctor's care, continued ministrations by a herbalist, the use of acupuncture, etc. will halve that rate. Certain spells and herbs can also speed the healing process.

I am fine with GB's -1 point of bleeding /10 rds as natural healing. As to first aid, I would say that it can be used to stop -5/rd bleeding and reduce other bleeding by that amount. I would think that first aid for other types of injury would have similar effects--0%-20% penalties due to an injury can be addressed via first aid, or a greater penalty can be reduced by 20%.  I do not think that first aid, would speed healing beyond the initial boost (but I may be swayed on this with good supporting evidence).

I also think that when a wound is 50% healed, movement beyond the walking pace can begin with minimal threat of reopening the wound. This is not to say any action is possible, maybe light maneuvers, and at 75% the victims could attempt medium maneuvers. A failure at these attempts would indicate the wound has been re-injured.

Given that as the theory, applying this to Grobbitt would yield the following:

    * First aid has stopped the bleeding of -2/rd

    * wounds and blood loss had taken him to -2 total hits

    * Jorgenson's potion raised him back to 8 HP

    * So a roll on the wound table will be modified by +40 (only -2/round bleeding originally)

    * A hypothetical wound roll results in 56 + 40 for a 96, so he would be fully healed in 6 hours.  In 3 hours he could begin light
          maneuvers and in 4.5 hours he could attempt medium maneuvers without significant risk of re-opening the wound.

This seems both workable and realistic, but I welcome comment.  GB is this in keeping with your experience?  Old Man, does this make sense with the magical and herbal aspects of the game?




Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on October 11, 2020, 01:34:54 AM

** A quick thought is that you might want to consider how the 3 healing skills - First Aid, Second Aid and Surgery - work vs. the different severity of wounds - Light, Medium, Severe
** Perhaps First Aid is best vs. Light and then has a -25 to 50 vs Medium and -50 to 100 to Severe. Second Aid is best vs. Medium and has -25 to 50 vs Severse and Surgey best vs Severe wounds??
** Not sure how this will affect additional effectiveness of Spells or Herbs
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 11, 2020, 07:57:34 AM
Rolemaster is a great system. But it is also a fantasy game.... and most importantly a game. The "rules" are simply guidelines and as a system RM has loads of skills, most of which have fairly scant guidelines of interpreting reality in a setting were magic is a reality. Healing is one of those.  Currently we have a systematic procedure that rationalises how damage is caused and attempts to follows a path to how it is applied and when.

Combined damage effects are "Caused" in RM which is defined by concussion and critical results. The concussion effect is mainly shock and bruising (but also included are critical results of additional hits, stun, stun no parry and must parry results, all of which are triggering a temporary part-mental/part-physical instinctive reaction from the victim rather than lasting actual physical harm). Bruising is purely automatic physical response to perceived injury by the body in an attempt to prevent further harm.  Shock is the bodies way of telling you to slow down for the body to "re-boot".

First Aid, Second Aid and Surgery are all Healing skills, that as Old Man correctly describes as best being able to effect 3 different levels of injury.

First Aid is also an emergency response to an injury, Second Aid is a more defined, physical treatment of a more permanent nature, whereas Surgery is for dealing with the most severe external injuries and for the exploration and repair of internal damage. The suggestion that each skill can potentially be used on the other is reasonable. Therefore Surgery would also be used at -50 to external light wounds (plus -25 medium external).. and Second Aid at -25 on either (light or severe).

The suggestion that First Aid, in particular, might "speed" recovery rates, isn't meant to be exclusive, rather all three should, it's "how" that first aid does it that is different and it's more to do with the "game mechanics, playability and reality" aspect of injuries.

When an injury is suffered, the character eventually will make a recovery roll to determine how long each injury takes to heal, based on the definition of the injury type and severity. Most of the time this roll happens (for speed of play and convivence) some time after the incident that caused the injury, this is modified by the healing ability (CON) and the race of subject.  However, what if the body was initially "tricked" by shock into thinking that the injury was far worse than it actually was? That's where I believe that "Game Mechanics" and First Aid can improve the odds a little in the favor of playability and fun...               
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 11, 2020, 09:00:48 PM
GB, to paraphrase, you are suggesting that the recovery rate increase from first aid (and other methodologies) addresses the shock/mental aspect of injury in addition to the physical aspects and therefore improve the healing rates.  ???

So the additional healing from first aid (+50%) would alter our hypothetical Grobbitt example to 3 hours for full recovery from a relatively minor bleeding wound.  Light maneuvers could be attempted within 1.5 hours and medium maneuvers within 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Based upon my personal experience bleeding and a review of the medical nature of clotting, this seems a reasonable rate once the bleeding has been stopped.

Old Man do you see this disruptive to the herbal cures or spells?  I am thinking that the use of flow stop to stop the bleeding is one thing, but a bandage and a successful first aid roll would double the healing speed. Add an herb that doubles the rate of circulatory healing and you could actually see a 4X healing rate.  This would mean that a combination of skills might actually come close to the effects of a single higher level spell.  And that would be in keeping with RM's philosophy of multipe ways to achieve the same effect.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on October 11, 2020, 11:05:49 PM

** I'd be careful to not allow multiple doublers - either the herb or the skill but not both - that would mitigate exceeding spells and make parallel paths to the same effect viable.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 12, 2020, 06:21:07 AM
Basically, yes. But more that the "Chart Damage" is more representative of a temporary mental "worst case scenario" that only comes into play if further tested. Swift first aid and correct triage procedures allow for a more accurate assessment of a wound and overrides the natural reluctance due to a perceived wound or prevents undue activity, which would then bring the full penalties to bear.

Examples:  You fall. Whilst the chart might read "Broken leg", it's not, just badly bruised, swollen and with a relatively minor fracture. You may act as if it's broken suffering the same penalties as if it was broken or ignore it and exasperate the wound by activity to a point where the indicated chart penalties then become real. First aid allows you a "mental slap" that provides you with the true extent of an injury, which if successful actually determines it's the lesser result. Second Aid and Surgery are different in their effects are actually "Healing" real damage after the event.

Herbs and Spells can be used to simply replace the effects of "real" skill based healing, you would take the "Best result" not both.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 12, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
Looking at the clotting spell, it calls for 1 hour of no more than walking for complete recovery. But allowing for 2X halving the healing rate would take a medium roll for light bleeding healing from 6 hours to 1.5, which is still comparable, but slower than the clotting spells--1 hour.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 12, 2020, 11:02:54 PM
***OOC this probably should have been put in another thread, but I am fairly satisfied with the way it has worked out.***

It is now round 19, Jeremiah has cut off the leg of Jorgensen's pants above the knee; Quinn is applying first aid to Jorgenson, Bug is hurrying back to room 6. Action is to Abdullah and Grobbitt. Grobbitt can roll for his wound +40. Like time served, he has been moving at a walk for 11 rounds--next round = 2 minutes. 

For those looking to leave room 6, your options are the metal door at the northwest corner or the narrow passage way at the northeast corner.  The narrow passage way would mandate turning sideways to fit and not all characters might make the squeeze.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 13, 2020, 02:47:37 AM
**  iirc, the king went out the metal door, and Bolso came from the other door?  What direction did the woman‘S cry come from?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 13, 2020, 04:05:17 PM
As a clarification, the Rat King exited the metal door, and Bolso entered the room from the narrow hallway, which has no door, at least on this end.  The woman's cries cam from the north, they were loudest at the narrow passage that Bolso came from--whether this was due to proximity or the lack of a door is difficult to discern.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 15, 2020, 12:03:09 AM
Bug returns to the rest of the party in room 6, having left Grobbitt back in room 5.  He arrives to find Jorgenson sitting with his back to the east wall, missing the pants on his left leg from the knee down. Quinn is applying pressure to the two punctures in his upper calf. Quinn's efforts seem to have succeeded in stopping the flow. He then cuts a strip from the missing pant leg and bind the wound.

Jorgenson smiles at Quinn and says, "Thank you. While I am still a fair but from unconsciousness, I think it best I take one of the healing draughts just ion case."  He opens another vial from his pouch and pulls a blue cork and drinks the contents.  Upon doing so he looks markedly better.

He eyes the narrow corridor at the northeast any says, "I would not want to have fight within those confines, not even a small rat." Then he looks to Bug and says, "Opening locks, that's your specialty, right? Maybe you can open that metal door?" nodding his head and indicating the door in the northwest corner of the room.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 15, 2020, 12:19:44 AM
Almost as an after thought, Jorgenson turn to Jeremiah and asks. "Could you please retrieve my spearhead.  The shaft is easy and cheap to replace, but the iron, not so much."  Jeremiah moves to comply, thinking, Is he that frugal or have is miss judged the base wealth of a large segment of the City's population? He is a man-at-arms and is gainfully employed, his employer provides him reasonably powerful herbs/magics so his pay is likely not small, yet he worries about the cost of a 30 bronze spear?  I will have to look into this further once we are out of the sewers.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 15, 2020, 09:42:29 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah looks to Bug, and nods toward the metal door, “perhaps you should look for traps as well”.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 15, 2020, 01:37:20 PM
Bug

walks slowly over to the door, he stops while Abdullah speaks.

"Traps? Not at this side.
The rat being didn't arm anything on this side."

He continues his walk to the door, "but who knows ..."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 16, 2020, 01:48:43 AM
Bug moves to the door and examines it for traps. He finds none and proceeds to produce a set of lock-picks and kneels before the door.  He uses his torch to examine the key hole and then selects 2 of the lock picks and begins to work them into the key hole. He works the pick back and forth and slightly away from each other. Suddenly there is a loud metallic click. Bug looks over his shoulder and smiles. He packs up his tools and stands before the door. He reaches for the latch and slowly cracks the door. When there is no obvious trap that springs, he opens the door slowly a bit more and peeks into the hall beyond.

As Bug works on the lock, Jeremiah uses his torch to explore the narrow hallway. After the initial reconnaissance the meet back at room 6 and report their findings. See the map below.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 16, 2020, 11:14:11 PM
Abdullah

Bug turns to find Abdullah up in his personal space. Abdullah then nods and motions for Bug to move along, impelling him to move beyond the door.

(If Bug does move through the doorway, Abdullah will follow closely)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 19, 2020, 11:49:04 AM
Bug

accepts that it is his turn to lead.
He advances carefully.

(Torch in his left hand, his dagger in his right hand)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 19, 2020, 08:41:19 PM
Bug, followed closely by Abdullah, then Jorgenson, Quinn and Jeremiah. He proceeds 35 feet down the hall and comes to another corner.  Peering around the corner this is what he sees.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 19, 2020, 08:44:23 PM
Quinn urges the party forward to the next intersection. While a bit hesitant at first, Bug figures it is only 10 feet more and he has back up!  He moves quietly to the next corner, with the hall intersection from the right (east) and sees the following.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 19, 2020, 08:45:14 PM
Suddenly you hear more screams from a woman. They are coming from the hallway to the east.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 20, 2020, 12:34:41 AM
** 19 Rat King Turn East pdf not loading properly.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 20, 2020, 12:44:24 PM
***Try again now***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 20, 2020, 01:38:48 PM
** still no
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on October 20, 2020, 01:41:38 PM
** still no

** No prob here. That's odd.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 20, 2020, 02:50:57 PM
Bug

turns east to the hallway and increases his speed.
He doesn't recognize that Abdullah lags behind.*

___
occ: * because 19 Rat King Turn East pdf is not loading properly on his master's device.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 20, 2020, 03:14:40 PM
** ah, okay. Got it.

Abdullah

Abdullah catches up quickly to Bug, peering around the corner to see the double doors.

“Now, these he could have had time to arm a trap.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 20, 2020, 09:39:17 PM
***I am glad, as I had runout of options to present the image and keep the fine size less than 200KB***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 21, 2020, 01:58:44 PM
Bug

sighs and steps forward to the doors looking for a trap.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 22, 2020, 02:07:26 AM
The doors look like this, the inset is a close up of the handles.  There does not appear to be a lock and Bug believes that there is not a trap on the door either. It appears that a good tug on the big rings will swing the doors open.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 22, 2020, 02:18:40 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah reaches forward and gives the door a good tug.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 22, 2020, 10:55:51 AM
Bug

tries to stop Abdullah:
"Wait! There are other handles, smaller handles ...below the big ones"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 26, 2020, 02:09:12 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah shrugs and continues to pull the larger rings.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:22:38 AM
As the doors swing open you see the room below:

To either side of the doors are two alcoves each occupied  by a skeleton, on the left the skeleton is dressed fancily and there is a dog at his feet; on the right is a skeleton in a robe playing a flute.

Directly in front of you are three rows of pews.  At the #9 is the Rat King on his knees chanting. 

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:25:06 AM
On the dais in front of the Rat King is a giant rat bronze statue. 
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:26:40 AM
There are chains around each of the rat statues arms that are attached to the wrists of a girl with ref hair and a red dress.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:32:39 AM
For those who care to look left they see the skeleton that resembles this:
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:34:57 AM
Near his feet is a small black dog--I will post when I find the image but imagine a Schnauzer.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:35:44 AM
On the opposite side of the hall is the flute player that looks like this:
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 26, 2020, 02:38:56 AM
As the party appears in the doors to the temple, the woman in red starts squealing/yelling "Help me, my father is rich!"

At her outburst, the Rat King looks back to see the party.  His chanting immediately takes on a different tone.

***please provide initiative rolls all--including Grobbitt.***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on October 26, 2020, 03:20:45 PM
Bug

Initiative 2d10+Qu-Bonus = 2d10+15
Rolled 2d10+15 : 10, 9 + 15, total 34
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on October 27, 2020, 07:27:45 AM
Grobbitt

Rolled 2d10+10 : 6, 3 + 10, total 19
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 28, 2020, 01:42:14 AM
Abdullah

Initiative:

Rolled 1d10+50 : 7 + 50, total 57
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on October 28, 2020, 02:02:35 AM
** what is the scale on the map? How far is the rat king away from me?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on October 28, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
***The map scale is each block = 5 feet so the Rat King is approximately 35 feet away. I will need to verify Abdullah's Base movement rate but I expect it to be in the range of 70 feet or so.***

*** Clarification MBR is 75 feet***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 02, 2020, 02:06:46 AM
Abdullah, moves around the pews to the right to get a clear strike at the rat king.  As he rounds the end of the pews the Rat King springs up and flings a dagger at Abdullah in a surprisingly quick and fluid motion. Despite the unexpected and sudden move, Abdullah's armor deflects most of the damage with the duelist taking only 2 points of damage.

Quinn leaps onto the pews and bounds from bench to bench stopping poised upon the pew closest to the Rat King.

Jorgenson moves to the left side of the pews and attempts to flank the Rat King as he turns to ace Abdullah.

Jeramiah holds his ground and switches his vision from side to side keeping an eye on the skeletons.

Abdullah strikes at the Rat King, but is off balance from dodging the dagger and only scores a minor hit, little more than a scratch.

Quinn whips the weird chain weapon from his waist and launches it at the Rat King, the chain whips out and strikes the rat king in the back with a powerful strike that forces him (the Rat King) to parry next round.

Jorgensen move closer to the Rat King so that he is positioned to strike from the rear.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 02, 2020, 02:18:07 AM
Round 2 Initiatives, A, Q, Jo, Je, B, G, and the RK

Rolled 1d100+50 : 50 + 50, total 100
Rolled 1d100+25 : 92 + 25, total 117
Rolled 1d100+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d100+20 : 79 + 20, total 99
Rolled 1d100+15 : 82 + 15, total 97
Rolled 1d100+10 : 97 + 10, total 107
Rolled 1d100+35 : 66 + 35, total 101
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 02, 2020, 02:19:04 AM
blew the rolls 1d100 vs 2d10
 So I will divide the base roll by 10 to obtain initiatives
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 02, 2020, 03:58:02 AM
So revised is
Round 2 Initiatives, A, Q, Jo, Je, B, G, and the RK

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100+50 : 50 + 50, total 100 =55
Rolled 1d100+25 : 92 + 25, total 117 = 34
Rolled 1d100+20 : 1 + 20, total 21 = 21
Rolled 1d100+20 : 79 + 20, total 99 = 28
Rolled 1d100+15 : 82 + 15, total 97 = 23
Rolled 1d100+10 : 97 + 10, total 107 = 18
Rolled 1d100+35 : 66 + 35, total 101 = 42
[/quote]
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 05, 2020, 05:15:27 AM
Abdullah strikes at the Rat King again, who deftly parries the strike, after which he has his back to the statues and slides 5 feet counter-clockwise around the steps leading to the statue. Quinn was poised to strike again, but after Abdullah's and the RK's exchange, Abdullah is too close to the RK for Quinn to risk attacking. Jeremiah continues to observe the skeletons, and takes the opportunity to study each. Bug moves around and behind Abdullah and the Rat King and up  the stairs to the girl, where he begins to examine the lock at the girl's wrist. Jorgenson closes with the RK and swings his hammer, connecting but doing little damage.

As the round ends, the Rat King looks around the room as if he is expecting something to happen.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 05, 2020, 04:22:55 PM
** map update?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 06, 2020, 02:56:42 AM
Here is a map of the temple area.

Abdullah and the RK are standing at the base of the stairs at about 4:30-5:00. Bug is up on the dais, at the top of the stairs near the right side of the statute, at the girl's left arm. Jorgenson is at about the location of the "9" at the 6:00-5:30 position. Quinn is standing on the first pew, at about the middle of the bench. Jeremiah is positioned behind the pews so that he can keep an eye on skeletons in in alcoves, between the last and second pews.  Grobbitt is by the door to room 5.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 06, 2020, 02:07:57 PM
Round 3 Initiatives  A, Q, Jo, Je, B, G, and the RK

Rolled 2d10+50 : 4, 8 + 50, total 62
Rolled 2d10+25 : 10, 1 + 25, total 36
Rolled 2d10+20 : 10, 3 + 20, total 33
Rolled 2d10+20 : 10, 9 + 20, total 39
Rolled 2d10+15 : 9, 10 + 15, total 34
Rolled 2d10+10 : 8, 8 + 10, total 26
Rolled 2d10+35 : 2, 7 + 35, total 44

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 11, 2020, 03:14:26 AM
Abdullah moves to the left trying to position himself to the flank of the Rat King; however, the RK pivots with him. Abdullah swings at the Rat King, but misses his foe. In response, the Rat King slashes back at Abdullah with his short sword, his strike does little damage (-3 hits). Quinn realizes that the positioning between Abdullah and the RK has placed Abdullah in the path of his attack, so he holds his action.  In an odd twist of fate, Jorgenson has also been squeezed by Abdullah's new position, and is forced up the stairs of the dais to get to the RK. Jorgenson also misses the Rat King as his hammer swings wide.  Jeremiah maintains his vigil on the skeletons, but just after Jorgenson's attack yells out!  "We have company! Some sort of rat things, they have 4 rat legs and 2 human arms and are about 2 feet long. There are 4 of them, no wait 5 of them. They are at the door and coming in now!"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 11, 2020, 10:54:34 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah grunts, “I have the King the rest of you, make sure those things don’t get to me.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 12, 2020, 01:59:27 AM
Round 4 Initiatives, A, Q, Jo, Je, B, G, and the RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 2d10+50 : 6, 8 + 50, total 64
Rolled 2d10+25 : 8, 6 + 25, total 39
Rolled 2d10+20 : 3, 4 + 20, total 27
Rolled 2d10+20 : 5, 3 + 20, total 28
Rolled 2d10+15 : 7, 1 + 15, total 23
Rolled 2d10+10 : 3, 9 + 10, total 22
Rolled 2d10+35 : 7, 6 + 35, total 48
Rolled 2d10+20 : 8, 2 + 20, total 30
Rolled 2d10+20 : 9, 7 + 20, total 36
Rolled 2d10+20 : 10, 3 + 20, total 33
Rolled 2d10+20 : 1, 4 + 20, total 25
Rolled 2d10+20 : 2, 5 + 20, total 27
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 12, 2020, 04:49:20 AM
Abdullah swings at the RK but misses; the RK swings back and catches Abdullah's arm just below his doublet's sleeve, slashing his silk shirt and the skin below, it is a nasty cut (17 hits) but fortunately is not a bleeding wound.

Quinn leaps from the front pew to the rear pew, there he uses his odd chain weapon to strike at Thing 4. The chain whips out and the iron ring strikes the creature in the back, with a hard glancing blow.

Thing 2 charges Jeremiah and claws at his legs, well more accurately tries to claw at his legs, but fails to connect. Thing 3 moves to bite Jeremiah, and scores a nasty bite to his calf (19 hits) and forcing him to loose his action this round. Thing 1 leaps onto the pew that Quinn is standing on and attempts to grab his leg, but fails to hang on.

Jorgenson charges toward Thing 4 swinging his hammer, striking the creature in the side. It looks unwell (down 2/3 of hits) after the strike. Thing 5 whips its tail over its head and launches an electrical charge at Jorgenson the lights distract him forcing his to parry next round and doing 14 hits.

Bug continues to work on the manacles on the girl's wrists.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 12, 2020, 11:08:16 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah winces in pain, or perhaps, it’s just a perverse smile; like he may be enjoying this far too much.

“Let me guess... those animations will cease to function once you cease to function as well?!?  We bested your Bolso... we will best you as well.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 13, 2020, 12:56:23 AM
The Rat King smiles his twisted buck-toothed smile at you and says, "You really think that if you manage to kill me--which you will not--the Rat God would abandon his special children while they are in his chapel?  No my friend, it is you fools who are about to meat Death, and I will relish your death for having killed my Bolso."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 13, 2020, 01:00:30 AM
Round 5 Initiatives, A, Q, Jo, Je, B, G, and the RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 2d10 : 1, 7, total 8
Rolled 2d10 : 4, 4, total 8
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 6, total 13
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5
Rolled 2d10 : 6, 3, total 9
Rolled 2d10 : 10, 4, total 14
Rolled 2d10 : 8, 2, total 10
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5
Rolled 2d10 : 9, 4, total 13
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 7, total 14
Rolled 2d10 : 6, 1, total 7
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 1, total 8
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 13, 2020, 01:07:34 AM
Don't know why to bonuses didn't add in

Rolled 2d10 : 1, 7, total 8  =  58
Rolled 2d10 : 4, 4, total 8  =  33
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 6, total 13 = 33
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5   = 25
Rolled 2d10 : 6, 3, total 9   = 29
Rolled 2d10 : 10, 4, total 14= 29
Rolled 2d10 : 8, 2, total 10 = 20
Rolled 2d10 : 2, 3, total 5   = 40
Rolled 2d10 : 9, 4, total 13 = 33
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 7, total 14 = 34
Rolled 2d10 : 6, 1, total 7   = 27
Rolled 2d10 : 7, 1, total 8   = 28
Rolled 2d10+20 : 5, 3 + 20, total 28
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 16, 2020, 01:26:25 AM
Round 5 in the Giant Rat temple

Abdullah, swings his sword at the Rat King, and strikes the body (5 hits), as he twists and ducks. When the Rat King sands again, his shorter blade powerfully strikes Abdullah's body (21 hits) and provides the RK initiative the next round. Abdullah looks down on the RK in surprise and slumps to his knees, before falling face first to the floor.  The Rat King spits on Abdullah's body and says, "That was for Bolso!"

Thing 2 attempts to grapple Jeremiah's leg, but the man shifts his foot just as the Thing lunges, leaving it's fingers slipping free.  Quinn and Thing 1 exchange blows but neither scores a hit. Jorgenson was forced to parry this round by the Shock Bolt of Thing 5 last round. Bug continues to work on the girls manacles. Thing 5 advances on Jorgenson, looking to capitalize on the effect of his Shock Bolt, unfortunately, the Skandik's parry creates a nearly impenetrable shield. Thing 4 withdrawals from his engagement with Jorgenson, moving back toward the door. Jeremiah delivers a viscous slash (17DS+3) to Thing 2, who earlier missed the grapple attempt, and that creature to parry next round.  Unfortunately, Jeremiah's attack took his focus off Thing 3, who delivers a bite to Jeremiah's calf doing some damage (9DT+3).
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 16, 2020, 02:16:38 AM
character status

Quinn no damage as of yet

Jeremiah is currently at 10 of 29 hits

Bug no damage as of yet

Jorgenson 76 of 103 but his wound is bleeding again.

Grobbitt 8 of 34
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 16, 2020, 02:23:43 AM
Round 6 initiatives Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 1d10+25 : 10 + 25, total 35
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+15 : 10 + 15, total 25
Rolled 1d10+10 : 8 + 10, total 18
Rolled 1d10+40 : 9 + 40, total 49
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 4 + 20, total 24
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 17, 2020, 02:10:43 AM
Round 6 combat

The Rat King looks out over the pews at the party fighting the rat creatures and laughs loudly, then shouts, "Kill them all my friends, they deserve it for what they did to Bolso.  You fools thought to best the Rat King, owe to you, and now you will pay the ultimate price for your mistake."

In response to the RK's taunts, Quinn delivers a vicious kick to the upper leg of Thing 1. The creature is in obvious pain and looses 2 rounds of action and is operating at a significant malus. Thing 5 attempts to claw at Jorgenson but misses widely.  Thing 1 and Thing 2 both spend this round parrying. Jorgenson find it difficult to get past the creature's defense due to its full parry.

Bug manages to undo one of the shackles on the girls wrist and immediately moves to the other.

Thing 4, which has retreated back toward the door, arcs his tail up over his back and the electricity crackles about the tip but it does not seem to have the strength left to actually cast.  Thing 3 bites at Jeremiah again, but misses badly. In response Jeremiah strikes at Thing 3, skewering the creature (11AP), forcing the creature to parry next round and gaining +10% to his next attack.

The girl looks as if she is about to yell out, but suddenly decides maybe it would be best to keep quit.  She turn to
block the RK's view of Bug, while still holding her arm in the manacle as if it is stilled locked.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 18, 2020, 02:38:48 AM
Round 7 initiatives Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 1d10+25 : 7 + 25, total 32
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+15 : 1 + 15, total 16
Rolled 1d10+10 : 5 + 10, total 15
Rolled 1d10+40 : 10 + 40, total 50
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+20 : 9 + 20, total 29
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 18, 2020, 04:45:16 AM
Round 7 combat

The Rat King smirks and continues to observe the battle between the rat creatures and the party.  Then he says, "Feed my brothers! You would be heroes are fools thinking that you could best me! That is the difference between the intelligent and the stupid.  I am intelligent and have barely dirtied my hands in this fight, as I let my minions battle you.  You are stupid and will die for naught, sacrificing your blood to my Rat God."

Quinn ignores the taunts and continues his assault on Thing 1, doing 7 points of damage, stunning the creature and forcing it to parry for 2 more rounds. Thing 2 strikes at Jeremiah but misses Jeremiah.  Thing 3 has lost this round of action due to Jeremiah's attack last round. Jorgenson delivers a devastating blow to the rear leg of Thing 5, bone can be heard breaking, as the creature is knocked down. It takes 36 hits, operates at -75%, and is stunned 3 rounds. Not to be outdone, Jeremiah strikes at Thing 3, striking its chest where ribs are heard breaking.  The blow does 11 hits, forces the beast to operate at -25 and is stunned with no option to parry for 2 rounds. Thing 4 again attempts to cast a shock bolt, but fails. Thing 5 is forced to parry as a result of Jorgenson's attack.

Bug continues to work on the manacles.

The Rat King frowns at the way this round played out.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 18, 2020, 11:33:24 PM
Round 8 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 5

Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+20 : 7 + 20, total 27
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+15 : 10 + 15, total 25
Rolled 1d10+10 : 8 + 10, total 18
Rolled 1d10+40 : 3 + 40, total 43
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 8 + 20, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 19, 2020, 02:46:39 AM
Round 8

The Rat King might be a bit worried about his minions ability to dispatch the heroes, or he may want to be closer to gloat over the party's demise; either way, he moves closer to the position of the majority of the party. He moves toward the skeleton in the black top hat, near the end of the second pew. "Take down these foul pretenders my rat-like brothers, they claim to be sovereigns of the sewers, but we know better who rules the land below the street! Bare your teeth; rake your claws, and raise your tails for now is the time to claim your due and the fools as a filling meal!" He the surveys the battle ground from his new position.

Quinn strikes Thing 1 with a roundhouse kick to the neck and shoulder, bone can be heard breaking and the creature lands on the floor unconscious. Thing 2 strikes at Jeremiah with its claws and does a moderate blow (10AS) however, the crit yielded no additional damage. Jorgenson follows up his last strike with another almost identical hit (21EK) on thing 5 that does an additional 12 damage and yields the Skandik initiative next round. The strike proves to be too much for the creature and it collapses. Jeremiah swings his broad sword and connects with Thing 2 with moderate success (10BK+6). Thing 4 continues his futile efforts at casting a shock bolt, with the same success at his prior attempts.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 21, 2020, 09:15:46 PM
Round 9 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10+25 : 9 + 25, total 34
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d10+20 : 5 + 20, total 25
Rolled 1d10+15 : 6 + 15, total 21
Rolled 1d10+10 : 2 + 10, total 12
Rolled 1d10+40 : 5 + 40, total 45
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Rolled 1d10+20 : 10 + 20, total 30
Rolled 1d10+20 : 3 + 20, total 23
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 21, 2020, 10:59:47 PM
Round 9 Combat

The RK suddenly seems upset. He is looking around the room as if he lost something, but he can't seem to find it. He jumps up onto the second pew and continues to scan the room.  The more he looks the more concerned he seems to get.

Quinn ignores the distracted rat man and leaps from the pew to strike Thing 3. His foot catches it low in the chest and provides a powerful strike (9A+5), which leaves the creature stunned. Thing 4 attempts yet again to use its tail to shock bolt anyone, but the effort fails. Jeremiah inspired by Quinn, delivers a devastating blow to Thing 2 (23ES). His sword strikes the skull, destroying the brain and making life difficult for the poor fool; foe expires in a heap--immediately.

While Bug continues to work on the lock on the girl's other wrist, Jorgenson finds himself without a foe.  As he looks around he sees the Rat King obviously distracted and moves behind him, but still on the floor. The spike on the Skandik's hammer slides between two ribs; the impact knocks him from the pew, and he tumbles over the first pew to the floor at the base of the stairs to the dais. Much to Jorgenson's surprise the hammer is still lodged in the Rat King's back, leaving him without a weapon for the moment.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 21, 2020, 11:07:56 PM
Round10 initiative in this order Q, Jo, Je, B, G, RK, Thing 2, Thing 4

Rolled 1d10+25 : 3 + 25, total 28
Rolled 1d10+20 : 1 + 20, total 21
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+15 : 9 + 15, total 24
Rolled 1d10+10 : 1 + 10, total 11
Rolled 1d10+40 : 5 + 40, total 45
Rolled 1d10+20 : 2 + 20, total 22
Rolled 1d10+20 : 6 + 20, total 26
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 22, 2020, 06:43:24 PM
Round 10 action

The Rat King continues to lay on the floor, his lack of motion begins to arouse suspicious about him plying  opossum. Quinn advances to within 10 feet of thing 4 and begins whirling his chain weapon. The pattern he weaves with the chain is hypnotic, for anyone watching. The chain files away from the martial artist and strikes Thing 4.  While the blow does not seem strong, the creature drops. Bug works on the lock, luckily opening this lock is easier as he has already picked the sister lock on the other manacle.  He stifles a shout of success, as he hears the tell-tale click of the latch releasing. And just like that the girl is free of the manacles. Jeremiah and Thing 3 square off, Thing 3 rears up on its hind legs and Jeremiah slashes at the beast.  As the sword strikes the creature, it claws at  the mans wrist. Both score hits, the claws rend the flesh of the wrist and do 10 hits and open a bleeding wound (-2/rd); the sword slashes the side of the creature (15DS) doing an additional 20 hits and exposing internal organs. The creature drops to the ground and makes a pitiful sound, Jeremiah also drops to the ground but does not make a sound. Jorgenson approaches the Rat King cautiously. He kicks the RK's foot tentatively, then kicks hard at the knee and finally he leans in and wrenches the hammer from the Rat King's ribs. He rolls the man thing over and confirms it is dead. There is no evidence of the cause of death from the front; however, now that he is back down there is a very quickly growing pool of blood under the body.

The eerie post battle silence is broken by the high pitch voice of the woman yelling "My hero!" As she throws her arms around Bug.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 22, 2020, 07:13:24 PM
In the aftermath of the temple battle, Jorgenson's wound has reopened and he is bleeding at 1/round. Jeremiah has a gash on his wrist bleeding at 2/round and lies on the ground motionless. Abdullah lays face down on the floor and is not moving. Quinn is undamaged, but has moved to Jeremiah. Bug is undamaged, unless the fawning of the girl counts as damage. Grobbitt was last seen in room 5 awaiting an escort to the basement of the inn.

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on November 22, 2020, 07:17:22 PM
** medic! :) Good job gents vs. the bad guys

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 24, 2020, 03:11:29 PM
Bug

is immobilized by the grip of the girl (Is it her strength, her vicinity or just his low stand that make him umcomfortable).
Nontheless parts of his lock pick set drops to the ground.

"We will bring you back to your father."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 25, 2020, 05:32:09 AM
Round 11

Quinn checks the vitals on Jeremiah and clearly announces, "He is alive, for now!" and he begins ministrations to the aristocrat.  He applies pressure to the wound and the flow of blood slows then stops.  Quinn uses the blade of his weapon to cut a bandage from the aristocrat's silk shirt.  Jorgenson moves to Abdullah's body, after a moment he declares, "He is alive and stable."  Then the Skandik addressed his own wound, but first he cuts a strip of cloth from Abdullah's silk shirt. The Skandik quickly stops his bleeding and applied the bandage he cut from Abdullah's shirt. He then moves to Abdullah and checks him out. He turns to Quinn and says "He is alive but unconscious." Jorgenson considers both Abdullah and Jeremiah, then says, "The aristocrat is bigger, so I say I use my last healing potion on him, as Abdullah will be easier to carry." Quinn considers the Skandik's words, then says, "But the fop is better with his sword, just in case we run into trouble." Jorgenson nods and says, "Good point."  He then walks over to the prone body of Abdullah and with draws the second green vial, he pulls the top off and pours the liquid into the nobles mouth. The potion works its magic and Abdullah recovers 17 hits. After a few moments his eyes flutter and he re-gains consciousness. Jorgenson says, "This one is back, now we need to find a means of carrying the aristocrat out of here."

Action is to the party.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 26, 2020, 02:59:55 AM
Abdullah

“Oh, Sultaniya...”, he says groggily, “I really need to give up the hairy marmalade.”

He rubs his eyes, and looks about the room.

Blinks a few times, and then asks, “did we get... of course.”

He then smiles at the girl, winks, and says, “now let’s get you home to daddy.”

He then gets up... nearly falls... rights himself as nothing happened... sheaths his blade... and picks up the aristocrats body and proceeds to head back to the inn.

Pausing briefly at the doorway to the temple, “we really need to come back hear once we drop this lot off and give this place the once over... are you guys coming?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 26, 2020, 11:32:13 AM
Bug

picks up his picks.

"Wait. Can you really carry him or should we build a stretcher out of the pews?"

"At least there is no problem in the flooded room;
the bridge is sturdy, it only looks rotten."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 26, 2020, 01:32:27 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah pauses for a moment, jostles the body, and claims, “I’m good. He can’t weigh more than 13 stones. The day I can’t lift that much, I should hang up my scabbard.”

He turns and, with little effort, carries the aristocrat, like a rag doll, out the door.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 27, 2020, 02:01:49 AM
The girl leans to Bug's ear and whispers, "Pushy isn't he." Then giggles. The party exits the temple and backtracks through rooms 6. Upon seeing the carcass of the ROUS, the Scarlet squeals and exclaims. "Thank the gods that thing is dead, that thing always scared me so!"  She hugs Bug and purrs, "You are so brave."

The party moves on to Room 5 and finds Grobbitt still waiting.


Action is back to the party.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on November 27, 2020, 06:35:22 AM
Grobbitt

Struggles to his feet, brushes the remaining crumbs off... "Is everyone OK?"

Sees Abdullah with his burden... and sighs... "Obviously not"

"I saw a rat-thing.... they looked shocking...  did you get them all?"

He looks nervously around.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on November 27, 2020, 02:05:30 PM
Abdullah

“Don’t worry, my little friend, my sword’s blade is still quite sharp,” Abdullah says with a smile.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on November 29, 2020, 04:18:45 PM
Scarlet looks surprised at the sight of the Hobbit, but after the interaction with Abdullah, she turns to Bug and says, "Oh, he is with you."

The party moves on retracing their steps from Room 5, Grobbitt insisting that they follow the narrow ledge around the room as opposed to the wooden bridge. Bug contends that the bridge is fine, but Scarlet adds the the Rat King had followed the ledge. From room 5 they follow the diagonal hallway back to Room 2 with the pool in the center, doors to the north and south, the small hole in the west wall and the hall to the sewer in the east wall.

Once into the sewer, you see a massive swarm of rats at the collapsed end of the sewer. There have to be over 60, they cover the aprons on either side of the sewer, Quinn's makeshift bridge, and there are even rats on the exposed soil of the collapse face. At the sight of the rat Scarlet lets out a blood curdling scream, and flings herself at Bug. Quinn turns to the girl and says, "Quiet yourself or we may have much more to contend with that a swarm of rats." The girl blanches and looks like she might faint. Jorgenson notes. "There maybe many rats, but they do not move to attack us. In fact they are simply milling  about with no specific direction or action."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on November 29, 2020, 05:42:21 PM
Bug

is irritated by the attachment of the girl:
"Look at those fighters - this one is even an aristocrat.
And he came to save you."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 01, 2020, 12:49:19 AM
Scarlet looks directly into Bug's eye and replies, "Yes but they were more concerned about the rat man and his weird armed rats or even the skeletons, but it was you who came to my rescue and released my bonds.  Besides, you are much more handsome than any of them."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 02, 2020, 01:35:53 PM
Bug

accepts her attitude and enjoys her vicinity for now on their way back to the inn.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 04, 2020, 09:37:37 PM
Jorgenson (AKA Captain Obvious) surveys the rat situation and declares, "We need something to distract or scare those rats so that we can cross!"

As if in response, Quinn whips his chain weapon onto the waters surface creating a reasonable splash. At the noise, about 15 of the rats scurry away. Quinn looks disappointed and then says, "They must have been the only ones around when the alligator attacked."

Jorgenson looks around and asks, "Any other ideas?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 04, 2020, 10:55:16 PM
Abdullah

“In my youth, my friends and I would chase vermin with fire.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 11, 2020, 05:50:34 AM
***OOC I am really hoping for a player to step up here and try something***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 11, 2020, 05:50:59 AM
***anything!***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 11, 2020, 07:11:30 AM
Grobbitt

Taking a torch from his back pack.... he lights it from his lantern, then edges forward... keeping the lit edge close to the ground (not that hard when you are a Hobbit), suggesting the rest do exactly the same thing.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 13, 2020, 03:16:33 AM
The rats back away from Grobbitt's  torch as he moves it towards them. As he advances the scurry from his path. While the technique works, due to the number of rats, additional torches would be needed to clear a path for the entre party.

As Bug looks down into the channel he can make out the form of the giant gator, being s bit darker that the rest of the bottom of the channel. He points out the outline to Scarlet and says, "Look, the alligator. Abdullah killed it alone." She shakes her head and says, "You are so modest, I am sure you played a role in the attack. But that doesn't matter, we have found each other now." 😍 😍 😍

***thanks I8flesh2***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 13, 2020, 03:48:29 AM
😍
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 13, 2020, 04:31:26 AM
Abdullah, thankful he is not the object of some schoolgirl crush, lowers his torch, as well, to drive off the vermin.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on December 13, 2020, 01:10:41 PM

** I wonder how her family is going to feel about this development (overjoyed for her return vs. who is this fellow?!)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 14, 2020, 02:45:52 PM
The torches clear the rats from your path and you cross the bridge that Quinn had set up on your way in.  The party moves up the apron away from the collapsed tunnel section toward the corner that turns right back toward the White Wake Inn's basement.

All please provide perception rolls--Grobbitt and Bug may add an extra 25%.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 14, 2020, 06:08:32 PM
Perception

Rolled 1d100+15 : 10 + 15, total 25
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 14, 2020, 06:09:29 PM
** Good to know Abdullah is consistently oblivious to everything around him.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 15, 2020, 10:25:47 AM
Grobbit

Perception: +23 -30 (injury)+25 = +18

Rolled 1d100+18 : 46 + 18, total 64
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 15, 2020, 02:40:45 PM
Bug

Perception +20 +25
Rolled 1d100+45 : 71 + 45, total 116
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 16, 2020, 10:20:47 PM
As you turn the corner toward the basement of the White Wake Inn, Bug notices that someone or something has rubbed out his chalk marking the arrow pointing toward the basement has been rubbed away, just leaving a chalk dust smear where it was. As you approach where Grobbitt had wedged the door partially open the Hobbit notes that the door is fully closed.  Again someone or something has removed Grobbitt's wedge allowing the door to close.  You are sure of the location because Bug's X and WW chalk markings are still present on the wall/door.

Who will attempt to open the secret door from this side?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 20, 2020, 01:08:20 AM
Scarlet elbows Bug in the ribs and whispers, "Well aren't you going to open it?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 20, 2020, 02:36:48 PM
Bug

arrives with "his" lady last.
His attention was sucked up by the chalk incident.

While he starrs at the symbol that aren't erased, Scarlet ask him to take action.

"Sure, if no one else wants the merit."

His facial expression clears up and he steps forward:
"Let me open this."

He strobes the wall ...

____
edit: "merit" not "merrit"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 21, 2020, 11:11:12 PM
Abdullah

Abdullah watches with interest, but doesn’t move to lend a hand unless asked.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 22, 2020, 12:49:17 AM
Bug knows the door pivots on a central axis so when he pushes on a side he has a 50%-50% chance of being right. High is correct>

(http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 84, total 84
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 22, 2020, 12:54:04 AM
As Bug pushes on the door, the section of wall with the X pivots into the basement and the other side into the sewer.  The party moves into the basement. Jeremiah is still unconscious over Abdullah's shoulder, Grobbitt still moves gingerly, Jorgenson sports a brave face but has obviously lost a lot of blood, Quinn seems fine if drunk and Bug seems to be warming to the affections of Scarlet.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on December 22, 2020, 08:07:08 PM

** The Dwarf in the cask departed then?
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2020, 01:54:39 AM
@ Old Man--So it would appear.

All members of the party entering the basement please provide a perception roll.

Jeremiah not perceiving much in an unconscious state

Jorgenson 
Rolled 1d100+25 : 19 + 25, total 44
Rolled 1d100+15 : 93 + 15, total 108




Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2020, 01:55:44 AM
Second roll was supposed to be for Quinn
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 23, 2020, 03:07:29 AM
Perception

Rolled 1d100+15 : 3 + 15, total 18
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 23, 2020, 03:37:47 AM
*** I'm sorry for laughing, but this is almost predictable at this point***
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on December 23, 2020, 08:53:17 AM
Grobbitt

Rolled 1d100 : 21, total 21
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 23, 2020, 10:40:06 AM
** well, Abdullah is carrying a body, and it has been several minutes since his last drink. ;)
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on December 26, 2020, 10:42:44 AM
Bug

"This was easy", it seems that he is a little bit disappointed about his ability to open the secret door.

Perception +20
Rolled 1d100+20 : 45 + 20, total 65
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on December 28, 2020, 03:14:12 AM
Quinn slurs, "Looks like someone was bleeding here." He points to a red stain on the floor of the tun, slightly up the side of the barrel.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 28, 2020, 03:55:17 AM
Abdullah

“Not concerned about that right now, this man needs medical attention.”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on December 31, 2020, 04:37:18 AM
Abdullah

Abdullah then calls aloud, “is there a doctor in the house?”
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 01, 2021, 04:30:20 AM
Jorgenson says, "I will go get Zariya."  He heads to the stairs and thumps hard on the trap door several times and waits a few seconds before opening the door. Then he disappears into the kitchen.  With his disappearance, Scarlet seems to suddenly realize that she has been returned to "civilization"; but that realization seems to inspire a new fear. "How do I look?" she asks Bug and then continues, "I am a mess, I need a new dress, this one is torn and soiled from that wretched place. I am sure my hair is a rat's nest..." she chuckles at her pun "...and I need a good scrubbing. My hero can we get a room here so that I can clean up before I face the world again?"

Quinn slurs, "Thisss isn't the placcce to try 'n' get clean, moooore likely you'll just get dirty---er."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 01, 2021, 11:06:39 PM
The Skandik returns to the basement with the healer in tow.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 02, 2021, 03:18:00 AM
Zariya

The healer is of the Karakhan peoples. He is a Human, male, 5' 8", 175 lbs, longish red-brown hair, green eyes, narrow beard, ruddy skin.

He wears traveling clothes with a leather jerkin, carries a walking staff, knife at his side and a rather large satchel over his shoulder.

He will examine each of the wounded in turn.


Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 02, 2021, 10:30:53 AM
Bug

turns to Scarlett:
"You know this place.
It is the inn you were abducted from.
I suppose the owner will give you a room."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 03, 2021, 08:37:38 PM
***Grobbitt and Abdullah please indicate your acceptance or declining of an examination by the foreign healer.***

Zariya examines the Skandik, and finds that he has a number of bruises and scratches, but by far his worst injury is a set of puncture wounds behind the knee on the left leg. These were obviously the source of the bleeding; however, the flow has been stopped and an hour or so of rest should see the wounds knitted to the point that they will not reopen. The man has obviously taken a beating in his recent battles but for the most part time and rest should restore what he has lost.  The puncture wounds appear to have been caused by rodent teeth.  You know that such wounds are notoriously dirtily, especially when inflicted in a sewer, an can easily become infected or cause disease. A thorough washing and antiseptic is in order, and a new clean bandage.
Then monitoring the patient for signs of disease for the next week or so.

The exam of the unconscious aristocrat finds that he has a nasty set of gashes on his right wrist, apparently the work of claws. He has many other bruises and scratches as well. You also notice that the skin of his left temple bears the slight blueish tinge of electrical damage.  The gashes were obviously the cause of prior bleeding but had been stabilized.  Again the man seems to need time and rest to recover his full health.  At present, providing some additional concussion hits would likely restore this consciousness and mobility. Binding his wrist tighter and immobilizing his arm in a sling, would aid in stopping the wound from reopening.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 03, 2021, 09:10:13 PM

While waiting for their reply, Zariya will tend to the other 2.

For Jorgensen, he will clean the wound and then apply his single dose of Turdurs to the wound (+10 disease resistance for 1-10 days)

For the aristocrat, he will also tend the wounds and then will feed him a single dose of Rewk (heal 2-20) to see if that brings him back to consciousness.

Rolled 2d10 : 1, 10, total 11

Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: I8flesh2 on January 03, 2021, 10:23:15 PM
Abdullah will make sure all others, including the girl, are treated before he is treated.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Grinnen Baeritt on January 05, 2021, 08:09:05 AM
Grobbitt

Wait in turn to be seen by the physician, when he does, shows him the cut.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 05, 2021, 12:17:53 PM

Zariya,

Will examine Grobbitt, the young lady (if she wishes) and then Abdullah.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 06, 2021, 01:54:36 AM
Upon being fed the potion, the Aristocrat quickly, regains consciousness.  A moment later he looks around surprised and exclaims,  "Where are we?"

Your examination of the Hobbit proves more troublesome than you would have expected. While he is humanoid and most of the anatomy seems similar, there are distinct differences. For example his resting heartrate seems very high, but he does not seem distressed by this.  Never the less, you can see that his left thigh has a puncture wound that also appears to be rodent inflicted.  Again the flow has stopped and the wound looks to be well on the way to being knitted.

The girl states that she is fine and looks at the foreigner a bit skeptically, but acknowledges to Bug, "He does seem to know what he's doing, he brought that man back to consciousness and neatly dressed the Skandik's wound."

Abdullah, seems to have taken a beating as well he has some nasty bruises and a couple of gashes, one on his arm just below his doublet and the other across his chest both broke the skin but did not appear to cause sustained bleeding. Bandages to keep them clean and aid in healing would help. Again a day of rest should have him back to full health, even if the sounds are still a bit pink.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 06, 2021, 12:47:53 PM

Zariya relates his findings, adding to the Hobbit, "If that bite starts to look funny let me know. I will try to find more Turdurs or a similar herb in town."

He will clean their wounds and redress everyone's bandages. He then says to the Skandik, "Lunch? Or do you need to go somewhere with these folk you've assisted? I gather she is the missing girl everyone is talking about?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 08, 2021, 02:08:01 AM
The girl look to Zaryia and says, "I am Scarlet Middleton. And if by "the missing girl everyone is talking about" you mean abducted, well yes that was/is me.  Wait, what are people saying?"
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 08, 2021, 12:07:08 PM

Zariya shrugs, "I am new to your city so I do not know all the details but I gather your parents are eager to have you home."

He'll finish up the first aid and then takes the Skandik aside and quietly asks Jorgenson, "Do you wish to accompany them to wherever they plan to go? I think you should, you earned a share of whatever they receive."
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 09, 2021, 05:15:20 PM
Scarlet seems a bit miffed by the foreigner's answer, "If everyone is talking they are saying more than my parents are eager to have me home!" she says with a huff, "Honey, please let me what people are saying, I need to know." as she turns to Bug.

Jorgenson replies to Zariya in hushed tones, "Other than presenting her to the barkeep for his reward, I have no idea of how to return her to her parents. She also said something about not being seen until she is more presentable, needing to bathe and a new dress--women. No one else has said anything about heading anywhere from here. I kind of think we are all a bit surprised that we recovered the girl." Then he leans in a whispers in Zariya's ear.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Old Man on January 09, 2021, 06:59:46 PM

Zariya speaks with Jorgenson for a moment and then turns to the rest, waiting to see what you next plan to do.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Dax on January 10, 2021, 06:55:11 PM
Bug

answers Scarlett:
"They are talking about nothing particular - only that you are missing.
And your father is eager to have you home again."

But now stay here while I inform the inn owner ...", Bug looks at Jorgenson,
"Oh he already knows that we are back.
I will ask him for a room for you to righten your dress."

Bug hurries the stairway up.
Title: Re: Into the Sewers
Post by: Just X on January 15, 2021, 03:59:12 AM
***The game seems to have lost my last post, so I am reposting it, hopefully it will stick***

As Bug disappears up the stairs Scarlet stammers to no one in particular, "But, but...if people are taking about me they must be saying something!" She looks dejected and pouts.

Jeremiah says, "You are correct, Mistress Middleton, when people talk they say something. Your father has offered a substantial reward for your safe return. This has kept people talking about you and your disappearance--actually a very astute move by your father as it motived searchers, as well as kept you in their thoughts. However, when people talk they often add their own thoughts and opinions. In the case of your story, I have heard that your disappearance was related to a kidnaping, you running off with a boyfriend, you were fleeing an arranged marriage, and that you had joined the Overlord's  harem. There were likely many others, but I try to avoid such gossip."
 
Scarlet looks at Jeremiah as if seeing him for the first time, after a moment she says, "I know you, you are the one whose wife..." after a long awkward pause she continues, "erha...whose family imports goods."

"Yes, my family is in the import/export trade," says Jeremiah, "I may be able to help you find a new dress, it might not be the latest fashion, or a perfect fit, but it will be clean."